AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2006-07-07, 23:23   Link #1321
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Hopefully this hasn't been brought up before...

Itsuki mentions on a number of occasions that his 'power' is only useable under certain conditions (ie, closed space). So what happened at the end of the film they made? Those effects when Itsuki defeats Yuki were certainly way higher quality than the rest (Mikuru Beam! lol), yet technically he shouldn't have been able to do that since he wasn't in closed space.

Side question for anyone that might know: Is Shamisen actually Kyon's cat? He seems to be portrayed alongside Kyon's sister in most shots we see him, so it seems likely that he belongs to Kyon (or his family/ sister/ whatever).
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-07, 23:49   Link #1322
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity
Itsuki mentions on a number of occasions that his 'power' is only useable under certain conditions (ie, closed space). So what happened at the end of the film they made? Those effects when Itsuki defeats Yuki were certainly way higher quality than the rest (Mikuru Beam! lol), yet technically he shouldn't have been able to do that since he wasn't in closed space.
I think Haruhi would have made a bit more of a fuss about it if it actually happened on camera. Kyon probably ripped it off if FMP!'s Lambda Driver
Although it does look quite a but like Yuki's powers, too.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 00:21   Link #1323
Kazu-kun

No, that wasn't Yuki's doing or some HQ FX.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity
Hopefully this hasn't been brought up before...

Spoiler for volume 2 of the novel:

Quote:
Side question for anyone that might know: Is Shamisen actually Kyon's cat? He seems to be portrayed alongside Kyon's sister in most shots we see him, so it seems likely that he belongs to Kyon (or his family/ sister/ whatever).
I'm not really sure, but I think it belongs to Kyon's sister.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2006-07-08 at 01:29.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 00:34   Link #1324
Anime Online

I guess you could say Shamisen belongs to Kyon.

Spoiler for Novel Spoiler:
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 08:46   Link #1325
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Thanks for the answers there, makes more sense now

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy
Kyon probably ripped it off if FMP!'s Lambda Driver
Heh, I noticed the lambda driver reference back in the Mysterique Sign episode when Yuki is fighting the cave cricket (along with the more obvious Fumoffu and TSR references from Itsuki)
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 10:06   Link #1326
Karasu09

hey..did you guys noticed in the episode called "Live A Live" is actually a squaresoft game? and also The band name ENOZ is a possible reference to the once popular all-female band ZONE, which is ENOZ in reverse. Interestingly, ZONE also consisted of two guitarists, one bass & one drummer. Also, it mirrors the fact that ZONE disbanded after a majority of their members were about to graduate from High School. The original band members have names that are similar to their real life counterparts; Takako, Mai, Miyuki and Mizuki for the ENOZ, Takayo, Maiko, Miyu and Mizuho for ZONE, and are also playing their counterpart's instrument; Mai(Maiko) - bass, Mizuki(Mizuho) - drums, Miyuki(Miyu) - lead vocal. In all, this would be more of an homage to ZONE.
Karasu09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 10:31   Link #1327
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karasu09
hey..did you guys noticed in the episode called "Live A Live" is actually a squaresoft game? and also The band name ENOZ is a possible reference to the once popular all-female band ZONE, which is ENOZ in reverse. Interestingly, ZONE also consisted of two guitarists, one bass & one drummer. Also, it mirrors the fact that ZONE disbanded after a majority of their members were about to graduate from High School. The original band members have names that are similar to their real life counterparts; Takako, Mai, Miyuki and Mizuki for the ENOZ, Takayo, Maiko, Miyu and Mizuho for ZONE, and are also playing their counterpart's instrument; Mai(Maiko) - bass, Mizuki(Mizuho) - drums, Miyuki(Miyu) - lead vocal. In all, this would be more of an homage to ZONE.
Yes, we've noticed... And if you read the relevant episode discussion thread, you will realise we've known that for quite some time.
Old 2006-07-08, 12:08   Link #1328
Calca
Expressionless

Animeacademy reviewed the series. You can read it here.

I disagree with his notion that Kyon failed to identify with the common person and being lifeless. I think he had a lot of identifying with the viewer. He pretty much thinks exactly what we would think if faced with an over the top anime in real life.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 12:20   Link #1329
Karasu09

The SOS Creed Enlist with the Brigade:

We are the believers of Haruhi
we are the defender of the one true Brigade;
we seek fun and perfection, and we will destroy those who will stand in our way,
we are ESPers, Aliens and Time Travellers..
our Goddess have made us, as the strongest race that exists,
we have forsaken our mythical religion for the eternal power of Haruhi..
an ordinary magic is nothing but sleight-of-hand and mediocre tricks.
Those who employ it to further their own petty desires
are cowards who must be destroyed at all costs.

I am
Kind;
Only to help the Brigade
and never to spite;

I am
Fair;
Working for Haruhi
and not just my own ends;

I am
Honest;
Never to lie at other Haruhist
or to swindle;

These three things
I am,
Which builds
the ultimate trait;

I am.....The Haruhist

Last edited by Karasu09; 2006-07-08 at 13:34.
Karasu09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 07:10   Link #1330
Shini_GamI
YuI

Send a message via MSN to Shini_GamI
I've heard a rumor that there will be a 2nd season for this anime, and the title will be called "The Melancholy of Nagato Yuki", and then it follows on to Mikuru etc..... anyone have any idea of this?
Shini_GamI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 07:17   Link #1331
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shini_GamI
I've heard a rumor that there will be a 2nd season for this anime, and the title will be called "The Melancholy of Nagato Yuki", and then it follows on to Mikuru etc..... anyone have any idea of this?
Nope, its false info, kyoani hasn't said anything about a 2nd season.

kyoani will most probably follow the novels as well if they are going to start a 2nd season and the titles for all novels are Suzumiya Haruhi no <insert emotion>. So Yuki being the title character is not possible.

Everyone is really looking forward to 2nd season lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 08:03   Link #1332
Shini_GamI
YuI

that means there is a chance that the won't start a 2nd season.... *sob*
I'm really looking forward to it, 14 eps arent enough at all. And also, what's with the 1000+ eps in the official website of suzumiya haruhi, some kind of a joke?
Old 2006-07-11, 08:08   Link #1333
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Its not really a joke, it probably has some hidden meaning, what it is, I do not know though. There had been various discussions and theories what those episode numbers mean, but I haven't seen one that makes perfect sense though lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 08:16   Link #1334
Shini_GamI
YuI

At first, I really thought they would make that much episodes, or are they really ^^... i doubt though >3<
Old 2006-07-11, 09:27   Link #1335
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend
but it'll be good. I have much Melancholy left in me. anyone?
SnakeLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 09:49   Link #1336
Skane
Anime Snark

Question

Hmm... after rewatching 'Mysterious Signs', I noticed something. Yuki was using computers in that episode. So how was it that she lost the ability to do so for the LAN match?
Old 2006-07-11, 10:54   Link #1337
Turambar
Procrastination Major

Mmmm, good obs skane, I didn't notice that either, and mysterique sign is before the LAN chronologically....

Perhaps she's always known the basics but didn't discover how to play the game/how to use cmd prompt.

Though I guess the weak point of this is that she's just moving the mouse around in a circle in the air when she first plays the game and even the most clueless newbs with computers know what the mouse is for...

Or perhaps KyoAnim/Tanigawa just screwed up. I've read most of the translated chaps of the novels but the mysterique sign isn't done and I haven't bothered to read up to where it is yet.
Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 10:58   Link #1338
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend
oh ho from what i see i think she knew the basics after reading the manual.
otherwise, how'd she know whats Fog Of War or summut?
SnakeLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 11:53   Link #1339
The Sphinx

Quote:
that means there is a chance that the won't start a 2nd season.... *sob*
I'm really looking forward to it, 14 eps arent enough at all. And also, what's with the 1000+ eps in the official website of suzumiya haruhi, some kind of a joke?
The episode number on the site (15498) is a reference to events in another storyline from the Haruhi novels. I'll put the actual reference and story in the spoiler box below but I really recommend you don't read it unless you've already been spoilered on or read the novels.

Spoiler:
The Sphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 17:22   Link #1340
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Exclamation

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
Nope, its false info, kyoani hasn't said anything about a 2nd season.
kyoani will most probably follow the novels as well if they are going to start a 2nd season and the titles for all novels are Suzumiya Haruhi no <insert emotion>. So Yuki being the title character is not possible.
Everyone is really looking forward to 2nd season lol
I was lurking on the Narutofan forums (hi PhantomX!) reading the Channel 12 topic of MoHS and towards the end a poster said that a friend of his e-mailed Kyoani inquiring about a second season... and got a response! This is unconfirmed because it's not from any official source, but he said that there will be a second season after they are done with the Kannon remake and one other show not mentioned (he said November would be the possible start time). What it will cover is unknown because that, also, wasn't mentioned.

So, you think "same time next year" is possible?
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen