AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 5 9.80%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 11.76%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 23.53%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 21.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 13.73%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 5.88%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 7.84%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.96%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.96%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.96%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-09-13, 01:31   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 22 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S, Episode 22.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 04:18   Link #2
Sumeragi
Banned

I have great expectations concerning the meeting with Tessa.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 04:20   Link #3
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Moderate expectations... it's probably not going to bad, but very "just as expected"...

Dem plot twist predictions
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 08:24   Link #4
Marina2

I hope ITEM can save this ep.
Old 2013-09-13, 10:26   Link #5
zaeraal

The first part with Therestina was funny, Mikoto definitely knows how to play with people's feelings.
It was obvios that she COULD NOT have a drug with her in prison, so it was just a chocolate.
But, well played Mikoto..

ITEM involvement was refreshing, but Mikoto's friends not doing anything AGAIN even after they have been involved was disappointing.

But my biggest complain is going to be the ENDING!
If that guy had a a hostage with a crystal knife under his/her neck, I would understand.
If that guy had a switch, that would instantly destroy the data, I would understand.
If that guy had a super anti-esper weapon aimed at Mikoto, I would understand.
If there was no metal around and there was big gap between them, I would understand.

But why the heck did she gave up, if it was none of the above?
If there were electronic devices, there must have been metal.
She could have killed him 3 times before he would have the chance to destroy it.

I just don't understand..
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 12:26   Link #6
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Ahh, forget it. I don't have the strength to complain anymore. There's still a lot of things wrong in this episode and arc and I'm not in the mood.
I really hope js06 starts with NT8 already so I can wash off this arc for the moment.

Date check. Night passed and a new day so it's currently August 28. 2 more days and 2 more episodes. With the preview showing a sunrise(?), they might barely make it but ehh...
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 12:41   Link #7
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Date check. Night passed and a new day so it's currently August 28. 2 more days and 2 more episodes. With the preview showing a sunrise(?), they might barely make it but ehh...
Are you sure it's 28th? The Angel Fall should be already active then.
I know the memories were later fixed, but..
Old 2013-09-13, 12:52   Link #8
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

I've been counting the progression of the days ever since the start of this arc. Pretty sure about my count.
And only those who were unaffected or barely escaped it are the ones to notice Angel Fall. Touma has IB, Kanzaki and Tsuchimikado were in that vault(?) with magical protections in London. Everyone else didn't notice a thing.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 04:43   Link #9
ZerothBastion
Edogawa Conan, Tantei-sa

Is this really ending in 2 episodes?
ZerothBastion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 06:11   Link #10
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

now i know touma's involvement, flashbacks

the saten scenes were cute
and i was hoping for a 3 and 4 rematch, bu to no avail

the question is what does Janie look like, a 15 yr old Febri?

Last edited by Bakaizer; 2013-09-14 at 06:25.
Bakaizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 06:21   Link #11
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZerothBastion View Post
Is this really ending in 2 episodes?
Yes, S1 also had a quick finish for the original part.

Anyway, the subtitles are out and the episode was better than what people are saying.
(Except the last part as I commented above)

The Therestina's talk was interesting and I wonder what did she meant by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therestina
Remember this, princess.
In Academic City, even a filthy guinea pig like you can get a bunch of "close" friends with a label like "Level 5."
You don't know how deep the darkness goes for those who can't even be guinea pigs.
Was she reffering to Level 0s? Or those that aren't even espers?

We also get to know that Febli's sister is called Janie and that an artificial human being created by humans, is called a "Chemicaloid"
(made me wonder if they based it on Vocaloid)

Also last episode Saten was complaining about Gekota doctor, now she wonders who he is
But I have to agree, last episode he acted as if he forgot who he was..

This scene was really cute even the quality was way superior compared to the rest of the episode.

Overall, the episode felt ok, not pointless flashbacks nor forced talks.
EXCEPT THE END!!! When I watched it again, I noticed there was metal literally everywhere!!

I can't understand why did she gave up.
The only explanation I could come up with was that he might have been lying and the real data was somewhere else.

But those scientists are really playing with fire.. and they don't even bother erasing their traces.
Spoilers
Spoiler for possible end
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-09-14, 06:51   Link #12
Veviticus

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
The genius scientists who goes by unnoticed because of espers, even if they win top awards every year. So said scientists makes a clone to show the world how great they are.
But the database says they're not attending so they're probably going to attack the place
Old 2013-09-14, 06:55   Link #13
Shadrala
Level 5 Railgun Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post

But my biggest complain is going to be the ENDING!
If that guy had a a hostage with a crystal knife under his/her neck, I would understand.
If that guy had a switch, that would instantly destroy the data, I would understand.
If that guy had a super anti-esper weapon aimed at Mikoto, I would understand.
If there was no metal around and there was big gap between them, I would understand.

But why the heck did she gave up, if it was none of the above?
If there were electronic devices, there must have been metal.
She could have killed him 3 times before he would have the chance to destroy it.

I just don't understand..
I don't think it was about giving up. She wasn't. I think you have to look at this from her current mental disposition in that situational context. She wasn't willing to risk having that data destroyed when Febli's life was on the line. Since season 1, she's become more aware of how much destructive power she possesses I believe, how much it can hurt others if she's not careful. This was shown when Mikoto blamed herself when Febli was taken to the hospital after they were attacked by those powered suits. It also just shows how far Mikoto's willing to go, how much she's willing to sacrifice to achieve her goal of keeping Febli alive. She did tell Heaven Cancellor that she was willing to sacrifice her own well-being for the little girl after all. She's faced the darkness before and she knows how terrible it can be; I think this time round, she's just more mentally prepared to go to the extremes without a fuss (compared to the sisters arc).

I think that scene also shows how much Mikoto has changed from season 1. She doesn't just charge head-on straightaway anymore with only a positive outlook in mind. She's realised how much you can lose from the darkness (hence the more calculative approach- but don't get me wrong, she still IS a hothead, she's just better at restraining herself), and how many things could go wrong that is beyond her own powers, even as a Level 5. I think this was portrayed in an indirect way with that flashback of Touma wanting to make his dream come true. She says:
Spoiler for spoiler/ quote:

Furthermore, I think that talk with Telestina influenced Mikoto's decision somewhat. That villain from season 1 said:
Spoiler for spoiler/quote:

During the sister's arc, Mikoto took the second route- or at least attempted to do so. To destroy everything related to the darkness. It hadn't worked. What if this time, she's subconsciously taking the first route? Letting it enslave her? An indirect influence from Telestina perhaps... *shudders*

At any rate, in my mind, the final scene was very much justified, although I wouldn't have minded seeing more Railgun action :P However, this arc seems to be placing more emphasis on Mikoto's internal state of the Sister's arc aftermath, which I highly appreciate and value. Now, I wonder, what will Study do now? Mikoto and Nunotaba is in a very sticky situation... Yeah, I'm not sure how they're going to finish this off in 2 episodes (I can't believe there're only 2 left!!!) but I sure am looking forward to where all this is going!

I still don't really understand why Febli was so scared of Mikoto if Nunotaba was the one who told her about her XD Did Fish-eyes describe her as a scary monster or something?!

I thought the scene with Telestina was very well done too. It really expressed Mikoto's internal state well, how much she was affected by the Sisters Arc, yet how she can still carry on living in Academy City. And I just enjoy having Telestina as the villain. She's bloody fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therestina
Remember this, princess.
In Academic City, even a filthy guinea pig like you can get a bunch of "close" friends with a label like "Level 5."
You don't know how deep the darkness goes for those who can't even be guinea pigs.
Well, in the end, I think both... I personally think she was directly referring to the researchers... But then when Saten-san said,
Spoiler for spoiler/quote:

I think it somewhat echoes what Telestina said, and applies it to all non-espers and level 0s.

I'm dying to know what next week's episode holds...!

Shadrala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 06:59   Link #14
Veviticus

I thought that was odd too how febli was scared of misaka. Program the one person who febli can count on but also make her afraid of said person. that sounds like a good idea!

Mugino and ITEM sure made misaka look weak this episode. They easily dispatched those robots when misaka couldn't take out one.
Old 2013-09-14, 07:02   Link #15
Shadrala
Level 5 Railgun Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veviticus View Post
Mugino and ITEM sure made misaka look weak this episode. They easily dispatched those robots when misaka couldn't take out one.
But there's a major difference between Mugino and Mikoto. When Mikoto fought that robot, she believed it was manned. While Mugino might not care about where she throws her powers around, Mikoto never aims to kill if necessary. The electromaster was obviously holding back when she fought that power suit, while Mugino was just firing away without a single drop of care.

Old 2013-09-14, 07:24   Link #16
Veviticus

She is capable of attacking without killing anyone. Look at first season, first episode when she shoots her railgun at a car full of robbers and doesn't kill them. And that is canon. Her iron sand didn't even damage the robot either. She just pushed it back, and ended up putting febli in danger.
Old 2013-09-14, 07:29   Link #17
Shadrala
Level 5 Railgun Stalker

Quote:
She is capable of attacking without killing anyone. Look at first season, first episode when she shoots her railgun at a car full of robbers and doesn't kill them. And that is canon. Her iron sand didn't even damage the robot either. She just pushed it back, and ended up putting febli in danger.
The fight was hardly long enough for her to go to such an extent. She was still in the process of working out why her electricity wasn't working on the powered suit. Then, Mikoto got distracted by the dangerous predicament Ruiko and Febli had found themselves in, and she had to prioritise. Her friends' safety comes before destroying the robot.

Old 2013-09-14, 07:59   Link #18
Veviticus

If her friend's safety came first, getting them out of the way should have been a priority before fighting the robot. The first predicament was an accident caused by herself. The 2nd time she was in danger... why was she put in danger again shortly after being saved? And if the robot hadn't stopped, both febli and misaka would have been severely injured.
Old 2013-09-14, 08:03   Link #19
Draco Spirit

Quiet a strong episode, especially for a filler episode, gonna give it a 8

Something I think they've really got better at this session is drawing all the different types of story together and mixing them together to make a drama that works. For example, Febli "illness" for lack of a better term coming up when she getting a pretty little dress, its a hell of a lot of better blend then the weaker latter half of session 1.

I liked Kuroko attempted subduction of Mikoto too, she was actually being pretty deep and caring for Mikoto when she needed someone to do so, but sadly she pushed her luck a bit too much with that hand!

Something else I noticed, Nunotaba and the sisters share a lot of the same mannerisms and speech patterns (bar talking in third person), she really put a lot of herself into Testament.... which likely explains the emotional attachment very neatly.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 08:06   Link #20
Shadrala
Level 5 Railgun Stalker

Quote:
If her friend's safety came first, getting them out of the way should have been a priority before fighting the robot. The first predicament was an accident caused by herself. The 2nd time she was in danger... why was she put in danger again shortly after being saved? And if the robot hadn't stopped, both febli and misaka would have been severely injured.
The first time, Mikoto trusted Kuroko to take care of the others. Thus, she started fighting the robot. As I said, she thought the robot was manned and didn't go all out. Then she discovered her electricity wasn't working and this confused her, forcing her to go defensive mode while she tried to work it out. Thinking while fighting isn't an easy thing to do, actually. The second time they were in danger, Mikoto felt more responsibility for her friend's safety directly, because she was the one who caused those pipes to nearly fall on top of Febli and Ruiko. Even at this point, Mikoto still had no idea that the machine was NOT manned. It was only after Kongou arrived and bashed the thing open that Mikoto discovered the truth.

Quote:
Something else I noticed, Nunotaba and the sisters share a lot of the same mannerisms and speech patterns (bar talking in third person), she really put a lot of herself into Testament.... which likely explains the emotional attachment very neatly.
Ohhh, thanks for that! That's a very interesting thought!