AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-01-07, 22:41   Link #6181
Sekirei07

I wonder if that story will end up in a Needless 0 volume. But how did Blade beat Strom when he didn't even have Doppleganger....
Old 2011-01-08, 03:02   Link #6182
Avvesione

^
Didn't Blade have Doppelganger when he was in the guild with Seto? I'm guessing it'd be around that time period. Perhaps Gravity and Magnetism were affective against Strom.

But that's interesting that Blade met Strom and Voras while they were in Overlord. I wonder where Blade met Mengroze. Perhaps he was in Overlord, too, before becoming friendly and joining the Resistance. But then that'd mean that Mengroze had the scar before he became a doctor for the Resistance.

Thanks for the update js06! Volume 12 must be pretty nice.
Old 2011-01-08, 05:07   Link #6183
Soji

Thanks for the info js06 About volume 12.
This are very interesting info, avvesione this is a good question. Possible that he had doppelganger during that time, after all, we do not know when Blade has s give his doppelganger to Eve. I am beginning to wonder if this continues Yamada and Saten not goin to create another time period ... something like what happened in Princess Resurrection
Spoiler for Spoiler just in case:

and I start to wonder if something similar will not happen with Ann, Yamada, Blade and Eve. But I guess we need to see what happen in the next chapter first to theorize more in this regard.

Last edited by Soji; 2011-01-08 at 14:47. Reason: some correction
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 10:06   Link #6184
Avvesione

^
Actually, looking back at the dates, Blade shouldn't have Doppelganger when he faced Strom. Saten mentioned that Blade should have lost Doppelganger 7 years ago from the present and Blade faced Strom 3 years ago.

So that makes me wonder why Blade would travel alone in a guild with Seto and not Eve. You'd think that Blade and Eve would make a much better team than Blade and Seto. You'd think Blade, with his new body, would want to be around Doppelganger, so Eve could heal him when he was injured. Maybe we'll learn something about that during this memory world arc.
Old 2011-01-08, 14:31   Link #6185
Ynot

^ Perhaps she wasn't able to use Doppleganger well enough to apply in battle or heal others with for a couple of years? Then again, Blade would probably want to stay with her to protect her if that were the case.

Ps. Js06 did Yamada's missing cuffs get corrected in vol 12?

(Found some links to the Needless drama cd's. If anyone else would like to listen to them, pm me. )
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 14:51   Link #6186
Soji

^ this is the fact that is not explained ... especially if we think what Yamada said before finishing in Memory world that Blade was always with Eve and he could not understand why he had not learned Doppelganger by Eve.(ok we know the reason but the fact remains that it is strange that for a time Blade was far from Eve)
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 15:43   Link #6187
js06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
Ps. Js06 did Yamada's missing cuffs get corrected in vol 12?
They did.

Also, it was pretty obvious Strom is huge from the art, but according to his character guide he's 230 cm tall. That's 7 feet 6 inches.
For comparison, Saten is only 190 cm or 6 feet 3 inches.
js06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 17:50   Link #6188
Sekirei07

I guess that punch Strom did on Saten wasn't as exaggerated as the art made it out to be
Old 2011-01-08, 21:21   Link #6189
Voras
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by js06 View Post
Just got my copy of Volume 12!

And here's some information from the Disk Databank sections:

Spoiler:

Cool,Blade Rocks
Voras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 21:24   Link #6190
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by js06 View Post
Also, it was pretty obvious Strom is huge from the art, but according to his character guide he's 230 cm tall. That's 7 feet 6 inches.
For comparison, Saten is only 190 cm or 6 feet 3 inches.
Wow, I didn't realize how towering Strom was. That beats out Blade and Arclight for the tallest characters (at 2m each).

Was there anything else noteworthy in the volume? I'm guessing not since there really wasn't a whole lot of new information besides introducing Strom, Mengroze and Overlord.
Old 2011-01-09, 01:33   Link #6191
shadowii

Hmm here's an idea (though personally its probably wrong and just something that poped into my head)

Saten might try to sabatoge the process and stop Adam from putting part of his brain in eve (therefore eve dies and adam retains his full powers)

Blade had a stigma before this happened and now its gone, plus Saten referred to eve having doppleganger as "YOU STOLE IT!?" wasnt happy

fits about as well as anything else in this crazy series
shadowii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 13:16   Link #6192
Sekirei07

No that can't be because Saten concluded that if this history doesn't go the way it should, than they would be obliterated. Don't think Saten wants to die for that lol
Old 2011-01-09, 14:31   Link #6193
Ca12nag3

Send a message via MSN to Ca12nag3
Anything noteworthy? Well how about the mark on the doctors hand being from someone he healed,

Im voting its Cruz, and he simply doesnt recognize him since hes in Eves girly suit lol
Ca12nag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 14:57   Link #6194
Sekirei07

I wonder about the whole mark appeared on patients hand thing, the image it shows shows that the mark is appearing on the torso, not the hand
Old 2011-01-09, 15:37   Link #6195
Ynot

^ I wondered about that too.

I always use your translations Js06 to enhance my own understanding of japanese(comparing the translations with the raws) and they are great, but are you sure you didn't make a mistake here? When I read it I thought it said a mark appeared on the patients body instead of his hand. I encircled it in the panel below.

I'm probably making a really stupid mistake and you are right after all, but could you look it over once again? I added the panel in which it was said.

Spoiler for needless:

Last edited by Ynot; 2011-01-09 at 19:50.
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 16:04   Link #6196
Ca12nag3

Send a message via MSN to Ca12nag3
The mark went from his *body* wich part it may be to the doctors hand. So i dunno what you mean by hand. Cause it has nothing to do with the patients hand. I didnt even mention the patients hand

So its rather possible that the mark went from patient -> doctor.

The only flash of a patient we know he had was Cruz himself. Thats not coincidence.
Ca12nag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 20:42   Link #6197
js06

The hand thing must have been the editor's mistake.
The translation I provided said this:
Spoiler:
js06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 23:12   Link #6198
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Geez the editor changed that line a fair bit!!

And i agree with ca12 so far the only patient we know of that mengroze had is cruz and now this!! i gotta say im looking forward to when cruz stigmata awakens
Old 2011-01-10, 03:28   Link #6199
Avvesione

^
Thanks for the clarification.

We only know one patient that Mengroze saw and that's Cruz. It's true he's had many patients, but the only one we know that is an important character is Cruz. So if we assume it was Cruz who burned the symbol into Mengroze's palm, the question becomes how. To me, there are 4 ways.

First: Cruz has a Stigmata and that burned itself onto Mengroze. Perhaps the Stigmata is Cruz's fragment which he doesn't understand and could potentially deal with his ability to survive whatever situation he's in. It was a serious wound that Mengroze was treating when the symbol appeared, so it might deal with my theory of Cruz having survivability.

Second: ANn placed a mark on Cruz's body that burned itself onto Mengroze. We've seen ANn put a mark on Cruz's body before. The last time we saw that is when Cruz parted the blackhole with the mark ANn left on his leg. And this wouldn't be the first time ANn used her powers to save Cruz, specifically the gentle hands of light during the PF Blast. If it was ANn who caused the symbol to appear on Cruz's body, the question becomes why.

Third: Akura used her fragment to heat up something on Cruz's body and that burned itself onto Mengroze. This is obviously a weak theory but we do know that Akura has a powerful fire fragment and can heat things from a distance without physical contact. Perhaps she was trying to prevent Mengroze from doing something or whatever.

Lastly: Cruz had a fragment which Mengroze somehow removed and during the process got burned on the hand. Perhaps in order to save Cruz's life on the operating table, Mengroze did something that cost Cruz his fragment.
Old 2011-01-10, 10:53   Link #6200
Sekirei07

There is one problem I see that if it really was Cruz who did the burning.

Mengroze hand should have been bandaged or bleeding because that kind of permanent scar from a burn would have been bleeding or not usable for a while. It seems odd that he was find with continuing treatment for Cruz after that event if it happened. I mean who would want to touch someone that burned the shit out of you. He has shown he is a total coward when he is in danger.

Tags
action, comedy, seinen