ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 124:
Old 2012-03-30, 23:55   Link #4402
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Spoiler for ep 124:
Unfortunately, that will have to hold since we are getting fillers starting next week.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 23:56   Link #4403
Eragon
Still Alive

Its really surprising how Fairy Tail pulls off the emotional scenes so beautifully and yet maintains its premise as an ecchi, shounen anime
A very good way to end the arc as, seeing next episode's preview it seems fillers are starting.
Old 2012-03-31, 01:49   Link #4404
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I never expect it when Fairy Tail makes me tear up - it hits like a sucker punch. Lucy got me this week, for sure.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 05:05   Link #4405
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

When i first read the chapter on the manga i thought the scene w/ Lucy & her Dad was something sad but not so emotional.

Gotta really hand it to the Anime. I guess the music and the animation made it truly.. tragically epic.

Was looking forward to Erza+Mirajane+Makarov raping everyone at Twilight Ogre I think they really covered the 7 year gap well. Its just like Fairy Tail to celebrate and move on but the time lost had its impact and well. Things change. Kinda sad but life goes on.

WHAT THE FREAKING BBQ LYON ;X
Old 2012-03-31, 10:35   Link #4406
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Good adaptation of the manga. FT really does a good job on the anime front, translating off the manga and making it better in the process. FT continues to show that, while it might be shonen, it isn't tied down specifically to that. It isn't afraid to branch out into other areas, which makes it more of an all-inclusive story, rather than one-dimensional. I really appreciate this aspect of it, how it can really tug at your heart strings when it needs to.

The Kinana stuff is new, and I kinda hoped/expected more about her would be revealed. From what I recall, I think part of the filler is going to be about her story, so looking forward to it. I'd also like to see some stories and/or backstory for Maki/Laki.

So, a magical ball next, with dancing as the first filler ep? Could be interesting. Who dances with whom? Will they hint at any shipping angles? Or play it fully for humor? I expect mostly humor, but it will be interesting.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 10:51   Link #4407
ookamigirl

Fairy Tail sure became more livelier since they came back!
Juvia in a love triangle LOL
Poor Lucy with her money problems... not just her, but the whole Fairy Tail...
The whole thing about Lucy's dad was really sad.
Makarov's revenge on the racketeering guild was just awesome! ^^
Great episode!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 11:32   Link #4408
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Really good ep but it felt so SHORT! Like the last episode, they covered a lot of info really quick. I wish they could have expanded a bit more on certain areas, namely the utter pwning of Twilight at Erza's, Makarov's, and Mira's hands, or a smige more on Lucy's sadness before completely destroying the mood when Natsu and Happy bug-eyed the Landlady in Lucy's old clothes.

I think the Lucy scene had much more impact because you could actually hear what was essentially Jude's last words to his daughter in that letter. His harsh tone of voice was gone and in it's place was a man who despite his worry, was very proud and held onto faith that he could one day see his only daughter again. ...just one more month...
Old 2012-03-31, 11:48   Link #4409
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Damn you Fairy Tail, stop the sadness! Never once thought I'd feel that bad about that guy having died.

Wow that was pretty sad. You could just feel the gut punch when they told Lucy her father was dead. I just couldn't believe that guy just passed away that close to Lucy's return. Just hits you that they will never get the chance to meet again. Even though their relationship had improved so much....

The letter really was a killing blow to holding back any tears. Agree that you got to hear that softer tone and really the voice of someone who really had become Lucy's father at long last. Just continuing to send presents every year with the belief that Lucy would return someday. You just knew the tears would come from Lucy soon and just everything in that scene brought it out. Once again showing why the anime is so good. The music, voices, and visuals just come together.

There was some comparatively light stuff like Makarov, Erza, and Mirajane unleashing terror upon Twilight Ogre. They spent way too much time bullying those who were left behind and it was time for them to pay.

A lot of questions left to be answered. What happened to Jellal? What have Ultear and Meldy been up to? Did they make a trip to Lyon because he was also Ul's apprentice? Of course the biggest question is what Zeref is up to. 7 years and the world seemingly hasn't ended yet.
Old 2012-03-31, 13:05   Link #4410
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Zeref was probably sight-seeing...

Oh, and how many people caught Ever's reaction to Elfman oggling Sherry-san? Well, as close to oggling as he'd get? I said it before when we saw the two versus Rustyrose but I really like their couple dynamic - it's pretty much opposite of the other but it WORKS. I'd love to see these two take up a job...bound to be hilarious.
Old 2012-03-31, 20:38   Link #4411
kitten320

So we have fillers next week?
Well I don't mind as long as they are good and better than that random one with dragon robots.
Old 2012-03-31, 20:41   Link #4412
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
So, a magical ball next, with dancing as the first filler ep? Could be interesting. Who dances with whom? Will they hint at any shipping angles? Or play it fully for humor? I expect mostly humor, but it will be interesting.
Well, judging by the episode summary the guide up at http://anime.webnt.jp/programs/view/87 has up:

Spoiler for Next episode preview summary and speculation:
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 05:30   Link #4413
Crontica

WHY DO YOU MAKE ME CRY LIKE THIS FAIRY TAIL!

DAMMNIT! That marriage love triangle came out of nowhere WAIT THERE IS ROMANCE IN MY SHOUNEN? IMPOSSIBIRU! THE BLIZZARD IS COMING!
Old 2012-04-02, 22:07   Link #4414
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Caught up with the last 2 eps and first thing first, is something is off with with Bisca and I'm inclined to point towards her bangs, dunno if it's just me but I thought they looked different in the manga like she didn't have them cut so straight.
I know this is a minor niggle but it gets to me, not annoys or anything like that cause she's still hot but just gets to me in some way.

Next is Lucy and her father bit, I wasn't expecting it but I'm the same as xKeir, it was sad in the manga but didn't quite feel so emotional but the anime totally got to me.
This would be one of them times when anime really comes into it's own.

So looks like some filler to come, looks like fun and don't have to really doubt it either as FT has delivered pretty good filler so far.
Old 2012-04-03, 06:43   Link #4415
ShiroiRyu

Hey hey hey !
Did someone see Evergreen was irrited when Elfman looked at Sheery ?

Spoiler for Picture:

Last edited by ShiroiRyu; 2012-04-03 at 08:07.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 07:02   Link #4416
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiroiryu View Post
hey hey hey !
Did someone see evergreen was irrited when elfman looked at sheery ? :d
:d:d:d:d:d couple match up detected.
Old 2012-04-03, 11:41   Link #4417
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I can't fault Elfman for that - Sherry is hawt but its definitely cool to see Ever reacting like that.
Old 2012-04-03, 11:48   Link #4418
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
I can't fault Elfman for that - Sherry is hawt but its definitely cool to see Ever reacting like that.
It's the magic of underboob, it will capture all men's hearts and as we know Elfman is all about being manly
That was a rather amusing scene, didn't expect it but thats what I love about the anime here, it expands without feeling outta place.
Old 2012-04-03, 18:51   Link #4419
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Next weeks filler looks like it'll be fun.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 19:10   Link #4420
chaos_animagic

So sad for Lucy T_T

She didn't get to see her father for 7 years.. not to mention attend his funeral...

And to think her father have changed to become one of the best father there is....
Spoiler for .:

Also... Underboob... you just can't resist it, it's like... almost impossible, LOL.
Manly Man always do what MEN do. (in this case, stare at boobies)
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen