AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-10-10, 22:52   Link #6001
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I wonder if the changes to PVP (Wintergrasp and Tol Barad) will effect servers like Blackrock?
Old 2010-10-10, 23:24   Link #6002
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Meh, that is hardly gamebreaking.

Well, any potential destination server we contemplated seems to do better that Blacrkock at Wintergrasp, but Horde still clear winner in all of them.
Old 2010-10-10, 23:34   Link #6003
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
*shrug* All I know is that even ppl from the #1 Oceanic guild, Adept, are refusing to play their Warriors and Hunters at present because they hate the new system.

I also know that Priests any spec suffer major mana issues, Shamans are having DPS problems overall and that Paladins suck unless someone truly bothered to relearn the new system.

On a more personal note - after nearly 6 years on Blackrock, I am changing server along with my guild. We're heading to Barthilas but remaining Alliance.

You know you make it sound like people are just being lazy tards and they CBF'd to learn something new.
Old 2010-10-11, 00:54   Link #6004
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
so Im guessing Rogue is the hardest DPS class?
Eh, personally i have never been too fond of the "which is the hardest spec to play" discussion, as different people tend to be good at tracking different things and simply not being comfortable with what many would perceive as "simple" mechanics and thus not necessarily perform better with those than a harder spec, but rogues would rank heavily towards the easy end, mechanics wise. If you are looking for a generally challenging spec, i would say go for either a feral druid or a shadowpriest. Kitties have a lot of on-the-spot decisions to make with a lot of impact on your DPS, and as a priest, learning to properly use and clip (or not, depending on dot duration) Mind Flay is a true pain in the behind (Looks like affliction locks might end up in a similar situation in Cata, with Drain Life replacing shadowbolt in the rotation). I am "not" looking towards trying to fit in Mind Spikes and SW: D in the rotation in cata, you will literally be spending all the time with your eyes glued to your debuff timers with little attention to spare for else

If you want an easy and likely guaranteed to be a successful spec, go with a fire mage.
Old 2010-10-11, 03:01   Link #6005
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
On a more personal note - after nearly 6 years on Blackrock, I am changing server along with my guild. We're heading to Barthilas but remaining Alliance.
Changing server type[normal/PVP/RP] or just looking for new place as a guild?
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 04:13   Link #6006
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Changing server type[normal/PVP/RP] or just looking for new place as a guild?
Both are PvP. Moving from US to Oceanic and from dying to promising.
Old 2010-10-11, 05:01   Link #6007
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
go with a fire mage.
Although, the new frost mage looks pretty cool if I do say so.
Old 2010-10-11, 05:14   Link #6008
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Although, the new frost mage looks pretty cool if I do say so.
They're both awesome. Arcane is junk. Fire is loaded wih DPS and survival/utility combining well. Frost has so many kite options it's nuts. Tried it out on some Horde in Twilight Highlands today and always came off the one living. The major change is Frostbolt has finally been recognised as a spell that is near impossible to cast in PvP without compromising distance or giving away positional advantage. The new system of spamming snares and having Ice Lance crits going off so much is more in line with what is plausible.
Old 2010-10-11, 15:53   Link #6009
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

So in Cataclysm, Arcane is going to be useless (which people were really addicted to using Arcane in Wrath, or atleast on my server) and mostly gonna switch to fire, since Frost is always considered a PvP spec?
Old 2010-10-11, 17:13   Link #6010
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'm not sure if useless is correct. In watching the TB vid of all the specs, Arcane is the least useful because it doesn't sync up with the other two specs at all. However he was able to get a fairly good rotation going that seemed like it could be sastained for a long time with what looked like viable dps compared to the other two specs. And it looked like if you needed seriouslt high burst damage you could do so for about 30 seconds before being out of mana, but have rather high dps for those 30 seconds.

Might be something if you had a boss almost down before an enrage and you basically use full out damage (rather than mana friendly damage) for when they yell to pop cooldowns and kill it now before it destroys the raid in the enrage. (50,000 damage crits self buffed in ilvl333 gear?)

However most will go Fire with some going Frost..depending on the encounter.
Old 2010-10-11, 17:21   Link #6011
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Might be something if you had a boss almost down before an enrage and you basically use full out damage (rather than mana friendly damage) for when they yell to pop cooldowns and kill it now before it destroys the raid in the enrage. (50,000 damage crits self buffed in ilvl333 gear?)
That will be amazing to see o.o.....

Quote:
However most will go Fire with some going Frost..depending on the encounter.
Blizzard is probably trying to make it so every spec has a valuable use in raids in most encounters, because in Wrath, it was mostly pick this spec for the most damage, but thats not how Blizzard wanted things to turn out. So they wanted to turn things back to normal.
Old 2010-10-11, 19:27   Link #6012
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well all in all...we all get to start learning about it tomorrow (roughly, depending on server stability, queue times, and when you just happen to get the thing downloaded and start to play again) cause Patch 4.0.1 is coming.
Old 2010-10-11, 19:51   Link #6013
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Well with 4.0.1 coming soon, I was rushing for glory of the hero since some of achievements might be annoying to get post-patch and I managed to get the last one I needed today[split personality] so I got it today, so I am happy with my new proto-drake and I have some 200 EoT to be converted tomorrow which if I heard correctly will each become 16 of the new points which 1k or so can buy tier 10 correct?
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 00:19   Link #6014
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Remember to be polite and wave goodbye to the Lich King before the world ends.
Old 2010-10-12, 07:08   Link #6015
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Blizzard sent me a email sayin CATA will be out Dec 7th
Old 2010-10-12, 07:53   Link #6016
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Which is true (unless it is delayed). However today is patch day. 4.0.1...class changes and things of that nature (also probably the start of the pre-CATA events).
Old 2010-10-12, 08:24   Link #6017
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Two patches. First to 4.0.0, then a second to 4.0.1. 4.0.1 patch is an additional 1.4 gigs, hope many of you guys already have all the background downloader stuff.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 08:52   Link #6018
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Two patches. First to 4.0.0, then a second to 4.0.1. 4.0.1 patch is an additional 1.4 gigs, hope many of you guys already have all the background downloader stuff.
If not, I suggest going to wowwiki and using one of the mirror DDLs. I did that and finished downloading it all in about 3-4 hours, whereas using the background downloader it took about an hour to complete 144mb.

Also, this patch makes me want to boot my account back up. Still not anything I really want to do at 80, but this patch will make it actually fun to level up my Priest (stuck at lv10) and finish up my Warrior and DK.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 09:44   Link #6019
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Ditto on the return besides I had fun when I was doing WoW, but the question do I want to work on WoW even know that I have alot of new obligations in my life (i.e. my little princess, new job, leaving old job).
Old 2010-10-12, 10:10   Link #6020
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

So that is what the new streaming downloader looks like.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows