AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Old 2012-10-19, 08:36   Link #1441
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
The focal point of a harem is that the main female cast have romantic feelings for Yuuta.
Is this necessarily true? I know this will just end in a discussion about definitions but according to wikipedia for example it isn't

Quote:
Because romance is rarely the main focus of an entire series,[a] harem structure is ambiguous. The most distinguishable trait is arguably the group of girls who accompany, and in some instances cohabitate with the boy, and while intimacy is just about customary, it is never necessary
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harem_%28genre%29

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 08:56   Link #1442
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Yuuta should teach Yumeha not to hang around Rikka too much. She could easily be influenced by Rikka's delusions, and I don't think they want a chibi-chuuni among their ranks.
She's just a kid, she's allowed to have delusions. Her interaction with Rikka was very cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Are you sure they were the ones holding hands? It might not be the case.
You think they each might be holding somebody else's hand? It's not impossible since we don't see Yuuta and Rikka on screen at the time, but it's unlikely, I think. That would make the OP quite trolltastic, misleading us like that.
Old 2012-10-19, 09:00   Link #1443
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ TAYLER View Post
In Inouie's case being '17' for decades does put you in the ball-park, at least partially.
No not at all, since the "I'm Inoue Kikuko I'm 17 (audience: Oi oi/yeah right tsukkomi)" is a self-degrading joke which Inoue Kikuko came up with (including the the audience is to tsukkomi the joke bit) as an ice breaker to use during events, she actually has no illusion about how she's not actually forever 17 (as the joke is played on the fact that she can't be 17), thus this actually squarely puts her *outside* the chuuni delusional area.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 09:20   Link #1444
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Is this necessarily true? I know this will just end in a discussion about definitions but according to wikipedia for example it isn't

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harem_%28genre%29
I don't agree with that and I don't really see a reason to considering even the person who writes the article that Wikipedia is citing doesn't have a real reason other than, "This is how I define it."

Anyway, this is getting away from the point, which is that most of the characters probably won't develop feelings for Yuuta, and there's no reason to assume that they will.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 10:31   Link #1445
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigantz22 View Post
2. Shinka having feelings for Yuuta (I would hate if this happens, since it would likely interfere with the development of the main relationship).
In a harem show like this, all the ladies have feelings for the leading man. That's pretty much how they work.
As a number of posters have already pointed out, this anime is not supposed to be a harem, but a romantic comedy. While it could, theoretically, develop into a harem show, it isn't one at present and has not been advertised as such.

At this point, Rikka is the only one of the girls who has shown any (definite) interest in Yuuta, and even then it doesn't (yet) appear to be of any romantic nature. The other girls? Sanae is there because Rikka summoned her. Kumin is there to nap.

That leaves Nibutani, who, well, Yuuta obviously has a crush on but it seems to be one sided. Granted, she joined the club at the end of episode 3 and clearly has an ulterior motive, but we don't know (for sure) yet what that is, and if the name-related speculation already brought up by several posters pans out, it will have had nothing to do with Yuuta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Do we even know if the anime will roughly follow the story of the LN at this point or not? Is Rikka even the designated 'winner' in the anime?
Well, is Rikka the "main girl"? Try asking yourself that while watching any of the "Lite" episodes, particularly during the OP/ED. Come on, this anime will end in one of two ways:

1) Yuuta and Rikka hook up
2) Yuuta and Rikka are going too hook up in the future
Old 2012-10-19, 10:45   Link #1446
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I'm looking forward to seeing how Yuuta gradually transfers his affection from Shinka to Rikka. And I suspect (hope?) that Shinka may be, not a recovered chuunibyou "sufferer," but a current sufferer under deep cover.

And thanks to houkoholic for more info about Uesaka Sumire (Sanae), who is a pretty interesting figure in herself. Make sure you click through to the pics he posted from a radio show blog. They show her in full Kuroneko-style goth-loli, casting a curse and calling down the god.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 10:51   Link #1447
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

So, none of you are even going to consider the Shinka route eh ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 10:52   Link #1448
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post

1) Yuuta and Rikka hook up
2) Yuuta and Rikka are going too hook up in the future
I'm not really expecting any resolution since this is a one cour anime adaption of an ongoing light novel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It looks like a KyonxMikuru all over again.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 10:54   Link #1449
Goggen

Quote:
I'm not really expecting any resolution since this is a one cour anime adaption of an ongoing light novel.
That'd be option #2, then.
Old 2012-10-19, 10:54   Link #1450
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
It's a VERY loose adaptation of a Light Novel, so anything can happen
Old 2012-10-19, 10:54   Link #1451
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
I would like to see a Shinka route but I'm not expecting it to happen. She's my fav but I'm not going to complain about Rikka ending up with Yuuta. As long as she gets ample screen time, then I'm happy.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 11:04   Link #1452
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing how Yuuta gradually transfers his affection from Shinka to Rikka. And I suspect (hope?) that Shinka may be, not a recovered chuunibyou "sufferer," but a current sufferer under deep cover.
I was secretly hoping for this as well, unlikely it may be, it would make her character very interesting.

As for YuutaxShinka, while I'm not against the pair, I find Yuuta's affection toward Shinka rather superficial. I mean he only likes her just because she like the prettiest girl in class. I sense deeper bonding between Yuuta and Rikka.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 11:13   Link #1453
EroKing

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-10-19, 11:17   Link #1454
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
I was secretly hoping for this as well, unlikely it may be, it would make her character very interesting.

As for YuutaxShinka, while I'm not against the pair, I find Yuuta's affection toward Shinka rather superficial. I mean he only likes her just because she like the prettiest girl in class. I sense deeper bonding between Yuuta and Rikka.
The bond between Yuuta and Rikka could be said that it's base mostly on Rikka dragging him along, but okay if the Chuni-Byo is the main tying factor, then if Shinka is confirm to be a former Chuni-Byo, then that would place the bond between those two to be closer right? Both of them being former Chuni-Byo and understand 'da feelin'

In any case, even if Yuuta and Rikka are closer, it doesn't mean it'll become a love relatioship though at this point the same could be said about Shinka so I guess we don't have much else to go on

But hey, maybe in the end the whole thing would have nothing to do with love at all Don't get your hopes up

(imo though, I don't think it needs to be a love story)
Old 2012-10-19, 11:27   Link #1455
Goggen

Quote:
Quote:
It's a VERY loose adaptation of a Light Novel, so anything can happen
Actually, come to think of it - is it actually ongoing? I know there's a second novel, but do we know that there are going to be any more?

Quote:
If it wasn't, then the title would be the greatest troll ever.
Old 2012-10-19, 11:40   Link #1456
zigantz22

Quote:
The bond between Yuuta and Rikka could be said that it's base mostly on Rikka dragging him along, but okay if the Chuni-Byo is the main tying factor, then if Shinka is confirm to be a former Chuni-Byo, then that would place the bond between those two to be closer right? Both of them being former Chuni-Byo and understand 'da feelin'

In any case, even if Yuuta and Rikka are closer, it doesn't mean it'll become a love relatioship though at this point the same could be said about Shinka so I guess we don't have much else to go on

But hey, maybe in the end the whole thing would have nothing to do with love at all Don't get your hopes up

The title along with this portion of an interview with the director suggests otherwise:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Ishihara: This story is definitely a romantic comedy though. When you see things like the idiotic conversations/meetings between Rikka and Yuuta, I think you'll enjoy it. When you finish the entire show, you'll understand that it's meant to be a real romantic story. Please watch it through the very end.
zigantz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 11:43   Link #1457
MogMoogle1
Idol Power!

I dunno, something fishy about that Shinka girl...
Old 2012-10-19, 11:59   Link #1458
Ridwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Rikka calls her sister "Priestess", so I assume that Touka's employer (possible "Goddess") would be related to just how perfect Touka's movements are. We also have to consider how she uses her ladle as if it was an extension of her body.
Perhaps she trains with an ever-uppity delivery girl at work ?
Old 2012-10-19, 12:08   Link #1459
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I'm not sure it has been mentioned recently that the title of the show means: "I'm chuunibyou, but I still want to make love." ("Make love" in the sense of being in love with someone and acting loving toward them and with them, not necessarily of anything physical.)
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 12:30   Link #1460
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:

So far up to this episode, Yuuta is sympathetic toward Rikka since he's a former chu2byo but nothing romantic as of yet, but when it comes to Shinka, Yuuta only likes her because of her model student persona which may not be her true self as hinted by many posts in this thread. Until we learn more about Shinka character beyond her perfect exterior (chu2byo or not doesn’t matter) and whether she has feelings for Yuuta, I will withhold my judgment whether the pair is worth routing or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MogMoogle1 View Post
I dunno, something fishy about that Shinka girl...
Fishy as in Chuuni-fishy or is it something else? Anyway, hope we'll find that out soon enough.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chuunibyou, drama, romance, romantic comedy, school, seinen