Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-06-09, 06:57   Link #4281
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
all along is on top what.....did you see the ova when Heero come out of Wing Zero after the blast to the internal base?

Yes, Heero came out of the torso, from what I remember.
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-09, 14:12   Link #4282
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Flores View Post
Yes, Heero came out of the torso, from what I remember.
That's what I remember too. Even my brother noted that to me in my MG and PG Wing Zero, he had recently re-watched that OVA and he said "I thought the cockpit was in the torso(waist)/belly/abdomen"
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-09, 16:14   Link #4283
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameraBaenre View Post
Anime Expo
June 29 - July 2 2007
Long Beach Convention Center
http://www.anime-expo.org/

Model contest info:
http://www.anime-expo.org/?q=professional/...t/model_contest

Gundam and Resin Figure model building seminar schedule and room location:

"Gundam Models & Resin Building Seminar: Basics"
Friday, June 29
Workshops 1 (LBCC 104C)
1:30 PM - 3:30 PM

"Gundam Models & Resin Building Seminar: Advanced Techniques"
Saturday, June 30
Workshops 2 (LBCC 103)
3:30 PM - 5:30 PM

"Gundam Models & Resin Building Seminar: Start to Finish"
Sunday, July 1
Workshops 2 (LBCC 103)
1:30 PM - 3:30 PM
I wasn't able to make it last year because I had to work for that one day. I'll be here this time and it's nice to know that the dates are staggered just in case I miss one.

"I appear to be a plushie, but my heart is that of a wolf." - Kon
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-09, 22:11   Link #4284
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
all along is on top what.....did you see the ova when Heero come out of Wing Zero after the blast to the internal base?
Evidence 1 (common sense)

After WZC fired off all three shots of the TBR, the carcass of whatever's left fell to the ground. The torso fell back to the ground flat on it's back. How Heero exited is by climbing up, out of the cockpit, not crawling out. This proves that the cockpit's hatch is mounted vertically when upright, the door's placement favouring a lower abodomen cockpit placing. Secondly with the all round view cockpit of the WZC, the location you claim does not allow it to be fitted as such, needing an additional hatch on the top of the sphere. Only a cockpit located in the lower torso has the space nessecary to hold such a cockpit.

Evidence 2 (screenshots)
This is a screenshot of the cockpit seconds before Heero exits. Notice the lack of machine cannon housings and the presence of the vents and red coloured portions.

Now compare it to this picture of the WZC spreading it's signature wings. Note the lack of the red coloured parts and presense of machine cannon housings where you claim the cockpit to be.

Now, where's the only portion of the torso where you see the red coloured parts?

Why it was changed in the models kits could be due to the 'green ball thingy' blockin easy access to the cockpit. Thus having to change the location of the cockpit in the kits.

Last edited by dodgethis_sg; 2007-06-10 at 02:33.
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-10, 05:05   Link #4285
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgethis_sg View Post
Evidence 1 (common sense)

After WZC fired off all three shots of the TBR, the carcass of whatever's left fell to the ground. The torso fell back to the ground flat on it's back. How Heero exited is by climbing up, out of the cockpit, not crawling out. This proves that the cockpit's hatch is mounted vertically when upright, the door's placement favouring a lower abodomen cockpit placing. Secondly with the all round view cockpit of the WZC, the location you claim does not allow it to be fitted as such, needing an additional hatch on the top of the sphere. Only a cockpit located in the lower torso has the space nessecary to hold such a cockpit.

Evidence 2 (screenshots)
This is a screenshot of the cockpit seconds before Heero exits. Notice the lack of machine cannon housings and the presence of the vents and red coloured portions.

Now compare it to this picture of the WZC spreading it's signature wings. Note the lack of the red coloured parts and presense of machine cannon housings where you claim the cockpit to be.

Now, where's the only portion of the torso where you see the red coloured parts?

Why it was changed in the models kits could be due to the 'green ball thingy' blockin easy access to the cockpit. Thus having to change the location of the cockpit in the kits.
common sense or not is up to you....your tonality still have to be improve.....
winner
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-10, 05:14   Link #4286
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Haha. I discredited that sweeping, so-full-of-confidence statement of yours and you claim I'm giving you attitude. Common sense is also known as logic, ever heard of it?

Even if you disregarded that point because of the way I've so bluntly put it across (tonality is an actual word, but wrong context [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonality], Tex), I've still proved you wrong with my second piece of evidence.
Old 2007-06-10, 06:45   Link #4287
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Quote:
Haha. I discredited that sweeping, so-full-of-confidence statement of yours and you claim I'm giving you attitude. Common sense is also known as logic, ever heard of it?

Even if you disregarded that point because of the way I've so bluntly put it across (tonality is an actual word, but wrong context [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonality], Tex), I've still proved you wrong with my second piece of evidence.
okie GOD.....do you make msitake before?

but in mahq.....

taken frm Dalong , PG Wing Zero

MG Wing Zero

another 1 frm 1999.co.jp PG Wing Zero

so ..all along they have made mistake by not follwoing the anime lineart? i am confuse........

so my qn is the anime shown is it a cockpit hatch or...escape hatch? so...GOD, who is right or wrong? i need your ans for clarification, GOD?

Last edited by duotiga; 2007-06-10 at 07:53.
Old 2007-06-10, 08:30   Link #4288
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Why not? Kits have been to compromise accuracy for the sake of model-ification due to anime physics. And certain errors in kits have cause people to the actual MS is such due to their larger exposure to the kits. So the error carried on to the MG kit.

And escape hatches on an MS? That's a new one.
Old 2007-06-10, 08:38   Link #4289
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

i thought they are suppose to conform to the anime? then why wing ver ka also have the same cockpit opening as mg wing zero custom? it shld be below also right?

sorry eh...my absorption rate is kinda slow...can enlighten me somemore? how abt the orignal wing zero?
Old 2007-06-10, 08:54   Link #4290
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Like I said, not everything that is possible in the anime can be done when it comes to turning said subject model. IE Original MG Zeta's head couldn't be retracted into the torso when going into Waverider mode. Until the Ver 2.0 came along.

Heero Yuy. Standing. Location. Background. Self Destruct. 'Nuff said.
Old 2007-06-10, 09:05   Link #4291
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Quote:
Like I said, not everything that is possible in the anime can be done when it comes to turning said subject model. IE Original MG Zeta's head couldn't be retracted into the torso when going into Waverider mode. Until the Ver 2.0 came along.

Heero Yuy. Standing. Location. Background. Self Destruct. 'Nuff said.
ok....as for the last sentence i only remeber correctly is it Wing n not Wing Zero?
Old 2007-06-10, 14:38   Link #4292
Critias

Not to add fuel to this fire or anything, but why DOESN'T a MS have an escape hatch in case of emergencies or something?

I mean, in the case of the aforementioned WZC, the cockpit literally blew apart in Heero's face so I imagined the cockpit controls would cease to work. There's gotta be a manual override somewhere right? Or a hatch blows open if there is one?

And if I recall correctly, in Gundam X, X had sort of a manual override to its cockpit too didn't it? When Jamil manually opened The X's cockpit from OUTSIDE (hello security oversight). I'd think that would be the escape hatch or something similar right?

Anyways, MS's need escape hatches
Critias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-10, 14:43   Link #4293
thephreak

how bout ejection seats?
thephreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-10, 15:34   Link #4294
TraitorJ
Demon of Elru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critias View Post
Not to add fuel to this fire or anything, but why DOESN'T a MS have an escape hatch in case of emergencies or something?

I mean, in the case of the aforementioned WZC, the cockpit literally blew apart in Heero's face so I imagined the cockpit controls would cease to work. There's gotta be a manual override somewhere right? Or a hatch blows open if there is one?

And if I recall correctly, in Gundam X, X had sort of a manual override to its cockpit too didn't it? When Jamil manually opened The X's cockpit from OUTSIDE (hello security oversight). I'd think that would be the escape hatch or something similar right?

I believe every MS has an external hatch control, or else you wouldn't be able to enter it. Yes you could leave the hatch open, but let's say you have a pilot who's unconcious, how do you get them out if there isn't an external control? Gundam 0083 is a good example of showing pilots using these hatches, and most MG models have stickers for the external hatch control.
TraitorJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-10, 15:44   Link #4295
philmein

Just a question regarding the MG Wing Zero Custom. Does anyone own it? How is it? WHat are the flaws?

I'm considering buying that. I know it got a 96 from Dalong which is great, but I need the details on why it lost the 4 points.
philmein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-10, 15:52   Link #4296
thephreak

honestly, i dont read korean so i dont know why it lost 4 points, but i own one and i dont have any complaints about it. it has great posability, although i really hate that it only has 2 weapons..., the saber and the cannon. and its relatively easy to build. i painted my wing zero jet black with silver trim

Last edited by thephreak; 2007-06-10 at 16:04. Reason: add
Old 2007-06-10, 16:06   Link #4297
Fome

Quote:
Originally Posted by philmein View Post
Just a question regarding the MG Wing Zero Custom. Does anyone own it? How is it? WHat are the flaws?

I'm considering buying that. I know it got a 96 from Dalong which is great, but I need the details on why it lost the 4 points.
I just finished putting together this kit yesterday. It is beautiful model, with excellent proportions and gorgeous wings. The wing tips are made with a flexible soft plastic, and the wing mechanism itself is a marvel of engineering. Like most new MGs, the shoulders are able to flex forward, allowing the arms to cross in front of the torso to do the Twin Buster Rifle pose. The knees are very articulate, but the hip joint is not quite as articulate as i wanted, as you cannot make the legs spread apart sideways very much.

There are some inconsistencies in joint strength in the wings. For my kit, some joints on the left or right side were weaker than their opposite counterparts, and it wasn't because I built it poorly. Some supposedly symmetrical pieces are actually off by about a hair, which affects joint rigidity. However, I find this to be a minor issue. You can easily make joints more rigid by padding the connection point (I used the plastic from the bags holding the part trees, lol).

Thankfully, the arms and legs on my kit were adequately stiff. It can hold the beam rifles 90 degrees straight forward with ease. The hands are still the old MG 3 digit hands, and while firmer than others I've seen, I would have preferred several different unmovable hands for holding weapons and posing.

Overall, the final piece is some real eye candy. The small gripes do not detract from it too much.
Fome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-10, 16:29   Link #4298
philmein

Well, it looks like I will be getting it then.

Thanks Fome for a detailed (but not necessary) report, and also, thanks to phreak as well.
philmein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-10, 16:43   Link #4299
thephreak

since were on the topic of askin for suggestions i might as well join. In the near future i will be able to get another kit and i am undecided between the Nu and the Hi-Nu. while i like the simple design and the old-school feel of Nu, i cant deny how nice the Hi-Nu looks either, so can anyone give me suggestions to the pros and cons of the kits? i would just use dalong, but i cant read Korean. besides their only difference is 2points

Last edited by thephreak; 2007-06-10 at 17:23. Reason: grammar
Old 2007-06-10, 16:56   Link #4300
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critias View Post

Escape hatch != Cockpit hatch with manual override. The escape hatch, if there was one, would be seperate and further away from the main one. IE the M60 MBT has a small hatch right at the bottom of the hull and crew compartment.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy