AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-08-24, 00:24   Link #2141
arand017

Hi to you all i've been lurking this thread since late january early february, since page 46 xD .. now thanks to Used Can, Leo Black , Mentar, Hina sama, and all of the spoiler and translaters updated...

Quote:
Aaaaaaahhh!! Why did you remind me that TLR got canceled!?
....WAIT WHAT?
arand017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 00:30   Link #2142
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by arand017 View Post
....WAIT WHAT?

What do you mean WHAT!? NUKE JAPAN!

RRRAAAAAAAAAAGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!1

In other news... two more days for the HnG raw, aye? Can't wait to see how the chapter ends~
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 00:38   Link #2143
arand017

yeah.. two and a half for me..

... so To Love Ru wasn't canceled?
arand017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 01:48   Link #2144
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
In other news... two more days for the HnG raw, aye? Can't wait to see how the chapter ends~
Hopefully, we'll see some development there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arand017 View Post
... so To Love Ru wasn't canceled?
Yes, check the TLR thread in the manga section.
Old 2009-08-24, 02:07   Link #2145
Rah

Meanwhile in an alternate reality ...

Spoiler for Flatchested either way.:
Old 2009-08-24, 02:21   Link #2146
IndoViking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I agree on this, but Hayate leaving Nagi just like that would go against the story. The only way I can see him no longer being Nagi's butler would be if Nagi no longer needs him (i.e. she matures a bit, and for no reason, she's no longer the target of criminals). All the same, I do not really see this happening.
Ah yes, you're right. I guess what i meant was just not continuing life as Nagi butler and that's it. It's fine being Nagi's butler, as long as Hayate has someone else too

OT : and wow, TLR really is ending. There wasn't much story in the last 60-sumthin' chapters of it...
Old 2009-08-24, 02:52   Link #2147
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndoViking View Post
It's fine being Nagi's butler, as long as Hayate has someone else too
It's not as easy as it sounds. As qwertyman pointed it out some pages before, Nagi tends to get in lots of problems, meaning that Hayate has his hands full already with just her. Having a relationship with a girl and being Nagi's butler would be a bit too complicated.

I'm not saying it'd be impossible, personally, I think there should be a way around it, but we'd have to see how Hata makes the story flow, for Hayate to have the chance of going out with a girl.
Old 2009-08-24, 03:05   Link #2148
tsunade666

Its not like the only problem of hayate is nagi. Even if he continue his relationship of butler/master to nagi. His problem just rise one after another when another girl shows up with a problem and end up with him helping it or rather even if it's not a girl. He just attract to much trouble for himself to take care of. And if he start dating a girl will be to much for him if he still continue his butler works.

But I think it will just end with nagi but if the author will make it like ichigo 100% ( which I love ) the other girls has chance. Even if their not the main heroine of the show.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 06:28   Link #2149
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training

I think we're forgetting some rather important facts. The criminals in HnG are complete IDIOTS, do you remember how easily fooled half of them were? If Hayate just teaches Nagi the ways of the world and how to be Genre Savvy like him then she wouldn't need his help half of the time. It isn't unreasonable to think that Nagi isn't going to learn something by the end of the story that frees up Hayate to actually have a life of his own. He deserves that much at least, he never got a chance to be a kid because he was working to support his deadbeat parents (who also stole all of his money) and he can't be a teenager because he has Nagi to watch over. He'd even be missing out on his adulthood because he'll be 60 when his debt is cleared and he'd be penniless since he only erased his debt so he could even retire and settle down then. Something good better happen to him in the end such as ending up in a real romantic relationship sometime, having his debt cleared early (possibly by Nagi, Maria, or some other deus ex machina) and being able to actually have goals and ambitions in life or something nice.

