AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2016-04-29, 22:52   Link #141
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
I don't think the fanbase is an "obstacle". The bigger problem is that the franchise isn't capturing the attention of young people in Japan these days. And rightfully so, since the themes of war hasnt exactly been relevant to the country for 70 years.
That and the current fanbase is extremely divisive, and to some degree, will go so far as to sabotage. We all know they did a damn good job at crippling Gundam AGE's ratings before the show even began.
Old 2016-04-29, 23:01   Link #142
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkone45 View Post
There is only one that high and its the  *3.8 * everything else is pretty low.
Yes, because the show is well liked by older male viewers (which is what m3 is, the numbers beside overall numbers breakdown the demographics that are watching it), which isn't really surprising given this is a Gundam Universal Century show. The teenage demographic isn't doing that badly as well though not as good as the older male viewers.

In any case, the numbers for the first two episodes have been pretty impressive for what is a low budget rehash show shown in a dead weekday timeslot. Whether it can keep it up is another matter though.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2016-04-29 at 23:25.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-30, 00:07   Link #143
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Yes, because the show is well liked by older male viewers (which is what m3 is, the numbers beside overall numbers breakdown the demographics that are watching it), which isn't really surprising given this is a Gundam Universal Century show. The teenage demographic isn't doing that badly as well though not as good as the older male viewers.

In any case, the numbers for the first two episodes have been pretty impressive for what is a low budget rehash show shown in a dead weekday timeslot. Whether it can keep it up is another matter though.
I'm not saying it a bad thing I was just pointing it out But I guess I lot of it is the same from the OVA and I know UC fans will still eat it up in the end anyways.

@Rising Dragon too divisive if you ask me.
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-30, 02:41   Link #144
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Now that I think about it, when was the last time a UC calender show actually aired in Japanese TV?
Old 2016-04-30, 05:01   Link #145
xeviouses

About 23 years ago, which is Victory Gundam iirc, not counting the reruns.

I'm assuming TV only, not counting OVAS? cause there was MS IGLOO in 2008.
xeviouses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-30, 07:03   Link #146
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Oh ya, for OVA we have had Unicorn some time back. It's normal for UC to have OVAs I guess and we have had Origin and others also more recently.

My speculation is that the older viewers that do watch it may have liked seeing a UC show on TV again, even if a rehash of a OVA. Just a wild guess.

Though it's also possible that people are tuning in just to see any changes for the first two episodes and that minimal changes might cause them to lose interest. I would be interested in following the ratings for this show going forward because I'm into than sort of stuff.
Old 2016-04-30, 20:41   Link #147
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Just watched the latest episode. They talk about the Box a lot.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-30, 21:02   Link #148
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Now that I think about it, when was the last time a UC calender show actually aired in Japanese TV?
we just had G reco.
Old 2016-04-30, 21:29   Link #149
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

G-Reco wasn't a UC calendar show.
Old 2016-04-30, 22:50   Link #150
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
G-Reco wasn't a UC calendar show.
its part of the UC time line tho.
Old 2016-04-30, 22:58   Link #151
xeviouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkone45 View Post
its part of the UC time line tho.
But not a UC calendar show. RC 1014 is different from UC 0096.
xeviouses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-01, 05:38   Link #152
Zaku1971

Just watched the latest episode. Am i the only one that thinks that is incredibly stupid when they do the speech "You know, Zeon and the Federation are just two sides of the same coin"? Especially since Zeon started a war that has killed more than three billion people and had the hobby of gassing the colonies and drop them on earth?

Just sayin'.

Last edited by Zaku1971; 2016-05-01 at 06:06.
Zaku1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-01, 06:11   Link #153
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku1971 View Post
Just watched the latest episode. Am i the only one that thinks that when they do the speech "You know, Zeon and the Federation are just two sides of the same coin" is incredibly stupid? Especially since Zeon started a war that has killed more than three billion people and had the hobby of gassing the colonies and drop them on earth?

Just sayin'.
They both have good and bad qualities. On the "bad guy" side, we have Zeon people who became like that coz they were oppressed by the Federation and have lived for years in a rather poor condition because of that and their diplomatic request to go independent was responded in a less-than-peaceful manner by the EF (The Origin kinda help illustrate this fact from side-materials). On the "good guy" side, we have corrupt and cowardly EF soldiers right up to the officers and the upper echelons who treat people like shit. And this poor EF portrayal have been established as early as the first MSG series where you can see EF soldiers behave like oppressors in the Earth region that they were posted, pillaging and taking whatever they wanted from the locals. On the other hand, there's an episode focusing on a Zeon soldier who was protecting the local orphans in an island. And we also have good people on both sides in MSG such as Matilda and her fiance from EF and Ramba Ral and his lover Hamon from Zeon.

Also, the colony that the Zeon used to drop is an empty colony where the residents have evacuated before. And the faction which is more notorious for gassing colonies are the TITANS which ironically was part of (or originated from) the EF.

So again, both are rather equal when it comes to atrocity. It's just that the Zeon is more "vocal" and "flashy" about it while the EF is more sneaky with media-control on their side like Mineva said. She knows what she's talking about coz she's been (directly & indirectly) playing this game of evading the EF hands since she was a baby back in MSG.
Old 2016-05-01, 13:02   Link #154
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Empty colony? If you're talking about Operation British, IIRC according to 0083 and 08th MS Team, it wasn't evacuated, they tricked Cima into murdering everyone on board with nerve gas, having told them it was knockout gas.

And even then, they still destroyed an entire city and everyone on it, decimating the region.
Old 2016-05-01, 14:01   Link #155
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Empty colony? If you're talking about Operation British, IIRC according to 0083 and 08th MS Team, it wasn't evacuated, they tricked Cima into murdering everyone on board with nerve gas, having told them it was knockout gas.
Ah yes, Cima got tricked into doing that. But that's also the point since it shows that the lower echelon of Zeon soldiers and officers like Cima at the time, never agreed to such things and indeed tried to resist and refuse however they can. But the Zeon higher ups (Cima’s commander, in this case) used trickery on her and then spread lies to the rest of the Zeon soldiers that Side 2 colony cylinder have been “emptied/evacuated” when the truth is that the colony was “depopulated” by G-3 gas.

Quote:
And even then, they still destroyed an entire city and everyone on it, decimating the region.
To be fair, Zeon never targeted Australia or a city filled with civilians. Their original target for the colony drop was always Jaburo (EF’s HQ). It’s the EF who tried to destroy the colony or at least divert its direction into hitting anywhere but Jaburo, and they did it with a nuclear shot before the colony fell to Earth. And guess what? Australia had to pay for that .

Like I said, Zeon's atrocities are more "flashy" (killing many people in grand showing, almost theatrically), while EF's atrocities are more subtle. EF might not kill numerous people in huge explosions, but they sure made countless people suffer (not just the Spacenoids, but also their fellow Earthnoids).
Old 2016-05-03, 23:40   Link #156
kgrodriguez
Three Stars and a Sun

I haven't watched the OVA before but I am really enjoying Unicorn so far.
kgrodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-04, 00:54   Link #157
Router25
World Connector. I think

Now that I've realized it, the missing 1.5 minutes of extra content per episode went towards the narrator's summation of the previous episode.
Old 2016-05-15, 23:55   Link #158
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

you know its sort of funny that a tiny & compact MS like the Loto manages to take down larger & possibly more armored units like a Geara Doga & a Dressien, its SNRI's magic that being bigger doesn't mean its more powerful as this is before the arrival of their Formula Project Gundams, yeah i know both Zeon units were like old for its time, take note that the Loto is piloted by a crew & is also a personnel carrier that can carry a handful of on foot troops, whereas the larger Zeon suits were just piloted by a single guy, with one Loto nearly stabbed the Sinanju with its beam cutter on its dying breath.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-16, 02:48   Link #159
xeviouses

In that case, shouldn't the praise go more to the Loto crew for being savvy and badass? SNRI begins the whole smaller MS things 6 years later.
Old 2016-05-16, 21:53   Link #160
AHT

世帯 個人 kid ten   m1  m2  m3   f1  f2  f3
*1.3 *0.7 *1.1 *1.0  *0.3 *1.6 *0.2  *0.8 *1.0 *0.7    03話
*1.8 *1.0 *2.0 *1.0  *1.4 *1.6 *0.7  *0.9 *0.7 *0.6    04話
AHT is offline   Reply With Quote