AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-04-06, 12:02   Link #461
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

It looks like quite the serious title, and the synopsis reminds me of the famous movie "The Shawshank Redemption".

However, this topic is mainly dedicated to the research of other romance titles that could entertain me. I still thank you for the suggestion, i'll save that title for when i feel like swimming in 26 episodes of prison.

Now going for episode 15 of breastmilk
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 14:10   Link #462
Elegance

Sankarea recently came out. Its gonna be a romance between a "zombie" and person. When u think zombie u think gore, right? this isn't the case here but instead its more like "reborn" The person who is a zombie wants to be reborn into a different kind of person. I think you will enjoy this series.

Also Fate/Zero Season 2 will be coming out as well
Elegance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 14:21   Link #463
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegance View Post
Sankarea recently came out. Its gonna be a romance between a "zombie" and person. When u think zombie u think gore, right? this isn't the case here but instead its more like "reborn" The person who is a zombie wants to be reborn into a different kind of person. I think you will enjoy this series.

Also Fate/Zero Season 2 will be coming out as well
Classified said that he will watch these titles only after they finish airing. Both have 12 episodes. About Sankarea, despite having zombie as central theme, there's only a bit of gore, since it's mostly a romantic comedy and there's not enough action in it.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 19:15   Link #464
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Dropped seikon no qwaser at ep20: seriously, this anime is just boobs boobs boobs, and no matter how much i like them, there is a limit to anything. It has come to the point that seeing boobs has become such a normal thing. This feels awkward.

I'll start something totally different like Monster in order to regain some sanity.
Old 2012-04-06, 19:18   Link #465
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
Dropped seikon no qwaser at ep20: seriously, this anime is just boobs boobs boobs, and no matter how much i like them, there is a limit to anything. It has come to the point that seeing boobs has become such a normal thing. This feels awkward.

I'll start something totally different like Monster in order to regain some sanity.
I seriously LOL at your sentence

Right, how about Chobits? I am pretty sure that Chii will turn you on. And also, Tonagura. MC has the queer habit of touching *($&*&$* parts. And REC, if you want to watch development between the hero and the heroine(but the character design might not appeal to you. You can check it out yourself). These two people definitely go beyond kissing, cause
Spoiler:

It's too bad that you dislike mecha, because Vandread's heroines have got boobs that are definitely to your liking, and the MC never gives up the chance to act like a man(but he is rather short, so.....Again, check it out yourself).

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help

Last edited by MUAHAHAHAHAHA; 2012-04-06 at 20:01.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 21:12   Link #466
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Good choice! The closest thing to boobs in Monster is that lovely dress Nina wears when she goes to meet Baby.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 10:59   Link #467
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Dropping Monster. Reasons? I had planned on watching Durarara (which i had forgot), and i just cannot wait to finish monster, because it's hell long (74 eps, what the hell). Also, i gotta say that i don't like that kind of scenario (Something like post II WW, settled in Germany), but i still found myself comfortable with it: i got the idea of the anime, and i think i could like it, but it's just too long. I'll keep this title for laaaater on. Btw, i think this title should have been a TV series, and not an anime. I think it's just wasted, if you get what i mean.

Now starting Durarara
Old 2012-04-07, 11:13   Link #468
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
LOL. I'm surprised you held out this long I gave up after they showed the yuri incest at episode 13 I think.

Have you seen Fate/Stay Night? If you haven't then do give it a try.
Old 2012-04-07, 11:25   Link #469
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
LOL. I'm surprised you held out this long I gave up after they showed the yuri incest at episode 13 I think.

Have you seen Fate/Stay Night? If you haven't then do give it a try.
The yuri incest moment you are talking is seen in episode 11, not episode 13 (the hot spring episode). I just hope Classified can see the kissing scene between Sasha and Mafuyu in the final episode (24).

As far as Fate/Stay Night goes, he already seen it entirely, despite the fact that he hated the ending.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-07, 12:12   Link #470
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Thanks for spoilering me the final scene; now i'm even less motivated to pick it up again ^,^

Anyways, i've already watched Fate/zero and Fate/stay night, and waiting for the 2nd season of F/Z. Currently enjoying Durarara
Old 2012-04-07, 12:55   Link #471
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

Hey classified I just wanted to let you know that Rainbow does have romance in it probably at the level of welcome to nhk,steins gate etc with a kiss scene. the whole story also doesn’t just take place inside of prison.. I think the characters here were great very believable I even liked the antagonists for being so evil, cruel, heartless bastards. looking for badass characters this anime has it. Very underrated anime if you ask me.
Old 2012-04-07, 13:44   Link #472
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I just want you to go back to Clannad, as I said in my few previous posts. Since it's loved by a lot of people and has a lot of great moments (especially in After Story), you should love this one, even though it feels slow and boring to you. Something unexpected (special) with lot of twists didn't happen until the second half of After Story. Also, as someone else said, the romance seriously surpasses every other titles of the same genre because it works wonderfully and it might even be part of your top 5. Also, Nagisa became more mature and less childish at the end of season 1 (yes I'm not kidding). I highly recommend this one for reasons I written.

