AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 09 Rating
Perfect 10 13 15.85%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 35.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 24.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 12.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 7.32%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.22%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.22%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-01, 21:31   Link #1061
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
EDIT: What you said culd be true I realized, but that gives a hint that mages are weaker to these magical attacks for the side effects run straight through known defences, lowering the ability to maintain their defence, causing it to come down and therefore continued attack would've torn the mage to pieces. Teana was smashed twice with the same attack, and all she got was KO'd. Fate was hit with a continuous attack, only her barrier jacket, a creation of magic, sustained damage.
And that's why there's a mixed of magic and physical damage...

Like for example, Halo.

Even a beginner could tell you that the Elite's shield goes down faster when you're using plasma weapons. But people still uses conventional weapons because it does more damage to their unprotected bodies.

Same case here. Magic does more damage to magic base properties, while physical does more damage to physical base properties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Well that would depend on the strength of her Barrier Jacket.

But in any case, guys?
Well, that thing was sort of heading towards her face ...

I've copy and paste this post there already...
Old 2007-06-02, 04:27   Link #1062
Nemesis

Man when will the next episode air?The suspense is killing me already!
Old 2007-06-02, 04:43   Link #1063
hikaru2895
GPL Freedom Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
comment on 4chan about preview shown at end of episode 9:

Anonymous 06/02/07(Sat)04:43 No.3636207
File :1180773780.jpg-(53 KB, 600x382, 1178231869530.jpg)

(picture shows fanart of Teana kissing Suburu)

So when is this gonna happen damn it?

Anonymous 06/02/07(Sat)04:43 No.3636216
>>3636207

ep. 10 is a date episode, a freakin date episode!

Anonymous 06/02/07(Sat)04:45 No.3636230
File :1180773912.jpg-(95 KB, 563x850, 1178679440839.jpg)
(picture shows Teana and Suburu in uniform walking arm-in-arm)

>>3636216
Subaru: Ne, ne! It's like being on a date!
Tiana: Sh..shut up!
Old 2007-06-02, 04:46   Link #1064
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikaru2895 View Post
ep. 10 is a date episode, a freakin date episode!
Yeah... We sort of gotten the hint already
Old 2007-06-02, 04:46   Link #1065
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Now, let me ask you, how much evidence do we have that this so called 'non-physical damage' exists? None. 'But Keroko, look at Fate! Look at Teana! They survived direct hits from powerfull beam blasts without a scratch! It can't be physical damage!' Why not? During A's Nanoha and Fate get tossed through buildings regularely, and get out without a scratch. Are you saying that getting tossed through a building is 'non-physical damage' as well? No, obviously that is physical damage, and yet both Nanoha and Fate get up, clutch a random body part in pain and get back to fighting, despite the fact that there is not a single surface wound.

So we've established that beams deliver physical damage, purely because there is no evidence stating otherwise. So how do we explain that people keep getting hit and comming out withouta scratch? Well, instead of looking at the ofensive and start theorycrafting, let's look at it's direct oposite: Defense. There are many types of defense, and most are outwardly defending the blow before it hits the body. Sields, fields, barriers, we've been through them, and nobody used them during the incidents mentioned. But they still have one more layer of defense, one that is a lot less dramatic, yet we can't imagine our doom-girls without them: Barrier jackets. Is it not possible for a barrier jacket to nullify, or at least extremely reduce, the impact of a beam of destruction? We know they are defensive material, it has been mentioned multiple times. So why do we ignore them as if they don't exist? Why can't it be possible that it is not the beam, but the defense in question that makes sure people don't get a single scratch?

Think about it. It makes more sense, and has a lot less unproven theories in it.
Actually the idea wasn't more: "Oh Teanna survived!" but more "Oh Nanoha almost killed Tea in cold blood." Hence the theories.
Would it have been any other 2 characters I don't think nobody would have minded.

I'll take what you just said as truth,
So now, back to "Did Nanoha go over-board?" discussion.

Considering Tea was half-dead at after the first strike what's the point of hitting her a second time. It's like hitting someone who's bleeding on the ground. I can only think that it was bad casting, accidentally over-did it as it were. Since the way the make Nanoha all sensible in later scenes just makes it all freaky, like Nanoha has suddenly become some psycho with 2 personalities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
No asking when next episode airs, I think is rule of the forum.
It airs when it airs and if your curious check out the air times.
Old 2007-06-02, 04:48   Link #1066
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Cats, why are you dragging this back to the episode thread?
Old 2007-06-02, 04:56   Link #1067
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Cuz in the post I was talking about the episode... not the tech-magic stuff~
Old 2007-06-02, 04:57   Link #1068
Thisguy
Negikamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Cats, why are you dragging this back to the episode thread?
Especially when that topic has been covered like gazzilion times in both Ep8 and Ep9 threads...

Well, I don't think there's anything bad about telling "when it airs", so here's your information.
The first airing for Ep10 will be at Jun 3 Sunday, starting from 25:10 JST at Wakayama TV Station.
(or you can call it Jun 4 Monday 1:10 a.m. btw JST = GMT + 9, and no summer-time in Japan.)
Old 2007-06-02, 05:03   Link #1069
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguy View Post
Especially when that topic has been covered like gazzilion times in both Ep8 and Ep9 threads...
These threads have a guzzilion posts. I'll die reading them before I finish.
Thanks for the info btw.

So, if it was discussed, why did Nanoha hit Tea when she was half-dead already. What exactly was the point?! - certainly no educational value~
Old 2007-06-02, 05:06   Link #1070
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Thisguy! Help meeeeee!

Where does the term 'Magic damage' first came from?! I recalled it was used to describe "Starlight Breaker", which information said so?
Old 2007-06-02, 05:14   Link #1071
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Thisguy! Help meeeeee!

Where does the term 'Magic damage' first came from?! I recalled it was used to describe "Starlight Breaker", which information said so?
*chuckle*
Your starting to sound (figuratively. Of course I don't hear you) like Subaru in one of your scenarios.
Worse case scenario is Thisguy comes in and start yelling BAKA! BAKA! BAKA!

It has always been a classification for as far as I can remember. I was a rather late watcher in the earlier two seasons.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-06-02, 05:18   Link #1072
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
*chuckle*
Your starting to sound (figuratively. Of course I don't hear you) like Subaru in one of your scenarios.
Worse case scenario is Thisguy comes in and start yelling BAKA! BAKA! BAKA!
As long as he only shoots his mouth...

Quote:
It has always been a classification for as far as I can remember. I was a rather late watcher in the earlier two seasons.
Same here.
Old 2007-06-02, 05:31   Link #1073
Thisguy
Negikamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
So, if it was discussed, why did Nanoha hit Tea when she was half-dead already. What exactly was the point?! - certainly no educational value~
I think it taken as "Lesson for Subaru" in discussion, though I, too, was not good at keeping up with all posts.
Someone made a well-summerized post about these points in thread I remember... hmm, was it Skane?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen
Where does the term 'Magic damage' first came from?!
Now that I noticed, I've been using that setting without thinking much, I'm relatively new for this series myself (it was even after A's airing)

After quick reading through wiki, it was first explained in 1st season DVD booklet (which I don't have), and official page mentions about it too.
(Official page's summary for A's Ep11, as far as I've found, clearly says about it)

Also A's manga mentions about these "Non-lethal" settings in last episode and (according to Wiki) Novel too makes explanation of it.

Edit:
@Chaos & Aaron:
Me yelling "BAKA! BAKA!"? Hey, I'm no tsun-dere

Last edited by Thisguy; 2007-06-02 at 05:44.
Old 2007-06-02, 05:38   Link #1074
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I think it taken as "Lesson for Subaru" in discussion, though I, too, was not good at keeping up with all posts.
Someone made a well-summerized post about these points in thread I remember... hmm, was it Skane?
Skane was one...

.. But I think the person you were refering to was...

Crap, I can't spell his name

Starts was 'E'

Quote:
Now that I noticed, I've been using that setting without thinking much, I'm relatively new for this series myself (it was even after A's airing)

After quick reading through wiki, it was first explained in 1st season DVD booklet (which I don't have), and an article from official page describes about it too.

Also A's manga mentions about these "Non-lethal" settings in last episode and (according to Wiki) Novel too makes explanation of it.
Ahhhh~

That felt better...

Thanks

Quote:
Edit:
@Chaos & Aaron:
Who knows... Who knows...
Old 2007-06-02, 05:41   Link #1075
Aaron008R

Quote:

After quick reading through wiki, it was first explained in 1st season DVD booklet (which I don't have), and an article from official page describes about it too.

Hmhm. Now here's your answer, Chaos.
Quite honestly, I think it would be least tiresome if we take these bits of official info as it is instead of digging so deep. Actually, I think the producers would be at a lost of words when they see the discussions especially in the Technology thread. But I guess that's part of the fun, right?

As I remember, it was the large explosion when Nanoha fired of her shots at Teana when it was supposed to be an MP damage attack was the one that caused all this speculations.

Quote:
Edit:
@Chaos & Aaron:
No, of course not. I was just referring to one of Chaos' scenarios. He was starting to sound like Subaru when asking for Teana's help and I suddenly imagined you doing the BAKA! BAKA! BAKA! because he was asking for yours.

OC Profiles
Old 2007-06-02, 05:45   Link #1076
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Hmhm. Now here's your answer, Chaos.
Quite honestly, I think it would be least tiresome if we take these bits of official info as it is instead of digging so deep. Actually, I think the producers would be at a lost of words when they see the discussions especially in the Technology thread. But I guess that's part of the fun, right?
To be honest, I don't think the producers have thought this far ahead when they first created season 1

There are bound to be some holes

Quote:
As I remember, it was the large explosion when Nanoha fired of her shots at Teana when it was supposed to be an MP damage attack was the one that caused all this speculations.
I remember that as well.

And I was the one who suggested that the smoke and debris were like the 'left-over' of a magical reaction between the attack and the jacket. That they weren't physical to begin with.

Sort of like how chemical reactions sometimes leave behind Residues...
Old 2007-06-02, 05:47   Link #1077
Aaron008R

Quote:
To be honest, I don't think the producers have thought this far ahead when they first created season 1

There are bound to be some holes
Yup. This isn't STAR WARS.

Quote:
I remember that as well.

And I was the one who suggested that the smoke and debris were like the 'left-over' of a magical reaction between the attack and the jacket.

Sort of like how chemical reactions sometimes leave behind Residues...
SO IT WAS YOU AGAIN!!!

OC Profiles
Old 2007-06-02, 05:48   Link #1078
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

SO IT WAS YOU AGAIN!!!
I received no complains, so I figured people bought it
Old 2007-06-02, 05:50   Link #1079
Aaron008R

Quote:
I received no complains, so I figured people bought it
Tsk. And it pretty much raised hell as well.
What could I say, it fits you job description.

*flashes a Good Job! pose*

OC Profiles
Old 2007-06-02, 05:50   Link #1080
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Yes so?!
Tea was on one of those magical ramps. Basically in the air.
There was an *explotion~* but nothing exploded.
Also consider there was no jacket damage~ so this is either lazzy production or careless production.

Re-Watching the scene and confirm it.
Also Thisguy you are right, the first was for Tea but the second seems to be for Subaru.
Makes sense. Never noticed it until now.