AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-07-25, 02:19   Link #821
Watanuki-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jda95 View Post
OMG, where did you get them?
I sent them an email :O
Watanuki-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 06:29   Link #822
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Getting into Lucia's route: Ugh, a week ago I spent a couple hours repeating the common route to try to get Lucia as my first route. It seemed no matter what choices I picked, I could only get Kotori/Chihaya. I really wanted to play Lucia first, as getting to learn all the twists for the first time really spices up that route for me(At least for past VNs). I gave up and thought that I had to finish all the other routes first. I just finished all the other routes (Very impressed and very disapponted so far, opinions further down) and realized that her route doesn't get unlocked that way. (It's not locked from the start, DOH.) Seems a bit counterintuitive since she always gets listed last in all the character descriptions/galleries, oh well.

After finishing the 4 routes I spent an hour before giving in and reading the forums and searching the web (Possibly reading spoilers). I didnt' find any answers except that her route is available from the start. I still took awhile to get there.

For any fellow ahos having troubling getting into Lucia's route:

Spoiler for Common Route Choice:

Impressions so far: The latter half of the common route is a bit dull. I also hate that you pretty much get locked into a heroines route right after the "trial dates" end. Not to mention you don't have access to many of the characters at the start. I like the freedom of being able to spend time and choose the girl I like most. The first half of every heroine's route I have played through so far has been slow, however some of them ended up being real gems, particularily the suspense and action scenes were more exciting to read than anything I've seen in the Movie Theater or any Anime, I noticed the way visual novels put you into the main character's perspective really helps to heighten the experience. Compared to past Key Games, I must say that the comedy/drama/romance suffers but some of the routes have so far made up for that with great suspense and very cool action scenes.

Now to get detailed:
Spoiler for Major spoilers for all of the routes:

Ok, finally time for me to read about Lucia, my favorite character from the start! Hope you all have fun reading and you're all able to find a way to enjoy all the routes!
Ceral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 07:16   Link #823
Watanuki-kun

But first we need a translation ><
I'm so jealous of those who can read Japanese and enjoy the VN when it is out.
Old 2011-07-25, 07:27   Link #824
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Spoiler for rewrite:

It reminds me of a particular game by Yuzusoft I read years ago, and now that I recall that, it irks me even more.

But I guess that's Key: Refrain and the Birth Chapter did feature the same themes.
Old 2011-07-25, 07:30   Link #825
Jao
panchi~

Wow, looks like Akane's route is pretty much marmite.
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Jao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 07:31   Link #826
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
It reminds me of a particular game by Yuzusoft I read years ago, and now that I recall that, it irks me even more.
Natsuzora Kanata, with Chihaya's ending?
Old 2011-07-25, 07:34   Link #827
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jao View Post
Wow, looks like Akane's route is pretty much marmite.
Someone loves it? Who?
Old 2011-07-25, 07:41   Link #828
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Natsuzora Kanata, with Chihaya's ending?
Yeah, was that her name? The first heroine?
Spoiler for Natsuzo:

If so, then yeah, I just realized Rewrite features similar themes to her ending. (I speak of Moon>Terra)
Old 2011-07-25, 07:42   Link #829
Watanuki-kun

And I talked also with someone from Team fluffy (the team that translates Little Busters!) and she (I think it is a girl XD) said that she would love to translate Rewrite, she just need some translators and the ripped text of Rewrite ^_^
Old 2011-07-25, 07:43   Link #830
Jao
panchi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Someone loves it? Who?
A couple of people in the thread have thought it much better than Kotori's (Which also seems to be fairly divisive, though I've nearly finished and I'm enjoying the hell out of it.) Also Moogy.
Old 2011-07-25, 07:46   Link #831
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jao View Post
A couple of people in the thread have thought it much better than Kotori's (Which also seems to be fairly divisive, though I've nearly finished and I'm enjoying the hell out of it.) Also Moogy.
Glad to hear. I'm trying not to spoil myself, as I intend to play it someday... so I haven't been able to read all of the opinions.
Old 2011-07-25, 08:12   Link #832
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watanuki-kun View Post
But first we need a translation ><
I'm so jealous of those who can read Japanese and enjoy the VN when it is out.
Well, in my opinion, the translating's gonna be a bit difficult especially with certain word-plays and gags that appear throughout - though there are no hard kanjis to speak of, which I think can be detrimental to translation. (I'm looking at you, well-written but elaborate game from Lump of Sugar whose name escapes me) Common route with Kotori scenes are especially rife with this.

I speak from the perspective of translating these into English/whatever language, though I've never been a translator myself.
Old 2011-07-25, 08:23   Link #833
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Yeah, was that her name? The first heroine?
Spoiler for Natsuzo:

If so, then yeah, I just realized Rewrite features similar themes to her ending. (I speak of Moon>Terra)
Yup, that's her. The "reset" was indeed an issue that left me some sort of bad aftertaste, but the other ending is depressing as well, so basically the lesser evil.
Quote:
Well, in my opinion, the translating's gonna be a bit difficult especially with certain word-plays and gags that appear throughout - though there are no hard kanjis to speak of, which I think can be detrimental to translation.
I can't even figure how to translate "Mamono": using "demon" is just flat out wrong in many levels considering the themes and the various "mamono". And that's just one little example among many things, with a good chunk solely due to puns and sketchy references... so much with Kotori
Quote:
(I'm looking at you, well-written but elaborate game from Lump of Sugar whose name escapes me) Common route with Kotori scenes are especially rife with this.
Itsuka, Todoku, Ano Sora Ni ? This thing is a kanji hell
Old 2011-07-25, 08:24   Link #834
minhhuywiki
Minata Hatsune

