Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-24, 09:32   Link #261
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Controversy View Post
If you want to get real technical, it's Herakles. Yay Greek!
True, but since Moczo intends to adopt in-story myths *cough* Hrunting *cough* I thought I'd suggest the Type-Moon wiki version. Unless of course the wiki version was actually a translation mistake instead of standard issue Type-Moon brand creativity...

[rant]What really bugs me about Disney's version? They turned archer Philocthetes, the man who killed Paris, into a freakin' Satyr [/rant]
Old 2010-10-24, 09:41   Link #262
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
True, but since Moczo intends to adopt in-story myths *cough* Hrunting *cough* I thought I'd suggest the Type-Moon wiki version. Unless of course the wiki version was actually a translation mistake instead of standard issue Type-Moon brand creativity...
I are bone of the bone translation is ungood
Steal my buddy to file my brood
English is not the well known with the translator is also known not to I
endurance mangling above myth of hundred
but names are will never accurate
praying thusly
the not limit with the translation error is works

Something like that? =P
Old 2010-10-24, 09:59   Link #263
LostHanyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
Well mostly I would think it would give him more chances to troll Rin. Her hard, tower-like defense is crumbling, so if she did go to see him, he'd be reaching his hands deep in those crevices of weakness and trying to uproot her. This would be just one more part of her trails to overcome her demons as you've said. Plus you've got a wealth of things Kotomine is hiding from her; her father's killer, how her mother went insane, how he pulled the strings to unhinge her 'uncle' Kariya, I even think he knew what happened with Sakura in the 4th War(I might be wrong, I need to read over Fate/zero again). So much stuff, she's a troll's paradise.
And through all this, he likes Rin quite a bit.

Kotomine is such a glorious bastard...
LostHanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 10:14   Link #264
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
Talkin' about Heracles
Quote:
Talkin' about Herakles

Fair enough. To which all I can say is that I have never seen a translation of this series, be it MirrorMoon's, the official anime, or the official Manga, where he was not called 'Hercules'. Hercules is just... well, the name people use. Everyone knows it's supposed to be Herac(k)les, but nobody actually calls him that.

Also, I liked that Kevin Sorbo thing. It was so delightfully cheesy!
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 10:24   Link #265
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
Well mostly I would think it would give him more chances to troll Rin. Her hard, tower-like defense is crumbling, so if she did go to see him, he'd be reaching his hands deep in those crevices of weakness and trying to uproot her. This would be just one more part of her trails to overcome her demons as you've said. Plus you've got a wealth of things Kotomine is hiding from her; her father's killer, how her mother went insane, how he pulled the strings to unhinge her 'uncle' Kariya, I even think he knew what happened with Sakura in the 4th War(I might be wrong, I need to read over Fate/zero again). So much stuff, she's a troll's paradise.
Well, the daddy issues are probably going to be touched on the most since by deciding to save Sakura, Rin is outright defying/contradicting the ideal and beliefs her father left behind for her when he died. So that's definitely one weakness Kotomine will take great pleasure out of trolling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostHanyou View Post
And through all this, he likes Rin quite a bit.

Kotomine is such a glorious bastard...
Honestly, in the final fight, I'm half tempted for him to actually feel proud of her for coming so far.
Old 2010-10-24, 10:31   Link #266
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
To which all I can say is that I have never seen a translation of this series, be it MirrorMoon's, the official anime, or the official Manga, where he was not called 'Hercules'. Hercules is just... well, the name people use. Everyone knows it's supposed to be Herac(k)les, but nobody actually calls him that.
...can't argue with THAT, I guess Damn the Romans

Quote:
He tossed aside his sword, now useless having pierced the thing's skin even once, and projected a new weapon, a shining golden blade as beautiful as the last weapon had been ominous, and brought it around in a ruthless stab through the thing's spine. Is that enough for one life? Can't be sure, but even if it is it won't slow him for...
Did he actually killed berserker once? And was the golden blade Caliburn?
Old 2010-10-24, 10:35   Link #267
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

If Archer remembers Caster, shouldn't he be able to spam Rule Breaker now?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 10:41   Link #268
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Quote:
Did he actually killed berserker once? And was the golden blade Caliburn?

Hmmm... maybe and maybe? I was deliberately being vague on both so I can more easily screw around with things later .

