AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-10-30, 03:47   Link #681
G147

Well the Triana and CCQ are more on the Evil Pieces. Well there are speculations that Issei's 4 Remaining Evil Pieces will become Mutation Piece too, after he attains a subspecies.

Well back to Volume 16, am i the only one to feel that the Forbidden Invade Balor the Beast is like a ripoff of Breakdown the Beast.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 04:50   Link #682
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post

Well back to Volume 16, am i the only one to feel that the Forbidden Invade Balor the Beast is like a ripoff of Breakdown the Beast.
It does contain some similarity in it's name, but I personally think that it's mechanic is completely then Breakdown of the Beast.

The reason why I think that, is because a part of Balor's ... existence wasn't originally a part of Gasper's SG, and only due to Gasper being it's current wielder, this phenomenon has occurred - in other words, I don't think that a part of Balor has actually been sealed within Gasper's Sacred Gear, but rather that it's influence has caused Gasper's gear to evolve granting it, a new ability that it hadn't had before.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 05:00   Link #683
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
just wondering do dragon kings/evil dragon could kill gods/goddess if not? they cant be a longinus type sg? if they been sealed into it ?

only gods/goddess power/part of their essence or any being/beast/dragon or etc that could rival god can become longinus type sg poor saji
Old 2013-10-30, 05:07   Link #684
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
just wondering do dragon kings/evil dragon could kill gods/goddess if not? they cant be a longinus type sg? if they been sealed into it ?
It's not only that they are supposed to grant the user with enough power to kill a god.

They are also supposed to grant the user with abilities that, in normal conditions wouldn't be possible to combine (like in Ddraig's case, the ability to boost it's users power and also transfer it to someone else).

Stating that, I believe that a few of the Dragon King's / Evil Dragons probably would be capable of becoming another Longinus type sg, but I don't think that every one of them would be capable of achieving that.
Old 2013-10-30, 06:20   Link #685
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
It's not only that they are supposed to grant the user with enough power to kill a god.

They are also supposed to grant the user with abilities that, in normal conditions wouldn't be possible to combine (like in Ddraig's case, the ability to boost it's users power and also transfer it to someone else).

Stating that, I believe that a few of the Dragon King's / Evil Dragons probably would be capable of becoming another Longinus type sg, but I don't think that every one of them would be capable of achieving that.
i know to be longinus you must have power to kill god/goddess/above divine/unholy/sacred beast or dragon and you must have multiple skill to grant it users to be longinus. though there still bother/confuse me how are regulus nemea and slash wolf have power to kill god/goddess ? , i know they have multiple skill.... still confusing

ugh maybe im over analyzing still hope that saji sg evolve or mutate to longinus just like gasper has in volume 16 (if thats true)

Spoiler:
Old 2013-10-30, 06:50   Link #686
nacer666

So if gasper has a fragment of balor, where did the rest of him go?
nacer666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 06:57   Link #687
Chris38

@kusabireika

Remember that Longinus type SG also depends on the wielder's own power.

Even if the Sacred Gear might have some potential to grant someone an ability that has the capability to actually kill a god, as longer as the host hasn't a sufficient power to withstand that, the Sacred Gear's capabilities are naturally lowered.

Ise is the prime example of that.

Considering that, I would say that Saji might have the chance of his SG becoming a Longinus, after all ... he has already fulfilled the condition of having a few SG abilities that normally would be impossible to achieve, due to the merging of all the types of Vitra's SG's, and awakening his consciousness.

The only mystery left is ... how strong Vitra has been, before he was sealed into a SG, and how much of his power, Saji can be able to access.

It also depends on what kind of role Ishibumi has for Saji, in the future parts of the story.

Finally, I think that we would have a better understanding of this topic, after we read volume 16, where we will learn ... what kind of conditions you have to fulfill to have you're SG gain the potential to become a Longinus.
Old 2013-10-30, 07:02   Link #688
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
@kusabireika

Remember that Longinus type SG also depends on the wielder's own power.

Even if the Sacred Gear might have some potential to grant someone an ability that has the capability to actually kill a god, as longer as the host hasn't a sufficient power to withstand that, the Sacred Gear's capabilities are naturally lowered.

Ise is the prime example of that.

Considering that, I would say that Saji might have the chance of his SG becoming a Longinus, after all ... he has already fulfilled the condition of having a few SG abilities that normally would be impossible to achieve, due to the merging of all the types of Vitra's SG's, and awakening his consciousness.

The only mystery left is ... how strong Vitra has been, before he was sealed into a SG, and how much of his power, Saji can be able to access.