Hinagiku still has a high possibility of being that good thing that happens to him. She has almost always been there for him and in my opinion has the most mature and 'REAL' feelings for him of anyone. I bet if Hayate does explain about Athena then Hina might play a sort of advisor role trying to help him fix things with his original mistress. This would be great as it would be a reversed version of how Hina was helping Ayumu get Hayate even though she liked him herself. In this case it would be Hina helping Hayate get Athena (even if he doesn't love her she'll probably assume that) and secretly wish she could be with him. Last time, it certainly did a lot for Hina's and Ayumu's friendship, so maybe if it happens this way then Hina's and Hayate's relationship might develop more and instead of confessing her feelings for Hayate to Ayumu she'd be confessing her feelings to Hayate in the end. If it's written right it just might work.
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 07:26   Link #2150
Rah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleutao View Post
I think we're forgetting some rather important facts. The criminals in HnG are complete IDIOTS, do you remember how easily fooled half of them were? If Hayate just teaches Nagi the ways of the world and how to be Genre Savvy like him then she wouldn't need his help half of the time. It isn't unreasonable to think that Nagi isn't going to learn something by the end of the story that frees up Hayate to actually have a life of his own. He deserves that much at least, he never got a chance to be a kid because he was working to support his deadbeat parents (who also stole all of his money) and he can't be a teenager because he has Nagi to watch over. He'd even be missing out on his adulthood because he'll be 60 when his debt is cleared and he'd be penniless since he only erased his debt so he could even retire and settle down then. Something good better happen to him in the end such as ending up in a real romantic relationship sometime, having his debt cleared early (possibly by Nagi, Maria, or some other deus ex machina) and being able to actually have goals and ambitions in life or something nice.

Hinagiku still has a high possibility of being that good thing that happens to him. She has almost always been there for him and in my opinion has the most mature and 'REAL' feelings for him of anyone. I bet if Hayate does explain about Athena then Hina might play a sort of advisor role trying to help him fix things with his original mistress. This would be great as it would be a reversed version of how Hina was helping Ayumu get Hayate even though she liked him herself. In this case it would be Hina helping Hayate get Athena (even if he doesn't love her she'll probably assume that) and secretly wish she could be with him. Last time, it certainly did a lot for Hina's and Ayumu's friendship, so maybe if it happens this way then Hina's and Hayate's relationship might develop more and instead of confessing her feelings for Hayate to Ayumu she'd be confessing her feelings to Hayate in the end. If it's written right it just might work.

**Caution: For your own mental health you shouldn't under any circumstance read this post, or reply to it, unless it's about Hayate's tie.**

He has a debt only in his head. Like I said, Nagi paid that with her lunch money. Only he thinks that it's a big deal, and that he's working there to repay it, when he's actually there because she likes him.

Anyway, if I didn't misunderstand some things, then the concept of the manga was sort of different. Nagi was supposed to be Athena, but Hata changed things, and then added a different girl, which took the role of the princess of the Royal Garden.
Changes happen all the time when a manga is being made, and the story put together. So basically what I'm getting at is that everything is fucked up. Every character besides Nagi and Athena is a side character. Athena was added late in the manga, but she plays the role of the original idea. On the other hand Nagi is the main heroine now, and a part of a new (well not new anymore, after all this time..) idea.

So....

Canon ending: Nagi (Royal Garden version) x Hayate / Athena x Hayate

... Wait, now I'm confusing myself here.. Hahahaha wait wait wait.. umm

If it's not something that I just made up from messed logic and made up info, then it's Hayate x Royal Garden girl (Athena atm), but then what purpose has Nagi? ....

.......... Ahhhhhhh, it's hopeless!!

On a side note, which should be discussed with utmost seriousness instead of the above messed up post. Hayate looks totally badass with a tie (most of you know this already, but was it ever discussed what a pimp he is?)

Spoiler for Bit***s don't know bout my gangsta suit!:
Old 2009-08-24, 10:55   Link #2151
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

more importantly is that some Royal Garden I see?
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 22:22   Link #2152
Used Can

He doesn't really have to end up involved with anybody. All the same, I think that's a cheap way to end a story, after all the romantic development there's been.

I tend to be okay with main character x main girl end, but in this manga, doing so would basically trash the type of development they've had so far. They've been like family so far, and that's how I think they should end up as. All the same, this is just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
more importantly is that some Royal Garden I see?
Yes
Old 2009-08-24, 22:31   Link #2153
Tom Bombadil

There is a bonus chapter centered around Chibi Maria. Here is the Chinese name.
负债管家后宫史限定版
Old 2009-08-25, 01:31   Link #2154
IndoViking

And the raw is out guys! Pretty quick this week, reading it right now...

Spoiler for 238:

And 239 becomes very interesting (as if it wasn't already )

Last edited by IndoViking; 2009-08-25 at 01:46.
IndoViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 01:43   Link #2155
Rah

Damn, why does it have to end again with a cliffhanger?!

So the last page was in the spoilers, we just didn't know it was the last one. This can continue in numerous ways. He can clearly tell her, he might just make something up thinking it doesn't concern her and that it's his own problem, someone MIGHT interrupt them now that they are outside, and those lights in the last picture might be car lights of an acquaintance.

Next week... another 20mg dose of cliffhanger. DOC, THIS MEDICATION IS KILLING ME!
Old 2009-08-25, 01:48   Link #2156
IndoViking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Damn, why does it have to end again with a cliffhanger?!

So the last page was in the spoilers, we just didn't know it was the last one. This can continue in numerous ways. He can clearly tell her, he might just make something up thinking it doesn't concern her and that it's his own problem, someone MIGHT interrupt them now that they are outside, and those lights in the last picture might be car lights of an acquaintance.

Next week... another 20mg dose of cliffhanger. DOC, THIS MEDICATION IS KILLING ME!
hahaha very true...Hata-sensei has given us cliffhangers after another for about 2 months now.
Old 2009-08-25, 01:57   Link #2157
zibi88

but well behid hina we see maybe a car comeing.... what if its Athena :P she would notice from it that Hayate is with Hina going outside at night together (and hina in such nice dress)

Maybe she would wonder about if hayate has anyone as his girlfriend.... well she mostly thinks that hayate is now allways with nagi.... and here a supprise hayate is with hina ^^ (it would be funny if athena started to dig up the info about why hayate is working for nagi :P and about girlfriends and stuff :P)

Anyway Nagi & Hamster :P are far away in the museum.... so this light might be Athena's car, Nagi's car to pick up Hina, the Trio again makeing fun of Hina....

Anyway those clifhangers are killers...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 02:17   Link #2158
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleutao View Post
I think we're forgetting some rather important facts. The criminals in HnG are complete IDIOTS, do you remember how easily fooled half of them were? If Hayate just teaches Nagi the ways of the world and how to be Genre Savvy like him then she wouldn't need his help half of the time.
It doesn't matter how stupid they are when most of them have guns.

Just read 238.

What a terrible chapter, nothing happened.
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 02:30   Link #2159
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
There is a bonus chapter centered around Chibi Maria. Here is the Chinese name.
负债管家后宫史限定版
i translated it and it says: "Liabilities, the history of butler harem Limited Edition" but i don't think that holds any significance to the story whatsoever so o well...

anyways, another cliffhanger this week and this is really starting to stress me out thinking what will happen to this week's chapter to the next... i wonder if hata is gonna keep doing this to the next few chapters.

btw, is it just me or is it that maria's face almost identical to hayate for some reason... (in the second to the last page)
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 02:55   Link #2160
tsunade666

Please leave alone those lights on the post. Don't even think of it as a car's front light. Its too much brain damage. They are in the middle of the road where their are post of light and its only natural to have lights behind hina. It adds ambiance and romantic view. Kill the idea of car's light. Its too much to bear it will kill you. And what can I say even though his super gloomy his poker face is still hard to handle even our pink goddess is stunned by it but no worries. Page 10 strikes me hard. WOOO KAWAI! Setokaicho MAX!. even though she show a little bit of feminine side its still troubles her, Just like hina we all know. But really hayate's brain is too much to leveled. I can't say if his maxed dense or what. Poor hinatan...............

Well can't beat the moon goddess on the butler in debt's mind. that's all their is too it.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen