AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Old 2013-04-21, 17:29   Link #161
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The liberal Arts city story is actually rather short.

Put it through the Index machine and you can squeeze it into 3 episodes.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 18:20   Link #162
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The liberal Arts city story is actually rather short.

Put it through the Index machine and you can squeeze it into 3 episodes.
But, since it is Railgun material it easily can pass on 4 or 5 episodes by adding some stuff here and there .

Now, seriously, they can't leave out LAC story if they really want to adapt Daihasesai arc because of their connection.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 20:37   Link #163
whitecloud

Haaaa....I'm still hoping for Russia arc...I want to see Lezzar, the case seems interesting too...screw the time line...
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 21:17   Link #164
tsunade666

Russia? what is the timeline when Mikoto met New Light?
Old 2013-04-21, 21:18   Link #165
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Russia? what is the timeline when Mikoto met New Light?
Before Index Vol.1.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 21:27   Link #166
Haigon

It's on July 1st
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 07:53   Link #167
icebreaker

Quote:
Do you know how ridiculous that sounds?

She's NOT a major character to begin with. The credits are listed according to the episode and she is a minor character in this episode.

You're probably the first person I've ever known to judge characters by when they appears in the credit, congratulation!
The credits are listed according to the episode. That sounds great, please explain why Touma is placed 5th (From the official site he's actually placed 6th, behind Misaka Sisters who didn't appear this episode). If Shokuhou will have a major role later in the season she'll at least be placed behind Touma, not behind Edasaki.

We'll see at the end of the season whether Shokuhou will even appear again.
icebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 08:05   Link #168
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Make up your mind, are you referring to the credits in the episode or in the official site?

Either way Touma is a known main character, Misaka Imouto is also a known character in the Anime, Misaki on the other hand is a brand new character regardless of how important she is in the setting.

I'll throw this back at you; why bother putting her in the OP then? And it's not a cameo split second shot like Index in the last Railgun OP. Misaki may have a following, but she's not yet that big enough.

And if she is, then you can bet they'll give her more than just one episode.
Old 2013-04-22, 08:10   Link #169
icebreaker

Quote:
Make up your mind, are you referring to the credits in the episode or in the official site?

Either way Touma is a known main character, Misaka Imouto is also a known character in the Anime, Misaki on the other hand is a brand new character regardless of how important she is in the setting.

I'll throw this back at you; why bother putting her in the OP then? And it's not a cameo split second shot like Index in the last Railgun OP. Misaki may have a following, but she's not yet that big enough.

And if she is, then you can bet they'll give her more than just one episode.
The ending character credits list goes with the official site listing, almost always in every anime. You'll see when Misaka Sisters appears she'll be listed ahead of Touma and behind Saten.
My 2 cents on her in the OP? To promote NT7. She might appear in more than one episode, but Daihasesai arc is impossible. Either way we'll see at the end.
Old 2013-04-22, 08:13   Link #170
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebreaker View Post
My 2 cents on her in the OP? To promote NT7.
You might as well say that the entire Railgun is to promote NT7.

Mikoto would have gotten far more attention than her.
Old 2013-04-22, 08:17   Link #171
icebreaker

Quote:
You might as well say that the entire Railgun is to promote NT7.

Mikoto would have gotten far more attention than her.
No, I think the plan to change the timeline and make her appear in episode 1 is specifically targeted to promote NT7. The entire Railgun is to promote the Toaru series in general.
Old 2013-04-22, 08:18   Link #172
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
No, I think the plan to change the timeline and make her appear in episode 1 is specifically targeted to promote NT7. The entire Railgun is to promote the Toaru series in general.
...Or you know, it could also be promoting the Railgun manga, since that's where the scene came from.
Old 2013-04-22, 08:23   Link #173
icebreaker

Quote:
...Or you know, it could also be promoting the Railgun manga, since that's where the scene came from.
The whole Railgun anime promotes the Railgun manga... It's no coincidence Shoukuhou appears in episode 1 and will have her arc in NT7. It's a marketing tool.
Old 2013-04-22, 09:05   Link #174
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
The whole Railgun anime promotes the Railgun manga... It's no coincidence Shoukuhou appears in episode 1 and will have her arc in NT7. It's a marketing tool.
Scripts are completed 6 months before the anime airs. You mean to say that Dengeki Bunko forced Director Nagai to include Misaki in episode 1 specifically for an arc for a novel's release 7 months ahead of time? I have my doubts. When you first posted, we had seen 1 episode of 24 with knowing the titles of the first four episodes and nothing more. It's impossible to judge once scene's importance after only viewing the first of 24 episodes knowing how things are altered for anime purposes. This episode introduces her as a character none of the anime watchers have seen, thus she's credited in a minor role for this episode like Chaos said.

There's jumping to conclusions and then there's leaping off a cliff after you hear one word of a sentence. Let's see what comes later before saying what role one scene has in the greater scheme of things.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 10:31   Link #175
Clarste
Human

Regardless of why they put her in episode, it'd be simply bad writing not to use her in future episodes. We've already seen anime-only viewers anticipate some sort of conflict with her, which is only reasonable. While it's unlikely that they'll animate the Daihasei arc, it's not hard for them to put her in some filler episodes.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 11:06   Link #176
icebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Scripts are completed 6 months before the anime airs. You mean to say that Dengeki Bunko forced Director Nagai to include Misaki in episode 1 specifically for an arc for a novel's release 7 months ahead of time? I have my doubts.
Easy, Kamachi planned NT7 ahead of time too. They (anime staff, dengeki staff, kamachi) could have discussed over this before they started producing the anime script.
Old 2013-04-22, 11:39   Link #177
whitecloud

you do know kamachi legend right? by the time one LN go to his editor to be published... he already has 2 LN story finished already so by the time NT7 come out NT8 and NT9 is actually already finished just awaiting ilustration and some editing...he even have time to finish draft for the manga, manage additional LN, create additional story that can be adapted for game, movie, SS..his editor is practically crying from overwork...and the illustrator is...hehe
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 16:19   Link #178
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Easy, Kamachi planned NT7 ahead of time too. They (anime staff, dengeki staff, kamachi) could have discussed over this before they started producing the anime script.

If they could plan something 6 months ahead of time you would think they would come up with something bigger if they really wanted to sell Misaki

Your argument is forced as hell at this point.
Old 2013-04-22, 17:03   Link #179
Rovert10

This is Kamachi we are talking about though. So it isn't that ridiculous.
Rovert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 18:45   Link #180
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovert10 View Post
This is Kamachi we are talking about though. So it isn't that ridiculous.
This isn't about Kamachi.

Let me ask you this- if you were in charge of planning this railgun season and you wanted to promote Misaki for the new book, would you have settled for a small scene like that or would you have dedicated the focus of the episode to her and have her do more? You're already making it an original so that isn't a problem.

And remember if this was true, you had 6 months of planning ahead of time.