It also depends on what kind of role Ishibumi has for Saji, in the future parts of the story.

Finally, I think that we would have a better understanding of this topic, after we read volume 16, where we will learn ... what kind of conditions you have to fulfill to have you're SG gain the potential to become a Longinus.
@Chris38 true well ^_^ thanks im just curious thats all ^_^ well thanks for answering my question, we need to wait for vol 16 translation before we do debate on how/why longinus work/born sorry about that
Old 2013-10-30, 08:52   Link #689
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Well V16 translation begins tomorrow so we won't have to wait too long to find that out!
Oh and kusabireika, there's no reason to apologize lol. It's a valid question that I'm sure we're all curious about (at least I know I am).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Well since it's so slow till the translation come out I'll throw out a light hearted question.

Who will be the one to finely fill Ise in on what's going on with him and Rias and the girls.

Who is going to tell Ise he's engaged to and will be marrying Rias.

Who is going to tell Ise he already has a harem.

My vote is Azazel.
Definitely Azazel. In one of the V15 stories he mentioned to himself that he was wondering when Ise will finally realize what's going on with him and Rias and the girls and that he already has a harem. He's definitely gonna be the one to point it out to Ise, especially since they have such a close perverted friendship anyway. Now, I can't wait for that scene to occur.
Gary29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 18:51   Link #690
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

azazel is gonna get the most fun posible out it ... (for him that is .. )
Old 2013-10-30, 19:50   Link #691
Tbolt

I can see a few years into the future Azazel asking Sirzechs about the huge group of kids gathered around Ise. Is that an Oppai Dragon fan club, and Sirzechs just shakes his head and says no. Ise has decided to repopulate the underworld by himself.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 20:32   Link #692
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

half everything xD half dragons, angels, fallen angels, magician, valkiries, vampires, humans, gods, whatever race chichigami's people is ... , maybe wolfs at some point .. youkais ... grim reapers ... etc etc etc .. xD

the gremory castle is gonna be more like a nursery for every race in the world xD
Old 2013-10-30, 20:41   Link #693
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix221186 View Post
half everything xD half dragons, angels, fallen angels, magician, valkiries, vampires, humans, gods, whatever race chichigami's people is ... , maybe wolfs at some point .. youkais ... grim reapers ... etc etc etc .. xD

the gremory castle is gonna be more like a nursery for every race in the world xD
something .... is missing half devils? :P, probably the gremory will take this as business like oppai dragon gene?, however if rias become head i think she wont sell issei dragon gene coz issei is his husband :P and she doesnt want more rival in issei love except the one who fell in love with him in past :P

ontopic: im curious what will caocao look like/personality & power up ^^? i wonder if we can call caocao human "if he heal his curse himself with some unknown things " he want to beat issei in rematch :P
Old 2013-10-30, 20:57   Link #694
Tbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
something .... is missing half devils? :P, probably the gremory will take this as business like oppai dragon gene?, however if rias become head i think she wont sell issei dragon gene coz issei is his husband :P and she doesnt want more rival in issei love except the one who fell in love with him in past :P

ontopic: im curious what will caocao look like/personality & power up ^^? i wonder if we can call caocao human "if he heal his curse himself with some unknown things " he want to beat issei in rematch :P
Well I picture Cao Cao looking like a pirate, Peg leg and an eye patch and a SG that looks like a parrot on his shoulder.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 21:01   Link #695
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

i kinda see him like a hybrid grim reaper =/
Old 2013-10-30, 21:04   Link #696
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix221186 View Post
i kinda see him like a hybrid grim reaper =/
me to probably the logical choice for him i guess "due to samael curse" though we arent uncertain if cao cao will took this route, we just need to wait for vol 16 translation and vol 17 to find that out :P
Old 2013-10-31, 01:41   Link #697
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

I'm already curious, will Cao Cao return w/ the Holy Spear in his possession? If so, is there a possibility that we will be seeing the Truth Idea BB in the future?
Old 2013-10-31, 01:42   Link #698
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

shakra said he will give it back if he returns from hell like all the great heroes have done .. so maybe ?
Old 2013-10-31, 01:51   Link #699
Ickarium

See, I hope he does just so Iseei has to fight him and can eventually win without a trick (as cool as it was). Kind of like how he'd not curbstomp Riser.
Ickarium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 05:46   Link #700
Newhope

LOL at life 0 whole reason I love Xenovia, and I really hope Ravel get in on the act she seem willing enough.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novel, translation