Notices

Old 2011-11-25, 23:25   Link #1781
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Its in the Japanese wikipedia
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%...82%AE%E3%82%B9

OZ suits all have pagan religion associations anyway (including Vayate and Mercurius which are based on an Egyptian and Roman god), so Tallgeese might just be a butchered romanization.
Oh, fantastic! Thanx for the source . It's so sad that I can't read Japanese . I also like to know the meaning of Tallgeese since looong ago. Does that mean the sites that said that the name is related to its height are wrong?
Old 2011-12-05, 10:22   Link #1782
SailorStar9

Gundam Wing: Wing ZERO blueprints

The big Wing ZERO question: Why the heck did Instructor H leave the Wing ZERO blueprints on Colony L4?

I mean ain't those like, super-top-secret and the ZERO System extremely dangerous?
SailorStar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 11:35   Link #1783
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorStar9 View Post
The big Wing ZERO question: Why the heck did Instructor H leave the Wing ZERO blueprints on Colony L4?

I mean ain't those like, super-top-secret and the ZERO System extremely dangerous?
I doubt he just left them lying around for anyone to find. They were probably encrypted with several layers of security, and if you recall from the second episode the Earth Alliance barely even made a scratch in the disk Heero was carrying on him, so we know the encryption the Doctors and Gundam pilots use is nothing to sneeze at. Wing Zero probably had even more intense security on it, which could only be broken by the Doctors or someone who knew their coding protocols (i.e. the pilots).
Old 2011-12-05, 11:39   Link #1784
SailorStar9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
I doubt he just left them lying around for anyone to find.
Then, how the heck did Quatre find the disc?
Old 2011-12-05, 11:43   Link #1785
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorStar9 View Post
Then, how the heck did Quatre find the disc?
He was probably searching the Doctor's facilities and any files he could find with an electron microscope for anything that could help him. By that point in time, he had gone off the deep end and there was only one thing on his mind.
Old 2011-12-05, 11:45   Link #1786
SailorStar9

Quote:
He was probably searching the Doctor's facilities and any files he could find with an electron microscope for anything that could help him. By that point in time, he had gone off the deep end and there was only one thing on his mind.
Thanks a bunch. That has been bugging me ever since i re-watched episode 24.

But my main gripe is why did Instructor H leave the Wing ZERO blueprints on Colony L4? With such sensitive information, won't be better if he a) took the disc with him or b) left the disc somewhere else other than the most obvious places?

Last edited by SailorStar9; 2011-12-05 at 19:01.
Old 2011-12-05, 16:15   Link #1787
archmorg

So recently I have had this quote stuck in my head from a Gundam series, and I cannot remember the whole thing. I'd like the precise quote who said it and when if anyone could. It talks of how life is like mirror or glass shards or something like that that.
archmorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 16:30   Link #1788
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by archmorg View Post
So recently I have had this quote stuck in my head from a Gundam series, and I cannot remember the whole thing. I'd like the precise quote who said it and when if anyone could. It talks of how life is like mirror or glass shards or something like that that.
I've seen all but three Gundam shows, and I can't remember such a quote from any of them. That being said, that does sound like a quote from Code Geass, during which happiness is being compared to glass.
Old 2011-12-05, 16:49   Link #1789
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
I've seen all but three Gundam shows, and I can't remember such a quote from any of them. That being said, that does sound like a quote from Code Geass, during which happiness is being compared to glass.
Yes, I recall it in Code Geass as well (I believe Lelouch was repeating something Suzaku said once?). I'm not sure whether there was one in Gundam though.
Old 2011-12-05, 17:16   Link #1790
archmorg

ooo maybe that was it, because I recall a character in with brown hair saying it. Thought it was Kira. That makes sense, as i just went over the movies of gundam seed and destiny finding no reference to it. Thanks, any ideas what ep it was said on?
archmorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 21:05   Link #1791
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by archmorg View Post
ooo maybe that was it, because I recall a character in with brown hair saying it. Thought it was Kira. That makes sense, as i just went over the movies of gundam seed and destiny finding no reference to it. Thanks, any ideas what ep it was said on?
Season 2. I believe it was episode seven.
Old 2011-12-29, 18:23   Link #1792
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quick question: is ep 12 even out?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 18:33   Link #1793
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Quick question: is ep 12 even out?
I assume you're talking about AGE? If so, then no, it's not out yet.
Old 2011-12-30, 08:42   Link #1794
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
question: do all the mecha appeared in Ring of Gundam have any official names?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 21:47   Link #1795
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Game question: What did the Extreme Gundam say upon forming up its Gundam body and doing the angelic pose?

It'll be nice if one could provide the romanji translation as well.
Old 2012-02-04, 00:54   Link #1796
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Game question: What did the Extreme Gundam say upon forming up its Gundam body and doing the angelic pose?

It'll be nice if one could provide the romanji translation as well.
「極限の絶望を見せてやる。」
"kyokugen no zetsubou wo miseteyaru"
"I'll show you what's extreme despair."
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 03:05   Link #1797
monster

I don't know where to post this probably unanswerable question, so I'll just use this thread.

As of time of this post, there are 81 views in the AGE episode 20 thread. My question: Who are these people and what is it that these people expect to read in the first post? It's not like there's any summary unlike, say, a Naruto manga chapter thread.

It just amazes me that there could be so many views after only the opening post. And it happens with every AGE episode thread.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 03:03   Link #1798
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
They're probably just entering for fun, it only takes a 20-30 seconds to enter and leave a thread. Sometimes you just enter a thread that's just bolded on the index, I have that habit although I purposely avoid the new episode threads just incase there are spoilers.
Old 2012-02-29, 03:55   Link #1799
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
They're probably just entering for fun, it only takes a 20-30 seconds to enter and leave a thread. Sometimes you just enter a thread that's just bolded on the index, I have that habit although I purposely avoid the new episode threads just incase there are spoilers.

Yeah, I sometimes find myself clicking at a new thread before realizing there's nothing there. I'm just wondering if there's an actual reason besides that. But, I guess not.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 00:53   Link #1800
msarge00
Rookie

Gundam Wing: UESA & Specials/OZ

What is the Specials relationship to the UESA? Are they a paramilitary force, a special forces command, or a separate branch of the UESA military?

What is the rank structure used for the UESA and the Specials/OZ, and do they use the same ranks? And has there ever been a rank table released? One thing that has always bothered me with OZ is that everyone seems to be a Lieutenant, and I'd like to know if this is true or not. I've found a chart on the Japanese Wikipedia website, but there's no citation, so I'm skeptical of its reliability. Not to mention, I'm at the mercy of Google Translate. C'est la vie.

Much thanks in advance!
msarge00 is offline   Reply With Quote