AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 05
10: Amazing... 37 42.53%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 32 36.78%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 10 11.49%
7 out of 10: Good... 4 4.60%
6 out of 10: Average... 3 3.45%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 0 0%
4 out of 10: Poor... 1 1.15%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-06-04, 00:12   Link #161
Vahalla

Location: Celestial (X,Y,Z) coordinates in ly: -7.416, 2.193, 0.993
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
other than that, Audrey now seems to take an interest in the strange connection she and Banagher share..

but if you think about it, Micott was the first girl Banagher interacted with but Micott will surely NEVER get the guy
Micott is the Fraw Bow/Elle Vianno of the OVA. Probably end up with Takyua.
Vahalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 16:26   Link #162
Golos

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
Nah. Graham would reject Riddhe. Graham's desire to defeat the Gundams was to better himself as a MS pilot/warrior and revenge his fallen comrades. Riddhe's reason is because he got rejected by a girl who loves a pilot of a Gundam. Graham would Bright slap Riddhe saying there is no honor in that reason.

It is not that simple.
Riddhe did not completly lost it until the unhonorable Ple 12 attacked him (the second time) for no good reason and trashed his Delta Plus.
Graham would understand Riddhe being mad about it.
Golos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 23:22   Link #163
Destined_Fate

You do know that Riddhe was trying to destroy both Gundams while they were fighting... Right? Ple 12 just saw him before he could get a shot in and trashed his Delta easily.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2012-06-05 at 13:49.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 07:24   Link #164
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golos View Post
It is not that simple.
Riddhe did not completly lost it until the unhonorable Ple 12 attacked him (the second time) for no good reason and trashed his Delta Plus.
Graham would understand Riddhe being mad about it.
Riddhe aimed at both gundams first..then the Banshee detected its aim and trashed Delta plus
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 00:15   Link #165
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

The General Revil ambushing Nahel Argama is akin to the rivalry between Dogosse Gier and Argama during the Gryps conflict..

It is evident again from this episode that the Federation is suffering from chronic and probably systemic decline, both institutionally and militarily. By its institutions, I mean the decision-making capabilities of the Federation. Ambushing Nahel Argama along with Garencieres might seem like the perfect ambush plan to the Feddies: after all you get to kill two birds with one stone, and eliminate all substantial witnesses to the box. But the failure to take into account the potential threat of Full Frontal is appalling - did Feddie intelligence fail again? How could they not have anticipated a Neo Zeon counter-ambush, when they are also a interested party to the Laplace conflict?

Its institutional ineffectiveness also depressed its military capabilities. If the Feddies actually predicted a Neo Zeon attack, they might have sent out mobile suits armed with countermeasures against an attack as lethal as that of those unleashed by Full Frontal's lapdog. But they obviously didn't - which led them to send out a force that bolsters numerical superiority and not tactical flexibility.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 08:59   Link #166
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
The Delta Plus is a wannabe Gundam. It's like... a Hand me down Zeta. So it's understandable she mistook it for a Gundam.
Letting you know that Zeta got a son called Zeta + and a brother called Zeta II

Like the other person said, Delta Gundam has a son called Delta + which got damaged heavily by Banshee.

And I think the Banshee and Unicorn looks like some smaller Psycho Gundam.
Old 2012-06-15, 14:01   Link #167
Tiberium Wolf

Ok... I am getting bored. Vista and Fed are 100% cannon fodder. They have no pilot characters. Now some important general supposedly gets off in 2m screen time without visible face.
Old 2012-06-15, 15:12   Link #168
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
Letting you know that Zeta got a son called Zeta + and a brother called Zeta II

Like the other person said, Delta Gundam has a son called Delta + which got damaged heavily by Banshee.

And I think the Banshee and Unicorn looks like some smaller Psycho Gundam.
The Zeta + and Zeta II weren't all that good, that's why they was never mass produced into the Fed forces.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 21:42   Link #169
Prince of Chips
Real Madrid member

Haven't give 10/10 for a while, last time was for an episode of Working!
Prince of Chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 10:25   Link #170
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Ok... I am getting bored. Vista and Fed are 100% cannon fodder. They have no pilot characters. Now some important general supposedly gets off in 2m screen time without visible face.
i just hope you werent thinking that "general revil" is a living and breathing general
Old 2012-06-19, 08:46   Link #171
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
i just hope you werent thinking that "general revil" is a living and breathing general
What are u talking about?

Feds forces simply don't have any visible chars. They said they are fighting against the interests in the Fed and Vista but they don't have a representative fighting for them. Just cannon fodder.
Old 2012-06-19, 10:13   Link #172
JC...
I am a Pie

Quote:
What are u talking about?

Feds forces simply don't have any visible chars. They said they are fighting against the interests in the Fed and Vista but they don't have a representative fighting for them. Just cannon fodder.
Representative?

If you mean notable minor characters, there are the tri-stars... There was Riddhe and Norm, Daguza and Bright. There were no visible Vist Foundation pilots and no pilots from the General Revil were shown, not that they needed to be shown.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 07:51   Link #173
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC... View Post
Representative?

If you mean notable minor characters, there are the tri-stars... There was Riddhe and Norm, Daguza and Bright. There were no visible Vist Foundation pilots and no pilots from the General Revil were shown, not that they needed to be shown.
Riddhe > by end of ep he hates everyone.
Norm > really minor char
Daguza > he's already dead at ep 3
Bright > clearly not representing the Fed + vista interests

All other gundam series I have seen all factions had characters in the fighting force till the end even if some of them switched sides.

Last edited by Tiberium Wolf; 2012-06-20 at 22:00.
Tiberium Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 21:04   Link #174
bighawke5

ok can someone please explain why the hell riddhe is pissed at banagher now? where did this come from? And since when where they on different paths?

i thought they both wanted to protect a stupid girl and stop war...or is it just jaleousy that got to him after his inferiority complex? because thats the only thing i can see why he'd be SUPERmad for...

don't recall him having any different ideals from banagher...
bighawke5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 23:45   Link #175
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighawke5 View Post
ok can someone please explain why the hell riddhe is pissed at banagher now? where did this come from? And since when where they on different paths?

i thought they both wanted to protect a stupid girl and stop war...or is it just jaleousy that got to him after his inferiority complex? because thats the only thing i can see why he'd be SUPERmad for...

He is pissed at Banagher because Banagher doesn't have the same baggage which Riddhe carries and is doing as he pleases, whereas Riddhe, from his political family, knows the content of the Laplace Box and is doing as what he sees as sacrificing a few poor souls in order to keep the status-quo of the stability of the entire human race as it is now which he thinks is the bigger goal. This choice of keeping the status-quo, which means keeping the Federation in political power, also puts him in direct conflict with Mineva/Audrey which completely ruins his chances with her (as Mineva is still in essence a Zeon and strives for the "liberation" of the spacenoids from the corrupted Federation government), whereas Banagher has no political affiliation (nor an end goal even except to protect Audrey at all cost) and is just acting as the knight who protects the princess without even having to think about the consequences because the knight fully trusts that the princess is acting in good faith, as Banagher does.

So yeah, he's got plenty of reasons (whether you agree with him or not) to be pissed.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 09:47   Link #176
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighawke5 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
He is pissed at Banagher because Banagher doesn't have the same baggage which Riddhe carries and is doing as he pleases, whereas Riddhe, from his political family, knows the content of the Laplace Box and is doing as what he sees as sacrificing a few poor souls in order to keep the status-quo of the stability of the entire human race as it is now which he thinks is the bigger goal. This choice of keeping the status-quo, which means keeping the Federation in political power, also puts him in direct conflict with Mineva/Audrey which completely ruins his chances with her (as Mineva is still in essence a Zeon and strives for the "liberation" of the spacenoids from the corrupted Federation government), whereas Banagher has no political affiliation (nor an end goal even except to protect Audrey at all cost) and is just acting as the knight who protects the princess without even having to think about the consequences because the knight fully trusts that the princess is acting in good faith, as Banagher does.

So yeah, he's got plenty of reasons (whether you agree with him or not) to be pissed.
because Riddhe wants to keep the status-quo in place e.g the Federation remains at the top of the food chain because he thinks that this will prevent more future conflicts and wars.. If the Zeons knew that they were supposed to be **insert Laplace's box contents here** then a war will break out if a leader will actually lead them (Full Frontal, Mineva). Riddhe believes that this upcoming conflict will only endanger Mineva's life because the feddies will be fighting against the Zeons again (Mineva included since she is the princess of Zeon).

Banagher, on the other hand, has the same objective as Riddhe where in he also wants to protect Audrey with his life but his means to achieve it are different. You see, Banagher wants to free Audrey from everything (how he will do it, we will have to see). The opening of Laplace's box may create a massive conflict but Banagher fully trusts Audrey and believes in her wish for peace and that she will do the right thing.

So to break it down for you:

Feddies- if they will get the box, there will be injustice forever and there will be no hope for political reforms.

Zeons- if the Zeons get it, they will range all out war.

Audrey and Banagher- if they will get it, apparently only a single truth will be revealed and the decisions after wards are left to humanity. Audrey and Banagher will be free and they can live happily ever after
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 17:46   Link #177
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
I have a feeling that they were actually all shot down in the space of less than 30 seconds: the camera might've simply been showing all the chaos within a two minute span from different angles, suggesting they were all shot down very quickly. Maybe that's why all the Revil's MS complement appeared to be standing still.
Infinite Zenith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
episode discussion