AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-08-22, 21:21   Link #161
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
Spoiler for Time:

So it looks like Tales of Xillia will clock in 50 hours for the main story. A little disappointed at the length, I'm a sucker for long RPGs.
I'm assuming both protagonists would have similar (time length-wise) routes in the beginning before their story converge?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 22:15   Link #162
Excorsism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'm assuming both protagonists would have similar (time length-wise) routes in the beginning before their story converge?
Unforunately, I've been hearing that you merely only see the story from a different perspective when you pick Jude or Milla but the main plot stays relatively the same.
Old 2011-08-24, 22:12   Link #163
Excorsism

New PV

Spoiler for PV 4:

Simply amazing music. I love it.

Also, Elise character introduction.

Spoiler for Elise:

And also more DLC, .

Spoiler for Maid/Butler DLC:

Seems like there's gonna be a ton of internal conflict, both within the characters and the party. Looking forward to it.
Old 2011-08-24, 22:24   Link #164
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Seems like there's gonna be a ton of internal conflict, both within the characters and the party. Looking forward to it.
While I'm sure there are others series, those internal conflict scenes gave me FF13 vibes.

Quote:
Also, Elise character introduction.

Spoiler for Elise:
Rather than Elise, this feels more like Tipo's introduction

Quote:
And also more DLC, .

Spoiler for Maid/Butler DLC:
Isn't one of them already a butler ?!
Old 2011-08-24, 23:35   Link #165
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Damn it, how much more money is bamco gonna suck from us for costume >.<. I miss the old days where you don't feel cheated when buying your game because they give you every content available instead of asking you to pay more
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 00:37   Link #166
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

So that's where the first kissu~ scene came from....

My gut feeling tells me the 'internal conflict' is what fuels the 2nd half of Xillia, after the cliche 'evil tyrant' Nachtigal with 'death laser weapon' Krusnik's Spear are dealt with.

So Jude is now potentially far more than just an Ordinary High Medical School Student with a Crush Caught in Accidental World Struggle.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 12:15   Link #167
GDB

I just hope they left some things in the game (as far as optionalities go), and didn't put them all to DLC. Even just 1 costume per character, a few accessories (hopefully normal glasses, I want to put them on Jude so much), etc.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 01:16   Link #168
Westlo
Lets be reality

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201...lia_preorders/

Highest preorders for the series ever, surpassing 200k. Guess this locks in the series on PS3 for at least another 2 editions.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 21:29   Link #169
Westlo
Lets be reality

It's Famitsu... but

10/9/10/10 is what it scored.. making it the highest scoring tales game iirc?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 21:31   Link #170
GDB

Yeah, but they also gave Nintendogs and Final Fantasy XII perfect scores, and Final Fantasy XIII a 39 (just like Xillia), so I'd take the numbers with a grain of salt. That being said, I can't wait for my copy to ship.
Old 2011-08-30, 21:41   Link #171
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Famitsu has been pretty accurate in their reviews aside from the few you mentioned, so I will trust them in this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Damn it, how much more money is bamco gonna suck from us for costume >.<. I miss the old days where you don't feel cheated when buying your game because they give you every content available instead of asking you to pay more
Think about it like this, those contents don't exist. DLC gives them to you. Maybe that will make you feel better.
Old 2011-08-30, 21:45   Link #172
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Think about it like this, those contents don't exist. DLC gives them to you. Maybe that will make you feel better.
I'd be willing to buy that excuse if the disc was either filled to capacity (it isn't) or if they waited until after the game released to come out with them, to make it seem like they didn't have the ability to put it on the disc (they did).

That being said... new image came out with the previous Tales costumes. I really liked Milla's (Dhaos), Jude's (Leon), and Alvin (Cruxis Kratos). I forget off hand who Leia's was (I think it was Farrah or something?), Rowen was Barbatos, and Elise was Mint.
Old 2011-08-30, 23:51   Link #173
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I'm willing to buy this excuse if the DLC come out 3 or 4 months after the game come out, but for a DLC that com out on the same day as the game? I can't help but feel cheated

Oh well, most likely I won't buy the DLC anyway so no use in complaining(hard to find someone who sell PSN card with reasonable price, and after the PSN disaster last time, I don't think I can trust Sony with my credit card number)
Old 2011-09-01, 04:25   Link #174
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 13:44   Link #175
Accelolita_

Oh GAWD. The opening looks so awesome.
I want that game so bad.
I hope Namco brings it over to NA/EU ;_;
I'd buy it instantly but I want to understand everything xD
Geez, jap dub with eng sub would be enough, seriously ;3;

EDIT: btw. am I the only one who don't like the Jude/Milla shipping? Though I don't really ship anyone yet I like Jude with Elise. But, well. That's just me
Accelolita_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 19:05   Link #176
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accelolita_ View Post
I hope Namco brings it over to NA/EU ;_;
Odds are they will, unless Graces F just completely and utterly bombs. It just likely won't be here until 2014-2015.

Quote:
btw. am I the only one who don't like the Jude/Milla shipping? Though I don't really ship anyone yet I like Jude with Elise. But, well. That's just me
I reserve any pairings until I actually play the game and see who actually fits well together.
Old 2011-09-06, 19:26   Link #177
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Odds are they will, unless Graces F just completely and utterly bombs. It just likely won't be here until 2014-2015.
Oh God I hope not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accelolita_ View Post
EDIT: btw. am I the only one who don't like the Jude/Milla shipping? Though I don't really ship anyone yet I like Jude with Elise. But, well. That's just me
Well it's not like I don't like Jude/Milla shipping, reasonably speaking there's just not enough information to make a decision

That said there are... Other Factors, which makes the other girls somewhat more appealing to me
Old 2011-09-06, 22:33   Link #178
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Well, so far I only like it for purely visual reasons... and my gut instinct.

I wouldn't claim my instinct to be fool-proof, but it has served me many times well in regards to 'blind ship first, genuinely love it later.'

Though it has also gave birth to stuff people call me crazy for... >.>

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 00:11   Link #179
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Well, so far I only like it for purely visual reasons... and my gut instinct.

I wouldn't claim my instinct to be fool-proof, but it has served me many times well in regards to 'blind ship first, genuinely love it later.'

Though it has also gave birth to stuff people call me crazy for... >.>
My gambling skills are less formidable- Few of the pairings that I'm blindly shooting for ever came true
Old 2011-09-07, 00:24   Link #180
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

I just hope bamco won't announce an updated version before I finish playing so I can still sell my copy for a high price . Anyway, 2 more days before my copy is shipped, probably 2 more weeks before I can play this game :yay: