AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-03-16, 09:46   Link #16921
Sworra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Like_Clockwork View Post
well I know I'm looking with something that has a regulator, moisture trap, about 1/8 hp, and an average psi output. so i'm keeping my eye open for options. and yeah its the hp-cs, eclipse line, not revolution if I'm not mistaken.
That one i mentioned that i have has pretty much what you are looking for in a compressor, plus the automatic shut off is nice touch. HP-CS eclipse for $60.00 you have to tell me where to get cause im looking to get another one cause i hate switching out paints when i'm airbrushing. That is one thing you will notice about airbrushing is that you need to clean it good so you don't bleed any colours when changing paints.
Old 2010-03-16, 10:29   Link #16922
BioRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Astraea Type F will be a pain to recolor to the original color.My dream of making my below Sig be a HG model reality is still damn far off.......>__>

Hmmm,how are we suppose to turn it into F2 anyways if we buy the Exia parts?Since there ARE no fully red Exia parts......unless.....oh no........they dont expect us to.....[DUNDUNDUN].

At least splashing everything red is easier than delicately coloring the traditional colors.
The Astraea will come with all Exia Parts, since it's cheaper to include unused parts than to make a completely new mold for the plates.
BioRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 12:29   Link #16923
Like_Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
That one i mentioned that i have has pretty much what you are looking for in a compressor, plus the automatic shut off is nice touch. HP-CS eclipse for $60.00 you have to tell me where to get cause im looking to get another one cause i hate switching out paints when i'm airbrushing. That is one thing you will notice about airbrushing is that you need to clean it good so you don't bleed any colours when changing paints.
there's a used one on ebay right now going for $50 with no bids but a few days left, look it up its like iwata hp-cs pinstripe tool, thats also brand new, but the one I'm getting is from someone on hobby fanatics.

and in regards to the, smart jet, right? it's just a little pricey for me right now. so I think I met just get a cheap harbor freight compressor and save up for a better compressor.
Like_Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 12:49   Link #16924
Kelrys
Same old same

Send a message via AIM to Kelrys Send a message via MSN to Kelrys
Done with my Regen Duel. Sorry for camera phone quality.
Kelrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 20:47   Link #16925
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Astraea Type F.... yeow, I really want this gunpla now... Too bad my whole Gundam money goes to MG Wing in April...

@Kelrys - The Regen Duel is the one kit except Hail Buster that I feel is worth buying. Nice choice.
Old 2010-03-16, 21:00   Link #16926
Kelrys
Same old same

But sadly its still an 2003 Duel runners. HG 1/144 nowadays can pose better than it
Old 2010-03-16, 21:33   Link #16927
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Oh really? Tjhat's sad/ What I noticed in my Hail Buster that its articulation greatly improved since the first Buster. Especially the leg joints which are now much more flexible.
Old 2010-03-16, 21:39   Link #16928
Kelrys
Same old same

The pink color parts around the ankle of Regen Duel really restricts the leg movements.

Will consider Hail Buster, loving the colors.
Old 2010-03-16, 21:46   Link #16929
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Yup/It looks so badass now. And it is piloted by this Blue-haired Druggie which looks like a CE version of Fon Spaak
Old 2010-03-16, 23:04   Link #16930
GrimmReaperNL
Oro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
regarding HWjapan, they're currently having 30% of on quite a few models which is why i ordered the 144 akatasuki.
accually, hwj almost always has a pretty high percentage off on everything.
it's nothing special so don't get pulled into buying now because you think the discount will end
Old 2010-03-17, 07:05   Link #16931
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Larger image of the HG 1/144 Gundam Astraea Type F:

Spoiler:

And as noted above, the kit will also include the V-fin to convert the Type F into the Type F2 (since technically the other parts needed to create the F2 are all Exia parts).
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocawarde View Post
I just wanted to add pics of the Weapons layout for the HG 1/144 Gundam Astraea Type F:
Spoiler:

