AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-18, 10:51   Link #981
tsunade666

kamakiri = sharp long claws
chouchou = martial arts and ninjutsu combine
mitsubochi = throwing some kind of weapon with poison.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 10:55   Link #982
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Her weakness is users of epic gear. In other words martial arts that don't rely heavily on equipment are useless on her since she can simply copy it. Lets say a ninja with a cyborg arm comes along, she can't copy that. If anything the three ninjas were just simply way too ideal opponents against her. Even the the first ninja in the series would have been a better match.
If Nanami had saw the first fight, she would have the ability to shape-shift......which would be pretty weird....
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 11:23   Link #983
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Kamakiri, Chouchou and Mitsubochi, in order of getting owned.
Thanks!
BTW: I have a gif of the bug boys dancin, but my hardrive fried over the weekend and I can't upload anything from my old files until it gets fixed.
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 11:59   Link #984
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Most. Epic. Troll.

The episode itself was good, yes, but it doesn't make up for the would-have-been the most epic episode of Katanagatari. And when I found out that novels were the same... I just didn't know what to expect anymore. I just feel like an idiot for waiting for this episode like with glee for the past month and a half.

Anyhow, I did enjoy the episode. The insect trio was kinda funny, and of course Nanami was just beyond any expectations, and her strength felt a bit out of place, like pulling it out the the hat trick (the evil laugh was just great though). Nakahara Mai really was the perfect person for the job, eh? But I wish she was just strong, and didn't have that copy ability, as that is just way too overused... though I see why it was necessary for her to have learned the Kyoutoryuu.

But overall, I'm still brooding over the troll. I don't think there would have been a better fighting scene.

Last edited by Nochgo; 2010-04-18 at 12:53.
Nochgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 13:51   Link #985
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
I feel cheated, it would have been so amazing; just looking at the preview. Nanami's too overpowered; and I don't like the concept at all; it IS too overused and too much of a "beat stick" as it were.

Summary: Disappoint.

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 13:54   Link #986
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Her skill/ability is pretty much way too hax. I don't even like it. What the hell is up with that, being able to learn anything by just watching it once, and doing it twice. That's completely unbelievable. Wtf is that shit.
I don't think that's the hax part. She also said she can't die no matter how sick she is, and is, at least from what is shown, partially immune to some poison. Originally her weakness, or what she claimed, is that she can't fight for a long amount of time, but we don't really know what is "long" amount of time for her. Makes me feel sad for her that even her father was afraid of her.

While Nanami is all the awesome in this episode, the one that made me feel very =.= is the pack of tobacco, and the fact that Nanami used it as an incense substitute in the end. That just felt like a somewhat forced joke threw in there because did they really start packing cigarettes that way that early? On an another note, the last time I've seen that done is triads paying respect to their dead comrades in old Hong Kong movies .

Then there's the gem ... why does only the mantis guy got it and nobody else? The random clavicle scene was also ok but also felt out of place. I would find the teasing more interesting if done while she was clothed rather than naked (the way they did it felt like forced fanservice). Of course, finally there's Hakuei; if people thought the ninjas were jobbers then Hakuei, who existed only in flashbacks and random scenes from nowhere, is probably the worse in that aspect. Really, coming from the novel this is expected but what this means is that we can't really trust the previews entirely any more.

There are a couple of things I'm rather ambivalent about but I'll wait till the end of the series to see if they answer those questions, but this episode just felt very out of place in a good way. Quite interested to see which direction they take Nanami.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 14:07   Link #987
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Really, coming from the novel this is expected but what this means is that we can't really trust the previews entirely any more.
I guess this isn't spoilering anything...
This was the only preview reel that was storyboarded separately out of 8 episodes that were present in leaked production materials.

Quote:
(the way they did it felt like forced fanservice)
OBLIGATORY HOT SPRINGS previewed for EP5 feels more like forced fanservice to me quite honestly...
I guessed that the scene in EP4 went not only to appeal to fans but also to show the degree of weird relationship between Togame and Shichika.
YANYAN
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 14:38   Link #988
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Nanami is like K-On crossed with Silence of the Lambs.

I was so traumatized, I was just dazed instead of outraged when the awesome fight scene wasn't shown.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 14:42   Link #989
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Nanami is like K-On
Sorry, what? She doesn't look like poorly deformed barely intelligent moemoe schoolgirl who looks like she doesn't know her left from right.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 14:46   Link #990
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Im still very pissed that the fight was cut. Since I was very much looking forward towards it. I hope they will release a DVD special with 1-5 mintues special of the fight.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 15:33   Link #991
Eater of All
NOM

I thought omimon's

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
was disturbing, but man...

Spoiler for size:
Old 2010-04-18, 16:05   Link #992
tsunade666

that smile is still normal for nanami. The spooky one is when it grows. Grining pretty well.

When will they reveal that fight I wonder. I wanted to see it so much that the wait is killing me but when their is the show kill me twice with a killer nanami on the run.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 16:06   Link #993
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Im still very pissed that the fight was cut. Since I was very much looking forward towards it. I hope they will release a DVD special with 1-5 mintues special of the fight.
If you want to see the fight, go watch the preview for this episode.
Old 2010-04-18, 16:32   Link #994
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'm as disappointed as anyone we weren't shown the Sabi fight (and won't be), but I don't feel cheated. Nanami's awesome. And scary. So very, very scary. Togame thinks the reason Shichika didn't hesitate against Meisai was that he has no interest in women, but now, I think it's because he knows women can be terrifying monsters. Let your guard down and you'll suffer.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 17:29   Link #995
dasrune
smh

I might be the only one who feels this way, but i wasn't at all disappointed with not being shown the Sabi fight (even laughed when Togame goes on about how crazy it was towards the end). We've seen Shichika get into several fights already and while i think each one has had its moments there isn't much difference between them, so learning a little about Nanami and seeing her take out the three Maniwani was cool.
dasrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 17:38   Link #996
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'm as disappointed as anyone we weren't shown the Sabi fight (and won't be), but I don't feel cheated. Nanami's awesome. And scary. So very, very scary.
Same, this episode was awesome and I don't feel cheated for missing out on that one fight. The way the episode ended, (hinting at Nanami leaving the island) really makes me look forward to seeing more of her in future episodes.

And the three ninjas somehow reminded me of the Magus sisters from FFX.
Old 2010-04-18, 18:08   Link #997
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'm as disappointed as anyone we weren't shown the Sabi fight (and won't be), but I don't feel cheated.
I would've have felt the same way, had this been either episode 5 or 6, or even 2 or 3. I had placed Shichika's fight with Sabi above all other fights he had/will have as I had very much interest in Sabi, thus my woes.
Old 2010-04-18, 18:20   Link #998
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
I guessed that the scene in EP4 went not only to appeal to fans but also to show the degree of weird relationship between Togame and Shichika.
YANYAN
Indeed. I find it she finally begins to question why the heck he's doing this for her when he's obviously not interested in her looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
I would've have felt the same way, had this been either episode 5 or 6, or even 2 or 3. I had placed Shichika's fight with Sabi above all other fights he had/will have as I had very much interest in Sabi, thus my woes.
He got a lot of hypes since episode 1, which is probably the reason for most of the disappointment.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 18:31   Link #999
Verg Avesta
Endless Turnless

Two words: Very disappointed.
Old 2010-04-18, 18:35   Link #1000
Jerseykid

I certainly feel cheated. The entire time I was like shouldn't they be getting to the other fight by now. Now I can't believe any preview they show!
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, edo setting, light novel adaptation, nishio, romance, tragedy