Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-16, 09:09   Link #541
reloaded
skywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
Thay may not be the case. The ones you mentioned can be considered as being exceptional among the similar ones. None of the Uchihas were close to Itachi, despite having similar advantages, and Itachi was only around the level of people that do not carry bloodline abilities. As long as the person has or does not have enough talent, it does not matter a lot whether he has the bloodline ability or not.
i have to disagree with that, no matter the talent a blood line trait will have a natural advantage over a basic person, all uchihas have an advantage over other normal ninja, talent is another matter since people can train and if theyre strong enough cacn overcome bloodline traits like sasuke vs orochimaru in the forest at the chuunin exams. Saying that bloodlines have a natural advantage and therefore will always win is incorrect since some ninja like rock lee overcome sasuke's sharingan. the fact still does remain tho and cant be denied

people born with a blood line trait have a natural advantage over people that wernt

Last edited by reloaded; 2007-01-16 at 11:31.
Old 2007-01-16, 16:00   Link #542
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by reloaded View Post
i have to disagree with that, no matter the talent a blood line trait will have a natural advantage over a basic person, all uchihas have an advantage over other normal ninja, talent is another matter since people can train and if theyre strong enough cacn overcome bloodline traits like sasuke vs orochimaru in the forest at the chuunin exams. Saying that bloodlines have a natural advantage and therefore will always win is incorrect since some ninja like rock lee overcome sasuke's sharingan. the fact still does remain tho and cant be denied

people born with a blood line trait have a natural advantage over people that wernt
Of course if you take a ninja, and give him a bloodline, he will then have an advantage. Its the same if you improve his strenght/intelligence. Everyone is born with different traits, be they bloodline or normal. The smart/strong have an advantage over the weak/stupid...

A good example of how your reasoning is flawed though is a look at the hokages. The 4th was probably unrivaled in his generation by any ninja, including bloodlines, and he was a normal ninja. The same goes for the 3rd hokage, who was very strong and could probably beat most, if not, all bloodlines in his generation. Clearly bloodline gives an advantage, but the best advantage lies in talent.
Old 2007-01-16, 16:28   Link #543
reloaded
skywalker

yeh i agree with that, i did say talent was another matter though since people with blood line traits are beatable but its true that the best advantage lies in talent
Old 2007-01-16, 18:31   Link #544
naruto89

naruto

Spoiler:

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-01-16 at 19:21. Reason: Don't forget spoiler tags
Old 2007-01-16, 19:24   Link #545
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto89 View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-16, 22:21   Link #546
Neji_Hyuuga

Location: Indonesia, the country of multiple cultural backgrounds...visit my country guys. It's very beutiful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauthi View Post
Of course if you take a ninja, and give him a bloodline, he will then have an advantage. Its the same if you improve his strenght/intelligence. Everyone is born with different traits, be they bloodline or normal. The smart/strong have an advantage over the weak/stupid...

A good example of how your reasoning is flawed though is a look at the hokages. The 4th was probably unrivaled in his generation by any ninja, including bloodlines, and he was a normal ninja. The same goes for the 3rd hokage, who was very strong and could probably beat most, if not, all bloodlines in his generation. Clearly bloodline gives an advantage, but the best advantage lies in talent.
Indeed, even though you have an ultimate bloodline such as the Uchiha or Hyuuga bloodlines, it's useless without talent and hard work. It's like holding on to an Arctic Warfare Magnum Sniper Rifle in which you can't handle - cause it's recoil force is to great for one to bear. In the other hand, the ability to utilize such gifts to a greater extent will guarantee your success, say like Itachi, Kimimaro, and Sasuke

the fact is, bloodline inheritence is not the most important thing though it does give the upper hand. There's a saying, " Even a man wielding one sword could triumph against those wielding two if he knows how to use it...."
A normal person could triumph against those with bloodline inheritence if he knows how to use what he has...

Well the fact is that, everyone of them is born with gifts...with blessings and traits...it's up to those guys to develop themselves based on the traits they've been blessed with...let's say:
Naruto - Kyuubi + Large Amount of Chakra and Stamina
Sasuke - Sharingan + Curse SEal
Neji - Byakugan and great talent
Lee - Lotus Hachimon Tonkou + large stamina + great physical endurance
and all the others...
If we see it clearly, everyone has their strengths and their weaknesses...it's just up to them ( and Kishi ) to resolve themselves into the strongest Shinobi...
Well, KIshi never made any all powerful - godly -invincible character did he now?

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-01-17 at 04:41. Reason: Don't double post
Old 2007-01-21, 03:18   Link #547
#1 gaara

im sorry but sasuke has lots of potential too. he has sharingan and what doers naruto have other than his gay fox.Exactly NOTHING.
Old 2007-01-22, 03:06   Link #548
Hentai Guy
REdiculous (see profile)

Location: I live in a freakin' desert...not even a cool desert with cacti and stuff...just a whole lot o' nada
In the end everyone will see that Kimimaro is better...he totally owned Gaara without the benefit of a Demon Kitsune or some fancy-schmancy eyes that let you do REdiculousness.

But between the two, I'll have to go with Naruto for three reasons:

1st - Naruto is the main character. Yes, this is a stupid META answer, but it's also true. Yes, Sasuke is the angsty ninja genius...but does he have his name in the title?

2nd - Naruto is due. In the two real fights (I'm not counting the rooftop fight before Sasuke joined Oro...in which Naruto totally would have owned him) they had, Sasuke has won both. This leads me to believe that the next climactic battle these two have will end in the utter ownage of Sasuke.

3rd - Sasuke is a dick. Alright, I know that's a merely a slam...but if you look at 90% of anime, the dick always gets it. They might get beaten to death by their sister's boyfriend...they might get their head bitten off by a demonic cyborg housing the spirit of their wife...they may even get Nabehameha'd by two afro-sporting Mexican immigrants and a space-commando-detective-ninja-director, but the dick usually has it coming.

You know what...I'll throw in one last reason:

4th - It makes for better storytelling. If Naruto loses to Sasuke again, I'm going to start to get bored with the whole thing. I think it's high time for someone to reign in that kid and make with something different...ya know?

Last edited by Hentai Guy; 2007-01-29 at 00:30.
Old 2007-01-22, 08:38   Link #549
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hentai Guy View Post
In the end everyone will see that Kimimaru is better...he totally owned Gaara without the benefit of a Demon Kitsune or some fancy-schmancy eyes that let you do rediculousness.
Kimimaro had a bloodline and a Cursed Seal just like Sasuke. He had to go CS2 to deal with Gaara.
Old 2007-01-22, 08:52   Link #550
Hentai Guy
REdiculous (see profile)

Location: I live in a freakin' desert...not even a cool desert with cacti and stuff...just a whole lot o' nada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Kimimaro had a bloodline and a Cursed Seal just like Sasuke. He had to go CS2 to deal with Gaara.
While true, Gaara would be nothing without his bloodline either...as far as I've seen he doesn't know much in the way of any other techniques. Concidering how overpowered Gaara is, Kimi's performance was extraordinary. Even Desert Imperial Funeral failed to do anything other than superficial damage to him. Had Kimimaro not succumbed to his illness (which, by the was, was so bad that he should have been unable to fight in the first place) both Gaara and Rock Lee would have been obliterated. Gaara was at the end of his strength and Lee was totally outclassed. Only a bit of Deus ex Machina stood between them and death.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Gaara; he's still one of my favs...but I like to give credit where credit is due.
Old 2007-01-22, 09:18   Link #551
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
While true, Gaara would be nothing without his bloodline either...as far as I've seen he doesn't know much in the way of any other techniques. Concidering how overpowered Gaara is, Kimi's performance was extraordinary. Even Desert Imperial Funeral failed to do anything other than superficial damage to him. Had Kimimaro not succumbed to his illness (which, by the was, was so bad that he should have been unable to fight in the first place) both Gaara and Rock Lee would have been obliterated. Gaara was at the end of his strength and Lee was totally outclassed. Only a bit of Deus ex Machina stood between them and death.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Gaara; he's still one of my favs...but I like to give credit where credit is due.
Well, it's just you gotta be fair when you dish out the credit. You can't acknowledge the skills of Kimi and Gaara (who are a bloodline/CS user and jinchuuriki respectively) without acknowledging the skills of Sasuke and Naruto also. I mean when Kimimaro uses his bloodline and Cursed Seal to defeat Gaara it's extraordinary, but when Naruto uses the Kyuubi's chakra do the same thing he doesn't get the credit because he's relying on a Demon Kitsune?
Old 2007-01-22, 10:05   Link #552
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Well, it's just you gotta be fair when you dish out the credit. You can't acknowledge the skills of Kimi and Gaara (who are a bloodline/CS user and jinchuuriki respectively) without acknowledging the skills of Sasuke and Naruto also. I mean when Kimimaro uses his bloodline and Cursed Seal to defeat Gaara it's extraordinary, but when Naruto uses the Kyuubi's chakra do the same thing he doesn't get the credit because he's relying on a Demon Kitsune?
Spoiler:

Last edited by Luminion Lancer; 2007-01-24 at 09:39.
Old 2007-01-22, 10:20   Link #553
Hentai Guy
REdiculous (see profile)

Quote:
The thing about the battle between Gaara and Naruto is that both of them were wiped out. By the end of the fight they were both at the end of their strength with Naruto inching towards him with his chin. By the end of the fight between Kimimaro and Gaara, GAARA was at the end of his strength and Kimi was about to run him through when his disease killed him. Naruto's performance during the fight showed both great power and cunning...but in the end all that saved him was the Kitsune. Kimi's performance during his fight displayed great power and cunning...but in the end all that saved Gaara was the fact that Kimimaro was dying long before the fight began.

Gaara was completely defenseless...if Kimimaro hadn't died where he "stood," that would have been it for everyone's favorite insomiac sand-ninja. I also think Kimi deserves a bit more credit due to his remarkable control of the Seal of Earth, not allowing it to consume him entirely...while Naruto owes most of his power to the Kitsune. Once he starts using tailed forms, the Kitsune chakra does most of the work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-Makes little sense doesn't it? When Sasuke uses both his Kekkei Genkai (Sharingan) and the Cursed Seal (which are 2 respective advantages over almost everyone else) he's seen as a bloody-genius but when Naruto uses his only real advantage he's seen as a pathetic ninja wannabe, who has the most powerful demon yet still fails to make ends meet. But I suppose it's all preference anyway. Some people will just never like the main character for their own reasons. To me though Naruto's abilities have been proven time and again...
Sasuke is an excellent ninja, especially when it comes to using his given abilities. I'm not even going to dispute that...still, I prefer Naruto. He is extremely inventive, given to a level of wit and cunning that far excedes what most credit him with. His inventive uses of his few innate talents are remarkable.

However, it must also be recognized that while Naruto only has the Kitsune going for him, it's one HELL of a thing to have going for you. In a world where your ability is almost uniformally limited by your chakra (with the notable exceptions of Rock and Guy), having a near-endless supply of it is one of the biggest advantages you can have over everyone else.

...that being said, I still hope Naruto will wipe the floor with Sasuke...and possibly use him as a club to bludgeon Kabuto to death because it's high-time that guy died.

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-01-22 at 10:47. Reason: Don't double post.
Old 2007-01-23, 00:55   Link #554
fullmetalMonkey
fma obessed monkey

naruto his best attack can't even be learned using sharingan beacuse there is no hand sighns
Old 2007-01-23, 07:30   Link #555
Hentai Guy
REdiculous (see profile)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetalMonkey View Post
naruto his best attack can't even be learned using sharingan beacuse there is no hand sighns
Rock Lee didn't use hand signs either, and the sharingan still worked on his attacks.
Old 2007-01-23, 09:43   Link #556
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Sasuke is an excellent ninja, especially when it comes to using his given abilities. I'm not even going to dispute that...still, I prefer Naruto. He is extremely inventive, given to a level of wit and cunning that far excedes what most credit him with. His inventive uses of his few innate talents are remarkable.

However, it must also be recognized that while Naruto only has the Kitsune going for him, it's one HELL of a thing to have going for you. In a world where your ability is almost uniformally limited by your chakra (with the notable exceptions of Rock and Guy), having a near-endless supply of it is one of the biggest advantages you can have over everyone else.

...that being said, I still hope Naruto will wipe the floor with Sasuke...and possibly use him as a club to bludgeon Kabuto to death because it's high-time that guy died.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Luminion Lancer; 2007-01-24 at 09:40.
Old 2007-01-23, 10:48   Link #557
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
By the end of the fight between Kimimaro and Gaara, GAARA was at the end of his strength and Kimi was about to run him through when his disease killed him.

...but in the end all that saved Gaara was the fact that Kimimaro was dying long before the fight began.

...Gaara was completely defenseless...if Kimimaro hadn't died where he "stood," that would have been it for everyone's favorite insomiac sand-ninja.
Kimimaro dying is also one of the reasons why he tried to move forward till the end.

Also, do not forget that Gaara was fighting with an injured guy behind his back. That is not an excuse, but it may cause the sufficient level of disturbance to the result in their fight, both negatively and postively. And, Kimimaro at the end was still using his cursed seal, while Gaara, has never once released the real power of Shukaku in that fight.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-23, 10:56   Link #558
chuckcsf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-Not that I disagree or anything but despite the advantages of having an abundance of chakra (yes there is a limit to what Naruto is capable of doing) Naruto still has problems that go with them. Housing the Kyuubi no Youkai has indeed given Naruto a near inhuman chakra system but just the same it caused problems as well, namely chakra control. It was stated long ago by Ebisu that for all the chakra that Naruto would put into a simple Bunshin no jutsu another person with better control could create at least 10 times that amount. Control is still a big issue when it comes to the Kyuubi's influence. If Naruto get's just a little bit frustrated, BOOM a tail sprouts and he goes on a rampage. Now compare that to Sasuke's Sharingan and Cursed Seal. The only one that causes problems for him is the Cursed Seal which comes with it's own advantages (more power for a limited time). The Sharingan on the other hand just seems to gain one ability after another. It predicts, it copies and now apparently is able to surpress Naruto's only real advantage.

-That aside Naruto had better knock Sasuke down a peg or 2. I'm not going to say "kill him" simply for the sake of the story...
I thought Naruto was having difficulties with chakra control because of the seal Orochimaru had placed?
Old 2007-01-23, 10:58   Link #559
chuckcsf

Quote:
Rock Lee didn't use hand signs either, and the sharingan still worked on his attacks.
Yeah and Naruto didn't have the sharingan but he was still able to imitate it.
Old 2007-01-23, 14:12   Link #560
Sasuke_Akatsuki
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Sasuke_Akatsuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckcsf View Post
Yeah and Naruto didn't have the sharingan but he was still able to imitate it.
Naruto didn't have the sharingan?? really? lol
Closed Thread