AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-27, 11:47   Link #101
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishimaru-kun
High school animes are getting old if you ask me. It's great to see an anime about something OTHER than high school
Seconded. If done right they're nice, but there are too many crap ones around. I went through my phase of highschool comedy/romance/drama/whatever stuff quite a while ago, now I look more to things like Twelve Kingdoms (random example), things with some real grit to them that you can sink your teeth into

Will be checking this one out most certainly, once I'm done getting caught up on everything else I've been missing over the last couple of months that I didn't have nets for.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 19:43   Link #102
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Episode 3.

A swimsuit idol eating ramen... Now that's what I call a fetish with a twist. 8)

And Hiroko's "naturally large bust" makes a comeback in this episode.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-28, 17:33   Link #103
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Didnt see it posted anywhere does anyone have the time and day in which Hataraki man aires in japan?
Old 2006-10-28, 18:38   Link #104
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Didnt see it posted anywhere does anyone have the time and day in which Hataraki man aires in japan?
First to air is Fuji TV, Thursday 24:45 (i.e. Friday 00:45 Japan time, or Thursday 15:45 UTC).

Full broadcast schedule is at Shoboi - has anyone seen the "Hataraki Man News" segment that aired on 9/21?
Old 2006-10-28, 19:10   Link #105
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
I did. It was... uneventful.

But, we did get to meet Puffy AmyYumi, for what that's worth. 8)
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-28, 23:22   Link #106
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Full broadcast schedule is at Shoboi - has anyone seen the "Hataraki Man News" segment that aired on 9/21?
I have the full episode off of winny. Where did you think the raw for the subbed preview came from?

And yeah, seeing puffy speak in japanese instead of awful stilted english was fun .
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 00:43   Link #107
crealism

Am I the only one have troubles connecting to Arienai Fansubs tracker?
crealism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 00:56   Link #108
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crealism View Post
Am I the only one have troubles connecting to Arienai Fansubs tracker?
The tracker seems to be working fine. Perhaps your client is outdated? We don't allow outdated or hacked clients, so try upgrading to the latest version.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2006-10-29, 06:54   Link #109
crealism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
The tracker seems to be working fine. Perhaps your client is outdated? We don't allow outdated or hacked clients, so try upgrading to the latest version.
I see. I'm currently using BitComet 0.56. Is that okay? Am I required to update to 0.70?
Old 2006-10-29, 08:45   Link #110
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crealism View Post
I see. I'm currently using BitComet 0.56. Is that okay? Am I required to update to 0.70?
I don't maintain the list myself, but if it's not the most recent version, please upgrade.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2006-10-29, 09:22   Link #111
crealism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
I don't maintain the list myself, but if it's not the most recent version, please upgrade.
It's working now. Thanks for the heads up
Old 2006-10-29, 22:20   Link #112
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The front page of animsuki.com usually lists the latest revisions of the popular clients for future reference if you don't have the client auto-check for updates.
Old 2006-11-03, 15:31   Link #113
outlaw97

First off, kudos to Arenai for releasing ep 2!

One particular question though, is Sugawara's attitude towards women that rough? This is more of a translation issue than anything - his constant use of the b*tch explitive in regards to Hiro stood out to me for some reason. Full disclosure, I'm not 100% fluent in Japanese (more like 30%), and I'm not harping on the translations, just curious. The term "broad", while old-fashioned, seems like a better word to use, since it's probably a notch below b*tch.

Of course, if what he's saying really does carry that level of intensity, then consider me ignorant and I apologize.

Can't wait for the next ep - the show's a nice change from the usual, and I have to shamefully admit that the overworked, sex-deprived office lady has to be one of the greatest fetishes ever
outlaw97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 15:32   Link #114
Ishimaru-kun
My one and only

Send a message via AIM to Ishimaru-kun Send a message via MSN to Ishimaru-kun Send a message via Yahoo to Ishimaru-kun
Yay Can't wait to watch the HD version

and btw, uTorrent is by far the best client out there :P
Old 2006-11-03, 18:35   Link #115
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

I liked the second episode, that extremely curious old lady was funny. I really like Matsukata's sense of journalystic ethic, though she gets way too worried about the flaws in her articles and shoudl take it a bit easier.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 19:07   Link #116
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

Episode 4 is focused on Hiroko's bf, Shinji. And it makes him look like a loser. I think I like episodes that deal with Hiroko's work better.
DoReMiFaSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 13:34   Link #117
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Finally say episode 2 and man does Sugawara like the B word. I mean every sentence that he refers to Hiro in he uses bitch. At first i thought he had a problem with women in general but the more i look it i think the main problem he has is with Hiro, I think he acts that way because he doesnt like how Hiro makes him feel hence he gets frustrated. HOnestly i think he has feelings for her but he wont admit it. Either way i really enjoyed ep 2 cant wait for more and god i really hope Hiro gets some nookie soon. I think she said shes breaking the non sex recored
Old 2006-11-06, 13:36   Link #118
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I found ep4 very moving, very real, very deep about work and life. Inspiring and very sad. We work at cross-purposes, not supporting each other when we need to. What Hiro and Yamashiro's future together is, I don't know. But I'm more and more convinced that Tanaka is actually the p***k Hiro thinks he is. This show is unlike any anime I've seen before. Scary.

Enjoyed the insert songs by Sambomaster.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-11-06 at 13:52.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 20:12   Link #119
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Finally say episode 2 and man does Sugawara like the B word. I mean every sentence that he refers to Hiro in he uses bitch. At first i thought he had a problem with women in general but the more i look it i think the main problem he has is with Hiro, I think he acts that way because he doesnt like how Hiro makes him feel hence he gets frustrated. HOnestly i think he has feelings for her but he wont admit it. Either way i really enjoyed ep 2 cant wait for more and god i really hope Hiro gets some nookie soon. I think she said shes breaking the non sex recored
Sugawara is a really interesting character.

He might even be, perhaps, a male Tsundere? If such a thing is possible...
Sam Pinansky
Old 2006-11-06, 23:21   Link #120
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Yeah, I was thinking that he protested too strongly about how he doesn't like her.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
noitamina, office, seinen