AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-26, 17:49   Link #1021
Used Can

You know, reading all these spoilers makes me wonder if I should be rejoicing on the possibility of a happy end, or whether I should expect Nisio to cut some heads at the very end.

There are three more volumes to go, right? If I remember correctly, Otori should be coming out in June, no?
I seem to have forgotten which of the girls that volume was supposedly going to follow. Nadeko?
Old 2011-04-27, 00:41   Link #1022
LotionExplosion
is in Despair

Araragi is Man among Men!

You deserve a Beer
LotionExplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 00:44   Link #1023
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
You know, reading all these spoilers makes me wonder if I should be rejoicing on the possibility of a happy end, or whether I should expect Nisio to cut some heads at the very end.

There are three more volumes to go, right? If I remember correctly, Otori should be coming out in June, no?
I seem to have forgotten which of the girls that volume was supposedly going to follow. Nadeko?
Well here's the thing, Hana takes place in April 2007 and the other novels were in 2006. There are still many unresolved questions and places in time unfilled yet.
-What happened with Araragi after he got back from timeline X? <--August
-How did they meet Ougi? <--December
-What happened the day before graduation? <-- March It seems something happened on that day that was mentioned in Hana

The novels usually have something happening in every month.
Kizu-March 2006
Kuro-April 2006
Bake 1-May 2006
Bake 2-June 2006
Nise 1-July 2006
Nise 2-August 2006
Shiro-August 2006
Kabuki-August 2006
Hana-April 2007

With that being said, assuming something does happen every month then we have 5 more novel outside of the upcoming 3 since one them HAVE to be on August 2006 too.

In Hana most of the characters were accounted for, Kanbaru, Araragi and Karen actually appears, Senjougahara, Tsubasa, Tsukihi and Shinobu were mentioned in way that makes them seem still alive and Mayoi is already dead. The only one not mentioned is Nadeko.

Last edited by omimon; 2011-06-29 at 17:47.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 01:07   Link #1024
Used Can

Can we say for sure the other novels will take place before Hana, though?

I've seen some people speculating Oni taking place in the past - back when Shinobu met her first partner. So, if something like that happens, that'd also break the 2006 rule.

As for something happening every month. That's true, but we've got 3 novels taking place in August. So, it isn't as if every novel has worked with a different month. And Hana did work with a different year.

I think most of the questions you posed could be answered with just an explanation and/or a flashback.

Mind you, I'm not saying Nisio will necessarily break the 2006 rule, but I don't think he's got to keep it either.
Old 2011-04-27, 02:27   Link #1025
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Can we say for sure the other novels will take place before Hana, though?

I've seen some people speculating Oni taking place in the past - back when Shinobu met her first partner. So, if something like that happens, that'd also break the 2006 rule.

As for something happening every month. That's true, but we've got 3 novels taking place in August. So, it isn't as if every novel has worked with a different month. And Hana did work with a different year.

I think most of the questions you posed could be answered with just an explanation and/or a flashback.

Mind you, I'm not saying Nisio will necessarily break the 2006 rule, but I don't think he's got to keep it either.
That's true, I personally feel that it could be about Shinobu's past too. It possible that we'll see them time travel again and the initial date that they travel from is one of those months. How they met Ougi could be explained in a flashback but I think the other two is great material to make a whole novel for.
Old 2011-04-27, 16:38   Link #1026
Romanticide

I wouldn't be surprised if Shinobu Time was about her first "servant." I just wonder how it would effect everything else if she or Koyomi tried to save him.
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 17:50   Link #1027
Used Can

I think they've already learned their lesson about trying to change the past.
Old 2011-04-27, 21:13   Link #1028
LotionExplosion
is in Despair

I know we've had this discussion before... I think - but I think all these girls that loves (I think) Araragi have some sort of Hero's Syndrome.

He Save a girl from trouble
I assume in the later books something NTR happens and
somebody else will save the girl from him.

Ya follow?

Is his relationship with the other girls stable? Especially with Hitagi?
Old 2011-04-28, 01:04   Link #1029
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotionExplosion View Post
I know we've had this discussion before... I think - but I think all these girls that loves (I think) Araragi have some sort of Hero's Syndrome.

He Save a girl from trouble
I assume in the later books something NTR happens and
somebody else will save the girl from him.

Ya follow?

Is his relationship with the other girls stable? Especially with Hitagi?
Another guy in my harem series!? Blasphemy!! His relationship is pretty stable I mean Hanekawa confessed to him while pretty much naked and he was able to refuse.

Actually one thing I do want to mention is that Numachi and Kanbaru was "this" close to kissing each other. When they were playing basketball there were two times where they had their faces right up to each other and either of them could have moved in on the other. Sadly since Numachi is not of this world so its impossible.
Old 2011-04-28, 16:17   Link #1030
LotionExplosion
is in Despair

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Another guy in my harem series!? Blasphemy!! His relationship is pretty stable I mean Hanekawa confessed to him while pretty much naked and he was able to refuse.

Actually one thing I do want to mention is that Numachi and Kanbaru was "this" close to kissing each other. When they were playing basketball there were two times where they had their faces right up to each other and either of them could have moved in on the other. Sadly since Numachi is not of this world so its impossible.
Numachi is a dude?

Its not like Kanbaru likes Araragi, to that extent... right?

Other than Kanbaru's natural personality. She doesn't seem to give her self entirely to Araragi? Or did I miss something?
Old 2011-04-28, 21:52   Link #1031
Shadow5YA

It would be interesting to read a novel from Shinobu's point of view, since she doesn't exactly have the same moral standards as a human.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 00:16   Link #1032
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotionExplosion View Post
Numachi is a dude?

Its not like Kanbaru likes Araragi, to that extent... right?

Other than Kanbaru's natural personality. She doesn't seem to give her self entirely to Araragi? Or did I miss something?
Numachi is a gal. During the first match she was like "I don't like those rough boys."

As for if Kanbaru has any feelings for Araragi....its debatable. Like I said already she blushed when Araragi carried her and when Numachi questioned what kind of guys she would like she answsered "Guys who are short and gentle."
Old 2011-04-29, 10:22   Link #1033
Romanticide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
It would be interesting to read a novel from Shinobu's point of view, since she doesn't exactly have the same moral standards as a human.
Yeah. I'd like to hear how she deals with things in the modern world. And she needs more clothes. I think it'd be funny if she went shopping with Koyomi's money.
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 11:05   Link #1034
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanticide View Post
Yeah. I'd like to hear how she deals with things in the modern world. And she needs more clothes. I think it'd be funny if she went shopping with Koyomi's money.
She has the ability to create her own clothes. As for Araragi's money they do go to Mr. Donuts to get donuts every once in a while. In Nise 2 almost a quarter of the novel is spent on them going to buy donuts.

Last edited by omimon; 2011-07-18 at 16:48.
Old 2011-05-03, 09:35   Link #1035
Otrebla

have you guys read the bake. shorts (hitagi buffet, mayoi room, etc)? what do you think about them? i read the hitagi buffet translation made by omimon and i really enjoyed it.
Spoiler for thoughts:

i read spoilers (not in this page, i can post the link if you guys want) about suruga court and mayoi room... not gonna comment on those coz its not the whole thing

btw, are there plans to translate the other shorts? i love what you guys do, otherwise i wouldnt be able to read this stuff which i enjoy a lot.
Otrebla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 10:04   Link #1036
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otrebla View Post
have you guys read the bake. shorts (hitagi buffet, mayoi room, etc)? what do you think about them? i read the hitagi buffet translation made by omimon and i really enjoyed it.
Spoiler for thoughts:

i read spoilers (not in this page, i can post the link if you guys want) about suruga court and mayoi room... not gonna comment on those coz its not the whole thing

btw, are there plans to translate the other shorts? i love what you guys do, otherwise i wouldnt be able to read this stuff which i enjoy a lot.
I personally have read 4 of the shorts (not Tsubasa Song) and I personally think that they are too short. They explore so little that after knowing Nisio style of going endlessly into something that you feel....shortchanged. One thing for sure and fans need to keep in mind is that they could very well tie into the main series. Mayoi Room for example is a prologue to Kabuki and it's sorta needed that you read it before Kabuki.

I'm sorta planning on doing the rest but I've been procrastinating.
Old 2011-05-09, 16:47   Link #1037
zato_1one

Quote:
Alright I've finished reading Hana so here's a summary:
Spoiler:
Does it mention whether Araragi can go to the same university as Senjougahara or does he just become a taxi driver?
Old 2011-05-09, 17:24   Link #1038
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
Does it mention whether Araragi can go to the same university as Senjougahara or does he just become a taxi driver?
We know he graduated high school despite the fact that he had to get down on his knees and beg the teachers to let him pass. Whether he got in with Senjougahara or not is another matter that we don't know.
Old 2011-05-09, 20:55   Link #1039
Shadow5YA

You would think he would straighten up his school life when he's close with the #7 and #1 of his class... I'm sure they would be more than glad to tutor him.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 22:19   Link #1040
LotionExplosion
is in Despair

Quote:
We know he graduated high school despite the fact that he had to get down on his knees and beg the teachers to let him pass. Whether he got in with Senjougahara or not is another matter that we don't know.
I should try that, going to college soon lolol

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, harem, nishio, romance