You vote this game on Vndb, please xD: http://vndb.org/v751
minhhuywiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 08:32   Link #835
Balzac
Assistant Professor

I'd borrow from what the heroines called Pochi: "tsukaima" - familiar, though demon should suffice for English speakers. The methods used to create demons are kind of "demonic", in my opinion. In any case, it wouldn't matter for English speakers, them "demons" are mostly monsters anyway, and though demon might not be appropriate translation-wise, it should suffice for them to use as a category for the dinosaurs and leaf-birds and dragons and Killamanjaros and what-not.
Quote:
Itsuka, Todoku, Ano Sora Ni ? This thing is a kanji hell
No kidding, I didn't even finish the other two routes, "Goshujin-chan" was the only thing that kept me slogging on through. And even then, that ending was just so for me.
Old 2011-07-25, 21:31   Link #836
Jao
panchi~

Finished Kotori's route, was really great.

As has been mentioned, Chiwa Saito's voice acting is truly magnificent. Kotori's character was also surprisngly complex for a KEY main girl (Not that I dislike Ayu or Nagisa by any means).

Also
Spoiler for Climax of route:
Old 2011-07-25, 21:33   Link #837
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhhuywiki View Post
You vote this game on Vndb, please xD: http://vndb.org/v751
You can see a better vote scale on erogescape they have averages and median votes. I can see that an English speaking and Japanese speaking community has diverse tastes. If yo can't read the Japanese there you can get a good idea by google translations. If you want full out opinions well you have here ^-^

Quote:
Originally Posted by jda95 View Post
OMG, where did you get them?
I bought them in Japan . Mostly brand new at various stores. I bought a few each time I went since they are very heavy (carry on items!). Shipping to my city would be as much or more than the items. But as I'm sure Watanuki-kun sent you an email where to find them

Last edited by Leo_Otaku; 2011-07-25 at 22:12. Reason: nyan!
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 06:57   Link #838
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Anyone have favorite tracks yet? I anxiously await the time when they'll release the soundtrack and I can loop these gems without needing to open the game.

1. Journey (title screen music by our very own Maeda-san, the only track he composed for Rewrite. As the title screen music, it sort of latches on the ears to become very familiar, like Ushio)
2. Windflower (almost required of any Key game is a "main" heroine's music. in this case, Kotori's theme fits the bill well , and its usage in the epilogue cements its status as the "thematic" music just as "Nagisa" or "boys never cry")
3. Hinagiku (a certain someone's theme which appears all throughout Moon and Terra, it and its orgel version to a certain extent fit the game's themes the most in terms of the certain someone's place in the overall story)
4. Dis is a Pain (Who could ever forget you Yoshino... eternal rival. I almost always start smiling and chuckling when I hear it, because most of the time the track plays when Yoshino's sprite shows up)
5. Scattered Flowers (Sakuya's theme, though I didn't much care for the character nor Chihaya's route owing to the action, his theme is still easily one of the most powerful ones for me - and also one of the more emotion-inducing ones that are still used in other routes)
6. CANOE (though the overall game fell on the un-Key side, the ending theme still gave me the feeling of wrapping up, of concluding it all as one recalls the routes, the conflicts and the eventual resolution.)

Its good to know that in terms of music, Jun Maeda can leave Key in good hands. Not to say that his music defines Key, Orito certainly has gems too, but I've always cherished the tracks Maeda composed through time. (Nagisa, Natsukaze, and some others I can't name off the top of my head)

Last edited by Balzac; 2011-07-26 at 07:55.
Balzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 07:55   Link #839
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I can't even figure how to translate "Mamono": using "demon" is just flat out wrong in many levels considering the themes and the various "mamono".
Spoiler for mamono:

Quote:
Anyone have favorite tracks yet?
Me! Me! But I don't know where to find the tracks names, or the tracks themselves for that matter. Do you have to unlock some kind of music box by finishing the game or something? I could listen to the title song for hours, together with Kagari's theme (I don't know if that's her theme but... well, it basically plays every time she makes an appearance) and Kotori's.

Last edited by RedKey; 2011-07-26 at 11:06. Reason: edited to avoid double posting
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 15:12   Link #840
Balzac
Assistant Professor

I believe the Gallery unlocks after clearing at least one route.

1. As for the other heroine's themes, they certainly fit their respective characters for the most part. Although they're really not as universally used as Kotori's, being used in the common route for the most part.
And they're flowers! I'm guessing there's a meaning here.
a. Windflower (Kotori)
b. Morning Glory (Chihaya)
c. Anthurium (Akane)
d. Carnation (Sizuru)
e. Sunbright (Lucia)
f. Daisy (Kagari)

2. Phobic/Phobia - makes those Terra choices seem frantic for some reason.... Well, I still can't loop these tracks but at least I have the Soil disc, I'm gonna use the special arranged version of Phobia instead.

Last edited by Balzac; 2011-07-26 at 20:30. Reason: additions
Balzac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, hinoue itaru, key, maeda jun, romeo tanaka, ryukishi07, visual novel