AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-02, 05:18   Link #841
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

What did the Harvester say to the other Harvester when there was Bluecheesium everywhere? "We must gather all we can!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
So finally Hikki is an Ace, eh? Good for him.

We have a winner in this thread.

....did I just see a loli villain?
He's very powerful, and I think his personality qualifies as gynous, so yes he's admitted.

Thank you! I think I should do several OPs featuring the characters in groups. But when I have more time first!

Not just a loli villian, but several. I think it has been 7 since u last posted. Mine's the "Kamen Goth Psychic Vampire Loli with a Big Freaking Sword". What a long title.

Quote:
x-x-x-x-x

Alright, since I had been absent for 3 days (stupid limited Internet availability at village D: ) I'm going to post everything I had worked on along the period of time.

[snip]

BEHOLD!!!111oneoneeleven
OMG Fatal Fury, Fate Stay Night, Guilty Gear... And Hikki learned his Reality Marble from Sophia Alexei's half brother?! He really deserves to be one of the Aces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
At last I was able to finish my little contribution to OC thread, feel free to comment

Spoiler for foreword:

Spoiler for profile:

A full history with practical descriptions how that all works in combat is yet to follow. So far I'm still able to implement some changes if necessary.

(reading other profiles it seems I managed not to cross the borders of admissible brokeness, did I?)
No worries, original messing is even better, especialy when you have a good idea! By standard, this is an above average character, partly because David Brown and Hikki have pushed the bar so S*******-high. But IMO any character who can manipulate the fabric of time and space should qualify as an SS+, even SSS. For that is a heck load of energy required IMO. The only thing uber about Kha is that his borrowed Light powers makes him next-to-unkillable. Sever his divine link, and he's left with pretty much nothing. Very good character. Nice history and everthing's been thought out. No wall of skills, thankfully. Now to make use of him...

Quote:
Alas, my friend, the encounter will have to wait as the road is still pretty much long. But as for now....

Hikki: *casts Unlimited Gale Works*
Alexandra: *casts Unlimited Midnight Carnival*
*both stare at each other*
Hikki: .......
Alexandra: .....
Both: where did you learn that?!?!!

thank.s :3
Sophia: *summons Unlimited Imperium Vault* Hi~~ Just a little trick my oni-chan taught me. A11 U Tr4c3r b453 4r3 b310ng 2 uz! (Fires a million blades)

That's right, she also has a Reality Marble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Once again 3 freaking AM in the morning. I have to stop posting so late ><. In anycase. Finally, I present you the last member of the Blue Flame Squad under the command of Cassandra Ivanov, Hiro Nakamura enters the game!

This is the longest of the squad profiles (Not counting Cass and Kali). It contains a very detailed version of some scenes mentioned in other profiles and other additional information.

Spoiler for Hiro Nakamura:

Going to sleep. See you guys later and I'll post comments on other characters as well when I come back ^^.
Unison Device Sakura: Wii~~ It's complete desu! Time to play with them desu!
Kha: Knowing you, I think they'd be very very scared...

I wonder if Cass treats them like her own children. I get this feeling that she does. Going to need that for her characterisation, which IMO seems like a silent but firm okasan type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
I'm thinking that the units were probably bearing the main brunt of the work before Yuuno took over, and after he did, he streamlined a lot of the work, which would explain why the 8th IAR is now down to only two members.

Probably all the IAR units in general are but one facet of the corps of clerks assigned to the Infinite Library (which may or may not actually be infinite), and so Yuuno, as Head Librarian, probably only knows Halley and May in a professional manner. (Whether or not he keeps any pictures of Halley under his bed... let's not go there.)
We the 300 will personally skin him for a cashmere jacket if he does that.

Quote:
Personally, I'm hoping that we'll see more of Yuuno's work in StrikerS, since otherwise, I'll be going entirely from guesswork. The Infinite Library concept has fascinated me ever since I read about Borges' Library of Babel, and I'd hate to have to keep correcting the story due to new canon information.

On an odd note, I had a random idea about this when creating the 8th IAR, with the 8th IAR and the 37th CIAA joining forces to explore the depths of the Infinite Library for some reason or another, but then I realized that I would have no way of stopping myself from making bad jokes about random orangutans.
Ah yes the Librarian. I do believe he's in there, given that the Library does run through several dimensions. So far, when it comes to Yuuno, I characterize most officer's reactions to Yuuno as that orangutan. Save Chrono for obvious reasons.

Quote:
I'm not sure if I'm reading the references correctly here...
Its part H***** and part Imperium of Man from WH40K.

You see, it was rumored that the Holy Immortal God Empress of the old Holy Velka Imperiallon had S.H. for her initials. And when Kha was casually listening to Whispers originating from other dimensions, he heard Her Excellency S******* H*****, once even more damningly GOD EMPRESS S******* H*****. The Saint Church Department for Cultural Recovery and Preservation has yet to prove or disprove this theory, so if something like what I thought of happened...

Kyon comes to the club room and discovers a probational member in his SOS Dan. And he just realized that Haruhi discovered that Magicusers would be rather fun to meet as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Since villians seem to be popular now, here's the profiles of two of them. Code-named Threshold and Pain.
Spoiler for TSAB Profile #47C6: Threshold:
Spoiler for TSAB Profile #47C7: Pain:
Pain originally had a big sword, but I decided to change the weapon.
One word: OWWWWW!!! That was pretty much my limit. Seems like they fight using psionics as well, being able to share their pain. Hmm... A random encounter with them is in order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Part III is here. This time, it's a simple highlight on Saga's device and it's A.I.

Spoiler for Part III : Heart of Golden:

This is one is kinda less dramatic, and more comical as in it's interactions between Null and Saga. A war without some comedy or quirky family bonding is boring anyway.

As for what is Zwei and Drei...that comes much later when Saga's l33t fighting skills get to show itself in full form of Null, Zwei and Drei. The next one should either be the battle between Signum and Isdera that earned them their nicknames, or Saga and Reinforce's first meeting, depending on writing mood.

There's a bunch of references here too, most of which should be quite easy. :P
Ahem. I saw "seku-hara" and my mind pretty much went .

It seems like some CCS here, with the Sakura-witnessing-the-past-but-Clow-can-sense-her idea. That's pretty much what I could, other than the winner Soundstage reference. I like how Swertkreuz grew up over time. And I pity both Null AND Saga. It's that time of a girl's life. At least he should be glad that Null isn't going to be able to bring home dubious Devices. I hope.
Old 2007-06-02, 06:13   Link #842
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Kyon comes to the club room and discovers a probational member in his SOS Dan. And he just realized that Haruhi discovered that Magicusers would be rather fun to meet as well.
And so we meet our Slider.

EDIT: And for something completely different.

Spoiler for Excerpt:

Last edited by dkellis; 2007-06-02 at 06:41.
Old 2007-06-02, 06:28   Link #843
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
No worries, original messing is even better, especialy when you have a good idea! By standard, this is an above average character, partly because David Brown and Hikki have pushed the bar so S*******-high. But IMO any character who can manipulate the fabric of time and space should qualify as an SS+, even SSS. For that is a heck load of energy required IMO. The only thing uber about Kha is that his borrowed Light powers makes him next-to-unkillable. Sever his divine link, and he's left with pretty much nothing. Very good character. Nice history and everthing's been thought out. No wall of skills, thankfully. Now to make use of him...
Well, I wasn't sure myself which rank should Serge get, in the end I decided to make his rank represent his level in Mid-Childa style magic disregarding his abilities to manipulate magic particles (they need a shorter name how about magitrons?). So in terms of using regular magic he's just above average (do you see where this thread took us? talking about AAA as something just above average - must rewatch S1 to get things right ), and taking the Device out of consideration he'll be somewhere around B probably (or rather he'll be pretty much dead).
Good point about energy requirements of high-level manipulations, I'll note that I should describe this regarding magitrons (users of regular magic may go add themselves another rank - JoJo's Bizzare Adventures come to mind: No matter how hax0red is a character there'll be always someone who'll find a way around the hax ... well, sometimes with a counterhax ).
And feel free to make use of Serge, I wonder where his not-completely-a-good-guy attitude and disobedient Device would get him

On another topic: was the way the pain-sharing loli imbues her victims with limiters revealed yet? is it pure psionics or there's some material manifestation?

Overall how will the heroes overcome psionic attacks? In Nanoha there were no such occasions as far as I remember, so what should be taken as the basis?
Old 2007-06-02, 07:17   Link #844
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
they need a shorter name how about magitrons?
How about just "energy"
Old 2007-06-02, 07:53   Link #845
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
"Magic is the term for the process in which energy is projected to affect things in both levels, physical and energetic. It is also the term for the process in which energy is gathered, given polarity and property, and then realized into the physical world- the reverse of most nuclear processes- which matter turns into energy."

- Unknown

*yes, i'm bored...
---

Even divinity has its limits.

---

@ CATS:

your Arisa AV rocks - do you have the whole pic?

the device that she's with sparked another alteration to my fan version of Arisa.

^^
Old 2007-06-02, 07:58   Link #846
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
How about just "energy"
In the Tech thread, and here as well, I use Mana, with MP being the unit of measure for the amount of left in the mage's mana pool/reserve/stamina.
Old 2007-06-02, 09:01   Link #847
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

... talk about insane backlog.... I think we've had more character profiles made in the past few hours than in the past week combined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Since villians seem to be popular now, here's the profiles of two of them. Code-named Threshold and Pain.
Spoiler for TSAB Profile #47C6: Threshold:
Spoiler for TSAB Profile #47C7: Pain:
Pain originally had a big sword, but I decided to change the weapon.
Pain and Threshold are quite mysterious at the moment (obviously due to their rather scant descriptions), still as Villains they are quite powerful already (like Erio, I'm wondering how Threshold places limiters on her opponents), and a scythe user? I like The pair seem to be the Shield and Aegis type, one providing defense, the other offense, very cool

Although Pain is bound to have a lot of pun problems in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Part III is here. This time, it's a simple highlight on Saga's device and it's A.I.

Spoiler for Part III : Heart of Golden:

This is one is kinda less dramatic, and more comical as in it's interactions between Null and Saga. A war without some comedy or quirky family bonding is boring anyway.

As for what is Zwei and Drei...that comes much later when Saga's l33t fighting skills get to show itself in full form of Null, Zwei and Drei. The next one should either be the battle between Signum and Isdera that earned them their nicknames, or Saga and Reinforce's first meeting, depending on writing mood.

There's a bunch of references here too, most of which should be quite easy. :P
... thanks for making me spit my drink on the monitor

It begs the question of how Astra could learn such words in the distant past of the Zerstoritter, unless there's a dimensional time-space differential involved Nonetheless, Null is now in contention with Sakurazaki as "Most Awesome OC Device Personality" ever

IIRC Saga is still alive in StrikerS right? So I'm wondering how he'll react when he first meets Hayate...

Quote:
x-x-x-x-x

Alright, since I had been absent for 3 days (stupid limited Internet availability at village D: ) I'm going to post everything I had worked on along the period of time.

[cut for awesome length]

BEHOLD!!!111oneoneeleven
*knocked down*

That was long... and satisfying. Unlimited Blade Works seem to be a VERY popular spell to have these days, but each with their own variation. I wonder what it'll look like if Hikki, Alexandra and Sophia combine their versions into a single all-encompassing attack

*prepares for the end of the world*

BTW, on Whistling Gale, what do you mean..."reset" the target?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratler View Post
With your permission, I would like to use that image as part of Alex's profile.
"As I see it sir... it's yours anyway".

I'll try doing Staff form next, which'll be easier since I'll be using the Blitz form as a template. And I might even do Clyuno mode as well, although that one will take a while

Quote:
At last I was able to finish my little contribution to OC thread, feel free to comment

[cut for awesome length]

A full history with practical descriptions how that all works in combat is yet to follow. So far I'm still able to implement some changes if necessary.

(reading other profiles it seems I managed not to cross the borders of admissible brokeness, did I?)
Trying to create a new style of magic and with attacks to boot in such detail... truly that is awesome Serge reminds me of Laplace's Demon though, especially with Aether Insight.

And AO is quite the megalomanic uncooperative device there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Once again 3 freaking AM in the morning. I have to stop posting so late ><. In anycase. Finally, I present you the last member of the Blue Flame Squad under the command of Cassandra Ivanov, Hiro Nakamura enters the game!

This is the longest of the squad profiles (Not counting Cass and Kali). It contains a very detailed version of some scenes mentioned in other profiles and other additional information.

Spoiler for Hiro Nakamura:

Going to sleep. See you guys later and I'll post comments on other characters as well when I come back ^^.
And Blue Flame is complete, and it ends in awesome as well

Maybe you should do a combined profile for all four of them as a team, to better understand their dynamic (although their team attacks are awesomely dynamic enough XD).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Bored... and it's 4PM local time here...

I introduce one of the many androids that frequent the bureau.

i can see Kha now, jumping like a kid.

Spoiler for TSAB Central Controller AI: CC:
C...C??

I like her concept very much, as the central element of one of the most complex network systems in the TSAB, and in command of a space base no less

And in charge of her own Rift Generator?!?!?! *jawdrop*

I suddenly see her "eating" lots of Pizza Hut...

Quote:
As promised, the Cleric is back!

EDIT: HOLY S******* I just got a very weird brain wave...

A powerful burst of mana was detected on Earth some time ago, but it's cause was never ascertained by the TSAB. However, Saint Church had been monitoring a unique wave signature from the planet ever since, and when an archaeological dig turns up the Gospel cartridges, the extremely divine ones supposedly etched with the entire Velka Bible on a nano-scale and tempered with the God Empress' blood, the Church discovers that the signature of the mana stored in the cartridges is the exact same one as the low energy one from Earth. The 21st is sent to investigate... And the question they answer will change the path of the New Velka forever...

Does the God Empress live?
... Our God Empress is truly powerful for her will to reach even the TSAB

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-06-02, 09:46   Link #848
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

I like her concept very much, as the central element of one of the most complex network systems in the TSAB, and in command of a space base no less

CC: Why is everyone afraid of me? It's not I'm going to mind control you guys or something?

She's only the AI admin, not the base commander... in a sense, she's part IT dept, Part maintenance, part accounting- basically part office, part living android, part living daycare teacher.

Like i said, she needs authorization before she even looks at an area as a target for being sucked into kingdom come. She a superweapon alright, but not a manic, unrestrained one.

I can see Rein and CC eating together... toss in Tessa and Mashiro and you get...
Old 2007-06-02, 09:50   Link #849
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
I can see Rein and CC eating together... toss in Tessa and Mashiro and you get...
... a 9000 moegaton explosion that'll destroy the very fabric of space time with an infinite surge of kawaii and moe?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-06-02, 09:56   Link #850
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Quote:
... a 9000 moegaton explosion that'll destroy the very fabric of space time with an infinite surge of kawaii and moe?
and the great composition known as Yukana VA jokes musings

and it's rated at 10000 moegatons... estimated yield of the moe device
Old 2007-06-02, 10:04   Link #851
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
... talk about insane backlog.... I think we've had more character profiles made in the past few hours than in the past week combined
Yeah took me a while to clear them all.

Quote:
*knocked down*

That was long... and satisfying. Unlimited Blade Works seem to be a VERY popular spell to have these days, but each with their own variation. I wonder what it'll look like if Hikki, Alexandra and Sophia combine their versions into a single all-encompassing attack

*prepares for the end of the world*
Sophia: As if! Mines an original Noble Phantasm rather than a Traced clone, so don't put me in the same league as them.
Kha: Don't say that! That--

Sees fuming Alexandra and Hikki

Kha: (swallows hard)

Suffice to say, her "holier-than-thou" attitude classic of her caster-class gives Kha Chrono-sized headaches sometimes...

Quote:
C...C??

Yeah Kha spots, the directors turn the Key, and CC fires. She's one of the 3 AI aboard the legendary Silvana, the others being Ship Navigator Minerva and her "daughter" Chacha. Together they have played a major role in tending to Kha's wounds during the AlternateS arc, helped Sakura settle in after her hasty rebirth, and were the life of the ship during their darkest times. Kha treats them like family.

Sakura, for one, finds Chacha the annoying little sister...

Quote:
... Our God Empress is truly powerful for her will to reach even the TSAB
She's the God Empress after all... I think.

@Moe debate: MOEGATON!!! ROFL!!! That has just been saved in my dictionary. Man I couldn't resist. I'm posting first, now to work on my "surprise".
Old 2007-06-02, 10:17   Link #852
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Sophia: As if! Mines an original Noble Phantasm rather than a Traced clone, so don't put me in the same league as them.
Kha: Don't say that! That--

Sees fuming Alexandra and Hikki

Kha: (swallows hard)

Suffice to say, her "holier-than-thou" attitude classic of her caster-class gives Kha Chrono-sized headaches sometimes...
If this keeps up, the TSAB will end up destroying themselves before the bad guys do

And now I'm wondering what Archer and Shiro would think if they knew...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Yeah Kha spots, the directors turn the Key, and CC fires. She's one of the 3 AI aboard the legendary Silvana, the others being Ship Navigator Minerva and her "daughter" Chacha. Together they have played a major role in tending to Kha's wounds during the AlternateS arc, helped Sakura settle in after her hasty rebirth, and were the life of the ship during their darkest times. Kha treats them like family.

Sakura, for one, finds Chacha the annoying little sister...
... suddenly I demand a full profile on Chacha...

And more of their interaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
@Moe debate: MOEGATON!!! ROFL!!! That has just been saved in my dictionary. Man I couldn't resist. I'm posting first, now to work on my "surprise".
It's not gonna be much of a surprise if you're going to warn use beforehand I'm hyped though

Old 2007-06-02, 10:28   Link #853
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
If this keeps up, the TSAB will end up destroying themselves before the bad guys do

Saga's Drei mode is technically a disposable variant of UBW as well... And since Null is shaped like a Keyblade...

Keybladers/Archer/Shirou : YOU THIEVING BASTARDS!!!

TSAB : We're detecting a heavy dimensional rip in time-space from 2 spatial coordinates!

*runs away*

And yeah, Saga's alive in StrikerS...though personally, he doesn't want to meet Hayate and Rein. Why? It's a secret, though it's not hard to figure out if you look at the "history" of my characters...

And I'm very afraid at a prospect of a time-space version of C.C... Spoilers indicate that C.C in CG is maybe even the secret manipulator of history lololol.

Nanoha-verse C.C : The immortal who controls all of time-space since time immemorial?

Maybe once I'm done with Saga, I'll do a OF (( original faction )) composed of 4 Old Belka Meisters who are a private secret intervention force of dimensional wars.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-06-02, 10:37   Link #854
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
Well, I wasn't sure myself which rank should Serge get [...]
You know, I think we should make clear in the profiles if the rank letter we give to our characters is a military rank or an estimate of their ability. Yours is an estimate of his magical prowess and ability, and as Kha has pointed out, his abilities are that of a SS rank mage or better.

Quote:
On another topic: was the way the pain-sharing loli imbues her victims with limiters revealed yet? is it pure psionics or there's some material manifestation?

Overall how will the heroes overcome psionic attacks? In Nanoha there were no such occasions as far as I remember, so what should be taken as the basis?
My first idea of a counter to such attacks would be some kind of Field-type defensive spell. I'm not sure how this type of attacks "deal" the damage, though. (Sound waves, maybe?)
Old 2007-06-02, 10:39   Link #855
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

Konbanwa minna-san (Good evening everyone)

Wow, very interesting this place is. Trying to read all the post from the beginning is "difficult". I gotta say, everyone's character's are so interesting and powerful. Is it ok for me to post mine once i'm done with him?

Btw this is my first time getting involved in something like this. Please correct me if I make mistakes.
Old 2007-06-02, 10:42   Link #856
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post

Wow, very interesting this place is. Trying to read all the post from the beginning is "difficult". I gotta say, everyone's character's are so interesting and powerful. Is it ok for me to post mine once i'm done with him?

Btw this is my first time getting involved in something like this. Please correct me if I make mistakes.
Yep, this is an incredibly active thread, thankfully most of the character profiles have been neatly compiled by Erio, so if you wish to check on a particular character at least it's easy to find. Trying to keep up with what the rest of us are talking about is another matter entirely.

And that's what this thread is for is it not? Of course you can, why not?

Old 2007-06-02, 10:49   Link #857
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Just reading up the characters aren't hard...actually, the combined Bluecheesium force is pretty hard on the eyes and the running clock, so who knows.

But the list itself isn't perfect as a lot of random character trivia interaction tidbits and stuff aren't listed in the compilation, so it may be weird to suddenly see various forms of discussions that seem way ahead of what's written.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-06-02, 10:49   Link #858
Aaron008R

Quote:

Irrashai! New member.

And please, you don't need our permission for posting anywhere in here.
And we'll be glad to help out in case you hit some problems with your character.

@Fuyu: Finally completed! You sure weren't kidding when you said that you'd go hard with the details. Nice work!

@Saint X: An extremely powerful battleship AI character... Awesome.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-06-02, 10:50   Link #859
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

Oh thank you. I'm already getting lost after reading through 33 pages worth of posts.
Old 2007-06-02, 10:53   Link #860
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Oh thank you. I'm already getting lost after reading through 33 pages worth of posts.
You have 10 more pages to read up on then young padawan. Try not to get intimidated by the posts, and just post whenever you feel like it

Closed Thread