AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2013-01-06, 16:11   Link #2301
battle22

Quote:
On the other way I usually don't ike the main chars, that's not the case for Kei and Battler ;p Asshole ? When ? And remember, if he became "badass" in the 6th and 7th arcs, it's because he remembered stuff from previous worlds. He fully used his skill of talking, like Mion's lead and Satoko's traps in Matsuribayashi.
He was a big asshole to Mion, My Fav Char...
Old 2013-01-08, 04:26   Link #2302
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle22 View Post
He was a big asshole to Mion, My Fav Char...

Oh You're exagerating, if you refer to Onikakushi it was mainly the fault of the desease, and if you're talking about the doll, he felt sorry for the whole arc because of that.
TheGuraGuraMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 05:09   Link #2303
battle22

Quote:
Oh You're exagerating, if you refer to Onikakushi it was mainly the fault of the desease, and if you're talking about the doll, he felt sorry for the whole arc because of that.
No, I am talking about Tatarigoroshi, When the loser tried to save Satoko, He was calling Mion a bitch for having a big house and wealthy Family while he had a big house and a wealthy family too, I loved how Rena told him off in that scene. He is stupid and he exagurates everything, Did he honestly believe that a snotty 16 year old like himself would do something usefull at that kind of situation. He was not just mean to Mion, He screamed at Rika and Chie too. He calls everyone useless and he thinks he cares about Satoko the most. That is pretty selfish. He was blaming Tepeis Cameback on his friends and others. Even In Minagoroshi, it was Mions family who saved Satoko, Oryo just needed convincing..
Quote:
if you refer to Onikakushi it was mainly the fault of the desease,
No , Actually , It was a natural reaction at what might one get when something so creppy happened in the village you live.. Plus the syndrome....
Quote:
if you're talking about the doll, he felt sorry for the whole arc because of that.
That , actually was not a assholic behavior and I think he never needed to apologize for that. Mion is a girl, she was hurt, but she knew she was being selfish. But that selfish tears awaked Shion , and Shion blames the doll thing on Keiichi. Keiichi missunderstand (Anyway , I'm pretty sure you know this stuff already but XD still wrote it...)
Old 2013-01-08, 18:57   Link #2304
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

He may have a big house and wealthy family, but his family holds no sway in Hinamizawa. Mion's family does (practically owns the place). His family tries to do something, nothing will happen for Satoko. Mion's family says something, the whole town jumps in. Such is the power of traditional power in regions and families.
Old 2013-01-09, 03:38   Link #2305
battle22

Quote:
He may have a big house and wealthy family, but his family holds no sway in Hinamizawa. Mion's family does (practically owns the place). His family tries to do something, nothing will happen for Satoko. Mion's family says something, the whole town jumps in. Such is the power of traditional power in regions and families.
Keiichi was not talking about the influence of the families in that scene, he was talking about if the house was big enough for Satoko to stay
Old 2013-01-09, 09:31   Link #2306
CrimsonMoonMist

They where all stressed out and without options at that point, I don't think it'd be fair to judge a character from that kind of scene.
CrimsonMoonMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 10:03   Link #2307
battle22

Quote:
They where all stressed out and without options at that point, I don't think it'd be fair to judge a character from that kind of scene.
They were stressed , but only Keiichi was yelling. And this is not the only scene That I don't like him in. As I said, He thinks he cares for Satoko the most and tries to show that with yelling and blaming others for their uselessness.I think he was actually searching for someone to blame ,because he did not want to accept that he can't do anything for Satoko and let's admit it, Killing Tepei, Is not a rational solution (Altho , It was the syndrome here, so I don't blame him at that point), Before he killed Teppei, Or got the idea of killing him he was acting selfish and rude to everyone around him.
Old 2013-01-09, 10:50   Link #2308
TheGuraGuraMan

Shion was exactly the same in Minagoroshi.
Old 2013-01-09, 10:56   Link #2309
battle22

Quote:
Shion was exactly the same in Minagoroshi.
I'm not talking about Shion here, I am talking about Keiichi Meabara and I don't care If Shion did Something similar.But fine , You want to compare . Alright.
I don't like Keiichi when he is a funny-goofy idiot too , He annoys me. But I love Shion , And there is no denying that she is just as selfish as Keiichi . But I like her more than him, Because she does not annoy me and in my Opinion She's actually pretty badass. Don't get me wrong, I never liked those scenes when She was Mean to Mion in Watanagashi and to the rest in Minagoroshi.

Last edited by battle22; 2013-01-09 at 11:06.
battle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 08:41   Link #2310
TheGuraGuraMan

I think we can close the debate here, talking about Shion was a great idea in the end : You like when she's badass but not Keiichi. Those are just preferences. Kei isn't an asshole like you said,you just don't like him ;p
Old 2013-01-10, 09:03   Link #2311
battle22

And who Said I was forcing my opinion on anybody? Keiichi is an asshole in my eyes, and he is especially bad in Tatarigoroshi, Why are you bringing Shion here, Try to justify his actions to others in tatarigoroshi and don't say he was mean because He cared about Satoko or he was in Hinamizawa Syndrome . And as for the Shion thing, did you read what I said? When She acted the same way as Kei , I disliked that.(You should know this the best, since you remember my reaction on that Manga arc you showed me...) So no, Bringing Shion and comparing her to Kei was not a good idea after all. The debate is about Keiichi and Not Shion.. and Yes you are right, I don't like Keiichi and that is what I have been trying to say all this time....Sheesh
Old 2013-01-10, 09:37   Link #2312
TheGuraGuraMan

Kei asshole : Don't like
Shion asshole : Don't like
Kei badass : Don't like
Shion badass : Like

Got what you said, I meant it like that. He may have been an asshole in this part, he's not like that everytime, nobody is perfect. Except Perfect Cell.
Old 2013-01-10, 10:13   Link #2313
battle22

Ehh...I'm done debating about this
Old 2013-01-14, 06:06   Link #2314
Draugur

The "problem" about Keiichi is that he has a big advantage towards others. He can remember his mistakes in the past worlds and can save others from behaving the same way like Rena in Tsumihoroboshi and Shion in Minagoroshi, because he learned from his mistakes. Actually Rena tried to save him in Onikakushi, but we only see it through Keiichi's distorted eyes. Regarding this, you see Keiichi is treated differently from the others, because the educational aspect of the story is focused completely on him.
Draugur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 14:54   Link #2315
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draugur View Post
The "problem" about Keiichi is that he has a big advantage towards others. He can remember his mistakes in the past worlds and can save others from behaving the same way like Rena in Tsumihoroboshi and Shion in Minagoroshi, because he learned from his mistakes. Actually Rena tried to save him in Onikakushi, but we only see it through Keiichi's distorted eyes. Regarding this, you see Keiichi is treated differently from the others, because the educational aspect of the story is focused completely on him.
Keiichi only remembered past worlds once, in Tsumihoroboshi-hen. In Minagoroshi-hen, all the characters were acting to avoid past mistakes, even if they didn't explicitly remember them.
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 08:54   Link #2316
Golden Bug-Hunter

Is this the thread to discuss Hinamizawa Bus Stop?

It's quite interesting from what I've seen so far. Rika and Mion are there but different... but it also looks like there are expies of Battler and Gohda from Umineko.

The reporter looks familiar. Didn't we see someone like him in the 20 years later arc of the Manga for Higurashi? The one with Shion all grown up and a Yakuza queen? Or maybe he's a gender-swapped version of Takano?

I've only read translations of the first 3 chapters but I'm looking forward to more.
Golden Bug-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 18:34   Link #2317
Draugur

The story is very interesting, I also read three chapters. I hope the rest will be translated some time.
Draugur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 03:12   Link #2318
Joly
モエカステル

I don't know WKK-san is still up for translating the rest anymore. Another group might have to pick it up. All I can do is provide RAWs since I own a physical copy of it (both magazines and volume.) Wish I could understand enough to understand the ending and help translate.
Joly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 12:54   Link #2319
TheGuraGuraMan

I own the volume too. The end is pretty wtf btw. I was able to understand most of the stuff, I think, since most of the scenes can be explained with the disease.
Old 2013-06-10, 14:19   Link #2320
SpiritofTheNaiker

I'd be really curious to see the RAW
SpiritofTheNaiker is offline   Reply With Quote