AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-12-04, 10:48   Link #1841
ImperialFlameGod8190

ah alrighty then

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-05, 09:48   Link #1842
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Kusabi-chan if you're talking about Brave Saints who are human we already have a perfect example already..... Irina Shidou. Irina is clearly quite human but she was essentially made into an angel so she's human with Angelic qualities. Irina is still quite human she was just given angel abilities and a halo.
could the devil system be the same humans with devil abilities it would explain how the sacred gears didn't fly out of them when they were transformed. youd figure the gears would not recognize transformed devils as there masters and fly out of them.

since it drilled in this story that gears are human only or the loophole beings with human blood.
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-05, 11:00   Link #1843
Biohazardous

I'm inclined to think Gabriel is just as much a perv as Ise. She had no real reaction to him when he was first protected from falling. Her "punishment" to the alarm to me was a playful way to say stop before you bring that side out of me and make me fall. I think due to her status and such she has found a very good way to keep herself in check enough to not set off anything in heaven. It would be awesome to have bilingual give us the reveal and she jus winks at Ise and puts a finger over her mouth like shhh. She has a rep that must be upheld her falling would really mess up heaven. That's why I don't see it as far fetched she's developed a way to contain herself.
Old 2014-12-05, 11:10   Link #1844
G147

Gabriel is just too pure and dense, she doesn't even realize when someone has evil intention towards her, like during the sports day, Ise has been striping many of the girls yet Gabriel failed to realize Ise is heading to strip her next when Ise is charging towards her.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-05, 20:32   Link #1845
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

While I agree with the above comment, Bio's post is an interesting take. Well, considering all the fanfiction out there with Gabriel as a main love interest, I guess it's about time someone posted this thought on the internet.

Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle Wiki - If you've read and enjoyed the series, please help out! We now have a social group!!!
Cipher J's Blog|Fan and Original Fiction Database - A blog that I recently made to serve as a backup place for all my fan/original fiction. Feel free to check it out if you like.
DragonKing0117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-07, 11:43   Link #1846
Weather
Wonder Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
Gabriel is just too pure and dense, she doesn't even realize when someone has evil intention towards her, like during the sports day, Ise has been striping many of the girls yet Gabriel failed to realize Ise is heading to strip her next when Ise is charging towards her.
Gabriel is esentially Asia's Innocence (Before being influenced by Rias & Akeno) Ad Infinitum.

Respect the Earth! If not... Who knows? You might get cursed... heh heh~
Weather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-12, 19:41   Link #1847
persnicular

'Dragon whisperer' Asia and Ise & Rias

Couldn't spot the posts that got me thinking about this, so apologies for not quoting them here. Pretty sure they were here in Volume 18 and not 19....

Spoiler for Asia - dragon pact queen?:

With the creation of DxD, Ophis shouldn’t really have to be a secret any more? And if Lilith has Ophis’ memories up to when the power was siphoned off, shouldn’t Lilith find herself fond of Asia, etc.? She seemed to be starting to remember Ise when she protected Rizevam in Volume 17.

Sorry… Please forgive a small rant here… Or just stop reading any further…
Will there ever be a point where writers realize that the perpetually clueless MC goes has been so overdone that it's goes beyond boring to annoying sooner than later? I was hoping to see really happy Ise/Rias lovey-dovey spoilers for Volume 18 & 19. Doesn’t look like much is there? You’d think Rias would have been all over him when he came back from being killed. Or does ‘servant’ status trump all things forever in Ise’s mindset? How much more blunt does Rias’ father/mother/brother have to get? How about someone introduces or refers to them as an officially engaged couple somewhere public? Finding out that he’s been Rias’ next designated fiancé since the Raiser incident but that Rias didn’t want to acknowledge the selection or has been waiting for him to ‘man up’ or ‘grow up’ or whatever before she does can’t be a whole lot of fun? Maybe he’ll do something before, or at the very latest on, Rias’ graduation day? Hasn’t this started to really bug anyone else by now? Petty.... I know.... demo...
persnicular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-12, 23:50   Link #1848
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by persnicular View Post
Couldn't spot the posts that got me thinking about this, so apologies for not quoting them here. Pretty sure they were here in Volume 18 and not 19....

Spoiler for Asia - dragon pact queen?:
Spoiler for Asia and dragons:

Quote:
With the creation of DxD, Ophis shouldn’t really have to be a secret any more? And if Lilith has Ophis’ memories up to when the power was siphoned off, shouldn’t Lilith find herself fond of Asia, etc.? She seemed to be starting to remember Ise when she protected Rizevam in Volume 17.
I don't think that Lilith has gained much memories about the time when she was still a part of Ophis., at least based upon the moments that she had in the story so far and even if she had them, when she was born, Rizevim and his 'subordinates' have most likely erased them, to ensure that Lilith won't 'betray' their side, due to those memories.

As for the reason why Ophis is still a secret ... remember that the world still doesn't know that Ophis has been weakened and separated into the Ophis that lives with Ise in his house and Lilith.

Considering the reputation that Ophis has gained in the DxD world ... it would also be really difficult to explain that Ophis has changed sides and that 'revelation' could also 'dampen' the reputation of the DxD team being formed around that time - basically the situation around Ophis is pretty difficult and I doubt that secret is going to be so easy to reveal...

Quote:
Sorry… Please forgive a small rant here… Or just stop reading any further…
Will there ever be a point where writers realize that the perpetually clueless MC goes has been so overdone that it's goes beyond boring to annoying sooner than later? I was hoping to see really happy Ise/Rias lovey-dovey spoilers for Volume 18 & 19. Doesn’t look like much is there? You’d think Rias would have been all over him when he came back from being killed. Or does ‘servant’ status trump all things forever in Ise’s mindset? How much more blunt does Rias’ father/mother/brother have to get? How about someone introduces or refers to them as an officially engaged couple somewhere public? Finding out that he’s been Rias’ next designated fiancé since the Raiser incident but that Rias didn’t want to acknowledge the selection or has been waiting for him to ‘man up’ or ‘grow up’ or whatever before she does can’t be a whole lot of fun? Maybe he’ll do something before, or at the very latest on, Rias’ graduation day? Hasn’t this started to really bug anyone else by now? Petty.... I know.... demo...
I think that you should remember that Ise is still traumatized from the whole trauma that Reynare has given him.

Sure, after the events of volume 10 he is slowly getting better, but it still makes his 'density' justified to me.

Also, I think that Japanese people have a slightly different mindset then we do on some things like relationships ... and the writer of this story is writing it for that kind of audience... so some patterns are bound to continue appearing and there is pretty much nothing that we can do about it

Finally, the author is focusing on developing the relationship of the girls that haven't got a lot of developments with Ise in the previous arcs, so ... to me, it isn't a surprise that Ise's and Rias's relationship has been put to the backstage for sometime, due to the author not having enough screen time to put some development into it.

From what I remember it has been mentioned, sometime ago that Ishibumi plans to make some developments with Rias, Akeno and Asia - in the next arc, so while it doesn't prevent Rias and Ise (and the other girls) from having some small moments with Ise ... but some huge developments are probably going to occur in the next arc ... and I think there is still a few volumes ahead of us, before we will get to the end of the current arc.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-13, 00:54   Link #1849
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Ah, that brings up a question. In your guys' opinions, what would be the most effective way to reveal that Ophis has joined DxD, and effectively dismiss her of her part in the Khaos Brigade?

I would think that having been set up as the 'fall girl' might be one path to redemption. Pinning the blame on Risivim and his group that they were the ones behind it all from the beginning, and Ophis was just their "captive figurehead" to allow things to go more smoothly.
Old 2014-12-13, 02:19   Link #1850
iK@r0s

@Drrgraxin

how can she be a captive..when she is the strongest being aside from GR......what they should do is impose restriction to her by contract..like what the are doing right now
Old 2014-12-13, 11:41   Link #1851
Tbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by iK@r0s View Post
@Drrgraxin

how can she be a captive..when she is the strongest being aside from GR......what they should do is impose restriction to her by contract..like what the are doing right now
IIRC Ophis is not under any kind of contract who she is has been hidden with magic seals.
Old 2014-12-13, 12:34   Link #1852
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by iK@r0s View Post
@Drrgraxin

actually when she was with the Khaos Brigade she wasnt captive they had a mutual goal to achieve so she worked with them

Even now she's not really under contract she just likes Issei and gang (i dont think it has anything to do with Asia either).

So really Ophis kinda does what she wants and thats all there is to it.

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2014-12-13, 14:13   Link #1853
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
Ah, that brings up a question. In your guys' opinions, what would be the most effective way to reveal that Ophis has joined DxD, and effectively dismiss her of her part in the Khaos Brigade?

I would think that having been set up as the 'fall girl' might be one path to redemption. Pinning the blame on Risivim and his group that they were the ones behind it all from the beginning, and Ophis was just their "captive figurehead" to allow things to go more smoothly.
simple. Tell the world the existence of the fake Ophis in the Khaos Brigade. That would account for "Ophis" being on the enemy side. While saying that the real Ophis is actually working with them to put a stop to it.
Old 2014-12-13, 14:39   Link #1854
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post

The problem with that thought is im pretty sure most of those in the know already know she isnt part of the Khaos Brigade.

Old 2014-12-13, 15:30   Link #1855
GrrDraxin

^ While that is mostly true, however, there are still only a handful of people that do know this, and almost all of them are currently DxD group members. As far as the governing bodies of some of the factions, they don't know she's under Ise's observation (reversed on purpose), and if anyone were to ask any underworld average Joe who Ophis is, and other such info, like affiliations and such, they would likely answer that she's a scary criminal existence.

However, my thinking on the "solution", and why I used "captive figurehead", isn't that she was literally a captive, but that her associates were keeping her captive by way of her naivety. She seems to be fairly easy to deceive, and likely to believe someone's words at face value.

So, that in turns gives rise to how the Khaos Brigade did everything BUT go to challenge Great Red. Her supposed "subordinates" just simply said things like "Yeah, we're gathering an army of strong fighters to go up against GR." and the like, while secretly crossing their fingers behind their backs, while really thinking "Yeah, but we have no intention of fighting such an overpowered monster, so we'll just pursue our own political agendas of spreading chaos and starting wars between all the factions for sh!ts and giggles." They just simply used her name and legendary reputation to give their group a "leader" to follow, even though that leader has one goal and one goal only... that did not mesh well with the differing views of the KB.

Then Rias and Ise and friends came along and have been steadily hacking away at the KB's ranks up until recently. So there isn't much left of them anymore, and Rizevim may have absorbed the KB remnants into his organization. But, it could still be said that the KB's actions were directed by Rizevim and his organization, and done in such a way that Ophis either didn't know, or didn't care (the later would be the actual one), and she was left in the dark blindly leading as the figurehead, but not really knowing what was really going on behind her back, until after she met Ise.

That's how I see it.

Last edited by GrrDraxin; 2014-12-13 at 15:45.
GrrDraxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-13, 19:51   Link #1856
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Oi, why do some people not pay any attention to the romantic developments of this arc whatsoever? Not necessarily referring to anyone in particular here, but unless you haven't read the most recent volumes you should not be asking why Ise is so dense... Maybe volume 18 will finally clear this up. Ise is not dense anymore. The trauma with Raynare is done with. Since volume 17, it is absolutely safe to say that he is not dense regarding the girls' feelings. He may be a little slow to realize it (I don't remember how he reacts to Rose's question this volume, but that part should be translated soon anyway), but he is not dense. Of course, because of that there will continue to be situations like during the training in v17 where he doesn't know what is going on, but even that should change once someone points out that he already is a Harem King. Also, @persnicular, read Life.0 of volume 18 on Code-Zero's blog. That should show that what you're saying is completely wrong.

EDIT: Went back and read the untranslated portion of volume 18 to correct my statement: By now Ise is no longer dense about any of the girl's feelings. He's not even slow to realize it anymore. The part of v17 where he didn't know what was going on was in regards to the situation with Rose and Rias and Akeno being upset about it. Which is completely understandable as it caught everyone off guard lol. But anyway, it'll be a lot clearer once volume 18 is translated.

Regarding Ophis, revealing Lilith would mess with Ise's plan of bringing her over to their side. Kuroka is still wanted as a Stray Devil, but like Ophis they're hiding out at the Hyoudou Residence under the protection of the anti-terrorist team [DxD] and their allies consisting of some of the most powerful beings around. Probably the best way would be to explain how she was naive and was used by Shalba (and Rizevim using Lilith by shaping her into his bodyguard and nothing else) but had no real desire to destroy the peace between the factions.

Also, Lilith has not retained any memories of Ophis. She only sensed something familiar in Ise because he has Great Red's scent.

Quote:
“……Also the smell, of nostalgia. Red, big, a smell of Red Dragon.”
—!
A red and big Dragon. She must mean Great Red.
My current body is made from borrowing a section of Great Red’s body. It’s not weird if she can smell Great Red from me. From the way she said that, it seems like she doesn’t know much about Great Red like the real Ophis does.
But I’m surprised. The real Ophis is very interested in Great Red, but even this girl recognises that Sekiryuushintei……
The relation between Ophis and Great Red must be more complex than I imagined.

Last edited by Gary29; 2014-12-14 at 13:28.
Gary29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-14, 01:20   Link #1857
GrrDraxin

@Gary Indeed, all valid points. Some of which could be answered with the translation of volumes 18 and 19, but as it stands now, we're still suck with minor spoilers and speculation on the grander scale of things. We must have patience. The answers will come, it's just a matter of time, and time is our worst enemy at this moment, second is n0m's battle to reclaim some of his precious free time from whatever he's gotten himself into at the moment. But that's his own battle that we have no right to comment on. So just wish him well, and good luck.
Old 2014-12-14, 05:53   Link #1858
ImperialFlameGod8190

@Draxin agreed in addition we must make sure that people dont get impatient once more

Old 2014-12-17, 17:55   Link #1859
kikix

Wouldn't just explaining that Ophis's name was used by the terrorists without her actually approving (or disapproving, but there's no reason to mention this) of their actions be enough?!

Ophis was offered help in defeating Great Red and that's all she cared about. That's what she gave those power-up snakes for (not that it matters since only the leaders that wouldn't need to be convinced all that much anyway know about). The people around her are the ones that made Khaos Brigade and used her name in terroristic acts that she never told them to do, while being oblivious to them.

Basically, she was framed. She is a victim of an organization that told her they do one thing but away from her eyes did other thing.

Lilith could be explained in the same manner, even more so since she's a newborn, technically. She doesn't know who's "good" and who's "bad" because she had no time to learn anything about the world.
Old 2014-12-18, 07:57   Link #1860
Royalknightftw

Wonder if there is anyone else (outside the three great alliances) who knows that the real Ophis is in Hyoudou's resident ?? is it perhaps that the top brass of other myths already knows about it but keep it hidden so their underlings could not do any rash actions ??
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dxd, harem