AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2011-01-31, 13:56   Link #41
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Moving this discussion here, about the source of magic and why Hades thinks it's dark.

My initial theory was that demons were the source of magic, but another point was brought up; what if magic was stolen from the "gods" by killing one?

In that light, something else occurred to me; in order for this world to keep it's magic, Edolas had to lose it. What if people from our world gained magic by stealing it from another world or people? Perhaps keeping that world or people in enslavement?

Hades could possibly be trying to punish our world for the huge sin, or destroy the world, so that magic would return to the other place. Or maybe that place no longer exists, and Hades just wants to destroy the world for it's transgression of killing another world/group/god/etc. for magic.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 03:26   Link #42
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
I`m thinking that if zeref is indeed the black dragon slayer. That means there must be be or must have been a light dragon and slayer as well. If not all other dragons and or DSs have to combine their elements. Light being made up of all colors and all. Which also got me thinking that maybe natsu is a bit different from the rest because he keeps eathing different magic. Maybe its forshadowing that one day all other Ds will give him thuer power to be cime light DS slayer. Just speculation of course it could be that fire=light.

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 01:18   Link #43
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Which also got me thinking that maybe natsu is a bit different from the rest because he keeps eathing different magic. Maybe its forshadowing that one day all other Ds will give him thuer power to be cime light DS slayer.
Sounds very possible, the way things are going...but god, I hope you're wrong Natsu is cool and all but already powers up soooo much...would be good to just have everyone do something, besides giving all they got to Natsu. He's already the MC :P
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 09:57   Link #44
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Sounds very possible, the way things are going...but god, I hope you're wrong Natsu is cool and all but already powers up soooo much...would be good to just have everyone do something, besides giving all they got to Natsu. He's already the MC :P
I don't think we've got too much to worry about there. Sure Luxus and Gerard gave their power to Natsu for a fight, but that's readily counter balanced by Natsu+Gajeel vs Luxus, Natsu+Gajeel+Wendy vs Faust, and Team Natsu vs Hades being team battles with everyone attacking and so forth. Not to mention other battles like Gray and Leon vs Racer.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 19:39   Link #45
MariaRianki
Narwhal

Location: Part of the year in Europe, the other part in America.
Y'know, there's one thing I noticed as the series progressed that really got me thinking. A lot of the main characters have had special arcs shocked full of information about their past- Gray got the Deliora arc, Lucy got the spotlight in the Phantom Lord arc, Erza's history was revealed in the Tower of Heaven arc, Wendy stood out in the Oracion Seis arc, and the cats had their moment in the Edolas arc.
Now that Zeref has awakened, I think that it's finally Natsu's turn. Zeref apparently knew Natsu in the past, and he's going to reveal why sooner or later- in the final showdown, perhaps? Either way- I do hope we get to see more of Natsu's past now, after waiting through all these manga chapters!
MariaRianki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 22:36   Link #46
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaRianki View Post
Y'know, there's one thing I noticed as the series progressed that really got me thinking. A lot of the main characters have had special arcs shocked full of information about their past- Gray got the Deliora arc, Lucy got the spotlight in the Phantom Lord arc, Erza's history was revealed in the Tower of Heaven arc, Wendy stood out in the Oracion Seis arc, and the cats had their moment in the Edolas arc.
Now that Zeref has awakened, I think that it's finally Natsu's turn. Zeref apparently knew Natsu in the past, and he's going to reveal why sooner or later- in the final showdown, perhaps? Either way- I do hope we get to see more of Natsu's past now, after waiting through all these manga chapters!
I think there should also be an arc dedicated to Gajeel. There should also be a plot involving his dealings with Raven Tail, and whether or not he actually is on Fairy Tail's side. I mean, that's really not something you can just leave hanging, considering how Raven Tail remains to be one of the threats that must be dealt with. So far, all evidence points to Gajeel really being a good guy, and that's how I'd like for it to be in the end. The last thing I want is some misunderstanding regarding the information of his little espionage mission that only Makarov knows about; at least, it's my understanding that only Makarov knows about it. Then again, depending on how the news is broken out to the guild, it could be the perfect test to see how much Fairy Tail trusts Gajeel, or maybe even how much Gajeel trusts Fairy Tail, or both.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 21:25   Link #47
MariaRianki
Narwhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
I think there should also be an arc dedicated to Gajeel. There should also be a plot involving his dealings with Raven Tail, and whether or not he actually is on Fairy Tail's side. I mean, that's really not something you can just leave hanging, considering how Raven Tail remains to be one of the threats that must be dealt with. So far, all evidence points to Gajeel really being a good guy, and that's how I'd like for it to be in the end. The last thing I want is some misunderstanding regarding the information of his little espionage mission that only Makarov knows about; at least, it's my understanding that only Makarov knows about it. Then again, depending on how the news is broken out to the guild, it could be the perfect test to see how much Fairy Tail trusts Gajeel, or maybe even how much Gajeel trusts Fairy Tail, or both.

Yes! That should definitely appear- though I feel as that should come before Natsu's arc, since the way things typically go is that the main character's problems are resolved in the very end to keep interest in the story going. Gajeel's (friendship?) with Levi is so far one of the only deep things we get about him, and I think that if that Fairy Tail vs. Gajeel thing happens, Levi will be one of the first to declare her trust.
Old 2011-09-09, 21:04   Link #48
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

I want to know

1. Why is Natsu over 80 (From the Laxus Arc)
2. Why does Zeref know him.
3. Why did Lucy's Mom die at the SAME TIME as the dragon disappearing.
4. Where are the last 2 keys.
5. Will lucy ever get Angels other key Calceum

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 19:45   Link #49
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

1. There's a wide variety of theories going around. One of them is that Natsu wasn't just raised by a dragon, but is a dragon. And significantly older than his human appearance appears. Another ties in with 2:

2. The theories on this are varied as well, but my pet theory is that its because he met Natsu in a previous life. Zeref himself said that arcnologia wil change an era. Its possible he knew Natsu from then, though Natsu himself knows nothing of this.

3. Considering we know even less about Lucy's mother, this one is even more guesswork at hand. All we can guess at this point is that she has an important connection to the dragons.

4. The last keys will reveal themselves in time. Little use speculating on this.

5. Maybe. Doubt it though, we would have heard of it by now, and the other spirits volunteered.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 09:48   Link #50
MariaRianki
Narwhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
I want to know

1. Why is Natsu over 80 (From the Laxus Arc)
2. Why does Zeref know him.
3. Why did Lucy's Mom die at the SAME TIME as the dragon disappearing.
4. Where are the last 2 keys.
5. Will lucy ever get Angels other key Calceum
1. Actually, it's not that he's over 80- it's just that he possesses ancient magic (Dragon Slayer) that is far over 80 years old.
Old 2011-09-11, 22:15   Link #51
christinemarie
Crazy One

Purely speculations base from the unanswered questions.
1. Zeref created Natsu and the rest of dragon slayers, as the only ones who can go near him without dying.
2. Zeref is actually Igneel, father, or Natsu's master.
3. Acnologia, dark dragon is the most powerful dragon sealed by the first guild master of Fairy Tail, with Hades intervention the seal is broken, thus unleashing Acnologia.
4. Zeref created the seven dragons of each element. (Air, Metal, Fire, Ice, Earth, Dark, and Light) with their limited time of conscience, they trained seven chosen ones with dragon magic for the purpose of having a chance to defeat them when the time comes.
5. It is going to be revealed that Lucy is the light dragon slayer, Erza is the dark dragon slayer, Gray is the ice dragon slayer. A new character would appear as the earth dragon slayer.
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 21:46   Link #52
drimof87

Another question

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I've never really taken note of plot holes or poor planning and stuff like that in fairy tail until Lisanna got "resurrected", not that I'm complaining about getting to see Lisanna in future arcs though. But lately, I've been flipping randomly through my manga, especially relating to the current anime arc, and all these stuff start to jump out at me, and bring me alot of questions...

Just on the top of my mind, in Nirvana arc, Racer was asked to bring Jellal's body back because he's the fastest. Now we all know that Racer's magic is to slow the people around him, so does that mean the rest of Oracion doesn't know that?

Wendy eats air. Doesn't that mean, unless the opponent actively removes air from the surroundings or trap her in a vacuum, Wendy is like "immortal", since she can always recover or power up by eating the air around her?
I have another problem maybe i missed it, but Natsu can't use magic in the alternate dimension, then suddenly or magically(pun) can after being caught and having his magic sucked out of him... (!?!)
drimof87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 22:18   Link #53
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by drimof87 View Post
I have another problem maybe i missed it, but Natsu can't use magic in the alternate dimension, then suddenly or magically(pun) can after being caught and having his magic sucked out of him... (!?!)
He took medicine. Medicine can do stuff to a man in ways you don't want to know about.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 22:36   Link #54
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
He took medicine. Medicine can do stuff to a man in ways you don't want to know about.
The magic was sucked out of him before he took the medicine. The previous statement had a point...

I like to think (and this is only my own personal speculation) of it as the medicine only unlocks the magic within them, or else what's to stop anyone from Edolas from just taking the medicine and then using magic in there own bodies like the Exceed. This would also explain why Lisanna was pulled back to Earthland even though she never took the medicine.

My real problem is how come Mystogan was able to come up with such medicine, after all since he's from Edolas it's clear he never had magic but his staffs did. If venturing a guess he soaked the staves in the medicine to recharge them when they ran out of magic or something. Or maybe it's some kinda healing potion for the Exceed and Mystogan just realized it would work for those from Earthland too. So something like Edolas just shuts off there magic since the rules of that world state humans can't use magic but then the potion kicks in and bypasses the rule...

I'm willing to venture a guess this question was addressed in the Q&A in one of the later volumes of the manga, sadly though it just hasn't been translated into English yet. Since Mashima has clarified other inconsistencies before in the Q&A section.
Old 2011-10-22, 08:58   Link #55
drimof87

Thanks Immblueversion and Ryus that part I must have missed. It was a while ago when I saw that arc. I did speed through it purposefully, I wasn't happy with the whole alternate dimension and pretty much wanted them to get back asap. Not that I'm saying it was a bad idea, it just wasn't exactly what I would have wanted.
Old 2011-10-26, 18:14   Link #56
sergel02

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post
Purely speculations base from the unanswered questions.

5. It is going to be revealed that Lucy is the light dragon slayer, Erza is the dark dragon slayer, Gray is the ice dragon slayer. A new character would appear as the earth dragon slayer.
I actually like this one. But how do you know there are 7 elements; unless i missed something. Because Laxus & Cobra are lightning and poison, although the new generation type. Also Hiro stated something about a water dragon, but that could be related to ice, dunno.

Anyway, it'd be cool to see Lucy as one and gain some powers, though i don't know how that would work without Mashima pulling something out of his butt. The old types were trained by dragons and the new types got implanted with lacrima. The only hopeful sight is how Lucy's mother died at the same time the dragons left. I really, REALLY, REALLY hope they are related, and not just Hiro's love for 7. Makes me wonder though, since powers aren't mutually exclusive right? Cuz people like Markorov, Hades and Jellal have multiple powers. So in Theory Lucy could do, especially since she used Urano Meteoria...once.

I talk too much about this show, lol.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 23:52   Link #57
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
I actually like this one. But how do you know there are 7 elements; unless i missed something. Because Laxus & Cobra are lightning and poison, although the new generation type. Also Hiro stated something about a water dragon, but that could be related to ice, dunno.

Anyway, it'd be cool to see Lucy as one and gain some powers, though i don't know how that would work without Mashima pulling something out of his butt. The old types were trained by dragons and the new types got implanted with lacrima. The only hopeful sight is how Lucy's mother died at the same time the dragons left. I really, REALLY, REALLY hope they are related, and not just Hiro's love for 7. Makes me wonder though, since powers aren't mutually exclusive right? Cuz people like Markorov, Hades and Jellal have multiple powers. So in Theory Lucy could do, especially since she used Urano Meteoria...once.

I talk too much about this show, lol.
Rave Master, Mashima's previous work, had 7 elements that I recall. (lighting, fire, sky, iron/metal, posion, light and darkness... each had a close name like lightning was thunder, I think darkness magic was space magic, and light was grand chariot or something like that) I seem to recall someone speculating on another site about this being related to the 7/7/777 stuff

Of course the elements Earth, Ice, and Water are in FT too, so who knows... or maybe I'm going mad and Rave had 8 elements and water/ice was that final element. Time was also a magic used by the element mast in Rave (the Jellal look alike Sieg Hart, or should I say Jellal is his look alike), however it wasn't an element though if I recall taking someone out of time was part of darkness/space magic. I could just be getting really mixed up, sorry

I read Rave about a year ago and found it way more childish and only gave it a single read. So I'm sure someone who enjoyed Rave far more than me might correct one or two points about what I believed where the elements in Rave, sorry in advance if I was wrong. I tried to look this up on line prior posting this but Rave was big long before forums where that popular for posting stuff about anime/manga and/or those sites up then are now gone, so there was little of there for me to reference

----

Now Lucy uses spirit magic... but since dark/black magic seem to equal death it makes sense this could make spirit magic equal light/white magic. Though to be honest I'm not sure I see Lucy shooting out beams of light anytime soon... since she's a holder type mage and not an ability type. However her being the Light DS or having the potential to become it might be why the Spirit King came when Lucy threatened to change the law to save Loki... then again it just maybe because Spirit magic is nakama powered and Lucy did something uber power of nakama

Anyways as to the post you where replying to I don't think Erza will be the Darkness DS, after all Zeref uses black magic and is called the black mage. Erza uses holder magic not caster type and after going up against Jose using darkness magic I doubt Erza could stomach using the same type of magic since she hated his magic and found it truly evil/vial. She'd make a decent Earth mage since earth typically is equated with defense and that is what she fights for, defending her friends. She could also be a decent true Poison DS since blades have been can be poison tipped since forever and she wouldn't use it to kill knowing her... though I do see her using poisons that inflict pure pain on bad guys (Gerard/Jellal could be which ever of the two she is not and Juvia become the water DS and Gray the Ice DS for those that want the main cast all becoming DS). That said I think she and many of the others would make a better non DS mage... it'd be kinda lame to have the whole main cast become DS . Plus then there would be all the questions of what happened to the real/original DS of those elements.
Old 2011-10-27, 10:19   Link #58
drimof87

What i don't want to happen is the guild somehow becoming outlaws to the council/government. I think that the timeskip did a nice job of avoiding such a possibility. I mean the council let Fairy Tail run amok for years. Now with seven years of nothing, it makes it easy for them to continue doing their thing for awhile.

I also hope the council hasn't changed alot. I don't want them to be more evil or under Zeref's control/command.
Old 2011-10-27, 18:11   Link #59
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
It's interesting that I can't really guess where this is going now. There have been quite a few twists and turns that I didn't see coming. It all depends on what the world is like, which we'll hopefully learn in the next few chapters. Kinda surprising for a shonen manga to not be so predictable, heh.

Anyway, I think Zeref is the black Dragonslayer, perhaps the first one. And perhaps it was done incorrectly, and thus why Zeref is a problem now. The rest of the dragons finally decided to do something about it, but since they couldn't interfere directly (for some reason), each one of them trained a human. They probably didn't use the method Acnologia did when he created Zeref, so Natsu, Gadjeel and Wendy aren't as strong yet.

To answer the 80+-year-old mystery, it might be that Zeref was confined to the island 400 years ago, but that they knew he'd break out someday. So the dragons put their charges into sleep or stasis, making them wake-up during the time period they knew Zeref would leave the island.

Now if only I could figure out how Lucy's mom fits into all of this...

I do think Mavis knows about all this (probably needed her cooperation to confine Zeref to the island). Would also explain why Makarov knows about a prophecy regarding 3 DS's coming to Fairy Tail. Question is, how much does Makarov know? And why hasn't he said anything?
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 00:22   Link #60
Etheral

After reading the new chapter I'm kind of hoping that Natsu/Gajeel get beaten easily or at least the guild finds things a lot harder for themselves. I'm glad there's more story to the and some answers are being given, however slowly.