Who locked him up?
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 20:04   Link #122
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suna no tate View Post
Who locked him up?
Think his clan members or rival clan members not sure .. Its been a long time since I watched that arc . Its not Oro , oro is just into s&m and bondage but definately notlocking people up and stuff

Though I do remember Kimi getting locked up has something to do with raiding enemy territory

EDIT : He was the sole survivor of the Kaguya clan . The Kaguya clan was wiped out when they attacked the Hidden Mist Village (seemingly for no reason other than the desire to kill). Having underestimated their opponent's defenses, they were slaughtered to the last man, with only Kimimaro surviving.

Kimimaro was the most powerful member of the clan, having "abilities that even that war loving clan feared". Because of this, he was locked away in a cage for most of his life, only released occasionally when needed to fight other clans. He retreated from the fight with the Hidden Mist Village, which is probably why he survived.

HIs Own Clan Locked him Up

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2007-01-15 at 20:18.
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 20:18   Link #123
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Think his clan members or rival clan members not sure .. Its been a long time since I watched that arc . Its not Oro , oro is just into s&m and bondage but definately notlocking people up and stuff

Though I do remember Kimi getting locked up has something to do with raiding enemy territory

Kimimaro was locked up by his own clan, the Kaguya, because they feared his talent. He was only let out to fight enemies and possibly to train. He gets my vote for worst childhood. He spent his whole life being used by people who cared nothing about him only to get a horrible disease and die a meaningless death. That's pretty messed up.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 20:19   Link #124
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Kimimaro was locked up by his own clan, the Kayuga, because they feared his talent. He was only let out to fight enemies and possibly to train. He gets my vote for worst childhood. He spent his whole life being used by people who cared nothing about him only to get a horrible disease and die a meaningless death. That's pretty messed up.
My Bad just edited my previous post to add that info .. what you said is true his own clan ^^
Old 2007-01-15, 20:34   Link #125
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi
My Bad just edited my previous post to add that info .. what you said is true his own clan ^^
It's no problem. Kimimaro's childhood gets looked over, but his childhood is like taking all the worst parts of Sasuke's, Naruto's, Haku, Gaara's backgrounds and combining them into one story. He was hated and feared by his own village/family like Gaara and Naruto, only didn't have the freedom like Naruto and Gaara did. He experienced the murder of his clan like Sasuke and spent the rest of his life as another ninja's tool like Haku. Only unlike Zabuza, Oro could've cared less about Kimimaro. Plus, he got a fatal illness. The only reason it doesn't seem so bad is because Kimimaro became pretty much numb to his situation early on. He didn't mope about it like Sasuke or go insane like Gaara.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 03:36   Link #126
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
It's no problem. Kimimaro's childhood gets looked over, but his childhood is like taking all the worst parts of Sasuke's, Naruto's, Haku, Gaara's backgrounds and combining them into one story. He was hated and feared by his own village/family like Gaara and Naruto, only didn't have the freedom like Naruto and Gaara did. He experienced the murder of his clan like Sasuke and spent the rest of his life as another ninja's tool like Haku. Only unlike Zabuza, Oro could've cared less about Kimimaro. Plus, he got a fatal illness. The only reason it doesn't seem so bad is because Kimimaro became pretty much numb to his situation early on. He didn't mope about it like Sasuke or go insane like Gaara.
He doesn't mope or go crazy, instead he becomes a zealot dedicated to Oro, so in a way kinda crazy.

To top it off he sacrifices himself meaninglessly, since the person he dies for doesn't care about him at all. His whole story has no good points at all, he definitely got the short end of the stick in the series.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 09:26   Link #127
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauthi View Post
He doesn't mope or go crazy, instead he becomes a zealot dedicated to Oro, so in a way kinda crazy.

To top it off he sacrifices himself meaninglessly, since the person he dies for doesn't care about him at all. His whole story has no good points at all, he definitely got the short end of the stick in the series.
-Well aren't all zealots crazy to begin with? Besides that Kimimaro didn't sacrifice himself, rather he was making use of his limited time that he had left. He knew he was going to die fue to his illness sooner or later so he did what all loyal subject do for their master: he died while serving him to the last breath.

-Orochimaru caring about his subjects seems to vary greatly though. Those that he branded with a Cursed seal seem to have been/are his "favorite" while those whom he merely considers pawns he will discard like garbage. He really did care about Kimimaro, even if it was only because of his abilities (which he valued even higher than Sasuke).
Old 2007-01-16, 11:07   Link #128
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

Overall Pain goes to Garra hands down. I mean even thou he perpetuated it more than Naruto did at first, he went thru the longest period of emotional tourture (12 years). That's crazy. Twelve years of emotional torture and he still can come out of it?! I wish I was garra! Pluss having insomnia for that long is also not too cool.

Haku, and Kimmimaro prolly had an easyer time than sasuke. They started out with nothing and then got something to releave their emotional pain pretty early(even if they were catering to psycos). Sasuke had a whole clan who loved him, and had normal little bro inferiortiy complex till his entire family was whiped out pretty much in front of him. Knowing what you could have had, then having it striped from you and suffering for the rest of your life is pretty bad too.
Old 2007-01-17, 18:06   Link #129
MDale
Me

Definately gonna give my vote to Gaara for worst childhood, major moments of sorrow (death of mother and uncle) as well as continuious emotional agony, I think it trumps what Kimmimaru and Haku had since both managed to find people that they loved and felt loved them back, Gaara pretty much had it on hisfrom 6 to 12.

Restating what others have said but meh
MDale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 03:30   Link #130
chaz017
Senior Member...ish

In my opinion Sasuke easily, hands down, had the worst childhood of all...except for every other character in the series with a bad childhood. I won't try to argue the fact that it was a traumatizing event but most of the after effects are self wrought. Besides, even if he chooses not to accept them, he still has many people that care about him.

To trump Sasuke, in my opinion, would be Naruto. Only by a little though because Sasuke at least had part of a decent childhood with his family. Naruto had nothing for the better part of his childhood. I mean who wants to sit on the old rickety swing set that you see in the opening credits every day by themselves? Naruto also didn't know why he was shunned so he didn't really have an opportunity to come to terms with it. But technically since they are still children his situation has improved now that he is accepted by some.

Next up to trump Naruto would be Haku and Gaara. I put them equally on the scale for different reasons. Gaara gets it pretty bad because he has a similar story to Naruto but with a few more additions to his story making it worse. The insomnia for one. Which on it's own would suck pretty terrible not sleeping for 12 years or when you do your personality gets eaten away. He was also the cause of his mothers death, being the cause would be a lot more difficult to come to terms with than having your parents killed or not knowing them. Haku is right up there with Gaara though since not only was he the cause(sorta) but he is the one who actually killed his father. He also had to live homeless while being shunned. At least the other characters had some where to go.

And to top all the stories is Kimimaro. I think Sabaku did a pretty good job telling it with his post...

Quote:
I'd also like to add that almost every character has a "But" to their story. Sasuke - sad but it's his choice to dwell, he has support, and he had part of a decent childhood. Naruto - sad but at least his situation has improved. Gaara - sad but(and his is a hard story to "but")as with Naruto, his situation improves later on. Haku - sad but he meets someone who cares about him a lot and he also had part of a good childhood. Kimimaro - sad but...wait there is no but for him. Just a whole lotta terrible all the way up until he died. Yea, I think that pretty much wins out.

--EDIT--
Spoiler for My Protection:

Last edited by chaz017; 2007-01-18 at 05:29.
chaz017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 04:14   Link #131
Hentai Guy
REdiculous (see profile)

Location: I live in a freakin' desert...not even a cool desert with cacti and stuff...just a whole lot o' nada
The worst childhood...any of the little academy ninja that Gaara tought in the aftermath of the Sasuke retrieval arc...I'm willing to bet that there's some seriously fuggered up kids due to that. You know the first time some little kid started getting fussy he'd totally just desert coffin the crap outta them...

Them or Might Gai...having to grow up with those eyebrows *shakes his head*...tragic... I mean, Rock Lee at least had him to look up too as an example of REdiculous eyebrow success, but Gai was all on his own.

Last edited by Hentai Guy; 2007-01-18 at 05:14.
Hentai Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 01:08   Link #132
Zarola

Location: The U.S. ,Baby! (Hopefully I'll get to be a transfer student to Germany,Jap.,Korea,Russ. or Eygpt)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke_Akatsuki View Post
yeah you're right man ...if that was me and i got home and saw that everyone in my family was dead and my brother was the one who did it , i'd forget about it...i wouldn't feel like i was weak and couldn't protect my family , i would feel great having all those 12 year old girls liking me because what they think of me really matters!! ah Yes i'm gonna forget my worries and think about how much girls i can have.
I don't know if it is a spoiler or not but...

Spoiler for Sasuke... forget? it is about the big picture :

Though in my opinion it's Hinata, Kakashi, and Gaara
Zarola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 03:59   Link #133
Sasuke_Akatsuki
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Sasuke_Akatsuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarola View Post
I don't know if it is a spoiler or not but...

Spoiler for Sasuke... forget? it is about the big picture :

Though in my opinion it's Hinata, Kakashi, and Gaara

Hinata? she lacked self-confidence and her father saying she doesn't have enough skill is worst than having your whole family killed and finding out it's the person you looked up to your whole life who did. so is this the world we live in...shame

ps: proof read your writing i have alot of trouble with that myself i made alot of mistakes
Sasuke_Akatsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 04:22   Link #134
chaz017
Senior Member...ish

Quote:
Hinata? she lacked self-confidence and her father saying she doesn't have enough skill is worst than having your whole family killed and finding out it's the person you looked up to your whole life who did. so is this the world we live in...shame

ps: proof read your writing i have alot of trouble with that myself i made alot of mistakes
Hmm, I'm not exactly one to correct people on grammar. Mostly because I tend to use words like "gonna, dunno, etc." I must say though, that when you tell someone else to proofread their writing...you probably shouldn't have the sentence telling them to do so have over 6 errors in it. Just a thought though.

I'll have to agree with you on Hinata though. Sasuke obviously got the short end of the stick there. I won't go into it though since I already gave my opinion a few posts ago. I think pretty much anyone being trained to be a ninja is gonna have to deal with a few hardships though. It pretty much comes with the territory right?
Old 2007-01-19, 10:30   Link #135
Sasuke_Akatsuki
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Sasuke_Akatsuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz017 View Post
Hmm, I'm not exactly one to correct people on grammar. Mostly because I tend to use words like "gonna, dunno, etc." I must say though, that when you tell someone else to proofread their writing...you probably shouldn't have the sentence telling them to do so have over 6 errors in it. Just a thought though.
i was just giving her some advice because i didn't understand some of the stuff she was saying...i don't really care about her grammar, but when i see "Sasuke grew up as an upset" and "The whole clan was keeping a watch on Itachi whereabouts after the death mysterious death of his cousin" it wasn't very clear to me, i just want to understand what she was saying that's all...but it was just a thought.
Sasuke_Akatsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 17:04   Link #136
Zarola

Location: The U.S. ,Baby! (Hopefully I'll get to be a transfer student to Germany,Jap.,Korea,Russ. or Eygpt)
Thanks for the advice Sasuke_Akatsuki. I'll try to work on it. Anyway to prove my point on Hinata. Her father didn't only say she didn't have enough skill. When her sensei told him it was dangerous and risky to allow the heir to become a nin and that she could die. He said that it did not matter and that her younger sister was more powerful and suitable. Hinata heard the whole thing from standing outside. If her father feels that way how do you think the clan feels. They all can see that the heir is not as powerful as Neji, eventough they won't publically acknowledge it. So, again you have to look at the big picture.
Old 2007-01-20, 07:19   Link #137
chaz017
Senior Member...ish

Quote:
i was just giving her some advice because i didn't understand some of the stuff she was saying...i don't really care about her grammar, but when i see "Sasuke grew up as an upset" and "The whole clan was keeping a watch on Itachi whereabouts after the death mysterious death of his cousin" it wasn't very clear to me, i just want to understand what she was saying that's all...but it was just a thought.
Wasn't tryin to start an arguement Sasuke Akatsuki, I just thought it was funny is all.

Hmm, good point though Zarola. Maybe Hinata had it a little worse off than I gave her credit for. I still don't think that is worse off than some of the other characters but that woud be pretty crappy.
Old 2007-01-20, 15:47   Link #138
Zarola

I agree with you Chaz. Maybe it's because I'm a girl that I sympathize with her more than the others.
Old 2007-01-20, 19:33   Link #139
Sjdragon
Kakashi sensei

First:Gaara
Second:Naruto
Third:kimmimaru
fourth:kakashi
fifth:sasuke
Sjdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-21, 02:57   Link #140
#1 gaara