AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2011-10-20, 18:32   Link #7961
CrossoverManiac
Come and drink my koolaid

Send a message via Yahoo to CrossoverManiac
Does anyone know if Sunrise released a map or schematic of the Tokyo Settlement?

Last edited by CrossoverManiac; 2011-10-20 at 21:59.
CrossoverManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 06:05   Link #7962
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossoverManiac View Post
Does anyone know if Sunrise released a map or schematic of the Tokyo Settlement?
I don't think that Sunrise ever created a map of the Tokyo Settlement. Nor have they created a map of the Britannian capitol of Pendragon. Another thing that they never created was a family tree of Charles wives and all of his children
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 21:24   Link #7963
shinigami99

Hey guys...didn't post here in a LONG time haha

One thing I wanted to know though. Was it ever revealed(without a shadow of a doubt) that Kaguya found out about Lelouch's plan? She seemed shocked and kinda sad when he died(like Kallen) suggesting that she had some kind of realization.(An "I see what you did there" moment)

Idk, she looks like one of the few people who would have figured it out.
shinigami99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 03:01   Link #7964
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigami99 View Post

One thing I wanted to know though. Was it ever revealed(without a shadow of a doubt) that Kaguya found out about Lelouch's plan? She seemed shocked and kinda sad when he died(like Kallen) suggesting that she had some kind of realization.(An "I see what you did there" moment)

Everyone who was close to Lelouch should have understood his plan. We do not get any of confirmation though.
Old 2011-11-08, 21:22   Link #7965
geewhiz
transparent amoeba

Hard to tell. I think in her heart she still had a sliver of a soft spot for him. CC guessed right.
geewhiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 14:19   Link #7966
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigami99 View Post

I don't think that we'll ever know the answer to that question. In fact, when Ōkouchi was writing the scripts for R2, the focus was completing the story as soon as possible, given the time constraints. In retrospect, I wished that when the timeslot change was announced, the producers should have made Turn 1 and Turn 2 into a 2-part recap of Season One and retained everything else that they were planning out for the Second Season. As for the last two episodes, they could have released them as an OVA. This way, we would not have seen the rush job that plagued Code Geass R2.
Old 2011-11-30, 18:25   Link #7967
darthfury78

Does anyone else feel that Lelouch was just a tool who was used by the Emperor as way to distract the world from away from his plan to reshape it into. Ever since Marianne was killed by V.V., he ships his kids off to Japan as if was his plan all along to have Lelouch develop a deep hatred towards him so that a rebellion in Area 11 could commence 10 years later. Also, it seems that V.V. never had any intention to go along with the plan that he made with Charles to destroy the world of lies, when he lies himself. I feel that V.V. was using Charles as a way of making his little brother dependent on him. Which might be why he killed Marianne. The irony is that V.V. never cared about the Raganook, nor did he cared about C.C. for that matter. He must have known that that there was more than one Geass Code out there as he knows that C.C. is not the only immortal girl out there. To him, people come and people go. And the question is who was the person responsible for giving V.V. his Code, and what was his Geass powers?

We all know that Code Geass R2 never answered those questions as the focus was on Lelouch's dissent into madness that was fueled by the notion that he was dead since the day he was born. Lelouch took that comment to heart, which explains why he never had any real friends to turn to.

For a series that had so much potential, its product merchandise selection are drastically limited because everything seems limited to the main characters and nothing else linking them to anyone else, like family members or friends. I personally feel that Ōkouchi has completely removed himself from anything relating to Code Geass as he feels that he told that story that he wanted to tell and is satisfied by overall results of the second season, which he wrote entirely by himself. I suppose that he had his way, the series would have had 52 episodes in the first season.
Old 2011-12-19, 21:32   Link #7968
darthfury78

bump!!! No other comments? Come on guys. It won't be long before the new series of CG starts.
Old 2011-12-19, 22:58   Link #7969
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Send a message via AIM to speedyexpress48 Send a message via MSN to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Yahoo to speedyexpress48
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
bump!!! No other comments? Come on guys. It won't be long before the new series of CG starts.
Doubt it. R2 was the end from what I heard, and no other reliable source says otherwise.

And please don't bump threads for useless purposes like this.

Your Friendly Bitcoin Trader|Go Avs/Broncos
speedyexpress48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 00:05   Link #7970
GundamFan0083

We'll then speedyexpress48 allow me to show you the info for the new series/gaiden:

and the anime news network story about it:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ject-announced

That's what darthfury78 is talking about and he's right, it won't be long until the new series starts.

