Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-11-11, 11:36   Link #341
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Educational Show Visits "Attack on Titan" Town

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-12-08, 21:52   Link #342
Hunter3183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Their technology in their arsenals are severely lacking for their needs for an effective combat performance.

Need a better quality blades. Need mortars. Need flamethrowers. grenades and Molotovs. And also Gatling-type cannons or machine guns.

And how about the Glaive Thrower?

Besides, by looking at the trademark 3DMG, do I get the impression that the author could be a fan of Tribes universe?

Due to the research the humans done with the titans, the titans only have one weak spot and can regenerate if the nape of the neck is not cut off so nothing would be effective except for swords or something i can't think of right now.
Hunter3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-15, 21:12   Link #343
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Their technology in their arsenals are severely lacking for their needs for an effective combat performance.

Need a better quality blades. Need mortars. Need flamethrowers. grenades and Molotovs. And also Gatling-type cannons or machine guns.
The blades they're currently using are the best quality stuff they can manage. It's just that titan flesh is actually pretty damn tough. The fact they can consistently cut deep into Titan Flesh should be evidence of that.

As for the other things you mentioned...most of those things don't sound like they'd be particularly effective. Since mortars fire in an arc, you can't use them for direct fire on Titans. Meaning no chance of making an aimed shot at the neck, or peppering them with enough grape shot to slow them down. And I'm not sure fire would burn Titan flesh fast enough to offset the regeneration.

As for machine guns/gatlings...I guess being able to put a continuous stream of fire on a Titan's face to disorient them might be useful, but I'm not sure it'd be that much more effective than cannons in the grand scheme of things.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 03:11   Link #344
Mugoi Tenbatsu

It's simple, we shoot giant slabs of sunscreen from the cannons onto the titans so they can't absorb any forms of light.... then we wait and strike when they slow down.
Old 2014-04-05, 16:26   Link #345
peskylemur25

Dont worry all will be answer in season 2.
peskylemur25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 05:10   Link #346
Lyssy!

I think i've come up with a legit weapon that can be used to kill any of the shifters with ease, and can be created with the SNK's current level of tech. It's super simple and super hot: a long-barreled cannon (~3 meters) with a big caliber (200 mm FTW), firing sabot long-rod penetrators. The diameter combined with a sabot will allow for transferring the energy of huge load of gunpowder to the projectile, while the long barrel will increase the time given transfer it. This will result in huge muzzle velocity (compared to the cannonballs, duh) combined with great cross-sectional density and, possibly, better aerodynamic qualities, resulting quite a high pressure. Surely enough to bust the armored titan's shell, IMHO, and incapacitate the person inside, even when shot facing him, not from behind the titan's back. If creating a delayed fuse is possible, then it could also be stuffed with explosives, so that it could be rammed into a normal titans neck and then detonated when it reaches it's nape. So yeah, an easily made and highly effective weapon for a frontal assault, at least against the transforming lot.
Lyssy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-17, 17:51   Link #347
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyssy! View Post
I think i've come up with a legit weapon that can be used to kill any of the shifters with ease, and can be created with the SNK's current level of tech. It's super simple and super hot: a long-barreled cannon (~3 meters) with a big caliber (200 mm FTW), firing sabot long-rod penetrators. The diameter combined with a sabot will allow for transferring the energy of huge load of gunpowder to the projectile, while the long barrel will increase the time given transfer it. This will result in huge muzzle velocity (compared to the cannonballs, duh) combined with great cross-sectional density and, possibly, better aerodynamic qualities, resulting quite a high pressure. Surely enough to bust the armored titan's shell, IMHO, and incapacitate the person inside, even when shot facing him, not from behind the titan's back. If creating a delayed fuse is possible, then it could also be stuffed with explosives, so that it could be rammed into a normal titans neck and then detonated when it reaches it's nape. So yeah, an easily made and highly effective weapon for a frontal assault, at least against the transforming lot.
If this story was designed to happen in a near future, I guess depleted uranium would have been useful too for better penetration. That would probably look like an oversized version of the 120mm M829 APFSDS shell.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-24, 08:00   Link #348
cherry_b

I have a question, just re-watching the anime now. And what has always confused me is why do people live outside of wall maria before it was destroyed?. Or why do people live outside of the walls in general?.

If it was me I'd be in wall sina, I just never understood that concept why would you want to be living where the titans can eat you?.
cherry_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-27, 05:12   Link #349
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

What are you talking about? People didn't live outside of Wall Maria. Officially.

And living within Sina was a privilege granted to few. (Even the refugees from Wall Maria made Wall Rose feel the pinch. There just aren't enough resources.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-20, 17:52   Link #350
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

Hi there, I'm new in this sub-forum, nice to meet you all.

If we go with current, real-world weapons scale, I think an automatic sniper rifle/ machine gun with armor-piercing rounds (something like the good ol' Browning M2 with .50 BMG) will be adequate for regular Titans. Also, RPG-7s is too a good choice (Hange is seen carrying this in the LA version, I don't know the effectiveness of it in-universe since I haven't seen the film).

As for better blades, unless they have something like energy swords, they'll just stick with the current-issue swords (well, is it just me or that the blades are larger versions of office paper-cutting knives? no wonder they are sharp, but expendable, explaining the logic of carrying multiple sword blades at once).