EDIT : I forgot to mention Dream Eater Merry : the 2011 13-episode supernatural romance TV anime is focused on Yumeji, a boy who have lots of dreams but also suffers nightmares since his childhood because of a mysterious "aura" sealed in him. One day, whil he's leaving school, he gets attacked by a monster coming from a nightmare world. Fortunately, he is saved by Merry, the girl from the world of dreams. The first few episodes are a bit cliché, but when the story hits a sudden turn of events, it gets awesome that it makes you hook until the end. The ending is a bit different from other animes, so you don't expect too much (and take care the ending for yourself too ! ). Also, the fight scenes looks good, and it even looks similar to C3 -Cube X Cursed X Curious- but without the gore and also a bit more of romance.
MyAnimeList

Last edited by MisaoFan; 2012-04-07 at 14:20.
Old 2012-04-07, 17:32   Link #473
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Finished episode 12 of Durarara and i'm really enjoying it: i like how every character gets some screen and gets developed, i like how the story is twisted and interesting, and i'm enjoying that wicked romance.

Actually, i wouldn't like such title, but i'm exactly in the mood for something like this, beside that 2 characters of Baccano made their appearance here aswell (I really didn't expect that Isaac would have appeared: is Durarara of the same author of Baccano?). I also usually don't like the 3rd person story, but once again, i caught this anime when i was in the perfect mood for it.

As far as characters go, so far, Celty was surely the most interesting piece; the "romance" with the doctor is indeed weird and twisted, but i felt like it was "sweet" to some extent (even tho i can't figure out how i could consider a romance sweet between a mad doctor and an headless woman), followed by that mad mind of Izaya (currently my favorite, for being similar to Light from DN and Mahou from G-senjou no Mahou). Also, Kida is voiced by Mamoru Miyano, the same VA of Okabe, Light and Zero: seriously, i couldn't want more. Shizuo reminds me of Sanji, and is hell funny; his background story was also hilarious (I expected that his habit of being violent came from some trauma and that he had some serious background, but he was just mad haha) and always makes me laugh when throwing stuff around. Mikado is formally the protagonist, even tho everyone gets some screen. He's bored like me and wants some change, so he's ok.

So far i'm really liking it, even more than Baccano (probably because it's settled in 20xx and the characters are around 15 - 25 age, and the story is way more easy to follow, instead of having 3 different timelins). Thank you for suggesting me this title, now burning the remaining 12 episodes.
Old 2012-04-07, 20:26   Link #474
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

no problem dude.what are you planning to watch after you finished durarara?
Old 2012-04-08, 03:57   Link #475
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolido17 View Post
no problem dude.what are you planning to watch after you finished durarara?
After Durarara!!, I really want Classified to watch the two titles I mentionned, but before watching he must read my reviews.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-08, 06:01   Link #476
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

From what i currently have in my hands, the "To watch list" currently is (In random order):
Chobits
Rec
Denpa teki na kanojo
Nodame cantabile
H2O footprints in the sand
Kenkou zenrakei suieibu umisho
Kono aozora ni yakusoku wo
The sacred blacksmith
Eden of the east

I think the next will be Eden of the east. I'll eventually pick up breastmilk again when i no longer am bothered by it. In the meanwhile i'll get Dream Eater Merry (i read the synopsis on bakabt, and i hope it doesn't focus on cats because well, you know... i hate cats; beside that, from the looks it should be totally ok, so thank you for the suggestion, i'll probably watch it tonight after Eden of the East, if i manage to).

As far as Clannad goes, i barely remember the episodes i watched, and that means i should rewatch them, and i cba. I'll keep that in mind tho, and eventually pick up it in a remote future.
Old 2012-04-08, 06:37   Link #477
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Chobits was suggested to you long ago. At that time, you turned it down coz the girl has cat-like ears on her head (even though they’re not). The girl herself is an android who is (kinda) searching for a true love, but the main protag is still the guy. Now that you’re more open to titles, I hope you can enjoy Chobits. It’s a fine romance. The pace is a little laid-back. So, you may want to watch it when you’re not in a hurry.
Old 2012-04-08, 07:42   Link #478
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

Seems like you don’t have Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora or Natsuiro no Sunadokei are you not going to watch those anymore?I got another title for you it’s called black lagoon though it’s more action than anything else there are scenes that makes you think there is something going on between the two main characters behind closed doors. It’s a fun title and it’s targeted for males 18 and up.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/889/Black_Lagoon
Old 2012-04-08, 09:43   Link #479
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Finished watching Durarara and i really liked it, but once again, this was only because i was in the perfect mood for it. I wouldn't have liked it at another time. Anyways, i found the first half way more interesting, but it was probably because of the characters involved in that first half. The second half could have been considered interesting aswell, but it's just that i don't approve gangs in general, let alone gangs fights. I could make an endless list of bad points about gangs, but i'll refrain from doing so.

I'll now start Eden of the East. As far as other titles go:

Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora: As stated in the first post, i don't like this kind of depressing stuff, settled in a hospital and filled with tragedy. I just hate it, and not because i'm too emotional when it comes to this, but because my anger piles up since i hate pity and cannot feel it at all, and if i try to lower my "defenses", then it's going to be depressing, so not going to watch it.

Natsuiro no Sunadokei : The plot reminds me of "The girl who leapt thro time" so i'll give it a go
Old 2012-04-08, 09:54   Link #480
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora: As stated in the first post, i don't like this kind of depressing stuff, settled in a hospital and filled with tragedy. I just hate it, and not because i'm too emotional when it comes to this, but because my anger piles up since i hate pity and cannot feel it at all, and if i try to lower my "defenses", then it's going to be depressing, so not going to watch it.
Despite the depressing setting, the show itself isn't depressing and has some funny comedy moments. The drama itself (i'm not joking) isn't depressing unlike you said and it's loved by most people as non-depressing romantic drama. It ends with a happy ending. I wonder if Obelisk or Undertaker can explain it.
MyAnimeList

Last edited by MisaoFan; 2012-04-08 at 10:10.