AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-18, 12:13   Link #1
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Welcome Back! (Please Read - Poll Results)

Hey all. Welcome back to the Mai-HiME/Mai-Otome forum.

As you probably know, the forums suffered an attacked and we lost some forum data. Some Mai-Otome threads were lost in the process. I’m very sorry about that. For those that lost a thread in progress, feel free to restart it. If you need help using Google to try and retrieve some of the thread data, just ask.

If you want to discuss what happened to the forum or you’re looking for an explanation, see this thread: WTF Happened to the Forum?!?.

The poll results from the first Favorite Coral Otome poll are as follows:

Arika Yumemiya – 59 votes (29.65%) – Winner!
Nina Wáng – 45 votes (22.61%) - Third
Erstin Ho – 56 votes (28.14%) - Second

Irina Woods – 24 votes (12.06%)
Tomoe Marguerite – 13 votes (6.53%)
Miya Clochette - 2 votes (1.01%)

Lilie Adean – 0 votes (0%)
Yayoi Alter – 0 votes (0%)

(click the image to see poll results)

That's the last polling data that I could find (dated: Dec 11, 2005). I say we don’t restart the Poll until the finial episode of Mai-Otome airs. We’ll have the entire rest of the series to become fond of someone prior to voting. I changed the format of the Episode threads a bit -- added some thread rules and a separate poll for each episode.

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a Private Message or ask here. Cheers.
Old 2005-12-18, 15:29   Link #2
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author

Well, it's good this boards back. Well done to the admin/mod team for getting this back. F***ing hackers. Damn.. so.. Arika 'won' through hacking and the board going down.. who'd have thought..

Good to see you back, Catgirls, well done for getting this forum on it's way to it's previous self.
Old 2005-12-18, 15:43   Link #3
SpeedRcrX
Ba~bu~!

Yeah it's good to have the forum back, I missed it !
The result for Biglobe poll is out too.
Shizuru wins !
http://character.biglobe.ne.jp/speci...e/special.html

Mai Otome Official website host a poll, everyone know what to do !!
http://www.my-zhime.net/event/entry.html
Old 2005-12-18, 15:50   Link #4
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRcrX
Yeah it's good to have the forum back, I missed it !
The result for Biglobe poll is out too.
Shizuru wins !
http://character.biglobe.ne.jp/speci...e/special.html

Mai Otome Official website host a poll, everyone know what to do !!
http://www.my-zhime.net/event/entry.html
Wow.. I didn't think those would be the results. I wonder how close it was. Looks like Natsuki's new personality cost her points. I also wonder just how our new Shizuru became such a winner.

And, I would be lieing if I said I knew what the options were in that poll. What is 'Step 1' and 'Step 2'. I know those are character names, and which is which, but what is the difference between the boxes?
Old 2005-12-18, 15:54   Link #5
SpeedRcrX
Ba~bu~!

I don't know what Step 1 and Step 2 means, but I vote anyway
(I don't think I have to tell you for whom I vote )
Perhaps someone here can help us !
Old 2005-12-18, 16:14   Link #6
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRcrX
I don't know what Step 1 and Step 2 means, but I vote anyway
(I don't think I have to tell you for whom I vote )
Perhaps someone here can help us !
That's a matching poll for who you want to be the room attendant and their onee-sama. Step 1, you have to choose a room attendant. Step 2, you have to choose an onee-sama. The list of names is the same for both and they are:

Arika
Nina
Erstin
Irina
Tomoe
Miya
Yayoi
Lilie
Mashiro
Mikoto
Akane
Chie
Shiho
Nao
Natsuki
Shizuru
Maria
Yukariko
Youko
Aoi
Haruka
Yukino
Midori
Miyu
Old 2005-12-18, 16:27   Link #7
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author

So you can, like, match two people in the same year? Interesting.. I had found that awhile ago, and knew the names for the characters just couldn't figure out the 'Step' things. I'm personally all for setting up Nina and Erstin. But, to be honest, I'm not sure. Natsuki and Shizuru seem mighty tempting. Then again so do Nina and Erstin. And Nina and Nao. And Natsuki and Nao. Damn. Too many possibilities..
Old 2005-12-18, 16:34   Link #8
Sakuya
*Artist

Hehehehe...Maria... I wonder how many votes she'll get. This will be interesting.
Old 2005-12-18, 16:35   Link #9
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
Hehehehe...Maria... I wonder how many votes she'll get. This will be interesting.
Eeeeep.. *_______*
Old 2005-12-18, 17:19   Link #10
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

It's so good to see this back! I was getting forum withdrawals.....YAY it's back

--Lone Wolf
Old 2005-12-18, 17:33   Link #11
Diodati
The very united ACROSS

You did end up ''ripping your hair out'' didn't you Wolf? ^_~

Nice to see this back, it's a shame people gets their kicks out of such immaturity, but I really appreciate the time consuming work people have done to retrieve all the past threads.
Old 2005-12-18, 17:38   Link #12
LonelyWolf

Nothing will keep us from praising Mai Otome/Hime on this forum. We ain't going nowhere ;-)
Old 2005-12-18, 17:42   Link #13
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diodati
You did end up ''ripping your hair out'' didn't you Wolf? ^_~

Nice to see this back, it's a shame people gets their kicks out of such immaturity, but I really appreciate the time consuming work people have done to retrieve all the past threads.

Yeah...I'm afraid I did

But now my scalp can recover. I'm really looking forward to next episode discussions once again. And from the looks of things, Mai Otome is definitely going to get even more exciting with even more familiar faces.

EDIT: And yes, I'm grateful for the hard work the people have put in to try to recover as much of the forum as they can. A Big KUDOS to you guys!

--Lone Wolf
Old 2005-12-19, 03:08   Link #14
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author

We needn't worry, we arn't even half way through this series and the bad stuff is gonna start soon. There is plenty to debate and discuss, I'm sure that in 3 or 4 episodes time all this will just be a bad memory. The sad collection of old posts and threads will be shifted onto the next page and we can get back into our routine.

EDIT: It's great to see how this forum has recovered already and its only been a day or so. It's like everyone is going double-time to post.

Last edited by Preston; 2005-12-19 at 14:08.
Old 2005-12-20, 12:34   Link #15
arian

Archived History

As we all know, due to unfortunate events, this section has lost almost all threads and posts and had to restart from scratch. But the history is not lost!

I've managed to save almost ENTIRE past discussion in the form of archive threads cached at Google,Yahoo!,and MSN and put it into public web space here:

http://rapidshare.de/files/9497619/H...chive.zip.html (3.3MB zip file)

This file contains approximately 250 pages of archived discussions from this section. Almost everything that happened in 2005 in Mai-HiME section is saved, with only small exceptions:
  • I couldn't find the 2nd part of the famous "episode 26 discussion - SPOILER HELL" thread, unfortunately
  • Some of the newest discussion threads is only partially saved - for example Mai Otome episode 8,9,10 discusions
  • Some pointless threads are missing, for obvious reasons

Note that these archives aren't formatted in any way, so there are Google,MSN, etc. notices left.
The pages are named after thread numbers, for example "26307.htm".
If you want to know the actual name of the thread, please refer to the following table:
http://rapidshare.de/files/9514000/HiME_a1.txt.html (9KB text file)

Of course I don't know whether similar work has been done already, so this post may be needless. Simply treat it as a small tribute to the greatness of animesuki forums and this section from fellow Mai-HiME (and Otome) fan.
Old 2005-12-20, 12:46   Link #16
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by arian
As we all know, due to unfortunate events, this section has lost almost all threads and posts and had to restart from scratch. But the history is not lost!
Thanks tons for all your hard work. Much appreciated.

FYI: all these pages will expire as some point and become invalid. Google/Yahoo don’t keep these archived pages around forever, so if you want any information from these pages, grab it now because soon enough, all the HTML in this ZIP file will expire.

Thanks again arian for grabbing all these. I'll use some of your hard work for putting together some of the lost Episode threads.

Cheers.
Closed Thread