Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-08-05, 11:51   Link #9641
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I don't see how anyone but Seo would know that. Unless the scanlators completely omitted this information, what I would consider very VERY unlikely.

The main problem with Haruto is that he is a binary emotional retard. Seriously, he is. Either he happens to be focused (better: fixated) on someone, then he'll be dedicated and reliable. Or he isn't, then he is completely unable to pick up the most ominous signs and is just terrible in maintaining relationships, and once disaster strikes, he is too stupid to properly react to it without outside help. Then he'd rather lament and whine about things to outsiders instead of figuring out what the problem is and fixing it with his partner. What makes things particularly grating is that he usually isn't unfaithful or rude/abusive, so fixing things would be fairly simple. He just doesn't "get" it. Emotional retardation of the saddest kind.
You're right on all points and you manage to find all the reasons suggested the emotional Yuzuki would explode. I only picked up 4 of them well that may be due I haven't read the recent chapter. Overall, I wouldn't go as far as say emotional retardation, but more like a guy who can't pick up subtle things with his girlfriend.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 11:52   Link #9642
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
@Bonta: Then please tell me where was it hinted at that Yuzuki has been building up frustration, that there was a serious problem in their relationship before Haruto made that mistake? People were praising KNIM for it's carefree slice of life tone it had lately but now suddenly there are some that are like " now that you mention it, this all makes sense."

Simple question: Was there ANY sodding foreshadowing that Yuzuki would act like that, EVER? NO, there freaking wasn't. That's my simple complaint.
That depends on how one views manga, some like to have alot of things spelled out for them, other's just use their imagination to fill in the gaps.
Thing is, things just suddenly happen in anime and manga just for the sake of it, it's something I've learned to just roll with.
I wasn't saying this was a serious problem but simply a problem which it's fine as it is.
With what this series is and all I don't expect this problem to go off the deep end and explode into something it doesn't need to be but then again this is Seo here.
As you mentioned the comical nature of some panels makes this problem seem daft really.
However Yuzuki has always been one to hide things, she's done it before and I see no reason for her to be hiding something like frustration either.
In a way just like in RL people will explode without notice, even over small daft things.
I don't need foreshadowing to happen to make something believable and personally kinda wish we had less of it in manga and anime as sadly it almost always gives away too much.
Whether or not it's bad writing with out it I don't care, as long as it's interesting things don't really need to make alot of sense.
Old 2012-08-05, 11:56   Link #9643
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

There were subtle things that would indicate Yuzuki would explode sooner or later, sooner just happen. Being able to notice the subtle things in your partner's behavior is like instinct, you got to learn to be aware of it. Reserved people like myself can see these things clearly and it also heightens when you been with a girlfriend as long as I have which is 6 years.
Old 2012-08-05, 12:20   Link #9644
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

How in the holy frozen hell can he even begin to fix the situation if she goes missing for days and cuts off all communication with him? He fcked up, he needs to fix the mess he made...but if he doesn't know where she is and she doesn't listen/talk to him then there is no way for him to fix the problem. Hell, she keeps pulling this shit and most guys would just give up "She clearly doesn't want it fixed and won't let me either so why should I even bother?"
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 12:31   Link #9645
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Technically speaking women do these things to see what the other partner will do. Sure Yuzuki cut off connections from him, but there are other ways to contact her. He could have met up with Yuzuki's club and most club members tend to have each other phone numbers. He could have ask them to call her on his behalf or went to Yuzuki's parents to get in contact with her which no doubt will get her attention. It is not really hard to get in contact with her if you pay attentions to her contacts and people she hangs around with. Haruto should have fix the problem when it first erupted, he should have went after her but let it go which is really stupid. Gives off an impression it is not a big deal.
Old 2012-08-05, 14:30   Link #9646
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Ummm Reaper...
Lets think about this.

Imagine u had a significant other, in which, your sibling wanted to date, your best friend wanted to date, your neighbor even wants to date, and almost every last girl u knew wanted to date.

So now do you honestly pull a break up like move when you know one of the people on top will obviously comfort, and then try to rebound, and then secure?
Or wait.. is that notion not flowing though eba's mind?
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 14:40   Link #9647
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Every women's mind are different. Yuzuki know that Haruto wouldn't betray her despite the fight, so she is not worried about the other women. She just want Haruto to pay attention to her and not take her for granted.
Old 2012-08-05, 14:51   Link #9648
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
not take her for granted.
Which he doesn't.
Old 2012-08-05, 15:33   Link #9649
cyberdemon

Quote:
Every women's mind are different. Yuzuki know that Haruto wouldn't betray her despite the fight, so she is not worried about the other women. She just want Haruto to pay attention to her and not take her for granted.
she probably wants him to get over his idealized version of her and finally take her to bed. Acting like this may make him finally look at her as more than just his girlfriend and finally take the next step. Not being able to be with her may make him only desire to have her with him more.
Old 2012-08-05, 15:35   Link #9650
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
she probably wants him to get over his idealized version of her and finally take her to bed. Acting like this may make him finally look at her as more than just his girlfriend and finally take the next step.
We're talking about Yuzuki here...a girl with the same level of knowledge about sex as a preschooler...
Old 2012-08-05, 15:39   Link #9651
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
We're talking about Yuzuki here...a girl with the same level of knowledge about sex as a preschooler...
Even so, she has shown a desire to be intimate with Haruto. She even gave him permission but he chickened out.
Old 2012-08-05, 15:43   Link #9652
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Even so, she has shown a desire to be intimate with Haruto. She even gave him permission but he chickened out.
Yea but I doubt this is her plan...Yuzuki just doesn't seem the type (to me) to come up with a plan like this for something like that. I just think she's throwing a tantrum because she's man and...that's about it.
Old 2012-08-05, 15:46   Link #9653
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Well I'd give her the benefit of the doubt in that she may not be hugely knowledgeable about it all but she knows what she wants and she wants it.
A request I really do wonder why in the hell Haruto hasn't fulfilled yet.
Plus she doesn't have to be a sex-know-it-all to want to make love to her partner, it's all part of the experience in learning about it(however not something to blindly jump into, like in Seo's other work)

Problem with Seo is he can hit the bulleyes with RL SoL rather spot on but then suddenly be way off target the next. Something you just kinda have to gloss over and not think too hard about really.
Old 2012-08-05, 16:18   Link #9654
Xaturas

Quote:
And that's why she is a bitch. Dude went to other town for her, cooked for her BF when she pretentiously flocked around him. Then got together with other girl and broke up with her, for her (Dunno about this part as I stopped reading KNIM around Asuka point) just so he could be with Eba.
Yet all she can do is bitch about him having some fun. Jesus I've read this chapter just to see wtf was the commotion about, and really. She knows that Haruto is dumb more or less, and girls flock around him like bears near a shack full of honey, but come on.
I have yet to see info about or even read the chapter, where she went full retard Suzuka mode, but really Seo.
Thats why I stopped reading Suzuka before its end and why I kinda stopped reading KNIM. In both mangas main characters are masochists who plants on the ground in front of their ladies of dreams, while those ice/drama queens do whatever they wants.

Thats why KNIM for me stopped around Asuka or whatshernameanyway part. After that I can easily headcannon him being with any other girl than Eba. Frankly I don't miss much as the newest chapters are all about fanservice and stupid stuff.

Quote:
she probably wants him to get over his idealized version of her and finally take her to bed. Acting like this may make him finally look at her as more than just his girlfriend and finally take the next step. Not being able to be with her may make him only desire to have her with him more.
If she is so damn concerned then she should just toss him on the bed, put the rubber on (Suzuka lolz word laws in effect here) and just do him. Rather than waiting for the rain to fall. Women nowadays know what they want, she wants a bone? She asks for it or even take it herself. No matter how shy she is, when she pass the no return point of arousal with her man, she will jump his bones and feast like an animal.
Old 2012-08-05, 17:30   Link #9655
Mentar
Banned

[Taking Yuzuki for granted]

Quote:
Which he doesn't.
Which he just totally did. And which he didn't properly apologize for (instead, he excarbated the problem with a boneheaded message), even though it more than warranted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
And that's why she is a bitch. Dude went to other town for her, cooked for her BF when she pretentiously flocked around him. Then got together with other girl and broke up with her, for her (Dunno about this part as I stopped reading KNIM around Asuka point) just so he could be with Eba.
Your point being?

Quote:
Yet all she can do is bitch about him having some fun. Jesus I've read this chapter just to see wtf was the commotion about, and really.
In other words, you're clueless about what led up to this and rather only let loose with your Eba love half-cocked. Gee, thanks for your insights.

Quote:
I have yet to see info about or even read the chapter, where she went full retard Suzuka mode, but really Seo.
I rest my case.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 17:40   Link #9656
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Which he just totally did. And which he didn't properly apologize for (instead, he excarbated the problem with a boneheaded message), even though it more than warranted.
He didn't take her for granted...he had a momentary lapse of judgement (a stupid and bad one but still)...that is NOT taking her for granted, that was the excitement getting the better of him for a moment. Let's not forget that, while it was a bad move on his part, we also have to think about what was going through his head at the time. I mean, the guy just recently realized what he truly wants to do for a living, finally found someone with the same interests and "dream" as him AND was invited to learn from someone that apparently is a big name around those parts in what he wants to do. It was bad but an understandable response from him, at least from an objective point of view...Yuzuki, of course forgot all this when she got pissed, which in a way is also understandable, when someone gets very mad, very quickly they forgot about these details...but she had 3 days to think about it and it looks like she doesn't even care.

So no...he hasn't taken her for granted yet, in fact if anything he's been too overzealous about her.
Old 2012-08-05, 18:00   Link #9657
Xaturas

Quote:
[Taking Yuzuki for granted]
Your point being?

In other words, you're clueless about what led up to this and rather only let loose with your Eba love half-cocked. Gee, thanks for your insights.

I rest my case.
Point being she's a bitch.

I've read the chapter where she went ice queen, and pieced together rest of facts like MC getting along with various girls and working on his dream. I didn't read the chapter after she left his house, which would be the newest chapter or a chapter yet to be scanlated.

I rest my case, she behaves like a dumb brick. He should hook up with someone else. The end.
Old 2012-08-05, 18:20   Link #9658
DarkRaven
GOD

yeah i agree if she keeps on bitching just like in this chapter .... DUMP HER MAN JUST LIKE SHE DID TO YOU DURING THE TOKYO ARC and go back to your hometown .. i hear there's a hot blondie named akari waiting for you lol
DarkRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 18:51   Link #9659
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

I don't get the taking for granted part either. Has Yuzuki been showing more affection and devotion than Haruto lately? Certainly not in my book, it's been rather equal.

By running away and probably expecting HIM to come back to her and apologize with a huge effort until she forgives him, also not in the slightest being afraid that he might break up or cheat on her, don't you think it is actually her that is taking him for granted as well?

@Xaturas:
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 19:21   Link #9660
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
He didn't take her for granted...he had a momentary lapse of judgement (a stupid and bad one but still)...that is NOT taking her for granted, that was the excitement getting the better of him for a moment. Let's not forget that, while it was a bad move on his part, we also have to think about what was going through his head at the time. I mean, the guy just recently realized what he truly wants to do for a living, finally found someone with the same interests and "dream" as him AND was invited to learn from someone that apparently is a big name around those parts in what he wants to do. It was bad but an understandable response from him, at least from an objective point of view...Yuzuki, of course forgot all this when she got pissed, which in a way is also understandable, when someone gets very mad, very quickly they forgot about these details...but she had 3 days to think about it and it looks like she doesn't even care.

So no...he hasn't taken her for granted yet, in fact if anything he's been too overzealous about her.
I think you may be mistaken on the "taking for granted" part.
It's not the mistake he made, that was a simple mistake.
It's the what comes after part, he was expecting Yuzuki to show up next day and let him say sorry and what, thinking this was all just one little mishap but that wasn't the case therefore "taking her for granted".
Also the follow up to this is, instead of telling her he was wrong, he's sorry and would like to see her and talk things over(the easy route for any man) he says what he said, something you really don't wanna say really(I won't say "shouldn't" as people have their ways but I guess either way you really don't want to message someone what Haruto did as an "apology">__<).
He did take her for granted in that whatever he said or done after the mistake would be ok but it wasn't.

Yuzuki maybe overreacting but that's how she's been since the start, she is spoiled and Haruto should really know that part of her. How he seemingly can't handle that part of her to some degree by now is abit puzzling but Haruto is a bumbling fool after all.

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life