Thats as big as i got it
soon to be expected to release shld be the white colour astrea in a matter of time. I dont mind getting multiple of it since got so many weapons for my current kit (gn pistol for dynames, missile launcher for kyrios, gn bazooka for gn-x 3) and sold off my 1/100 scale last year.

with hg 1/144 avalanche exia coming i can finally put all ver of exia together
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 08:16   Link #16932
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
Quote:
Originally Posted by vektar View Post
from my experience with HD kits, id pass on the HD unicorn if i was you. The plastic they use for the HD kits is very brittle and feels like its gonna break if you put any amount of pressure on it while under construction. Thats just me though, I also think it depends on if you paint or not. The HD kits look pretty good because they dont need painting even though it wont hurt it for some parts on some kits.
i am actually interested in mg unicorn with cage version. normal mg unicorn ova version also looks same if see their manuals. please help me choose, i am depending on you guys, onegai shimas!
Old 2010-03-17, 15:10   Link #16933
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimmReaperNL View Post
accually, hwj almost always has a pretty high percentage off on everything.
it's nothing special so don't get pulled into buying now because you think the discount will end
i know it was the price for a 144 akatsuki that got me but i dont think the MS craze for me will last much longer. theres too many nice MS designs out there and insufficient storage areas to place models in my room . thanks, its good to know that HWJ has good prices for its products.

while we're on the topic of the hail buster, apparently it also has mirage colloid stealth. so far the only MS i know that have MC are the various ms in the blitz lineup and variations, astray mirages, hail buster and thr girty lue battleship line up. am i missing any other MS/MA or ship with it?
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 23:05   Link #16934
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Larger MG Wing Gundam TV Ver. images:

Spoiler for Size:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 23:34   Link #16935
Hamachi

What are clear parts again? Do they mean extra transparent parts along with the regular parts?

Why are they cheaper than their original MG counterparts?
Hamachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 23:41   Link #16936
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Yes, the MG Clear Parts campaign will include extra transparent parts along with the regular parts. As for the price, I guess that's the marketing gimmick

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 23:52   Link #16937
cf18
Mecha Pilot

Just saw this:

Official site:
http://bandai-hobbyproshop.net/gunpl...realgrade.html

Some sort of advanced HG with new tech, higher price?

Last edited by cf18; 2010-03-19 at 00:04.
cf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 00:53   Link #16938
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

oh for crying out loud, STOP MAKING RX78, this is not milking a product anymore, this is like a milk cow ran dry of milk and they stick a grinder up it's milk sack and grind out what ever liquid it has in it!
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 01:38   Link #16939
Kitaeryu

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
oh for crying out loud, STOP MAKING RX78, this is not milking a product anymore, this is like a milk cow ran dry of milk and they stick a grinder up it's milk sack and grind out what ever liquid it has in it!
LOL. I wholeheartedly agree.

I wish Bandai would do more with the 00 series like doing side story models (although they are definately improving with the new 1 Gundam and 1/144 Astraea).
Old 2010-03-19, 02:05   Link #16940
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
I wonder if there is some rule that says the first Gunpla in a new series (or new tech) has to be a RX-78-2...

But the UC universe is the biggest "franchise" in terms of, well, everything from history to models. For another generation or so, it's not going anywhere, and with new additions like "Unicorn" to spark interest, it'll continue on for awhile. The models are more for the older buyers these days, IMHO, and they tend to like the stuff that they watched when still young.

00, SEED, and the others will have to wait their turn - assuming that they remain popular, of course. "GSD" is getting a collection release this month, I think, so a promotional push there might be good.

Edit: I'm kind of wondering what changes Bandai has in mind to make the "Master Grade" models more interesting than this new "Regular Grade". RG models look to sit between HG and MG, and being "real" seems to be the "go to" word for RG. If they push MG to be even more detailed, then what does that do for PG?

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy