AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-12-02, 15:36   Link #1841
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Execution of this chapter was VERY strange IMO. It should have been a really serious chapter, but the way it was done almost made me thought I was reading a Omake or parody at first.
That's why its awsome.... it has good plot and is very interesting and serious... yet hoshino was able to wrap some comedy parts in it... without loseing the main plot story

It's amazeing to show something serious and dramatic in a funny way.... this kind of atmosphere is way better than a gloomy one ^^ anyway hoshino didnt changed her way of showing the story ^^ she allways was wrapping comedy in it... so you can say that most of the manga is omake like...

I personaly love this way of showing... at least the story is clear... without bigger holes.... and it gives a smile on the face.... if people dont like this way (how it is from long long time) then why do they read it ? ^^

like myself I personaly dotn read bleach its just boring... fight after fight with 100 other fights between that....its like a big mortal combat manga... without deeper plot.... where the main core of whole is fights (and only the arena changes... where the fights take place...).... for me d.gray-man is whole whole better than bleach... in both story,mystery and fights [its not allways bankai,bankai,mask,bankai,mask ect.......[yawn]] ^^ well mostly there will be people that wont agree but this is just their own feelings ^^

anyway current chapter was kick ass... but waiting another month is just pain...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 20:46   Link #1842
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Nobody here said that Bleach was better than D.Gray-Man, so I'd appreaciate if you could stop pulling those straw mans.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 21:06   Link #1843
Cinocard

Quote:
That's why its awsome.... it has good plot and is very interesting and serious... yet hoshino was able to wrap some comedy parts in it... without loseing the main plot
yet here the story is build very good... and makes it interesting... story twists and all... (you are not able to tell what will happen next... there are so many possibilities...)
I, as well as many others, feel no tension. I don't feel any humorous either. And I don't really care abut what's going to happen next anymore. It doesn't set readers into the mood for it. Whatever she tried to do, it seems she failed to do so.

The earl and a bunch of Noah are playing in their HQ, another bunch of hostages are held up on the wall, hundreds people are dead, the situation in the battlefield before Allen was wrapped back to the HQ is unclear, the 14th existence is confirmed, yet Allen and Kanda still have time to shit around? Beside 3 panels of Allen's shocked face, no sorrow, no anxiety, no worry, no fatigue was shown.

After a hiatus, everyone would think Hoshino would use a slow, solid chapter to connect back the plot, but all she did was throwing at our face heap loads of 'wtf?'

She gave us a bunch of Noah with no real introduction or background to distinguish them from each other, which gives us the feeling of "they are all the same," and I can care less about them. And the Earl just roamed into the Order HQ like nothing, which makes us wonder why he didn't do that thousands of year ago (not like only till now do we have this question). And the revelation of the 14th, Kanda's identity, or Alma existence, etc.

Hoshino showed us too much stuff at once, which is TOO MUCH, and doesn't even try to make us care about them. She should have focused on one thing at a time.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 10:04   Link #1844
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Finally the chapter !

Lol , it was hilarious and serious at the same time .

Ow , 14th will take the lead soon or not .

Alma and Yu , we'll see in the next chapt ...
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 12:32   Link #1845
noktown

Yep I loved the new chapter also.

I think Allen and the 14th are going to join forces since their aim is the same to destroy the Earl,hopefully it'll happen soon ;o
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 09:19   Link #1846
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Out of the entire chapter, the one thing that really caught my attention was that-

Spoiler:
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 14:27   Link #1847
ffantasy24

Hoshino needs to slow down. Slow way the heck down and explain things. Develop them, evolve them, make them digestable for the readers. Right now it just feels like she's trying to get back up on the horse too quickly and the story quality is being compromised because of that. Sigh. One's gotta try and control how much they criticize about her right now though. Apparently she's been suffering from long term back/hip illness that's somehow affecting the working abilities in her fingers to draw. And now she has to take an hour's break for every two hours spent on doing the art. But I don't see how that should affect her story planning at all since it doesnt involve using her hands..:S And interesting enough the art quality doesnt seem to be going down the drain. Oh Hoshino, u work in mysterious ways..
ffantasy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 21:52   Link #1848
noktown

I actually think this is the right thing to do,she came back she gave us information and in the next chapters she's going to get into the details,like the flashback about Kanda's past or something like that.

So I wouldn't complain,and give her time to explain,or you want something like Naruto or Bleach where they show off for 10 pages then there is something happening towards the end.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 00:29   Link #1849
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
I actually think this is the right thing to do,she came back she gave us information and in the next chapters she's going to get into the details,like the flashback about Kanda's past or something like that.

So I wouldn't complain,and give her time to explain,or you want something like Naruto or Bleach where they show off for 10 pages then there is something happening towards the end.
Or random and pointless head shot panels.
I agree that she's rushing the plot, but in the next issue is where she should slow it down a notch. It'll just be more confusing when she throws it all at once, first the new noahs, then third exorcists, Kanda's past and now Alma Karma smashed together in 3 chapters. Also, the artwork changed considerably from a few chapters ago with different coloring, but it's at least tolerable. But I guess it's really not easy to be her with all this pressure and illness, forced to draw manga to help please the fans.
Old 2009-12-06, 06:02   Link #1850
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Out of the entire chapter, the one thing that really caught my attention was that-

Spoiler:
but we dont know for what purpose 14th wants to be the next Earl.... is it ot have power and continue earls ways by killing humans.... or he wants to become new earl to change things and the noah's...
Old 2009-12-06, 10:46   Link #1851
Aqua Knight

Allen- 14th interaction little moment is the only thing I liked about the chapter.
EVerything other is just some merry and colorful trash.
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 15:19   Link #1852
ser4

i got to admit it is getting interesting ... i was starting to give up on this manga
ser4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-26, 12:06   Link #1853
servidor

Cam pics for chapter 190 are out, very poor quality at the usual place. I guess better scans will be soon, as well for Rosario + Vampire and Claymore.

Last edited by servidor; 2009-12-26 at 13:10.
servidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-26, 12:40   Link #1854
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by servidor View Post
Cam pics for chapter 190 is out, very poor quality at the usual place. I guess better scans will be soon, as well for Rosario + Vampire and Claymore.
yeah cam raw is out for 9h already ^^ there is even the full script but still no translation of it..

anyway the raw appeared way too early than it should be ^^ so rosario vampire raw we might see maybe in next week....

we have to wait for better quality... anyway the chapter was not soo much kick ass like c189.... it had 98% of "only" Kanda past.... and it still did not get any resolve if the fight between kanda and alma.... so we have to wait another month to maybe see the ending of this dream world

ehhh the onyl thing that was kinda good for me was the Road-Allen interreaction... she is so clingy to Allen now :P its just fun to see them interreacting... but still they got like 4panels in whole chapters T_______T SAD
Old 2009-12-27, 12:18   Link #1855
andrewsch5658
*Author

chapter 190

Spoiler for :

Overall, I enjoyed the chapter.
Old 2009-12-28, 03:44   Link #1856
Xion Valkyrie

What's with D-Gray Man nowadays? Did it switch to monthly or something?
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 05:08   Link #1857
andrewsch5658
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
What's with D-Gray Man nowadays? Did it switch to monthly or something?
It's now a monthly manga since chapter 188.
Old 2009-12-28, 16:32   Link #1858
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yep , Chapter 190 out !

Hilarious chapter .

Allen with Road lulz , she is always like that with him

Wow , Kanda and Alma's past XD
Lol when they lost their arms and "Time out"

So 193 days later , Kanda destroyed Alma .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 22:53   Link #1859
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsch5658 View Post
chapter 190

Spoiler for :

Overall, I enjoyed the chapter.
I think you are forgetting, Kanda was the one being called Alma. And the other one was called something else cant remember.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 23:34   Link #1860
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I think you are forgetting, Kanda was the one being called Alma. And the other one was called something else cant remember.
No, the other one was being called Alma. Kanda was being called Yu.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, manga, shounen, steampunk, supernatural