AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2010-10-07, 02:07   Link #561
MartianMage

k, I re-watched the episode again trying as hard as I can to block out my expectations from the manga(quite hard really :P) and I'll re-affirm my statement that it was a very good adaptation. Although some things were changed and omitted the capturing part at the end is romantic and had the same feel with it's manga counterpart. The captures are really what hooked me to the manga.

The opening sequence is ok. It's not the best but I really like the song. The animation quality is good. A lot of the characters look cuter in the manga but their anime counterparts are good too.

I guess my only complaints are:
Keima's personality is more stronger in the manga. He was more calculating in the manga.
The background music. The BGM during the Ayumi capture is great but I was expecting a bit more throughout the episode.
They could have added more cute scenes after Ayumi kissed Keima like in the manga.
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 02:35   Link #562
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Anyone who disagrees, be honest. Which reminds you more of the manga style? The anime, or the static pic during the next ep preview (drawn by an eroge/dating sim artist, IIRC)?
I'm not quoting you because I disagree with this point (I do think that the preview picture is closer to the original designs, even though I thought everyone looked fine with the exception of Nikaido) but if there was something I grew aware of in my years of anime watching, is that it's very hard (or rather uncommon) for ergo/dating sim adaptations to capture the original designs of the games. From the point you've made about how Wakaki's design resemble in colour a games design, I think that in the transition to animation, these designs work better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Sabato View Post
I guess my only complaints are:
Keima's personality is more stronger in the manga. He was more calculating in the manga.
The background music. The BGM during the Ayumi capture is great but I was expecting a bit more throughout the episode.
They could have added more cute scenes after Ayumi kissed Keima like in the manga.
Hm? I didn't really notice anything that made him seem weaker than his manga counterpart. In fact I think they managed to make him come across as very shrewd, if even a bit of a maverick moreso than the manga. I guess they made him a bit more approachable and less scheming when he was dealing with Ayumi during the event, but aside from that he was more or less the same.

Yeah the BGM wasn't all noticeable, kind of a shame though it might show some more impressive track later on.

I don't think they should've added anything more at the end, but I do think that some of the jokes should have been delivered faster. Like with the book smacking at the start, instead of the small pause just hit him quickly.
Old 2010-10-07, 02:37   Link #563
Marisa Kirisame
Previously cicido

Solid first episode, will definitely come back for more as someone who has never read the manga before. Turned out liking Elsee quite a bit more than I thought I would, anybody else feel that she resembles Botan a lot? (Bumbling sidekick from another realm to aid the hero on his quest, rides a broom for transportation. Has little to no knowledge of the real world. etc)

Even the girls want her...
Marisa Kirisame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 02:41   Link #564
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I don't think they should've added anything more at the end, but I do think that some of the jokes should have been delivered faster. Like with the book smacking at the start, instead of the small pause just hit him quickly.
Well I wasn't really asking for long scenes. Just short shots would do like in the manga where it showed Ayumi blushing and smiling at Keima after they kissed and Keima looking shocked. Well personally I think that would be great to add that.

@Marisa Kirisame

Botan rides a paddle though. :P

Last edited by MartianMage; 2010-10-07 at 02:51.
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 03:00   Link #565
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Ah, anyone else recognize Kobayashi Yu's voice as the girl Keima captures during class? She's pretty enchanting when she isn't voicing an in-your-face character. I hope this means she might voice one of the heroines later on!
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 03:02   Link #566
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

*snip*

Spoiler for Sorta, not really:

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2010-10-07 at 10:58. Reason: Let's not mention groups who do nothing but rip subs made by others...
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 03:23   Link #567
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

phone post

Can I have the teacher. I like her. I get a laugh everytime I think about her bracelets, imagine being hugged by her and those things will just puncture me like a hedgehog

Twas a nice episode. How many total is this series again? 1 Girl per ep seems more like the plan if ep 1 was anything to go by.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 03:28   Link #568
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROMEangel View Post
*snip*

Spoiler for Sorta, not really:
*snip*

As for the spoiler thing, you should be finding out if they do next episode.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Can I have the teacher. I like her. I get a laugh everytime I think about her bracelets, imagine being hugged by her and those things will just puncture me like a hedgehog

Twas a nice episode. How many total is this series again? 1 Girl per ep seems more like the plan if ep 1 was anything to go by.
Just going by episode titles, they'll be breaking that pattern next episode. Read the episode titles for 2.0 and 2.5 in the preview.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2010-10-07 at 11:00. Reason: Removed quote deleted in quoted post.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 03:35   Link #569
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well no real complaints from me so far. The pacing was pretty much what I expected them to do. Gonna watch it later again anyway before I make the blog post.

I do sort of understand their usage of "dweeb" rather than "Otamega" though. If you did want to literally translate their nickname for Keima, the "Ota" contraction for Otaku wouldn't have a real direct translation to English anyway, and the closest I can make get for Otamega is "Glasses Geek", and that really doesn't suit him very well. Dweeb as a general term sounds about right.

Oh and YES Elsee sounds completely adorable. Thank you Kanae Ito. As for Hirono's work on Keima, he probably has 1 or 2 more episodes at this pace to show if he can REALLY do justice Keima's megalomania.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 04:06   Link #570
Westlo
Lets be reality

Awesome adaption, not 1:1 but it doesn't need to be. Itou was perfect and Hiro was pretty good as Keima too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Then again, never really got into TWGOK until a certain girl comes (felt like too much like 'monster of the week' for my taste), so take that as you will...
I honestly have no idea what girl you would be referring too!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 04:28   Link #571
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm pretty sure I know who he's talking about, and though there does exist the possibility we'll get there at least by the end of this season, any more talk on this matter is spoiler territory.
Old 2010-10-07, 04:30   Link #572
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I'm pretty sure I know who he's talking about, and though there does exist the possibility we'll get there at least by the end of this season, any ore talk on this matter is spoiler territory.
I wish I had a hint like something in his tag to give me an idea fufufufufu

predictable dragoonkain is predictable.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 04:39   Link #573
Wrath88
Kissing...

Nice first episode. As someone who read the manga, I'm not disappointed at all.
Old 2010-10-07, 04:42   Link #574
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Everything said has been said so...

I CAN ALREADY SEE THE ENDING

Wish there was more passion in his lines when Hiro delivers it, though sounding like a "just as planned" also fits.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 04:54   Link #575
pampz21
ShipCore

after rewatching it again...there are things that made me think its not enough...well they compress 50+ pages in 24 mins...so of course there will be missing scene....Like
Spoiler for 1:

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 04:58   Link #576
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I hope they won't end the episode too fast.... ( I hear some rumors that this anime only have 12 episode)
well, at least they show Tenri in Anime... T_T
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 05:04   Link #577
pampz21
ShipCore

Well we're certain that the first half is until Shiori....cuz of the OP but wakaki-sensei said the if the anime was ok the series will continue until Minami-chan's arc...or even Reiko-obachan!
well I doubt your prayer will be fulfilled yami-san...anyway the season 2 was confirmed so....we have to wait till april 2011 summer!

BTW there was a rumor around when the anime was in the making.....that the Novel char will make there appearance but not there stories...can someone confirm this for me?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 05:05   Link #578
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis
Katsuragi also says cheesy lines.
He is supposed to say cheesy lines, since after all, this anime is supposed to be parody of anime cliches and he is just following exact lines he has seen in the past games!
Old 2010-10-07, 05:21   Link #579
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I CAN ALREADY SEE THE ENDING

Wish there was more passion in his lines when Hiro delivers it, though sounding like a "just as planned" also fits.
You don't really think much of that line when you first come across it in the first chapter. It's when we start to hear it more and more that it becomes known so well, so i say give in time in that regard.
Old 2010-10-07, 05:23   Link #580
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Before I make said blog post, who's the series composer? The OP is awesome and the style is definitely familiar to me.

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen