AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-03-07, 01:02   Link #3641
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
However, WoWP is a whole other story. It really is inferior to WT.
Nah, World of Warships would be my 2nd choice and World of Warplanes my 3rd.

That is, if I can even find time to play them all.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 01:08   Link #3642
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

I wouldn't bother with any of them since Warthunder will have all three genres in one.

BTW UTE, if you plan on getting a Tier X, the best tank that you might like would be the T110E5. That thing is decent speed/traverse spd, turns on a dime, the turret rotation feels smooth and quick like a medium turret, the armor is adequate enough to bounce shots or pen with no dmg, gun does well but bounces on the german tanks. I can't argue with 2200 hp and 120mm gun, its like riding from LA to SD in a convertible. If you ever want to see it in action we should do a training session if anyone wants to join I'll be happy to include anyone.

Just notify me the time you want to do it.

Anyways the problem you'll have is grinding to the T110E5. Right now I'm free xping my way towards the T110E4.
Old 2013-03-07, 02:11   Link #3643
Gravitas Free Zone

The widespread adoption of the T110E5 for clan wars does point to its overall versatility (in spite of its laughable rear armor). I definitely am considering it as a Tier 10.

I ended up diverting a chunk of free XP to fully-upgrading the Pershing as soon as I got it, and am still slowly getting the XP normally for the T32.

I have been pounding out dailies recently to build up convertible free XP instead of working on the T29, so I would have a bit of flexibility for 8.4, but nothing coming out is really to my interest (though I will probably try the superspeedy PzII variant for laughs).

So far, swapping the camo net for grousers on the PzIV isn't totally winning me over. I think the significant extra weight is offsetting some of the movement bonuses, and that crew doesn't have BiA. I'll give that switch a bit longer, but I have a feeling that better concealment will win out (the IV has a reasonably-good camo value for a medium).
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 03:32   Link #3644
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

The Leopard 1 looks much better in grey than the silver we saw it last time...

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 07:20   Link #3645
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

much better

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 08:58   Link #3646
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
The widespread adoption of the T110E5 for clan wars does point to its overall versatility (in spite of its laughable rear armor). I definitely am considering it as a Tier 10.

I ended up diverting a chunk of free XP to fully-upgrading the Pershing as soon as I got it, and am still slowly getting the XP normally for the T32.

I have been pounding out dailies recently to build up convertible free XP instead of working on the T29, so I would have a bit of flexibility for 8.4, but nothing coming out is really to my interest (though I will probably try the superspeedy PzII variant for laughs).

So far, swapping the camo net for grousers on the PzIV isn't totally winning me over. I think the significant extra weight is offsetting some of the movement bonuses, and that crew doesn't have BiA. I'll give that switch a bit longer, but I have a feeling that better concealment will win out (the IV has a reasonably-good camo value for a medium).
simple, just don't let them get behind you when you play T110E5. only scouts would be able to get behind me, but I manage to kill them off.

I can talk on my main account tonight. well i'll prolly have to update my desktops again to 8.4. wonder how big it will be.

idk low tiers don't really interest me, I'm starting to hate tier III, becuz they get in tier V matches frequently. I'm free xping past the M5A1 to the Type T-34 and up.
Old 2013-03-07, 11:03   Link #3647
Gravitas Free Zone

The PzI Ausf. C really does have the 7.92mm MG as its top gun (though it starts with the 20mm Breda). So aside from its nominal 79 KPH top speed (which is apparently difficult to reach), what's the point?

Jumping the Westfield bridge gets old pretty quickly.

On the plus side, the significant rearrangement of the German tech tree meant that the XP that I was building up in the PzIII/IV to unlock the Hummel all became unlockable free XP and the III/IV became elite. (And vehicles that were previously elited remain elited, despite new branches growing off of their tech trees.)

I now have 100K free XP, which... really doesn't solve a lot of problems when you're poking at Tier 8 and up.
Old 2013-03-07, 11:11   Link #3648
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

100k is nothing if ur getting a tier 9 or 10. took me about a week to get the T110E5 from the M103 thru free xp. I forget how long it took me to get the M103, prolly the same amount of time or less.
Old 2013-03-07, 12:27   Link #3649
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

That Leopard 1 looks terribly sexy.

And i'm currently downloading the update, 6mb conection my ass, I calculated that in 2 more hours will be ready. Anyway, i'll play Civ V on the meantime
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 13:01   Link #3650
Tak

I just briefly glimpsed the new tier changes and noticed the 2801 received only modest armor & HP boost but retained the same tier 5 weapon and made it slower.

Of course, most of you are aware, the 7.5 cm KwK 40 L/48 isn't terribly effective even for its tier... I am curious... anybody even bothering trying out the new 2801 at all?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-03-07, 13:20   Link #3651
Gravitas Free Zone

I've still got my VK2801 (saving for whatever follows it in 8.5+), so I'll probably give it a whirl later, after I finish figuring out which mods are incompatible with 8.4.

We're not even talking about major mods here, it's the little tiny stuff that can crash your client...
Old 2013-03-07, 13:21   Link #3652
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I just briefly glimpsed the new tier changes and noticed the 2801 received only modest armor & HP boost but retained the same tier 5 weapon and made it slower.

Of course, most of you are aware, the 7.5 cm KwK 40 L/48 isn't terribly effective even for its tier... I am curious... anybody even bothering trying out the new 2801 at all?

- Tak
I'll be trying it out - I bought it not too long before the patch announcement but never played it cause I never got the crew up .. from the notes, it seems like the vehicle is slower but might handle better. Which I am fine with.. ultimately for the VK2801 .. you must run the 10.5 and you must run gold. I'd play it similar to the T71 but with more burst ..
Old 2013-03-07, 13:29   Link #3653
Gravitas Free Zone

First impression: The nerfed VK2801 might turn slightly better, but now it accelerates like a Trabant. Never mind losing 12 KPH off the top speed, getting to the top speed is now a challenge, and if you turn during acceleration the speed hit is still significant.
Old 2013-03-07, 13:32   Link #3654
Tak

Every single time I see people playing the 2801, the Leo light, and/or the T-50-2... I am reminded of how difficult it was to grind for the Chaffee, where I drove a precursor tank that could see, but never fight back. Of course, the end result was a rewarding one, since the Chaffee could actually fight-back.

With the Leo light and the 2801 though... you've got to be a masochist to drive those things

- Tak

Old 2013-03-07, 13:54   Link #3655
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

I'm the first one to get in the game... i just finished patching.
Old 2013-03-07, 13:54   Link #3656
Sumeragi
Banned

Been there, done that. Putting on hold my use of the P II Ausf. G until I change my radio operator into a loader.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 13:55   Link #3657
Gravitas Free Zone

I ended up selling the crewless 1602 Leopard.

I was just starting to get used to the oddities of the 2801, and now it's changed.

And people like the T-50-2, because it has the 57mm and can actually turn. But it's supposed to get the hardest nerf of all and go away...

I think I was the first one here to get updated, it's just that I was not on for more than five minutes at a time, while I checked the mods for breakage. I haven't really had any fun yet. And definitely no fun in the nerfy 2801.
Old 2013-03-07, 14:00   Link #3658
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

you change your crew's job??? i thought once a get a crew you can't change their job, so you would need to get a new crew if you wanted someone else to do a different job.

still kinda n00bish about crew moving etc.
Old 2013-03-07, 14:02   Link #3659
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
you change your crew's job??? i thought once a get a crew you can't change their job, so you would need to get a new crew if you wanted someone else to do a different job.

still kinda n00bish about crew moving etc.
No, you can't change it currently, but the developers said they plan to allow that in the future.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 14:03   Link #3660
LeoXiao
思想工作

Weird, on the website it says the update from 8.3 to 8.4 is 200 mb, but the game launcher is making me download 800 mb. wtf?

Also, sold my T-50 and moved crew to T-50-2. Not sure if that was a good idea.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks