AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-25, 20:36   Link #321
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Heh

I am more interested in Itsuki's and Mikuru's ones. Both are pretty mysterious, so I am curius about the discussion about then.
Old 2009-08-25, 22:21   Link #322
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
PP:
Why only Itsuki got an animated gift? Also, this shot of Yuki is horrible ^^;
The only avatars of Itsuki I had for the sample were animated ones...

Yuki's came from her image song cover (same as Haruhi's).
Old 2009-08-25, 22:28   Link #323
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Yuki's came from her image song cover (same as Haruhi's).
But Yuki image song cover is ugly You should use a new art!Yuki. She is more cute now

I liked Itsuki's image, btw. Just curiosity =P
Old 2009-08-26, 05:02   Link #324
Dr. Casey

I think Nagato's pretty there, actually. If anyone's unflattering it would be Koizumi.

I really like that set of pictures overall, though. Everyone looks fresh and somehow it just makes you want to discuss the characters. Hurry up and make the threads, xris.

Never mind, Crow's making them.

Last edited by Dr. Casey; 2009-08-26 at 06:06.
Old 2009-08-26, 06:25   Link #325
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
So, now that the "new" season is in progress, can we have these threads (plus a generic character thread for the other characters)?
Sorry, didn't see your post until now. Created the new threads as requested.

Note to recent posters: Please remember the purpose of this thread, if you wish to discuss animated gifs or other off-topic matters then please use a VM or PM.
Old 2009-08-26, 13:08   Link #326
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Can I request for a:

The Character Discussion Thread of SOS団 Honorary Adviser : Tsuruya-san ?
Old 2009-08-26, 14:08   Link #327
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That might wait until we see more of her...though that should be fairly soon.
Old 2009-08-26, 14:32   Link #328
Heatth

Exept that 'fairly soon' is also the end of the "season"

I agree, however. Going by the anime, she is still not quite inportant yet. There is no much to discuss about her, yet. However, if the General Characters tread really becomes a Tsuruya tread, then would probably be a good idea giving to her her own tread. It will probably have even more spoilers then the others, though.
Old 2009-08-26, 15:15   Link #329
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'm expecting tomorrow to show Tsuruya again.
Old 2009-08-26, 15:34   Link #330
Heatth

Me too. It wouldn't be enough yet, though. However, she would be still very minor with few things to talk about. The interesting things about her are only shown latter. I tread about her would be really full of spoilers, as it is the only way to talk about her,
Old 2009-08-26, 16:13   Link #331
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I'd like to see a Tsuruya thread. Either now, or a week from now, would be a good time to put it up, I think.

Tsuruya isn't as big as the main cast, but she strikes me as the most important secondary character.

To me, it's kind of...

SOS Brigade (main 5) >>> Tsuruya >> T&K > Ryoko Asakura >>> Everybody Else

For the anime, anyway. For the novels, it's different.
Old 2009-08-26, 16:16   Link #332
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I'd like to see a Tsuruya thread. Either now, or a week from now, would be a good time to put it up, I think.

Tsuruya isn't as big as the main cast, but she strikes me as the most important secondary character.

To me, it's kind of...

SOS Brigade (main 5) >>> Tsuruya >> T&K > Ryoko Asakura >>> Everybody Else

For the anime, anyway. For the novels, it's different.
Are you sure? In the anime she only shows up in 3 episodes and in 2 only making number (baseball and movie). She is awesome but, like Taniguchi, she is pretty irrelevant.

I would say that for now, there is more to discuss about Ryouko then about Tsuruya due to her nature.
Old 2009-08-26, 16:31   Link #333
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Are you sure? In the anime she only shows up in 3 episodes and in 2 only making number (baseball and movie). She is awesome but, like Taniguchi, she is pretty irrelevant.
I think that she's a bit more important than Taniguchi is. She played a neat acting role for Haruhi in Episode00, she had some really nice scenes in "Someday in the Rain", and she was a key baseball player in the baseball episode.

Meanwhile, Taniguchi is just kinda there. He's nice comedic relief, but he doesn't usually add much to the actual plot, whereas Tsuruya does.

Also, Tsuruya's bigger moments are coming up soon in the anime, in all likelihood.

Quote:

I would say that for now, there is more to discuss about Ryouko then about Tsuruya due to her nature.
The problem with Ryoko is that she's more of a mystery than even Koizumi is. I love how Ryoko gives this anime an actual fighting personable villain, but she doesn't show up much at all.
Old 2009-08-26, 16:57   Link #334
Heatth

Quote:
I think that she's a bit more important than Taniguchi is. She played a neat acting role for Haruhi in Episode00, she had some really nice scenes in "Someday in the Rain", and she was a key baseball player in the baseball episode.

Meanwhile, Taniguchi is just kinda there. He's nice comedic relief, but he doesn't usually add much to the actual plot, whereas Tsuruya does.

Also, Tsuruya's bigger moments are coming up soon in the anime, in all likelihood.
I disagree here. Tsuruya has some good momments too, true (I've forgot Some Day in the Rain). But she didn't do nothing important. The story wouldn't change a bit if she wasn't there. Taniguchi is not much better, true, however, he have the role of speaking about Haruhi in the begining and to point aout Kon's weirdness.

And Tsuruya's big momments are more likelly to be in the next season. We don't even know if that scene is going to be there or not. From the anime pov Tsuruya is just a amazing secundary character.

Quote:
The problem with Ryoko is that she's more of a mystery than even Koizumi is. I love how Ryoko gives this anime an actual fighting personable villain, but she doesn't show up much at all.
Well, I never said it would be a productive discussion However, you are right, she didn't showed up enough to deserve a tread. Just saing she deserve more then Tsuruya... (for now)
Old 2009-08-26, 18:26   Link #335
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
... Until there's a Tsuruya-specific thread, please keep discussions of the seemingly-more-focused-upon-than-Koizumi Tsuruya in the general character thread.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-08-27, 00:20   Link #336
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Le` gasp. A Tsuruya thread created by CrowKenobi and he wasn't even online....!!
Old 2009-08-27, 00:23   Link #337
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Can I request there be no more character thread requests? The only remaining character that gets nearly as much focus is Taniguchi, and he really doesn't need his own thread.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-08-27, 00:45   Link #338
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

If he got one, it should be in the Lucky Star threads....
Old 2009-08-31, 21:18   Link #339
KyonisGod

how about a "if you like haruhi, you will like [this or that anime/manga]" thread
Old 2009-08-31, 22:56   Link #340
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

That would be filled with "Eva" and various Eva clones. Because that's all some people seem to see the series as.
Closed Thread