AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-12-20, 18:37   Link #6381
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
I made a bet with a friend that IF Eva appears and IF she fights an averruncus (my money is on the fire one) that she would NOT have an easy time with him/her. People are still massively underestimating the enemy or overestimating Eva.
Who wins if she doesn't appear at all?

Also, I read at another board (is quoting and mentioning other boards by exact names allowed here?) the Drama CD to be included at Volume 33 has the Adrianne trio visiting Mahora. If it's set in continuity like the Ala Rubra CD, could it mean we are scheduled for a return to Mundus Vetus shortly? I hope so.
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 19:04   Link #6382
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Overestimating Eva hmmm as well they should Negi has a hard time fighting a clone of her which is only a portion of her full power. She was able to fight against the thousand master. And Eva isn't from the magical world so the Staff has no power against her. Fate would have lost majorly to Rakan if he didn't have the staff and Eva could probably win against Rakan so there is no over or under estimating her she is just Loli Face Pwnage.!
Old 2010-12-20, 19:06   Link #6383
GreatTeacherKen

Although I'm not sure how Ala Alba will be able to defeat the Fates (assuming they do at the end of this arc), I doubt Eva will show up given her firmly neutral personality. Except for the Kyoto arc she's never intervened to help Negi and co. in battle even when they were in a difficult spot.

Is she even keeping track of what Negi's doing in the Magic World? I don't remember if there was any indication that she knew what Negi was up to.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 19:11   Link #6384
nines
I much prefer the 2d

I don't think they know what their doing up there. They just happened to be talking about mundis magicus while the whole thing with Kurt was going on at the same time.

But we might see them poping up in Mahora Academy which will spur them to go into helping? I think I remember them talking about that o.o
Old 2010-12-20, 19:12   Link #6385
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
Who wins if she doesn't appear at all?
Nobody, it's a draw then.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 20:34   Link #6386
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTeacherKen View Post
Although I'm not sure how Ala Alba will be able to defeat the Fates (assuming they do at the end of this arc), I doubt Eva will show up given her firmly neutral personality. Except for the Kyoto arc she's never intervened to help Negi and co. in battle even when they were in a difficult spot.
Dude, if she learns what happened to Chachamaru Quintum will be in for a Hell of pain. She won't stay neutral then.
Old 2010-12-20, 21:20   Link #6387
GreatTeacherKen

^^Perhaps so or maybe Eva, Albireo, etc. will show up to take on the other Fates while Negi, after he wakes up, battles Averruncus. This is the only way I can think of for Ala Alba to win this battle because I don't think there's any plausible way for Ala Alba to defeat the Fates by themselves. I also doubt Akamatsu will actually make them lose. Considering how high the stakes are at the moment, if Ala Alba were to fail, that would be a rather dark twist.
Old 2010-12-20, 21:25   Link #6388
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
if Ala Alba were to fail, that would be a rather dark twist.
No more Mundus Magicus as we know it, for starters, and the heroes most likely going down with it. At this point, a defeat most likely means certain doom. A 'retreat' or 'truce' also seem like something Cosmo Entelecheia just won't allow.

And really, 100+ chapters of buildup, more than 3 years of real world time spent on this mega-arc, only to have the heroes losing by Diabolus Ex Machina? Blergh.
Old 2010-12-20, 21:37   Link #6389
GreatTeacherKen

^^

Not to mention, Negi hasn't found his dad yet. I'd be really disappointed if the series ends without any resolution on that.

So despite the extreme odds, I believe Ala Alba will save Mundus Magicus somehow or otherwise the series will have a game over like the one you describe.
Old 2010-12-21, 02:47   Link #6390
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Quote:
^^

Not to mention, Negi hasn't found his dad yet. I'd be really disappointed if the series ends without any resolution on that.

So despite the extreme odds, I believe Ala Alba will save Mundus Magicus somehow or otherwise the series will have a game over like the one you describe.
Ah, that brings back memories of the 'Bad End' route in the school festival arc. They had me going for a second there. Yeah, Al clarifying that Nagi is alive practically guarantees we'll see him. (If he hadn't, they may have gone with the 'I'll keep looking, no matter what' ending). I'm still pissed that Negi doesn't seem remotely interested in the whereabouts of his mother, even after Rakan outright told him who she is. Way to go, Prince Negi.
Old 2010-12-21, 02:50   Link #6391
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Well the whereabouts of where his mother is they said she is probably with Nagi some where in the manga before :O Think it was when Rakan explained it all something likes those two love birds went off on there own, so if like Colonel said that Nagi is alive that must mean shes with him also.
Old 2010-12-21, 09:29   Link #6392
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

my cookies are personally on some kind of truce, in which Fate doesn't have Asuna at hand any more, her being somehow spirited away out of reach, hence can't complete the ritual ... accepting that Negi tries his idea first
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 09:48   Link #6393
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
Hmmmmm... if the Master of the Grave is Zect (And I honestly think it is, I won't lie), then he/she is 2,600 years old and Nagi's former teacher...

Another High Daylight Walker? We could finally be hitting on a worthy opponent for our darling Kitty.
I also think it is Zect. The revelation that the Master of the Grave is a woman (or at least sounds like one) was actually interesting imo. The first time we see Zect is on the Ala Rubra pic on the end of Kyoto arc (Vol 06, ch 53, page 14). But at the time me and some other fans though that boy was young takamichi (we had no info about Zect at the time and Takamichi wasn't on the photo). The second time we see Zect is just before Asuna date with Takimachi, when Takane is explaining how famous Nagi and his group are (Vol 14, ch 129, page 10). In this one there is both Zect and young Takamichi. And when i saw it at the time, I thought Zect was a boyish girl because of the way Nagi was carrying him and because of his face that seems kinda like a blush (it's the same kind of blush two other Ken female charas has, Chao and Su from Love Hina).

Quote:

Is she even keeping track of what Negi's doing in the Magic World? I don't remember if there was any indication that she knew what Negi was up to.
Eva have been neutral whenever Negi was fighting enemies that he could defeat if he gave his all. And even so, if we could believe in chachamaru, she still gets very worried. But Negi should already have trouble to defeat Fate, then there isn't much chance to defeat 4, plus the Master of the Grave, plus a posible Mage of the Beginning being revived.

And while they don't know what is going with Negi and friends, the Headmaster knows enought about the situation from 20 years ago to tell them that Asuna was probably taken by the enemy (Vol 32, ch 287, page 14). And while Eva was soundly complaining about helping the headmaster at first, she quiets down after he reveals the info about Asuna.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank-Mage View Post
I'm still pissed that Negi doesn't seem remotely interested in the whereabouts of his mother, even after Rakan outright told him who she is. Way to go, Prince Negi.
After he got confirmation his mother was Arika he was eager to get more info about her, specially that she was alive and not dead as the official info from the governament. But recently negi didn't have any time at all to think about both his mom nor his dad whereabouts. As things have been really in a rush since Godel ends his film and he hat to pay attnetion on the current problems (fake Asuna, the fate of the world, controlling his ME, fighting Fate and his group).

But it is show he cares enought about her that she was an important part of his "dream world" caused by Zazie's sister artifact.
Old 2010-12-21, 18:18   Link #6394
JapaneseTeeth
You don't want to know

My best guess is that either Asuna will use some sort of Lifemaker powers to revive Negi, causing a black magic beatdown, or else Chao will save the day. I really have no clue, but if I have to say something...

Also, I'm kinda skeptical that the Master of the Grave is Zect, we saw him get erased in a flashback, so unless Dynamis or Fate brought him back on their side, I don't see how it could be him. Although it's obviously a possibility. The fact that the Master is identified as female also makes it kinda unlikely.

Maybe the Master of the Grave is one of Zect's relatives or something.
Old 2010-12-21, 18:29   Link #6395
nines
I much prefer the 2d

^

Well it can't be chao because she was an off spring of and off spring of Negi. And as far as I know none of the 32 girls has had a baby yet :O.

Master of the Grave sounds like it could be Zect kind of goes with the name since he was dead could be brought back and then attained the name. And when was the Master identified as a female? Don't remember that.

Could just possibly be some one we don't know, Just because zazies sister knows the master of the grave doesn't mean it'll be some one we know.
Old 2010-12-21, 23:10   Link #6396
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapaneseTeeth View Post
My best guess is that either Asuna will use some sort of Lifemaker powers to revive Negi, causing a black magic beatdown, or else Chao will save the day. I really have no clue, but if I have to say something...

Also, I'm kinda skeptical that the Master of the Grave is Zect, we saw him get erased in a flashback, so unless Dynamis or Fate brought him back on their side, I don't see how it could be him. Although it's obviously a possibility. The fact that the Master is identified as female also makes it kinda unlikely.

Maybe the Master of the Grave is one of Zect's relatives or something.
I'd agree, but Zect is just too damn mysterious. I mean, there's no way they introduce a kid who Nagi calls 'master' and who evidently doesn't age(?) and then not follow up on that.
Old 2010-12-22, 00:08   Link #6397
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank-Mage View Post
I'd agree, but Zect is just too damn mysterious. I mean, there's no way they introduce a kid who Nagi calls 'master' and who evidently doesn't age(?) and then not follow up on that.
Particularly since when Zect got erased? If my memory serves, he was smiling. And not in a 'dying peacefully, live on without me' way. He was smiling like a slasher movie serial killer who's just found two teens having sex in the middle of the dark woods far away from their car. At the time, I thought the implication we were supposed to take from the scene was that the Lifemaker had possessed him in some way.
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 04:18   Link #6398
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Spoiler for 312:
Old 2010-12-22, 04:58   Link #6399
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Spoiler for 312:

Is there any 'author taking a break next week'? I can't read Japanese...
Old 2010-12-22, 05:08   Link #6400
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Is there any 'author taking a break next week'? I can't read Japanese...
The author isn't taking a break, but next week is a magazine break. So yeah, no chapter next week.

Tags
action, fantasy