AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-12-08, 22:02   Link #841
Trogdor Jube
Back at it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
so i just watched a best of 5 where 3 of the matches were won by time out. how exciting this game is. good freaking job aksys
The only person who needs to win by time outs are Rachel, other then that, I don't see a problem with people winning by time outs.
Old 2009-12-08, 22:10   Link #842
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor Jube View Post
The only person who needs to win by time outs are Rachel, other then that, I don't see a problem with people winning by time outs.
clarify for me, you mean you don't see people winning by time outs or you don't see a problem (something wrong) with people winning by time out?

and yeah, you can change the time to unlimited, but then who the heck wants to play round lasting more than a minute and a half anyways? if you can't win in that amount of time, 1. you're bad or 2. something is wrong with the game. i'm leaning towards the latter, since the new guard system and damage nerfs pretty much changed the game entirely. something that made the first game special was the ability to straight out kill someone 25-30 seconds if you knew what you were doing.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 02:30   Link #843
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
so i just watched a best of 5 where 3 of the matches were won by time out. how exciting this game is. good freaking job aksys
Mind giving me link? Unless I see with my own eyes...
Old 2009-12-09, 02:40   Link #844
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwSffcYL_MM

i just ranted on DL about how this game won't be fun. haha..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2009-12-09, 04:08   Link #845
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
i just ranted on DL about how this game won't be fun. haha..
Where? What thread?

Edit: Okay, I found it. And Antihippy and zaeris gave you a sound response.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2009-12-09 at 06:21.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 07:07   Link #846
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Does it has anything to do with almost one third of their hit just don't connect?
If you want to have fun, don't be a scaredy cat. Most of the timed out matches I see are either:
- Rachel player.
- Spend too much time hitting the air.
- Scared of getting hit/losing and just back away.
Old 2009-12-09, 07:29   Link #847
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

A lot of the whiffed hits are to make it harder for the opponent to approach, and the rest are because the attack was dodged. And these guys are pros; it's kind of silly to imply that they're being wimps just because they're not playing as recklessly as a newer player might.

Personally, I'm also happy about the damage nerf. Face it, if your opponent goes down in 25 seconds, you know what you're doing, but they probably don't. And if you're fighting an incompetent, I doubt it'll take that much longer in this game, either.

It would also be kind of unfortunate if a single taunt loop could kill you off...
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 10:16   Link #848
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
A lot of the whiffed hits are to make it harder for the opponent to approach, and the rest are because the attack was dodged. And these guys are pros; it's kind of silly to imply that they're being wimps just because they're not playing as recklessly as a newer player might.
I know that, and I know all the players in the vid, but just that certain vid that I quoted above, show that they don't play seriously, because it seems like they are still experiment with the character. It's like he just chose the timed out matches.

What happened with this kind of playing? Did everyone just choose to abandon everything for defensive play?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BO-fDl5lB8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdV2T1D8FWM

Oh well, each to his own. I certainly will have fun with this game. Maybe not with Rachel, but who knows. Time will tell.
Old 2009-12-09, 12:11   Link #849
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post

Personally, I'm also happy about the damage nerf. Face it, if your opponent goes down in 25 seconds, you know what you're doing, but they probably don't. And if you're fighting an incompetent, I doubt it'll take that much longer in this game, either.

It would also be kind of unfortunate if a single taunt loop could kill you off...
That battle just shows that they've nerfed the damage too much.

Arcsys designed their games with the negative penalty feature, they encourage battles that are spontaneous and fast. Both players did not receive negative penalties in the 5 rounds, meaning that they are indeed well balanced between offense and defense. And for the battles to end by time, it just means that the damage is too low. Arcsys has created a marathon of a fighting game instead of a sprint they've always been doing.

Arcsys is famous for fast paced, combo crazy fighting games, but this time, they've made a tedious fighting game instead.

Also Tao's taunt combos are very difficult high level combos, its not a matter of luck to be hit by one. The fact that at pro level, Taokaka can produce combos that greatly exceeds other characters, combined with the fact that its a taunt, makes her very close to broken. Even Nu couldn't do 7000 damage combos with no gauge back in CT.

Imagine if Chun Li could do combos with her taunt that does 70% of the opponent's health.

Anyway the game is already in Singapore for a week, my friend who has been playing just told me that.

He confirms to me Rachel is a goner and his friend already switched his main from Rachel to Hazama. But they didn't have a fun time trying out the new characters and moves because of a group of Noel spammers.

People who hated Noels who spammed the drive button should fear, because Noel can now chain 7 combos. And the move where Noel throws her gun into a spinning motion, favourited by spammers, is a guard crushing move. Though they can kill the noobs, they still get really tired as the group switched Noels one after another.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 12:20   Link #850
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Even Nu couldn't do 7000 damage combos with no gauge back in CT.
o rly

Old 2009-12-09, 12:30   Link #851
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I'd like to see a Nu pull off that combo in a match, 3 times in 2 rounds

Old 2009-12-09, 12:31   Link #852
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

^^ haha. landing a clean 214d~c requires such specific circumstances. least of which is a retarded opponent..

Old 2009-12-09, 13:25   Link #853
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Arcsys designed their games with the negative penalty feature, they encourage battles that are spontaneous and fast. Both players did not receive negative penalties in the 5 rounds, meaning that they are indeed well balanced between offense and defense. And for the battles to end by time, it just means that the damage is too low. Arcsys has created a marathon of a fighting game instead of a sprint they've always been doing.
I don't really have a problem with fights ending by time over. People on Dustloop don't seem to be complaining much about it either. Some CS vids I've seen feature really cool comebacks that just wouldn't have been possible with higher damage, and I think that sort of thing adds more tension to the game.

That said, it's a matter of opinion and you're entitled to yours. I was more responding to germanturkey saying this game "won't be fun", which is probably not something you agree with either.

As for the taunt loop, yes, it's just silly.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 14:09   Link #854
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Well, its ironic, the manly Dora, the only player who used time overs to win matches, which was one of the reasons people found him awesome, now plays a completely opposite game.

With Bang getting all the godly buffs, he has made a god tier for himself and top tier for Bang. With Bang's relatively high damage output in CS and much better comboability, he no longer uses time overs in a game where others do.

My argument isn't about fun, but more about balance. I don't think the game is more balanced than before.

On one side of the scale we have a character that's rendered completely helpless, on the other side we have a character that does insane damage in a game where everyone else does lesser than before. The scale seems to be tipping just from this.

Anyway, balance doesn't mean fun or not for me, I don't care about winning as well. Rachel is still going to be my main, I'll still be playing the game even with the balance issues. At least now, in the arcade with tokens, I can be sure that I get to play Rachel for a relatively long match before I lose.

Old 2009-12-10, 10:12   Link #855
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Arcsys is famous for fast paced, combo crazy fighting games, but this time, they've made a tedious fighting game instead.
... I actually find these long fights to be quite exciting.

Edit: Hmmm... I'm thinking this "BuruFesu: Spring Raid" event in February is when they'll be announcing the console version.

Oh, and by the way, the European "exclusive features" have been revealed... to be extra colours and unlimited versions of everyone. Likely to come as paid DLC to everywhere else. And a Blazblue DSiWare game has been revealed. It's a 3D 4-player brawler and it's called "BlazBlue - Battle X Battle". It will cost 500 DSi points and is set for release next month.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2009-12-10 at 11:39.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 14:34   Link #856
hinakatbklyn

Quote:
I'll probably get to try Rachel in a few days time when it arrives in Singapore.

But the entire fanbase has already given up hope on her, even the Japanese themselves can't do anything to save her.
I can see the flaws involving rachel compared to the other characters. I dealt with Rachel and Jin so far storyline wise. Jin would be my likely choice if I start to challenge anyone, but I think I should master Rachel alittle more before I decide to give her a chance.
hinakatbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 14:45   Link #857
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Well, its ironic, the manly Dora, the only player who used time overs to win matches, which was one of the reasons people found him awesome, now plays a completely opposite game.

With Bang getting all the godly buffs, he has made a god tier for himself and top tier for Bang. With Bang's relatively high damage output in CS and much better comboability, he no longer uses time overs in a game where others do.
Actually, according to those who played CS, Bang is practically the same as is Litchi. Bang only got minor buffs while Hakumen and Tager got the most buffs.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 15:17   Link #858
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Actually, according to those who played CS, Bang is practically the same as is Litchi. Bang only got minor buffs while Hakumen and Tager got the most buffs.
does not compute. Bang was bottom tier with both of them, and now is god tier with Litchi, whereas Haku and Tager are only mid+ tier.

mmm, another best of 5, 3 out of 4 matches won by time out. i'm loving this game. /not
http://gamenyarth.blog67.fc2.com/blo...l?id=sm9054086

Last edited by germanturkey; 2009-12-10 at 15:58.
Old 2009-12-10, 16:21   Link #859
Iron Maw
Banned

But, that's what Roko and Co. on Dustloop have been saying and they are ones getting the info from Japanese players. So, I'm taking their word for it. If anything it's damage nerf to everyone aside from Hakumen and Tager that helps him.

I think your over exaggerating the time-outs. I've much more mattes end up as KOs.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 16:40   Link #860
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Its not the amount of buffs that matter, its the quality of buffs.

Bang has all the flaws he had previously, fixed and improved. Alot of his moves got faster, more priority and especially the ability to combo characters like Carl and Rachel with 6C is like godsent. His comboability increased multiple times, along with his unnerfed damage, he has become a god.

Litchi was a decent character back in CT, she doesn't have much buffs, but its enough to make her top tier in CS where everyone else received nerfs.

Hakumen and Tager deserved their buffs, but I guess they didn't receive something godsent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post
I can see the flaws involving rachel compared to the other characters. I dealt with Rachel and Jin so far storyline wise. Jin would be my likely choice if I start to challenge anyone, but I think I should master Rachel alittle more before I decide to give her a chance.
Well Rachel is gone, she is nothing of her old self.

You cannot combo with even a counter hit fork, the godly fork is now weaker than the chair was before. The uselessness of the chair before is even considered good for the Rachel now, people are using the chair more to struggle out of situations.

You no longer see triangle jumping anymore, because it doesn't combo on block, no more crossups for Rachel.

3C is harder to combo than even before, very hard to combo into 9D 5B, it also can't cancel into 236A.

Frog is very slow, has a meter, gets killed easily.

Pumpkin comes out very slow on the ground, has lesser damage, gets removed very easily.

The only thing good left is the ability to use lightning in the air, usable with BnB air combo.

People think that Arcsys is trying make Rachel a full zoning character as she was 'supposed' to be, but her projectiles hardly do any damage. If you try to zone with Rachel now, you win by time ups. If you try to rush, you die.

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360