AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-28, 14:37   Link #21
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

I give Kubo some respect for not dragging out these fights as much as he could have. Four chapters in and we're already down three FBs. That's acceptable, IMO.

Hoping the rest are just as quick and we can get back to watching Byakuya pwn Tsukishima and the showdown between Ichigo and Ginjou.
Old 2011-09-28, 15:23   Link #22
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Heh, I knnew renji was gonna spare her. Yay gender card :P
Yeah but Kubo didn't I don't think the gender card meant that much

As much as I hate to say this, ....Hitsu looked cool and what's more, no fugly chicken feet bankai! LoP APPROVES!!!!

The most profound part of this entire chapter was---
"God is always alone"

Which to me, developed Aizen's character in ways that so many fans failed to understand (Aizen soon come...soon come) Soon I will be penetrated by Aizen's Peni--er penetrating GLARE ...yeah yeah that's the ticket ... That was a great chapter so I am going to forgive Kubo for not giving Renji a noticeable power-up.... but he was so kewl and hawt, and he wasn't fodder for once. So I am going to let Kubo slide this time

Yukio is creepy and psychotic but he was the kind I actually like. It would be nice to see him kill a few people, before he dies..oh well I guess you can't have everything you want. I love the way, Kubo makes his villains sympathetic at the end. It doesn't excuse or justify his actions by any means...but the insight into their character actually makes it hard to hate them in the end. You kind of feel sorry for the crazy bastards in the end

Last edited by Lord of Pandemonium; 2011-09-28 at 15:36.
Old 2011-09-28, 15:26   Link #23
zombiebombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
Why did Kubo create the Fullbringers for, anyway? Now I'm sure there must be a bigger fish using them because none of them are a match to the shinigami (except Tsukishima's Book of the End, and even he was slower than Ichigo with Complete Fullbring and had to retort to using Orihime and Chad).
I hope the anime extends these fights a bit.
To act as a catalyst for Ichigo to regain his powers. Kubo needed something to spark change in the story, else Ichigo would have remained a human.

Or, maybe something else is happening behind the scenes. Maybe someone/thing is forcing shinigami to start killing humans (albeit fullbring humans). It's treason in SS to commit murder. Yeah, maybe Yamamoto is granting exceptions in this case, but maybe the spirit king won't (or the new central 46). That would make these guys outlaws. Then again, that would be recycling old plot.
Old 2011-09-28, 15:34   Link #24
Alchemist007
*Author

This chapter inspired me to make a new parody. I thought Yukio was handled rather fast, especially after the revelation of his past. Guess it shows how little importance fullbringers (these in particular) are in this arc.
Old 2011-09-28, 15:46   Link #25
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Toshiro just got so damn sarcastic. Loved his "Oh wow, yes that's really godlike". I seriously doubt we are supposed to feel sorry for the poor bastard but rather feel justified if he bites it.

Also, unless dirt girl is lying, this arc just gave notice that killing flag = true from now on.
Old 2011-09-28, 15:47   Link #26
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
It's just a very convenient way for even remotely sympathetic bad guys to get killed without the good guys ever having to bloody their hands. Something that's far too common in shonen.
Old 2011-09-28, 15:54   Link #27
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I love the way, Kubo makes his villains sympathetic at the end. It doesn't excuse or justify his actions by any means...but the insight into their character actually makes it hard to hate them in the end. You kind of feel sorry for the crazy bastards in the end
I agree, I hated dirty boots chick(whose name i cant even begin to remember) but there at the end i had a littl awww moment for her.
Old 2011-09-28, 16:11   Link #28
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:

As much as I hate to say this, ....Hitsu looked cool and what's more, no fugly chicken feet bankai! LoP APPROVES!!!!

The most profound part of this entire chapter was---
"God is always alone"

Which to me, developed Aizen's character in ways that so many fans failed to understand (Aizen soon come...soon come) Soon I will be penetrated by Aizen's Peni--er penetrating GLARE ...yeah yeah that's the ticket ... That was a great chapter so I am going to forgive Kubo for not giving Renji a noticeable power-up.... but he was so kewl and hawt, and he wasn't fodder for once. So I am going to let Kubo slide this time

Yukio is creepy and psychotic but he was the kind I actually like. It would be nice to see him kill a few people, before he dies..oh well I guess you can't have everything you want. I love the way, Kubo makes his villains sympathetic at the end. It doesn't excuse or justify his actions by any means...but the insight into their character actually makes it hard to hate them in the end. You kind of feel sorry for the crazy bastards in the end
the gender or race card doesnt have to be USED to take effect. a gentlemen not wanting to hurt a woman, even if shes out to kill him. thats still playing a gender card. and i wasnt being sexist... so please don't anyone get offended =\ Renji's a gentlemen and I would have done the same.
Old 2011-09-28, 16:32   Link #29
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I never really hated the dirty boots chick, but never really thought of her that much, yet in the end I did feel sorry for her.

Yukio...never liked him much and when I found out why he was such a prick I liked him even more, to the point that I wish Hitsu just finish him off Kenpachi style so we could move along. It's not what he did but his reasons that tick me off.
I usually like that villains, I do and the more villainous they are the better but if you have to give him a reason to be evil (other than for the lulz) then atleast make it a good one, not "Mommy and Daddy didn't love me...so I kill people" >_>

Personally I really wish there's no more Aizen (though I'm sure he will show up next arc) I find him to be a boring and overdone character and I believe Kubo can do much better than him for a final big boss. But then again that's just my opinion.
Old 2011-09-28, 16:50   Link #30
Alchemist007
*Author

I actually thought he was going to be as cool as Hitsu but he seemed to do a 360 this chap.
Old 2011-09-28, 17:34   Link #31
Slayerx

So it seems kubo is continuing his practice of giving most of his villains backstory only when they are about to die. Dirty boots chick played it subtle, while Yukio's served mainly to make him out to be a prick.

for the end of the chapter...

3 down, 3 to go before we get to the main event...
Though I do wonder if killing yukio will deactivate his field. If Riruka is gonna survive this as everyone expects, they will have to get around that limitation.
Old 2011-09-28, 18:00   Link #32
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

also, why are you guys complaining that the fights are too long? atleast we're not getting flash backs of all their pasts for 2 chapters like naruto....
Old 2011-09-28, 20:09   Link #33
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

My thoughts

Spoiler for ...:
Old 2011-09-28, 20:16   Link #34
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
It's just a very convenient way for even remotely sympathetic bad guys to get killed without the good guys ever having to bloody their hands. Something that's far too common in shonen.
Edit: Tell that to Starrk Captain Grab-Ass sure took him out and he was really sympathetic and part of him was a "loli"

Um yeah, it's called, getting rid of the dead weight
It's true in a lot of shounen manga. Just....Not in Bleach. The good guys killed bad guys all throughout Bleach. (Only Ichigo was penalized for doing what everyone but Hitsu did in the fights with the Arrancar)

Hell Mayuri is a Bad-Good-Guy that killed a a whole race of good guys. Gin was a good guy that halved a midget on the same side he was...

In Bleach it's not all black and white. Some good guys are bad guys and some bad guys are actually the good guys. It's very gray and that is one of the things that sets Bleach apart from a LOT of other Shounen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
I agree, I hated dirty boots chick(whose name i cant even begin to remember) but there at the end i had a littl awww moment for her.
I liked the boots, and her outfit, I just thought she was damn ugly

I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR SIGNATURE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
the gender or race card doesnt have to be USED to take effect. a gentlemen not wanting to hurt a woman, even if shes out to kill him. thats still playing a gender card. and i wasnt being sexist... so please don't anyone get offended =\ Renji's a gentlemen and I would have done the same.
No one is a offended, at least I don't think so. It was just funny because people were like "Kubo won't kill a woman..he's scared to do kill women (tell that to the chick Yami squished)" and then the chapter came out and she died

Edit: I admire you for your sentiments although I have seen some women beat the hell out of some guys. I believe if a chick punches a man in the face, he should lay her ass out. Gender shouldn't mean you can just go around hitting guys and they should take it because you're a girl. But that's just me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
My thoughts

Spoiler for ...:
how could you not embed the song?!

It's better with the music
Old 2011-09-28, 21:30   Link #35
Casshern

Gin suffered the greatest injustice in bleach ever. He did more against Aizen then all the captains and vizards put together, yet he was the only guy who died against Aizen in all the winter war and no one even made a fuss. That's bullshit.

On topic, it's about friggin time, Renji! Aside from that, looks like tsuki, ginjo and punk kid wont have to die so quick now that yukio is dead. Starting to think delinquent dude has some special significance to the plot.

Last edited by Casshern; 2011-09-28 at 21:48.
Old 2011-09-28, 21:42   Link #36
Alchemist007
*Author

There certainly was a fuss, but what else can be done?
Old 2011-09-28, 22:21   Link #37
sayde

I liked Gin, but I wouldn't consider him to be a protagonist worthy of salvation for lack of a better term.

While it's true that he had secretly opposed the main antagonist the entire time, that alone didn't necessarily make him one of the good guys IMHO. The methods he used and the things he was willing to do all for the sake of revenge were always going to prevent him from being completely excused or absolved for his actions.

Hell, even after learning of the only way to counter Aizen's trademark technique, what did he choose to do? He kept the secret to himself and sought suspense in watching the captains struggle to take him on without that info.

Then there's the act of murder of an unknown number of shinigami he's responsible for (when he was younger) as a result of his fake partnership on top of numerous other crimes he's likely committed for the sake of staying by Aizen's side. He also never showed any signs of remorse for the things he did while trying to achieve his goal.

So yeah...as cool as Gin was, Kubo wasn't about to let him off the hook apparently. At best, he was more like the lesser of two evils. What's really too bad is that it seems Kubo didn't feel he could do anything more with Gin in the future. Because if he had any chance of surviving the war, it all rested on that possibility.
Old 2011-09-29, 00:26   Link #38
rei_ayanami17
Agent 0017

For Capatain Hitsugaya: BANZAI!!!
sadly, I'm the only one to talk *sigh*

(-3-) Teh......Yukio referring himself as God is absolutely not appropriate for him! ......Isn't more preferred to call him "Gamemaster" than that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
They already did surpass Shinigamis. Its been shown in SS arc. But to surpass the Captains, that's something. And it wouldn't be easy. Captain's role is to be strong. It's their description from the start. If Orihime and Chad surpass them, I wonder what it would be for SS if people like them pops up and grouped against the Shinigamis (Not FKT style though, but then again...)

The moment the Captains and VC with Bankais showed up, I know the FB are done. So far, it's going okay (the pacing is bad, but not like its ever going to change).
it maybe makes sense that Fullbringers spare their lives to attain their ultimate goal which is to be in par with captains. Humans with fullbring power is surely lame but as souls with fullbing power?.......we don't know if that is possible and how far would their fullbring going to evolve if they were in that state but one thing I'm sure; that shinigami's aren't aware with these things because they're just here for fanservice! lol...Again, Banzai! for Captain Hitsugaya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
So it seems kubo is continuing his practice of giving most of his villains backstory only when they are about to die. Dirty boots chick played it subtle, while Yukio's served mainly to make him out to be a prick.
For arrancars, that thing is annoying and as you say, don't really makes sense. But for humans, maybe it is relevant to reveal their past to know it they're qualify to enter soul society or not. ......For jackie - perhaps but for that damn brat - i guess not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post

Hell, even after learning of the only way to counter Aizen's trademark technique, what did he choose to do? He kept the secret to himself and sought suspense in watching the captains struggle to take him on without that info.

Then there's the act of murder of an unknown number of shinigami he's responsible for (when he was younger) as a result of his fake partnership on top of numerous other crimes he's likely committed for the sake of staying by Aizen's side. He also never showed any signs of remorse for the things he did while trying to achieve his goal.
i would say deep inside, he just want to be a hero in his own way. But sadly, he's not that strong enough to take down Aizen and he is scared about the truth (Gin holds something we don't know, I'm sure!). For centuries, he is afraid to make his move. For the least, before everything ended according to Aizen's plan, he did his best to face that fear and risk his life as much as like shinigami's so i know that is worthy enough for his salvation......and yeah, i don't believe that Gin is dead -- NO WAY!

Ichimaru Gin
Old 2011-09-29, 01:08   Link #39
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by rei_ayanami17 View Post
i would say deep inside, he just want to be a hero in his own way. But sadly, he's not that strong enough to take down Aizen and he is scared about the truth (Gin holds something we don't know, I'm sure!). For centuries, he is afraid to make his move. For the least, before everything ended according to Aizen's plan, he did his best to face that fear and risk his life as much as like shinigami's so i know that is worthy enough for his salvation......and yeah, i don't believe that Gin is dead -- NO WAY!
That's definitely a different way of looking at it. Fair enough. I'm not sure why, but I just can't bring myself to debate it.
Old 2011-09-29, 01:54   Link #40
lucasd

If one is too powerfull for a cpatain (and to smart) he is suddenl;y dumbed down, You talk too much...

FACEPALM
Closed Thread