AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-11-19, 21:14   Link #41
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish

10 things more, you never know.

Last edited by hamiko_san; 2007-12-25 at 16:36.
hamiko_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 03:24   Link #42
kamij0

oh well, then i can downgrade my broadband to 56k, if i cant even download a single
anime in a day.That will hurt them too dearly ...
kamij0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 08:36   Link #43
Ending

Quote:
Just a scare tactic by them, at most just limit your D/L until the storm passes.
That is the problem: "limit your D/L until the storm passes." When everyones rates are down, they have easier time to pick out the bigger ones (seeders) and keep everyone in bay. No, just do the opposite and download like there was no tomorrow if not for nothing else but to spite them.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 09:37   Link #44
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by STfan
I must say, I'm glad I wasn't born a Singaporean. I hear you get lashed and whipped for litter.
I am surprised that where you are born, a monetary fine is considered to be lashing and whippings. I think that there must be lots of lashing and whippings in your country then, since monetary fines are a common penalties for offences.

Corporal punishment in Singapore is only caning. Lashing and whipping as corporal punishment is unheard of in Singapore. Caning is also reserved for aggrieved criminal offences, e.g. rape, assault and battery, rioting, etc. The 'lightest' criminal offence which can receive the sentence of caning is recalcitrant vandalism, which means a continual act of miscreant that results in high property damages to a community.

I fail to see where a minor offence like littering which is not even criminal, gets corporal punishment. One wonders where the source of these lies are from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by "MakubeX2
Just a scare tactic by them, at most just limit your D/L until the storm passes.
Yep, that is what I have been mentioning too. It is unfortunate that many have been thinking "Si liao ar, zeng hu lai cui wa liao. Siao liao!" ( "OMG, the government is coming after me. This is crazy!" ).

Fact is the government is unconcerned with small fries to show their conviction of the law. The likely cases where they would go after individuals would be if the corporations come with evidence to the government and asked them what the government intend to do with the specified recalcitrant offender.
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 21:50   Link #45
???
Unknown

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/biztech...eut/index.html
??? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 21:57   Link #46
DwArD
mAnIaC

Oh great....now Microsoft gonna sue whoever who uses Linux? Great.....it doesn't affect me much anyway.....
Old 2004-11-22, 03:40   Link #47
blueskies

OMG quickly quickly download animes :P

since our great govt eat shit sleep got nothing to do come and disturb our way of living

or maybe our govt want thouse speed for it self

who knows... singapore is scary :fingers:
blueskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 04:45   Link #48
Ending

It would be interesting, at least, if all american company sued the government of China of using Linux. Steve Ballmer has poop in his head.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 09:59   Link #49
STfan
Homicidal Kitty.

Location: In Arcueid's arms, getting my blood drained by the neck. Or at least I wish.
*sigh*

People don't seem to realize that formatting drives or deleting stuff won't keep the government from being able to tell it is there. Ever heard of forensics? :|
STfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 10:02   Link #50
音楽は死んだ
Boobies˛ = Fun

Send a message via Yahoo to 音楽は死んだ
Quote:
*sigh*

People don't seem to realize that formatting drives or deleting stuff won't keep the government from being able to tell it is there. Ever heard of forensics? :|
lol, not if you do it right
音楽は死んだ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 16:07   Link #51
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
*sigh*

Too many people, too much work and too much of a hassel to come up with evidence to charge each and everyone who have D/L stuffs like I've said.

The government will just go after the big fish and not the small fries to please the copyright holders.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote