AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-06-08, 21:24   Link #26181
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Ghirarga
Epyon wannabe?
lol aren't most AGE suits wannabes?
Old 2012-06-08, 21:31   Link #26182
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
lol aren't most AGE suits wannabes?
I must admit that many of Vagan's suits are pretty original in their designs......until I saw Ghirarga .
Old 2012-06-08, 22:00   Link #26183
Providenceangle

That's a pretty bold generalization. Just because it has a sectional whip weapon, it's a ripoff of the Epyon? The Epyon didn't even pioneer that weapon. It's just an interesting design so they used it.

Must admit the AGE series isn't really creative. Nor is it geared toward old school fans. It like most gundams, it's made to create a reason to sell bandai kits. It's been like that for the most part. Just think of the last few gundam series, including wing. There are like 20 gundams! And with 00 and Age there are even more. (00 having 12 just for the main 4 characters, and age having 3 so far with adaptations.)

I like all the gunpla without a doubt, but it is kinda sad to see so much stuff just shoveled out there.
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 22:25   Link #26184
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providenceangle View Post
That's a pretty bold generalization. Just because it has a sectional whip weapon, it's a ripoff of the Epyon? The Epyon didn't even pioneer that weapon. It's just an interesting design so they used it.
Of course I know that Epyon isn’t the first to use “whip” as a weapon, but it surely the first to use “feather-like whip” which is copied by this Ghirarga. It’s even attached to the butt just like Epyon in MA mode (and it’s red). But, nevermind. I guess I’m just upset that Ghirarga’s design looks worse than the previous Zeydra and copied a signature weapon of another popular MS to boot. This series is partly meant as a tribute anyway, right? So..... yeah, nevermind.
Old 2012-06-08, 22:36   Link #26185
Providenceangle

Opinions are perfectly valid. I'm not bashing you. Nor or you wrong for feeling the way you do.

I can only see that as a similar design aspect. It is true though. They had the chance to make that suit much more aggressive looking, and fell short.
Old 2012-06-09, 03:55   Link #26186
casval cehack

Saw this while rummaging for marked-down gunplas in our local hobby shop...

They do look weird standalone, but the fit with RG Freedom is ok (a little heavy for posing). The clear plastic feels rough and cheap though, but I got it for around $2.
Old 2012-06-09, 03:58   Link #26187
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

the blue ones are wrong, they need red lines on the inside
Old 2012-06-09, 04:57   Link #26188
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
the blue ones are wrong, they need red lines on the inside
I think that’s asking a little too much for a $2 product .

And yeah, I ask about it some pages ago, but when I figured out how it really looks and feels (I went to a hobby-store), I didn’t like it. Personally, I think the effects looks silly. I’d better leave the beam effects to my imagination .
Old 2012-06-09, 09:35   Link #26189
Ikaoru

Questions for Red x Blue Frame Astray...

Does the Lohengrin Launcher fit on Red Frame as a skirt armor? Or any part of the body? I haven't build my Red frame kai astray and thinking of buying the canon individually.
Ikaoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 09:52   Link #26190
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

SRW much
Spoiler for Super Jesta:

Spoiler for Anime ja nai:
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 10:07   Link #26191
HasuMasu
*Artist

Holy damn, 'super' isn't enough to describe it.
Old 2012-06-09, 10:20   Link #26192
Providenceangle

1/144 scale is the real kicker for that jesta. Kinda makes me sick thinking of how detailed it looks lol.
Old 2012-06-09, 12:34   Link #26193
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Those Jesta Customs are so cool they make me drool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikaoru View Post
Questions for Red x Blue Frame Astray...

Does the Lohengrin Launcher fit on Red Frame as a skirt armor? Or any part of the body? I haven't build my Red frame kai astray and thinking of buying the canon individually.
Sorry if I’m mistaken, but are you talking about the Lohengrin Launcher conversion kit used for 1/100 Astray Blue Frame (ABF) 2nd L? If you are, I don’t think the Lohengrin will fit the MG ARF Kai since both have really different skirt armor design. One noticable difference is there’s no hole on the side skirt of the MG ARF. I have 1/100 ABF 2nd L & also just finished my MG ARF Kai, btw. What a coincidence ^^.

Speaking of MG ARF Kai, I think I’ll share some pics here:

Spoiler for I swear, this guy has so many forms it drives me nuts:
Old 2012-06-09, 14:36   Link #26194
Appel

the design of the astray line in general is just so damn cool... im so glad to have my PG red frame^^ its sword is SO darn huge, i love it! :O
and nice job on your astrays as well! you actually managed to pose it very nicely in all of its forms!
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 14:56   Link #26195
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
the design of the astray line in general is just so damn cool... im so glad to have my PG red frame^^ its sword is SO darn huge, i love it! :O
and nice job on your astrays as well! you actually managed to pose it very nicely in all of its forms!
Well, Perfect Grade ARF is... well..., perfect. What can you say ?

And thanx. Still, configuring each form of the MG ARF is not as enjoyable as it looks, you know . But it looks great and the Tactical Arms II is pretty solid, so yeah, it's really worth it.

Btw Appel, why don't you get yourself MG ARF & ABF? The ARF Kai is great, and I plan to buy MG ABF after I'm done with Shenlong & Deathscythe (yeah, still two more to go to complete the Wing series ).
Old 2012-06-09, 15:32   Link #26196
Appel

Quote:
Btw Appel, why don't you get yourself MG ARF & ABF? The ARF Kai is great, and I plan to buy MG ABF after I'm done with Shenlong & Deathscythe (yeah, still two more to go to complete the Wing series ).
i dont buy them because i already have the PG red frame^^ im no huge fan of buying models of the same machine multiple times. sometimes i make exceptions (like with the unicorn and the original gundam) but other than that i dont like to do that.
besides, if i would do that id run out of shelf space even quicker! XD
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 01:02   Link #26197
Ikaoru

Quote:

Sorry if I’m mistaken, but are you talking about the Lohengrin Launcher conversion kit used for 1/100 Astray Blue Frame (ABF) 2nd L? If you are, I don’t think the Lohengrin will fit the MG ARF Kai since both have really different skirt armor design. One noticable difference is there’s no hole on the side skirt of the MG ARF. I have 1/100 ABF 2nd L & also just finished my MG ARF Kai, btw. What a coincidence ^^.
Thanks for the info. I'm thinking of buying Blue just because I love having multipurpose weapons. I'll hold on Blue for a while.

I do have RF but I haven't build it yet. I assume that they're identical in one way or the other which I'm hoping for the same attachment parts.

Thanks again!
Ikaoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 02:39   Link #26198
bio9205
Reborn

Obelisk, is that the MG Astray Red Frame? It looks really good! As an archer myself, I love that badass bow. Thinking of picking it up! Hopefully I'll be able to find one for cheap at a local hobby shop.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 03:03   Link #26199
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Obelisk, is that the MG Astray Red Frame? It looks really good! As an archer myself, I love that badass bow. Thinking of picking it up! Hopefully I'll be able to find one for cheap at a local hobby shop.
Yes it is . There's only one kind of MG ARF which also comes with Tactical Arms. It is good looking and solid, but as I said before, configuring it to each forms needs patience. Still, this kit worth your money (especially if you bought it with bargain price, like me )

Really, you're an archer? Wow, how does shooting with a bow feels? Is it heavy or easy? Have you compete in some kind of tournaments?

@Ikaoru
Just to make it clear: MG ABF 2nd Revise is different from 1/100 ABF 2nd L.
The design of MG ARF Kai is similar to MG ABF 2nd Revise while the 1/100 ABF 2nd L is different from MG ARF Kai's design.
You can check dalong.net for more comparison. I hope this help ^_^.
Old 2012-06-10, 09:50   Link #26200
PzIVf3

Spoiler for I forgot whats this name.:
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy