AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-01-31, 19:24   Link #11881
ccie20012

I look forward to coming into action a Zenkichi. He must do something.
IMHO some on forum does not correctly position the capabilities of Zen.
No one can compete with Medaka in area what is called skills, capabilities, and the like.
What is called Abnormality.
Even the title of her Abnormality - the End - transparently hinted at it.
Whatever the strongest character in the manga Medaka will win it.
Why? This is invented by the author. This is its key feature.
Then what is the key role Zenkitchi? Do what Medaka can not do.
This is his core business.
My opinion is that some people on the forum constantly wants to Zen make not his job.

What I want to say. If we turn to politics. Executive and legislative branches. Let Medaka will be the President. All remember and know Presidents US. This historical figures. Few people remember all the members of Congress. But important both.
This is a very simplified example. I do not discuss politics US. Just as an example. You can choose any other country.
ccie20012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 09:21   Link #11882
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

I don't get why people disliked this chapter. Medaka winning is no surprise, that's pretty much what she does, that's sort of the point of her existence. The reason this chapter was any good was the ending that I shan't spoil.
Libros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 09:32   Link #11883
jamiea483

i have to agree that.
that is a good twist.
jamiea483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 09:50   Link #11884
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I don't dislike this chapter because Medaka won...I dislike it because it was boring. I know Nishio's wall of text style and I like it most of the time, but this chapter was just 90% wall of text about her technique...yes, it explained things well but to me in particular it just made the chapter boring as hell...

The plot twist at the end was good though, I was NOT expecting it at all.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 09:53   Link #11885
defki

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post
I honestly have to agree at this point that the Medaka hate is getting really old. You're always welcome to voice your opinions, but sometimes we should move the discussion to other places.
You know what is also getting old? This pathetic Medaka hater card that some of you here likes to throw out when someone says something negative even without mentioning Medaka.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 10:47   Link #11886
Sixth
Hu Tao

The fight between Iihiko is borefest. EVerything decided with one attack? Lame.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 11:07   Link #11887
attobyte

I'm completely lost here.
Hasn't Medaka took over the Kurokami group, causing Zenkichi to leave her because he finally succeeded in his main goal; which was to turn Medaka into someone plenty capable of making her own decisions without his or anyone else's interference; that leading ultimately to Zenkichi to be freed from the shackles that were put on him by Medaka since the very 1st day they met?
attobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 11:13   Link #11888
Meltyred

Medaka got killed 2 times in a row...
Sheesh that's hardcore.
Fresh stuff though.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 11:55   Link #11889
Thth
???

Last 2 pages
Though people should expect Medaka to somehow make a comeback defeat IIhiko and save Shiranui. Expecting anything else at this point is delusional....
Thth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 12:25   Link #11890
Viridian

Wait, Iihiko's perfect defense could be broken just by Medaka hitting him with more power? And a freaking image can reduce air resistance?

Frankly, I would have been satisfied with a semi-contrived explanation of Medaka figuring out how to use styles to "reach" Iihiko (after Nienami said she was using styles wrong earlier) but this BS physics solution just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

At least Iihiko wasn't really defeated, otherwise I would have been really pissed off.
Old 2013-02-02, 12:28   Link #11891
Lupus753

^Nisio seems to be making stuff up as he goes. He might not even know how this ends. This might make things idiotic or completely unpredicatable. If even the author doesn't know how it will end, what chance, then do we have?
Lupus753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 12:42   Link #11892
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupus753 View Post
^Nisio seems to be making stuff up as he goes. He might not even know how this ends. This might make things idiotic or completely unpredicatable. If even the author doesn't know how it will end, what chance, then do we have?
Sorry to rain on your parade, but Nisio plans one year ahead. So no, he clearly knows what he's doing, and he knows how's this going to end too.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 12:46   Link #11893
Last Carpet

Quote:
Personally I think he comes up with ideas on the fly and pins them to a dartboard to decide which ones to use.

I LOVED THE ENDING!!!!
IT WAS SO FRESH!!!

Nisio went out of his way to explain how IIhiko was just like Medaka in that he was born lucky, a monster who the world revolves around making him victorious in everything. I think we were all expecting Medaka to pull some new power out of her ass and win against this new villain, so much so that we forgot he wasn't actually a villain. That Medaka was out to save Shiranui from something she didn't actually need saving from, in the end this was just Medaka forcing her views on someone else. Ajimu said that in a fight in a manga, the more heroic one wins, but just being Medaka's opposition didn't make IIhiko evil by default.

So she loses.

I can't wait for the next chapter. It's bound to be Fresh!!!

Last edited by Last Carpet; 2013-02-02 at 14:48.
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 12:57   Link #11894
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
Sorry to rain on your parade, but Nisio plans one year ahead. So no, he clearly knows what he's doing, and he knows how's this going to end too.
I think it's more that he knows what he's doing, but exactly what he's doing is kinda goofy. Also, Medaka is supposed to be moving faster than the speed of sound in that whole attack right? How did Zenkichi and company such get any time in to have that little dialogue there? Manga/Anime seems to commit this offense quite often, so I'm not surprised, I just find it funny.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 12:58   Link #11895
Homura7

Fools will try to make me believe what they want, but the truth is Medaka is not coming back from this. Her body is completely messed up, her guts got pierced so now she can't even use the style to support herself. And the title, "Kurokami Final". This is the end for Medaka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
I think it's more that he knows what he's doing, but exactly what he's doing is kinda goofy. Also, Medaka is supposed to be moving faster than the speed of sound in that whole attack right? How did Zenkichi and company such get any time in to have that little dialogue there? Manga/Anime seems to commit this offense quite often, so I'm not surprised, I just find it funny.
Reading by panels you always will have the sensation everything is going slow, but in reality all the talk they had only needed a few seconds.
Old 2013-02-02, 13:01   Link #11896
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Fools will try to make me believe what they want, but the truth is Medaka is not coming back from this.
Hah.
Quote:
Her body is completely messed up, her guts got pierced so now she can't even use the style to support herself. And the title, "Kurokami Final". This is the end for Medaka.
And thus, the end for the manga.
As much as I want her to die and for it to continue focusing on characters who don't suck, she is the title character and so by definition she will survive anything.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 13:04   Link #11897
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Hah.

And thus, the end for the manga.
As much as I want her to die and for it to continue focusing on characters who don't suck, she is the title character and so by definition she will survive anything.
Nope, it won't.

And I should have clarified first. It's the end of Medaka as a monster. Oh, and this battle also ends there, there isn't gonna be another assault.

And she doesn't suck, don't even insist with that. You only dislike her for being an overpowered sue and blablablah.
Old 2013-02-02, 13:12   Link #11898
Lupus753

Quote:
And she doesn't suck, don't even insist with that. You only dislike her for being an overpowered sue and blablablah.
I believe that thinking a character sucks is a subjective viewpoint, not an objective one as you imply. Also, that sounds like a pretty legitimate reason to hate someone.
Lupus753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 13:16   Link #11899
Homura7

Quote:
I believe that thinking a character sucks is a subjective viewpoint, not an objective one as you imply. Also, that sounds like a pretty legitimate reason to hate someone.
To each its own.

Anyway, from here on Zenkichi takes the spotlight. I'm eagerly waiting for Nisio to bring back the anecdote of the eraser and see how this fits in the plot.

As for the chapter, any rate less than Superb would be unfair.
Old 2013-02-02, 13:23   Link #11900
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
To each its own.

Anyway, from here on Zenkichi takes the spotlight. I'm eagerly waiting for Nisio to bring back the anecdote of the eraser and see how this fits in the plot.

As for the chapter, any rate less than Superb would be unfair.
I disagree. Any rating above or below "hmm..interesting."(6-7/10) would be unjust. I can't say it's "Superb"(8-9/10) it's just "interesting." Saying the chapter wasn't interesting is just being unfair.
Libros is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council