Actually, on that note, I recall reading somewhere that Godhand regenerates lives if Berserker manages to avoid dying for long stretches of time. Anyone know anything about that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
If Archer remembers Caster, shouldn't he be able to spam Rule Breaker now?
Possibly in his timeline he never saw her Noble Phantasm? We don't know the details. Maybe it was like in Fate or HF where she died very quickly and he never saw the thing, which would mean it isn't in his version of Unlimited Blade Works.
Old 2010-10-24, 10:43   Link #269
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Quote:
Actually, on that note, I recall reading somewhere that Godhand regenerates lives if Berserker manages to avoid dying for long stretches of time. Anyone know anything about that?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAga2AjfZlg

Sorry, that's all I know about Godhand.
Old 2010-10-24, 10:53   Link #270
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Possibly in his timeline he never saw her Noble Phantasm? We don't know the details. Maybe it was like in Fate or HF where she died very quickly and he never saw the thing, which would mean it isn't in his version of Unlimited Blade Works.
Huh? Emiya DID see Rule Breaker in both Fate and HF (proving to be a massive Chekhov's Gun in the latter route). Unless you're refferring to Archer which is just a real mind screw.
Old 2010-10-24, 10:58   Link #271
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Quote:
Huh? Emiya DID see Rule Breaker in both Fate and HF (proving to be a massive Chekhov's Gun in the latter route). Unless you're refferring to Archer which is just a real mind screw.
Well, I was just using those examples to imply similar events, not identical ones. Maybe in Archer's timeline it was like Fate, only Gilgamesh showed up at the house two minutes earlier and killed the Hell out of Caster before she took the knife out. We don't know, so...

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAga2AjfZlg

Sorry, that's all I know about Godhand.
... ... .... ... how... helpful.
Old 2010-10-24, 11:15   Link #272
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Look at the Type Moon wikipedia:
http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/God_Hand

Right at the bottom it says "Due to Ilya's high amount of mana, Beserker's stored lives will also regenerate over time after they are used". So he CAN regenerate his lives but it's not an ability of God Hand.
Old 2010-10-24, 11:19   Link #273
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Quote:
Look at the Type Moon wikipedia:
http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/God_Hand

Right at the bottom it says "Due to Ilya's high amount of mana, Beserker's stored lives will also regenerate over time after they are used". So he CAN regenerate his lives but it's not an ability of God Hand.
Ah, thanks! I probably should have looked there first, considering...
Old 2010-10-24, 14:02   Link #274
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
3) Does Ilya know/thinks the worm is Zoken?
HF implies that Ilya has at least some idea of who Zouken is, yes (and vice-versa...).

Quote:
In that case, wouldn't she know it would be wise to kill him first and foremost and would be worth giving the command spell to do so?
No, because she can't. Smashing his body to pieces can't kill him. If she really tried, she might just be able to force him to possess Sakura, but even that is pretty unlikely.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Hmm, interesting....

So, Sakura is free, reconciled with Rin and treated in at least some sense as her 'equal'? I'm interested to see their relationship. Also, I like how they managed to press-gang Rin into allowing the war....

Quote:
Well... I'd say it depends on Shirou. Rain is a Sakura/Rin story, and Kotomine was important because he was a perfect opposite to Shirou. So I'd say it's cut-able unless you're going to be focused extensively on Shirou's development too, alongside the main plotline. And even then, it depends on how close you want his development to be to what it was in HF, I guess.
Yeah, I'd say it could probably go, if necessary. And, I can certainly see why it would be necessary....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Well, the daddy issues are probably going to be touched on the most since by deciding to save Sakura, Rin is outright defying/contradicting the ideal and beliefs her father left behind for her when he died. So that's definitely one weakness Kotomine will take great pleasure out of trolling.
Yeah, definitely. Kotomine will dig hard at her relationship with Sakura and her father. He never gets much chance in HF, because she never openly cared for Sakura, whereas here he can troll her hard.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-29, 09:01   Link #275
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Just a teensy little semi-update/announcement for Rain, because I feel like it. After a bit of debate, next chapter is going to be a breather chapter before I plunge back into the main story of HF. Originally I wanted to go straight into the story, but now I think it's better to really give the characters a chance to adjust and think about what happened in chapter 3.

Plus, emotionally tormenting Rin is fun.
Old 2010-11-04, 13:42   Link #276
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

I was bored...really bored...

Spoiler for Oneshot nonsense!:
Old 2010-11-06, 23:52   Link #277
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

For those who are interested, chapter 1 of Into The Rain has been posted to FF.net. Please enjoy!
Old 2010-11-07, 02:19   Link #278
Argent Solbright
Vega, The Swooping Eagle

Quote:

I was bored...really bored...

Spoiler for Oneshot nonsense!:

Haha, Really good Too bad this is just oneshot
Old 2010-11-07, 07:09   Link #279
alviam099

I agree it's really good Rate it if it gets enough rate it will be turn into a real fanfiction though it already sounds like a first chapter

alviam099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 07:24   Link #280
Argent Solbright
Vega, The Swooping Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by alviam099 View Post
I agree it's really good Rate it if it gets enough rate it will be turn into a real fanfiction though it already sounds like a first chapter
Exactly what I have in mind.

So Tiresias, can you continue this? Pretty please I don't play assasin's creed but from what I know it will be really cool to see Altair messing up with other servants

Tags
character, discussion, fanfiction