Old 2012-01-29, 07:13   Link #2081
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
God im sick of this show

Its just Ades pwing everyone week after week
Should you even be surprised, as it's been established from the start that the country is THE predominant power on the continent? It has the manpower, resources (from the nations it annexed) and the will to simply trample anything in the skies set against it. And now that they have an Exile, well...

Interestingly enough, it would be funny if somehow the protagonists learn ALL of the Turan Exile's Mysterium. That would be an ironic way of ending its threat: by reactivating it and returning it to its colony ship form (the form we see right now is just the defensive cocoon).
Old 2012-01-29, 07:45   Link #2082
Joachim1167

Quote:
God im sick of this show

Its just Ades pwing everyone week after week
Spoiler for Hang in there:
Joachim1167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 07:54   Link #2083
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Im not gonna drop the show but whenever things start to go well Ades shows up and destroys everything, atm im thinking wats the point.
sighs

im hoping Fam has control over a exile later.
Old 2012-01-29, 08:24   Link #2084
Joachim1167

Quote:
Im not gonna drop the show but whenever things start to go well Ades shows up and destroys everything, atm im thinking wats the point.
sighs
It'll just make it that much sweeter when our Heros finally overcome the bad guys.

Quote:
That's...kind of scary, actually.
Old 2012-01-29, 08:41   Link #2085
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim1167 View Post

That's...kind of scary, actually.
.........................it is pretty scary now that i think about it.......
Old 2012-01-29, 10:25   Link #2086
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I can't help feel a little soryy for Sara Augusta as well as all the other victims. I mean she's basically just a child being tossed around as everyone's casus belli and she's going to have a hard time accepting the amount of sufferring that's been done under her name (assuming she doesn't meet an unfortunate end which would be incredibly unfair).
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 15:40   Link #2087
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Quote:
sighs

she'd just use it for racing other exiles.
Old 2012-01-29, 15:53   Link #2088
Joachim1167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
That would be an interesting Grand Race.

Start. Two times around the Earth. Three times around the moon. Back to Earth for a couple more laps. Finish. Superluminal Drive activation not permitted during race (That means YOU Fam).
Old 2012-01-29, 15:55   Link #2089
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
now that's a Grand race!

it's obvious Ades is gonna get what's coming to it soon. there's no one left to crush (Anatoray can't be destroyed for obvious reasons). so just enjoy the ride
Ascendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 16:45   Link #2090
MeggieMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
stormwaltzing: LOL And I thought that the scene in the Silver Wing manga was a fluke, but according to the Linkage concepts Liliana really did go commando. Ooh.
I thought it was clear Lilliana was naked in that first scene in the show, when she's doing those rites in the Grand Lake. The impression that scene left me with was it was some sort of fertility/pagan religious type of thing she was doing and she was having ritual sex with the lake. Lilliana's design reminds of Maxfield Parrish/Art Nouveau style and that always conjures up Greek goddess type things in my mind (if they're dressed like Lilliana was in that scene).

BTW, talking about rituals - I meant to mention two episodes ago that I think the reason Millia had the reaction she did when she saw Dian kill the goat was that what Dian did was similar, if not the same thing, Lilliana was doing at the lake (barring the naked communing with the lake part). I think the fact she was doing those rites, as well as doing them with blood, instead of water, was what 'shocked' (for lack of a better word) Millia. Actually, when you think about it only Turan and Glacias have been shown to do rituals like that so far. We've been told through the story that the Glacian's have a religious connection to their Exile but what Turan's background on the subject is hasn't really been mentioned. On the other hand the Sky Pirates, while having rules they follow for things like deaths, don't seem to have a similar rites/religious type thing going and Antoray didn't either. Actually, Antoray seemed to have some sort of pseudo Vatican thing going on with the Guild (i.e. the Guild felt, to me at least, like it had a pseudo religious trappings around it) but it wasn't portrayed as being a pseudo religious body. What I'm trying to say here is that while the Guild held a highly important position in the Antoray/Disith Prester, they didn't act like a religious body. They didn't seem to have any rites that the Antoray populous was doing or did there seem to be any related religious activity in Antoray (I don't remember churches, temples or that sort of things ever mentioned). Now how that played out on the Disith side, isn't clear. I don't think the original series ever showed enough of how they did things to know what they believed, but I don't remember Antoray having these types of rites at all. So I'm curious why some groups have them and others do not, at this point. It's probably as simple as they are just from different parts of the planet and not a big deal but Millia's reaction seems to suggest it may be a "deal" of some sort, big or not (could just be a connection between the Turan's and the Glacians that Millia didn't know about).

Quote:
And again the eye colors are apparently important! Funny how Dian immediately recognized how Vasant was from Keios just from her purple eyes.
I still haven't seen this episode but I do want to say I didn't say eye colors weren't important at all, just that they might be over stated in the case of the Guild and who had Guild blood. Vasant's eyes being purple is an important thing - purple eyes are not normal among humans in general. The most famous person in recent times with purple eyes was actress Elizabeth Taylor and it was mentioned in her obituary that her purple eye color was thought to be caused by a rare mutation (Ms. Taylor also had two sets of eyelashes!). So it would be notable to have entire group of people with purple eyes such as Chaos. It makes me wonder just where Chaos was from originally?

Anyway, back to the Guild eye color issue, going off of Vasant's ears (which you can see in the ten years ago flashback) Vasant is baseline human. We've also not seen any Guild people with purple eyes, so I'm not sure if this answers any questions about the Guild but it does open up more questions about who Chaos was to begin with. Could they be the U.K, U.S. or Canada?? I'm wondering about this being the Prestor for some of these countries because that is where Ms. Taylor was born. If the purple eyes are inspired by her they might be thinking of her origins and Elizabeth Taylor was born in the U.K. of parents who were originally from Kansas (another interesting tidbit from her obit!). If someone on the staff doesn't realize the eye coloration is actually rare in all humans and thinks it some sort of English thing (or ran into the urban legend about Alexandria's Genesis, which is some sort of idea that's gone viral and people don't realize it's originally posted off Daria TV show fanfic site ), they might be using it as a clue to where she is from (plus I'm still thinking everyone is upside down to where they are really suppose to be and Chaos was said to be in the South. If South was really North it could work).
MeggieMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 17:27   Link #2091
azarhal

Gonzo published the map, but I find it too small...
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 18:30   Link #2092
stormwaltzing
Little Master

On Chaosian eyes:

Spoiler for herp:
Old 2012-01-29, 22:00   Link #2093
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Should you even be surprised, as it's been established from the start that the country is THE predominant power on the continent? It has the manpower, resources (from the nations it annexed) and the will to simply trample anything in the skies set against it. And now that they have an Exile, well...

Interestingly enough, it would be funny if somehow the protagonists learn ALL of the Turan Exile's Mysterium. That would be an ironic way of ending its threat: by reactivating it and returning it to its colony ship form (the form we see right now is just the defensive cocoon).
It's still a mystery into why all the Exiles take the same shape in cocoon form when Anatoray's Exile is so much different. This just furthers my theory that Anatoray's Exile is "special" and perhaps much more advance than the rest of the Exiles.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 22:28   Link #2094
TheKage

Well at the moment I'm assuming that Anatoray's Exile isn't in as dormant a state as the other Exiles. I think we have seen it in the moon form? I could've sworn remembering the 5/6 moons included Anatoray's at some point.

Will other countries' Exiles come into play as Glacies's Exile had? Will we get the Chaos one? Doubtable since we might be under the impression that she's not a Key and other Chaosian expatriates might be dead? The aspect of her being the "last" is weird. It's probably "last Chaosian in the Ades' employ" but will we have that possibility of seeing the other Exiles hovering as moons come around?
TheKage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 22:40   Link #2095
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
TheKage: That's the thing. Anatoray's Exile's cocoon form isn't in the shape of a crescent moon; instead it's like a gigantic peanut, close in shape to Disith's old battleships. This, aside from how lithe and smaller the 'Last Exile' seems to be, is what makes many people think that Anatoray-Disith's colony ship is different or much more special than everyone else's.
Old 2012-01-29, 23:22   Link #2096
MeggieMay

You know I've had a question about the moon Exiles that's been nagging me as well. While I figured the Exiles might change shape once they were sitting in orbit around the planet vs the Prester (the moon shape wouldn't really work in a hour glass space ship all that well and I seem to remember Antoray's Exile looking moonish shape once it took off towards home at the end), I have been wondering - where in creation has the real moon gotten off too?! We've never seen any of the "moons" change phases so what we're looking at seems to be just Exiles but then where is the actual moon? Did it go AWOL like in Space 1999 (old SF TV shows from the 1970s)? If so, that should have caused havoc with the tides (among other things). Then again, having that many Exiles that show up like moons could, I think, theoretically also cause problems. Of course, what I said about the Exiles changing shape does warrant the question of whether they can self repair. If so, Turan's may look perfectly fine next time we see it. It's scary how high tech the civilization that built the Exiles was compared to where they are now.

Hopefully I can get back to the thread in the next few days, after I see the episode, and talk about some of the other things that have come up this last week in the thread. In particular the comparisons between LE: Fam and GSD have been quite interesting, once it moved got off the Shinn vs Fam stuff Personally I'd take Fam over Shin's negative stuff any day of the week (at least Fam isn't obsessing over her sisters voice mail answering machine message ), and as well I think GSD and LE: FAM have some fundamentally different issues going on with what is potentially wrong with them. However, the whole Fam as a protagonist that isn't one, but instead Fam being more of the viewers point of reference, is something I'd been thinking about right before it came up here. I also think the shows do seem to share some sort of comparable issues because I find myself thinking of GSD quite a bit while watching LE: FAM but I think that could have something to do with both being sequels and/or both coming from some sort of similar mind set (maybe a Japanese perceptive on similar issues explored in both shows?)

As well, I'm tired of just how over powered Ades has been. I don't think it is out of line with how the show set up for Ades to be this way, I just don't think it is all that interesting to have the "bad" guys just steam roll over everyone the way they have. Having them this over powered is making me wonder if I should really care about any of the "good guys" because it's clear the "bad" ones will win no matter what happens. Then there is the issue of how some of the characters are getting around the planet so darn fast. While the area of the planet they seem to be in in the show seems to be roughly the size of the North American continent (or North America and a half and keep in mind the continent includes both North and Central America (Wiki throws in Greenland but I don't remember that being included so I'm not sure where Wiki is coming from on that) and they are using Vanships most of the time to get around, it does seem really fast at times for some of the characters. Someone mentioned Vasant in this episode but I thought Alauda getting back to Ades from Antoray as fast as he did was really crazy fast as well.
MeggieMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 00:04   Link #2097
The Based

Episode 13

Sorush will be disappointed to find out that Fam had already recruited all the Glacies girls to her harem. Aha, Luscinia is counting the beads as the provincial fleets are annihilated.

Episode 14

At first I thought I had missed an episode but it seems the animation budget did not permit the exile clash being seen.

That's it! It's going to take drastic measures to deal with these pirates. Come here Liliana. You have one more job to do. Speaking of her, due to Fam's pesky protests Millia may just have to settle on sending Liliana a vaguely sexual letter and a bag full of duck heads. She'll get the message eventually.
The Based is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 03:25   Link #2098
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
It's still a mystery into why all the Exiles take the same shape in cocoon form when Anatoray's Exile is so much different. This just furthers my theory that Anatoray's Exile is "special" and perhaps much more advance than the rest of the Exiles.
Well, the show's title is "Last Exile" i.e. Anatoray's Exile.

Color the Last Exile's hull grey and it might pass as Startrek's Starfleet starship i.e. to quote Scotty, "I'd like to get my hands on her ample nacelles if you'll pardon the engineering parlance" ... and I'm not refering to Alvis.

Notice the two large nacelles (engines) like structures on Anatoray's Exile.

Looks like an oversize Sabre/Sovereign hybrid class starship..
encia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 09:38   Link #2099
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

The OST is really beautiful...that track when they were racing....

Anyway, I wonder what's the relation between Glacies and Chaos....

You know if you take all the crescent moon Exiles and link them, you get one giant orbital ring that may be the counterpart of the Anatoray starship...
Old 2012-01-30, 09:51   Link #2100
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Gonzo published the map, but I find it too small...
Anyone still identified where on Earth that is? Can be the Black Sea for all I know...

Tags
adventure, science fiction