Haro Pwned U!!!!

https://sg.yahoo.com/style/clothed-h...101801487.html

sorry if its off topic, this is a good laugh
Old 2021-02-04, 08:21   Link #3882
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuuu View Post
Well, the cover of the magazine has been posted. SNK isn't front and center this week. We should be getting some info tomorrow or friday. I personally cannot wait for this chapter. I hope we get a lot of Zeke/Armin scenes. They haven't interacted much, if at all, and we haven't seen Zeke since chapter 122. I really want to hear what he has to say. Levi still has faith he made the right choice and Armin will save them all. Maybe Armin will finally prove his worth, as after he was saved, he hasn't really done a whole lot. Still love him though.

Any predictions?

I think Armin will figure something out with PATHS, Ymir, and Eren. I don't think Eren is in control. He strives for freedom, yet he's as much of a slave as always. He's been manipulated by Ymir from the beginning. I'm really beginning to think she's the true antagonist in the story, though that may be a little bit premature. She probably brought Zeke back to life just so he and Eren could meet and reach the PATH world. Yet even that was set in stone thanks to Eren's future memories he gained when he kissed historia's hand, among other memories he's had that we've seen and some we haven't seen yet.
I'm inclined to believe Ymir has been manipulating Eren all along too. It was hinted multiple times that despite his fight for freedom, Eren is the biggest slave in the story.
Old 2021-02-04, 08:30   Link #3883
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm inclined to believe Ymir has been manipulating Eren all along too. It was hinted multiple times that despite his fight for freedom, Eren is the biggest slave in the story.
But why would Ymir want to kill every non Eldian? It's the Eldians that she should hate. Moreover killing all non Eldians won't help her in anyway, meanwhile with Zeke's plan there would no longer be anyone to force her to work, at least she'd find peace.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-04, 10:58   Link #3884
Yuuu

There's a new supposed spoiler I accidentally ready.

Spoiler:

Only two people come to mind, honestly. But I doubt the authenticity considering last time we had some "spoilers" a day or two before the chapter dropped and they were wrong.
Yuuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-04, 12:39   Link #3885
Yuuu

Quote:
I think Eren is a slave to Ymir based on his eyes, which are just like Ymir's now, and the fact that when we see him in the Founding Titan, he's completely knocked out; it's clear he's not in control. I was going to write an article that Eren is a slave to Ymir, or even a slave to the Attack Titan, knowing that the future is fixed. He cannot change it. That's not freedom, it's a prison.

I think at the end Eren will achieve freedom, and I actually subscribe to the timeloop theory for a number of reasons I outline in an article, plus more, but I don't want to seem like I'm self-promoting here for the sake of it. I love Attack on Titan, so that's one thing, but man it's getting me so much traffic lol.

I think, at the end, it's Armin who saves everyone. This is something that has been a constant idea ever since he became the Colossal Titan.
Old 2021-02-04, 12:56   Link #3886
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
But why would Ymir want to kill every non Eldian? It's the Eldians that she should hate. Moreover killing all non Eldians won't help her in anyway, meanwhile with Zeke's plan there would no longer be anyone to force her to work, at least she'd find peace.
Non-Eldians first through the rumbling, Eldians last through whatever means of control she has over them.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-05, 03:20   Link #3887
Yuuu

An alleged summary re: spoilers have been posted. Usually they are accurate. I have no idea if these are after last week's fiasco. The chapter will drop soon anyway, but if these are true where it will go from here is truly unpredictable re: the last two chapters. I'm not going to post the spoilers here, kinda regret reading them myself, but I need to use them to draft my review (I own a media outlet and want to be first) for the chapter (if they're real) so I can get it out as soon as its posted.

Has anyone else read them?
Old 2021-02-05, 08:55   Link #3888
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Non-Eldians first through the rumbling, Eldians last through whatever means of control she has over them.
Well now, if this was true, I wish there was a world where Floch managed to stop the heroes. I would love to see his face after the titans return to Paradis to stomp it.

Still, the more I think about this the more it doesn't make sense. It is an established fact that the royal family is so deeply affected by the memories of their ancestors that they will inevitably bend to those wills upon receiving the founding titan power. Well, it so happens that the royal family are the direct descendants of Ymir.

Just how does it make sense that they are affected so much by Karl Fritz, but they are immune to Ymir? And how does it make sense that Eren is immune to Karl Fritz but totally weak to Ymir?

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2021-02-05 at 09:09.
Old 2021-02-05, 23:10   Link #3889
Yuuu

The spoilers were true. Images are making the go-around (I've seen a ton, but not the whole chapter, and it's not translated), but my god I have no idea where the series is going with these last two chapters. This is unreal. If you want to know what happens I'll spoiler tag the spoilers.

Spoiler:

Just...I need to read it as a chapter, but this is kinda lame IMO. I have to see how it all plays out though before I judge.
Old 2021-02-07, 18:09   Link #3890
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Chapter 137 makes little sense

Spoiler for 137:
Old 2021-02-07, 21:20   Link #3891
Yuuu

We’re going to have to read the actual chapter. It’s frustrating because usually we have it by now but 🤷🏻*♂️. I think Ymir has her own agenda and the Rumbling may just be a part of it. Also.

Spoiler:
Old 2021-02-08, 11:02   Link #3892
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuuu View Post
We’re going to have to read the actual chapter. It’s frustrating because usually we have it by now but 🤷🏻*♂️. I think Ymir has her own agenda and the Rumbling may just be a part of it. Also.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2021-02-08, 12:02   Link #3893
Yuuu

Quote:
Spoiler:
Interesting idea. And for people who have seen the spoilers, please don't freak out, so much was given out of context. Also, the title is "Kyojin."

Here's a review for the chapter, and it's legit.

Attack on Titan Chapter 137 Review

Spoiler:

EDIT: Chapter is up in full, finally.

Last edited by Yuuu; 2021-02-08 at 16:59.
Old 2021-02-08, 18:17   Link #3894
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well, this was a lot easier than I expected.

I thought Armin would come up with another of his brilliant plans, but all he did was convincing Zeke that life should be preserved, and so Zeke apparently had the power to take control of the founding titan power (at least partially) all along and he just lacked conviction. I can't explain it in any other way, because certainly they didn't persuade Ymir of anything, besides if that were the case all titans would have switched side, not just a few.

Though ostensibly it should be game over for Eren at this point, since Zeke is no longer alive, who knows, maybe it's not really the end yet. Maybe Ymir will actually act on her own at this point due to Eren's meddling.

Old 2021-02-08, 19:25   Link #3895
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Zeke implies all Ymir ever really wanted was a loving family. I'm pretty sure she could have stopped the "revived" shifters if she had wanted to, but she didn't. Maybe Armin's talk no jutsu worked not only on Zeke but on her as well.

I thought there were three chapters left but there are only two, I doubt there will be some massive twist.
Old 2021-02-08, 20:18   Link #3896
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well she could have stopped the revived shifters that were opposing Armin and friends, but she didn't do that either. I think that in the end she doesn't really have a mind of her own, or at least it isn't a strong one and so she is simply affected by the mind of her users, and since there are essentially two of them that's how the ambivalent behavior can be explained.

Old 2021-02-09, 04:44   Link #3897
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
It's doubtful there is going to be a major twist in the 2 last chapter, it's mostly going to be a long wrapup, like what happened in Return of the King when there is this long conclusion after the destruction of the One Ring. Funny enough, Zeke's role could be compared to Gollum, an antagonist mostly kept alive because he's the only one who could have stopped it when the protag have failed.

I'll give it to Isayama: unlike the writers of the TV series Game of Thrones, he tried to stay true to all the plot elements or keys to solve those he layed through the story, compared to the GoT TV series where it was plagued by a "plot twists and Subvert Expectations at all cost". Like Marco wanted, before his demise, "they could have sit down, talk and try to work things out", this is what Armin have done while staying true to his character. And he did save the world, or whatever is left of it, as Eren said it long ago. And Eren is released and free, no more the slave of the memories of the future.
And Revi did it as he promised Erwin. So I expected him to kick the bucket soon, Death Flag 101.

I'd laugh if Jean end up with either Mikasa or surprise Pieck. He is one of my favorite.

My minus point is that its clear Isayama would have needed more time, but he had to hurry because 1. Maybe the anime production committee told him that there wont be a fifth season. 2. Various circumstances pushed the publishers to tell him he needed to finish. All themes, the foreshadowings, etc, played out like they were shoehorned in one chapter. I count on the anime to fix that feel, I mean they did justice to Sasha's death and the aftermath, and fixed the coup d'etat arc.

To adapt all of that, S4 either gonna be a split cour with a pause till summer, or S4 + movie as rumored. I just dont see them doing all of that with just 16 episodes if various anime list sites are to be believed.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-09, 11:39   Link #3898
Blaat

I wouldn't rule out any new twist yet, twist in 138, climax and end in 139 with maybe one or two pages of epilogue. The final chapter of a manga dedicated to an epilogue is something that rarely happens. Monster and Naruto are two that cross my mind although I hope I'm wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I'd laugh if Jean end up with either Mikasa or surprise Pieck. He is one of my favorite.
Jean x Pieck as a pair the spare has crossed my mind as well due to their interaction in the last few chapters.
Old 2021-02-09, 12:37   Link #3899
foxbox360
New Age Badass

I smell a huge scheme from Eren because we haven't seen his POV before his death. He probably manipulated them to attack that worms for a unknown reason. Ymir is going with Eren plan to give the Alliance a false hope but why. I guess the next two chapters might be longer.
Old 2021-02-09, 20:29   Link #3900
Ligerleon89

I have to agree. We haven't seen much of Eren. Besides him being knocked out the last time we've seen him. After all the time I've invested looking into characters like him. Such people aren't one to take it lying down without having some counter strategy, a contingency to scenarios like that. It feels almost too easy to take out Eren before the smoke truly clears. Not without his perspective.

Last edited by Ligerleon89; 2021-02-09 at 20:40.
Ligerleon89 is offline   Reply With Quote