Here's additional info from crunchyroll:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...t-to-video-ova
Old 2011-12-21, 04:58   Link #7971
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyexpress48 View Post
Doubt it. R2 was the end from what I heard, and no other reliable source says otherwise.

And please don't bump threads for useless purposes like this.
Hi,
In my opinion, Code Geass R2 was near identical to Season One on a (Macro)Global scale. The only thing about R2 that was intact was the ending. Aside from that, Season One focus on Japan and how The Black Knights were formed. In contrast, Season Two focused on the establishment of The UFN. Nevertheless, just compare the events of R2 to Season One and you'll see that they are exactly alike with regards to the Macro and Micro political developments respectively.

I hope that the new series focus on the Events of the Euro Universe. I feel that it the show will feature some of the ideas that was initially planned for Code Geass R2 before the producers(scrapped the original plans) rewrote the episodes to make it understandable for the new viewers who had not seen the first season of Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion.
Old 2011-12-21, 20:22   Link #7972
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
Hi,
In my opinion, Code Geass R2 was near identical to Season One on a (Macro)Global scale. The only thing about R2 that was intact was the ending. Aside from that, Season One focus on Japan and how The Black Knights were formed. In contrast, Season Two focused on the establishment of The UFN. Nevertheless, just compare the events of R2 to Season One and you'll see that they are exactly alike with regards to the Macro and Micro political developments respectively.

I hope that the new series focus on the Events of the Euro Universe. I feel that it the show will feature some of the ideas that was initially planned for Code Geass R2 before the producers(scrapped the original plans) rewrote the episodes to make it understandable for the new viewers who had not seen the first season of Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion.
Actually darth that's the plot line so far with Akito the Exiled. It takes place in the EU during 2017atb, same time Zero was starting the Black Rebellion or something like that.
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 20:50   Link #7973
CrossoverManiac
Come and drink my koolaid

Send a message via Yahoo to CrossoverManiac
Question: The Tokyo Settlement was designed with interlocking plates as a way to protect it against earthquakes. Wouldn't that be an active control system and if so, without power, wouldn't the interlocking plates slide out of place with each new earthquake without the control system pushing them back into place? I'm asking because I want to know if the Settlement will fall apart in case of a prolonged power failure.
Old 2012-03-23, 01:05   Link #7974
FrontStone

Send a message via MSN to FrontStone
I watched this series first time last week, introduced from my friends.
Very interesting story!!!
Why didn't I know...
FrontStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 00:55   Link #7975
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontStone View Post
I watched this series first time last week, introduced from my friends.
Very interesting story!!!
Why didn't I know...
Hi FrontStone,
Code Geass was a great story. Keep your eyes open for the premier of the new Code Geass anime. You might find out that it will be just as good as the first series.
Old 2012-03-29, 10:21   Link #7976
brolyeuphyfusion
???

it better have a new protagonist, lelouch sucks and deserved to die
Old 2012-03-31, 04:37   Link #7977
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by brolyeuphyfusion View Post
it better have a new protagonist, lelouch sucks and deserved to die
Blinds people will always be blinds.
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 17:31   Link #7978
PzIVf3

Code Geass Oz from Newtype Ace

Spoiler for Sample:
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 15:40   Link #7979
Xander

Taken from the C.C. thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten-Go View Post
I wonder if people of Britannia are aware of this fact. Schneizel promoted Nunnally for Empress, I believe, publicly, also Nunnally kept him in government after her re-establishment. In people's eyes they are both responsible for the war crimes.
There's several counter-arguments against this entire line of thought, but I'm just going to mention one right now.

I'm not sure about that assumption of yours, actually, since we only ever saw Schneizel talking about Nunnally as the rightful Empress during his private transmission to Lelouch, aside from his discussion with Cornelia. It's unclear whether or not he was making that fact public knowledge yet, or if perhaps he only intended to make this known afterwards once she could actually take the throne.

The bigger issue, which can work both for and against the argument, is that we really don't know when and how Britannian public opinion found out about any of these events or who was presented as being responsible for them, including what was the official story behind Pendragon's bombing, during Emperor Lelouch's reign.

At best, we only have the example of Lelouch's control over the media in the epilogue as a sign that he wasn't unaware of the need to manipulate the public.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 04:05   Link #7980
CheshireMoose

Do you guys remember the regret poems included in Complete Best? So far I've found the translations to the regret poems for every character except Kaguya and it's driving me nuts. Could someone please help me find the translation for it?

Last edited by CheshireMoose; 2012-05-14 at 04:40. Reason: adding the picture
CheshireMoose is offline   Reply With Quote