Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-12, 19:02   Link #281
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Railgun DVDs/BDs haven't shown up on amazon yet
Oh... OK. Tch~, looking forward to how that turns out though...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 20:59   Link #282
flag_on_the_moon

It's good show so far. But if a romatic subplot involving Sugisaki does develope then my interest in the show will sink a like stone.
flag_on_the_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 21:04   Link #283
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Well, despite what he seems from the beginning, hes not an actual bad guy, as shown when he stayed behind to finish all the work by himself. Also the other still do view him as someone interesting and someone they want around.

Also by the fact he's number one in grades means he cant be too stupid. Sure maybe he studied really hard for his harem, but i think hes also naturally a bit smart.

I think its promising. Even so, I'd watch it even if it never develops a plot. This kind of humor is right to my style.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 21:07   Link #284
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Totally claiming this one. Thanks~.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 21:13   Link #285
scr
my sides are in orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I think she's closer, all right. Like with Aka-chan nestled on her lap in this frame from chapter one of the manga:
Spoiler for image from ch1 of manga:
The Chizuru there seems to be a completely different person. Is she actually wearing glasses? Or is it just the character design?
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 21:20   Link #286
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
Well, despite what he seems from the beginning, hes not an actual bad guy, as shown when he stayed behind to finish all the work by himself. Also the other still do view him as someone interesting and someone they want around.

Also by the fact he's number one in grades means he cant be too stupid. Sure maybe he studied really hard for his harem, but i think hes also naturally a bit smart.

I think its promising. Even so, I'd watch it even if it never develops a plot. This kind of humor is right to my style.
Yeah I'll be sticking around whether a plot or romantic subplot develops at all. Show has been funny and the characters are pretty likable so no problems sticking around.

I agree he's not a bad guy at all. He's just really honest regarding his dream of a harem . The fact he stays behind to do work and is still pulling good grades shows he is pretty smart in terms of academics.

Personally I'm somewhat curious to see if he can actually get his harem. Though it feels the most likely thing will just be making progress with Kurimu. Or things could just stay funny through the rest of the show.
Old 2009-10-12, 21:24   Link #287
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Tell me, Creamu, what does happiness taste like? ;_;

Excellent.

K's imagination runs off a floppy and prints in vibrant color.
Old 2009-10-12, 22:10   Link #288
flag_on_the_moon

Quote:

He's an ok character. The problem is that, ok male + not interesting enough female(well not interesting enough to make up for factor a) + romantic subplot involving said characters = severely damaged show(for me anyway). Unless it's an extremely minor subplot.

And to be honest, if he were female. He'd be one of my favorite characters(in the show at least).

Last edited by flag_on_the_moon; 2009-10-12 at 22:44.
flag_on_the_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 22:37   Link #289
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by scr View Post
The Chizuru there seems to be a completely different person. Is she actually wearing glasses? Or is it just the character design?
She's wearing glasses in that frame, although not in many others. But the character design is in fact somewhat different. For instance, here. And here is a page that happens to show all four girls, so you can see the character design differences. Not that even the manga is totally consistent.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 22:43   Link #290
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Episode 2

Had a chance to watch episode and i laughed just as hard as i with episode 1. Since really this is just so random im going to post my favorites quotes.

1. You shouldnt touch it dont write names in it either (gotta love death note)

2."The great man Edison once said "if your going to fight the boss, do it after youve leveled enough" (LMAO as an RPG fan i had tears in my eyes)

3 "Dont worry Maria-sama is reading a different novel right now" "Onee sama" (another Marimite Reference kick ass and it seems since Maria is not watching Chizuru can do what she pleases lol)

God this series is funny so who was the blonde with the evil laugh at the end. We will find out next week hopefully.
Old 2009-10-12, 23:14   Link #291
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

another great quote from this ep was "the great lady _______ also said, 'eat protein and go to the gym'" or something along those lines. rather hilarious because it was so out of context. and the accompanying picture of her on a stationary bike.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 23:37   Link #292
vuluc88

And in Edison's table is a PSP )
And i was seeing ep 2 with PSP =))
vuluc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 00:10   Link #293
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Episode 2 freebies.

Taking this one. I'm already at LV9~
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 00:39   Link #294
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
another great quote from this ep was "the great lady _______ also said, 'eat protein and go to the gym'" or something along those lines. rather hilarious because it was so out of context. and the accompanying picture of her on a stationary bike.
The "great lady" was Yokihi, the famous Chinese beauty Yang Guifei, who lived around 720-750 AD and was a Tang Dynasty emperor's favorite. It's sort of as if they used Helen of Troy or the Mona Lisa. She was known to be pleasingly plump, which was part of the standard of beauty at that time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon
Tell me, Creamu, what does happiness taste like? ;_;
According to some posts on 2channel, it tastes like Mafu Usamaro ("Mafu Bunnymallows"), a marshmallow candy made by a company in Kobe (神戸製菓株式会社 「まふっ うさまろ」). They look a little different, but may well be what the animators/mangaka were thinking of:

They cost about a dollar a bag (Y105). There's a blog post where someone has made scenes using the little bunny candies.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 00:47   Link #295
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Not a bad second episode.

Keep it up~

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 02:22   Link #296
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Anyone else finding this Kurimu scan absurdly cute (and moe) ?

+ avatars:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuluc88 View Post
I just love the way Mafuyu swimming Can u make one?
The one in the ED? In the first one I used the tween to mask the little jump in animation, in the second one I left the jump.

Old 2009-10-13, 03:00   Link #297
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Well... I generally _hate_ loli moe. Hate hate hate. Annoys me instead of turning me on. In 95% of the cases.

Buuut Kurimu is _dripping_ moe, and I don't know why. I think it's the mix of energy, vulnerability and kindness, which is quite different from the usual "useless moeblobs".
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 03:07   Link #298
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Well... I generally _hate_ loli moe. Hate hate hate. Annoys me instead of turning me on. In 95% of the cases.

Buuut Kurimu is _dripping_ moe, and I don't know why. I think it's the mix of energy, vulnerability and kindness, which is quite different from the usual "useless moeblobs".
I think Kurimu is appealing because, despite being a moeblob, she's a proactive character. Hence, she doesn't just rely on her cuteness, but also tries to fight for her objectives, always with a purpose (right or wrong that's questionable but it's doesn't matter) on her mind. While doing this, her strong points come out as well as her weaknesses. So, a believable human being before a moeblob; which one our eyes perceives first depends on each individual, but she's both and that is the "innovative" side of her imho
Old 2009-10-13, 03:15   Link #299
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah I'll be sticking around whether a plot or romantic subplot develops at all. Show has been funny and the characters are pretty likable so no problems sticking around.

I agree he's not a bad guy at all. He's just really honest regarding his dream of a harem . The fact he stays behind to do work and is still pulling good grades shows he is pretty smart in terms of academics.

Personally I'm somewhat curious to see if he can actually get his harem. Though it feels the most likely thing will just be making progress with Kurimu. Or things could just stay funny through the rest of the show.
The reason he's my favorite character so far is not only because I can relate to him and his desires for a harem (though probably not to the extreteties that he takes it), but also the fact that he's the only character in the council so far to have another side to him. Of course, the show is just starting, so I'm sure we'll get a little bit out of the girls as well, but he gets points for the head start. I feel kind of bad for him at times too, what with the way the student council girls treat him up front; in all honesty I think he deserves a tiny bit more respect. but at the same time I don't exactly want any romantic bridges to develop between him and any of the girls... at least not a serious one. This show works best playing things for laughs, so I think an actual romantic sub-plot would kind of ruin the flow.

Quote:

Is it my imagination or do her breasts seem slightly more inflated in the left image compared to the rest of the image and in the actual show? It just strange to look at with her petite figure, but she's still adorable either way. The centerpiece sukumizu Kurimu is the winner for me, no contest.
Old 2009-10-13, 03:34   Link #300
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post

K's imagination runs off a floppy and prints in vibrant color.
& this is why i'd hang out with him and talk about ero-games.

Quote:
Yes it seriously is. I'm waiting for a clean version of the scan for wallpaper material.

Tags
comedy, parody, school life, shounen, student council