AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2013-11-07, 18:04   Link #681
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
yea, i liked most of the filler (sans lurichiyo).
Me too. That final mod soul filler arc in particular was great. Practically every battle in that arc was well animated and we got to see some interesting match-ups. I loved every moment of it.

Quote:
it was the FKT arc and the Fullbring arc that sucked so bad it got the show cancelled. All those awful fraccion members, fighting in a bland sky background for years, the espada all failing miserably, and don't get me started on the shitbringers. I liked the end of the arrancar saga a lot, but it can't outweigh years of trash.
I agree with almost everything you stated here. Gotta admit, I found the end of the arrancar saga to be incredibly anti-climactic and disappointing. But from the time Aizen stepped into the battle in FKT up until (but not including) the final battle with post-dangai Ichigo, I enjoyed it.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 01:54   Link #682
Strahan

I am rewatching Bleach, just got done the invading army arc. This filler and the zanpakuto filler I thought were decent. After getting done ep 342 I find I don't have a whole lot of motivation to move into the fullbringer stuff. The only perk in that is the hot redhead fullbringer, heh. Also, I know a shounen generally doesn't dip into romance, but would it have killed the writers to have Ichigo at least hug Rukia just before she faded away? If I were him I'd have hugged her and stole a kiss before she left. I guess my romance story loving side is wishing for too much, lol.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 14:52   Link #683
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
Also, I know a shounen generally doesn't dip into romance, but would it have killed the writers to have Ichigo at least hug Rukia just before she faded away? If I were him I'd have hugged her and stole a kiss before she left. I guess my romance story loving side is wishing for too much, lol.
It would have worked about as well as him saying, "Well, now that she's out of the way, I'm heading over to Orihime's..." ^_^
Old 2014-01-12, 14:56   Link #684
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
I am rewatching Bleach, just got done the invading army arc. This filler and the zanpakuto filler I thought were decent. After getting done ep 342 I find I don't have a whole lot of motivation to move into the fullbringer stuff. The only perk in that is the hot redhead fullbringer, heh. Also, I know a shounen generally doesn't dip into romance, but would it have killed the writers to have Ichigo at least hug Rukia just before she faded away? If I were him I'd have hugged her and stole a kiss before she left. I guess my romance story loving side is wishing for too much, lol.
Kubo did the smart thing. Look what is happening in Naruto's so called romance sub-plot. Kishi and Kubo are extremely bad at this shit so, its better they just avoid it like the plague. Kishi essentially ruined Sakura by introducing the love triangle way-back-when.
Old 2014-01-13, 12:25   Link #685
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Kubo did the smart thing. Look what is happening in Naruto's so called romance sub-plot. Kishi and Kubo are extremely bad at this shit so, its better they just avoid it like the plague. Kishi essentially ruined Sakura by introducing the love triangle way-back-when.
inoue is basically sakura with boobs. and ichigo is basically a mixture of naruto and sasuke. he's the cool guy that she likes, but he's too dumb to do anything about it. so all he does is rescue her and have her heal him over and over and over
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 07:02   Link #686
SidVicious
Anime addict

Seiyuu Masaaki Tsukada Passed Away

Seiyuu Masaaki Tsukada, well known for voicing Yamamoto from Bleach and husband of Masako Nozawa, passed away on January 27, 2014. He was resting from physical illness recently before passing away. The funeral is planned on February 2, 2014 at Yokohama Myourenji.

http://www.cinematoday.jp/page/N0060084
Old 2014-03-26, 21:56   Link #687
darthfury78

Quote:
inoue is basically sakura with boobs. and ichigo is basically a mixture of naruto and sasuke. he's the cool guy that she likes, but he's too dumb to do anything about it. so all he does is rescue her and have her heal him over and over and over
That does suck indeed that Ichigo won't even kiss Inoue or Rukia. It's like that with One Piece where the writer stated that he doesn't want to do relationships with the characters, in particular Luffy x Boa Hancock.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 10:40   Link #688
Eragon
Still Alive

I feel like re-watching the Soul Society arc after hearing this. So many good memories...

Ukitate's Shikai release looks like the most bad ass thing ever :O
Old 2014-05-04, 05:37   Link #689
Altes
Banned

And so the English dub of the Fullbring arc has begun. New voices are good, I even liked how Ikumi's voice sounded more motherly than the original. But the opening and ending songs aren't there.
Altes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 09:41   Link #690
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altes View Post
And so the English dub of the Fullbring arc has begun. New voices are good, I even liked how Ikumi's voice sounded more motherly than the original. But the opening and ending songs aren't there.
bleh... i guess now english-only watchers will know why bleach was canceled too
Old 2014-05-05, 12:32   Link #691
Altes
Banned

Quote:
bleh... i guess now english-only watchers will know why bleach was canceled too
Come on, it can't be worse than the Reigai arc, which is over at long last. Fillers are the true reason Bleach was cancelled.
Old 2014-05-05, 13:15   Link #692
Kurohane

Quote:
Come on, it can't be worse than the Reigai arc, which is over at long last. Fillers are the true reason Bleach was cancelled.
Hear, hear!
Old 2014-05-05, 15:42   Link #693
itachi-san314

Quote:
Fillers are the true reason Bleach was cancelled.
the FB arc was a filler in the manga
Old 2014-05-05, 22:38   Link #694
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
the FB arc was a filler in the manga
I smell personal bias.
Look. There is a reason why the Bleach anime ended and it was not the Fullbring Arc.
Old 2014-05-05, 22:51   Link #695
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
I smell personal bias.
Look. There is a reason why the Bleach anime ended and it was not the Fullbring Arc.
what is your proof exactly?
Old 2014-05-13, 16:29   Link #696
Altes
Banned

Quote:
what is your proof exactly?
In the end, what got the anime cancelled were its low ratings, caused by the amount of filler (about a half of the whole number of episodes). Or rather, that's the reason the anime isn't back yet. The current arc has progressed far enough to start animating it without worrying about catching up with the manga, but nope. Not gonna happen anytime soon.
Old 2014-05-13, 23:07   Link #697
sayde

Ratings were already at all-time lows during the final episodes of the Deicide arc (an arc that took years to build up to). So if the ratings were already pretty abysmal by then, I think that Bleach ended up getting cut because even the canon content had proven it was losing it's fanbase to a significant degree. I mean there were literally times when the majority of us here started to feel like moments during filler arcs were far more entertaining than what was currently going in the manga.

Long story short, I'm not surprised Bleach isn't airing anymore. And I wouldn't place the blame solely on fillers. Because if an anime like Naruto could get away with airing non-stop filler for almost 100 consecutive episodes and still stay on, then Bleach could've done the same. The main problem was not enough people were looking forward to seeing the canon content.

And btw, if they were to bring back the anime now, I'm not sure the manga would have progressed far enough ahead yet. I mean based on the snail's pace this is going, I think a revival of the anime could literally catch up to where the manga is right now in one season if they really wanted to.
Old 2014-05-13, 23:33   Link #698
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Ratings were already at all-time lows during the final episodes of the Deicide arc (an arc that took years to build up to). So if the ratings were already pretty abysmal by then, I think that Bleach ended up getting cut because even the canon content had proven it was losing it's fanbase to a significant degree. I mean there were literally times when the majority of us here started to feel like moments during filler arcs were far more entertaining than what was currently going in the manga.

Long story short, I'm not surprised Bleach isn't airing anymore. And I wouldn't place the blame solely on fillers. Because if an anime like Naruto could get away with airing non-stop filler for almost 100 consecutive episodes and still stay on, then Bleach could've done the same. The main problem was not enough people were looking forward to seeing the canon content.

And btw, if they were to bring back the anime now, I'm not sure the manga would have progressed far enough ahead yet. I mean based on the snail's pace this is going, I think a revival of the anime could literally catch up to where the manga is right now in one season if they really wanted to.
If anything, the ratings dropped because the fillers kept being placed awkwardly in between sections of the Arrancar arc. The Shusuke Amagai filler was between Ichigo vs Grimmjow and Noitra's entrance. When it looks like Ichigo has finally rescued Orihime, next episode all the regular cast are back in the human world as if none of it happened. The Zanpactou filler came in between during Ichigo vs. Ulquiorra, a most anticipated fight. Until recently the Naruto fillers took place between actually arcs, and the transition was much better. What hurt Bleach ratings was that the Arranacar arc was a constant ongoing arc with no interlude, and the staff put two 20+ filler episode arcs, along with few other fillers afterwards in between events of one long arc. It isn't a surprise people started getting sick of the constant back and forth.
Old 2014-05-14, 16:49   Link #699
sayde

Agree to disagree then. Because the canon plot really doesn't leave a whole lot to be desired IMO.
Old 2014-05-14, 19:45   Link #700
itachi-san314

the fact of the matter is that the producers of the show went ahead and did the fullbring arc with full knowledge of the prior ratings. the show was abruptly canceled during that arc and the fullbring arc was rushed to be finished

whether or not people liked the fillers is irrelevant as sayde pointed out. i actually liked some of them more than the canon stuff like fullbring and espada fraccions