AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad ~After Story~ - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 333 89.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 6.99%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 1.88%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 0.54%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 1.08%
Voters: 372. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-13, 06:46   Link #41
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I guess the right thing here to say is if this episode doesn't get to you, then you're heartless.

I broke down while watching this, and i'm still feeling the effects. That was incredible touching.
Old 2009-02-13, 06:46   Link #42
Snooker
Call me neet.

Someone gave 1/10 without explanation .
Old 2009-02-13, 06:49   Link #43
Justin Kim
*Artist

The RAW is already out on torrent? Where? Or has it already been subbed? Oh wow, I really want to watch this...ugh.
Old 2009-02-13, 06:50   Link #44
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
The RAW is already out on torrent? Where? Or has it already been subbed? Oh wow, I really want to watch this...ugh.
The episode has been subbed. You can find it in the usual places.
Old 2009-02-13, 06:51   Link #45
Justin Kim
*Artist

Oh whoah thanks, I just checked the animesuki.com site. That was insanely fast for the subs to come out this early=/ unless im mistaken, but thank you shiroth.
Old 2009-02-13, 06:52   Link #46
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooker View Post
Someone gave 1/10 without explanation .
Many more people gave a 10/10 without explaining too. I'd like to hear from them just the same. I've never seen an episode so overwhelmingly well received.

@Shiroth: Don't get me wrong I felt it was touching and poignant I just can't bring myself to cry over it.
Old 2009-02-13, 06:59   Link #47
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
@Shiroth: Don't get me wrong I felt it was touching and poignant I just can't bring myself to cry over it.
Yeah i'm not saying that. You don't have to break into tears to accept how touching and beautiful this episode was.

As for people not explaining why they gave this episode a 10, i say the episode does a good enough job of doing that in their place.
Old 2009-02-13, 07:01   Link #48
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
My throat and my eyes are aching over this episode, and this is certainly not the cold of February and the KyoAni's bright colors.

I would say it is an excellent episode, the renewed respect of Tomoya for his father and his awakening to fatherhood did it for me. Now, the next challenge is to face him and close that gap between each other.
Makoto arc whut?
Old 2009-02-13, 07:04   Link #49
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yeah i'm not saying that. You don't have to break into tears to accept how touching and beautiful this episode was.

As for people not explaining why they gave this episode a 10, i say the episode does a good enough job of doing that in their place.
Well a lot better then a one at least. I'm just waiting for the crying to stop and the discussion to get going as I think this episode capitalized on the family theme better then any other and I'd like to have a reason to touch upon it some more.
Old 2009-02-13, 07:11   Link #50
OmegaPhlare
The Romanticism

Wow, Kaioshin Sama, you stick out a lot while trying not to. Are you really sure you didn't think this episode was 10/10? From your excitement it sounds like you really loved it but are in some kind of happy denial of your own feelings.
Old 2009-02-13, 07:12   Link #51
Kirku

Oof. My eyes and throat are still sore after watching this. I think this is my favorite Episode so far, no other Anime has ever made me tear up this much and cry.

10/10 favorite episode so far! Loved how Ushio and Tomoya are a family again now, i miss Nagisa; ;
Old 2009-02-13, 07:12   Link #52
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I would say it is an excellent episode, the renewed respect of Tomoya for his father and his awakening to fatherhood did it for me. Now, the next challenge is to face him and close that gap between each other.
Makoto arc whut?
Considering that he wasn't even approaching the level of care that his father had given him and his realisation to that, this task would be nothing compared to the remorse he feels for _totally_ looking upon Ushio as though she was transparent.

For 5. long. years.

Tomoya's always carried a holier-than-thou airs whenever he faces his father, since he just kept getting his life screwed up because of his father's 'antics'(that's what he quite clearly thinks of them). So yeah, all too easy to throw that, and the load off his father's shoulders, away.

Just thought of a most weird, but definitely correct thing to say:

Naoyuki was so GAR in the flashback, even though he didn't say anything.
Old 2009-02-13, 07:45   Link #53
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Just saw the RAW.

Yes. The legendary Reminiscing scene. Pretty much the favorite scene by Clannad gamers in the entire game and for me one of the best moments I've ever had to read/play.

I didn't think they could animate it any better than the game, but they did.

Also, the comment by Ushio that it was the first ever toy her dad gave ger is one of the single most thought-provoking lines ever said.

Comments later when I download the subs.

Edit - No subs out yet.

Edit redux - Scratch that. Sprocket Hole subs scarywater site has it listed.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2009-02-13 at 07:57.
Old 2009-02-13, 07:48   Link #54
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I just saw it. It was unreal.

Spoiler for thoughts:

Maybe I'll post a few additional thoughts later.
Old 2009-02-13, 08:11   Link #55
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Wow , this is it, the beautiful story I was looking for. After all the doubts I had, this episode validates the whole series for me. What an emotional roller coaster, sad tears, bittersweet tears, happy tears, just tears pouring out for half an episode. That one episode that defines KyoAni/Key's series, this is it. Scene after scene, you can just feel all the emotions just rushing into you. 10/10, amazing.
Old 2009-02-13, 08:21   Link #56
Kikuchi

I can't freaking believe it. This was just too good. I just finished watching the episode and still can't believe how emotionnal such "simple" scenes were. Probably my favorite episode ATM.
Old 2009-02-13, 08:23   Link #57
typhonsentra

I was the one score. It was an accident, sorry.
Old 2009-02-13, 08:24   Link #58
mystic210

Send a message via MSN to mystic210
Damn, was that a tearjerker or what? 10/10

This is by far the best episode of the series so far, so many emotions going through you. It's pure brilliance, I thought nothing could top episode 16 for me. Finally Tomoya can be a true father towards Ushio and be a family, even though it's without Nagisa.
Old 2009-02-13, 08:41   Link #59
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Once that music cues around 13:00, I just never fully recovered the rest of the episode. That is just awesome I think. And you don't have to be sad to cry. Whenever the body has emotional overload of any kind and can't handle it, I believe it releases manganese through crying to try and calm it. Half the time I was crying I was crying with a smile on, that's what's so great about these drama series from Key/KyoAni, they're not just angst fests, they're very much about values and showing happiness too. What you can do and should do for others, showing how selfish you may be being, by showing how selfish some of the characters are being, I think they are very worthwhile stories to watch, not to mention they are enormously entertaining (most of the time). This episode though, perfect. Overall, took the series for me, from a 7-8 to a 9 easy.
Old 2009-02-13, 08:55   Link #60
Nikkan

Great episode, a perfect 10/10. For once I didn't hate the happy ending song and I cried when Tomoya and Ushio hugged and then again when he told Ushio about her mother.

The ending scene with Nagisa smiling was just perfect.

Somehow I wish that this was the final episode..I'm sure something bad is going to happen
Closed Thread