AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-06-11, 12:12   Link #21
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
We need a greater understanding of who kaguya is.
Well, personally I don't. I just think the Naruto story is so different from what it used to be, and it just keeps getting stranger and sillier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akumaten View Post
Dude, you're 5-7 years too late. It stopped being about ninjas after Part 1 ended. In detail, since the beginning of the Sasuke "Rescue" Arc. It's Naruto Z now.
It was still about ninja affairs during the kage summit arc. But the war arc is definitely bringing the WTF levels to new heights.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-11, 12:13   Link #22
Pablete
Banned

At times like this, my body moves on its own... Just like back on the bridge - Naruto

Oh, I remember back then when Sasuke used to be a cool character.

Good move Naruto.
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-11, 12:26   Link #23
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Kakashi holding shit down and keeping it OG with the kunai and scroll. Who would've thought using your brains and ordinary ninja tools around you would still work? Compared to say...developing anti-gravity powers :/
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-11, 12:55   Link #24
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Well, personally I don't. I just think the Naruto story is so different from what it used to be, and it just keeps getting stranger and sillier.
I don't get what you mean. It still is about the same things, we even see team 7 again, and many things about them didn't change at all. We see the big difference between the personalities of Sasuke and Naruto again, and how that causes the conflict. The only different things are that now these two are in charge instead of Kakashi or some random shitty kage and of course that they are now much more powerful. Since this is an action shonen series power inflation and the main characters surpassing everyone else is a given thing, actually most of the readers would demand this if it didn't happen by now.

I remember complaining about insane power levels at the very end of part 1, when it was revealed that those 9 unknown akatsuki members are as strong or even stronger than Orochimaru. It was made clear than that there will be crazy strong guys so that all the logic will have to be trown away when it comes to their powers. I mean look at the akatsuki at the beginning of part 2, if they were attacking together one village at a time they could have destroyed all 5 major ninja villages in a week and collected all tailed beasts. What they were doing made no sense. But the same was true for people like Kurenai and Asuma when trying to fight Itachi, who they believed killed the entire legendary Uchiha clan by himself.

But if you mean that you expected a *real* ninja fight between Sasuke+Naruto and Madara then i cannot agree more, i was hoping for a cool ninja fight instead of a powerup/monster fight, where the opponents try to outsmart the other. Right now it doesn't look like we will get that, but i think it can still happen, we just have to wait. Surely the level of the fight will be above human level but that doesn't rule out a real ninja fight. Right now Kaguya's power level is so above of theirs that they can only hope to outsmart her, raw power won't help it seems, so why not outsmarting her with some cool ninja tricks and tactics? She was not used having powerful and smart chakra users as opponents, the ninja arts advanced after her death. I would like to see her raw power being beaten by smart use of ninja tactics and teamwork. And its probably not a coincidence that Kishimoto makes Sasuke tell us that Kakashi is useless, and now even the sharingan is taken from him, so this seems to be a setup for a scene where Kakashi is the only one who can think of a solution.

Quote:
It was still about ninja affairs during the kage summit arc. But the war arc is definitely bringing the WTF levels to new heights.
Ninja affairs were boring to me, the kage summit just confirmed that these village ninjas are stupid assholes and they deserve whatever comes against them. The world of ninjas was very simplistic from the very beginning of this manga, i don't see a change in that, or maybe now it became even a bit more complex than it was, which is a good change.

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2014-06-11 at 13:07.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-11, 14:22   Link #25
Nagatsu

Quote:

Try to think of it like this... were at the end of the Naruto/Dragonball. Kaguya/King Piccolo just arrived and things just got crazy on a whole other level with aliens being introduced and power levels on a crazy level.

That being said here's some predictions/a theory:

We all know Kishi is highly influenced by Dragonball, so that got me thinking . . . who might Kaguya be and then it dawned on me: she's King Piccolo from Dragonball!

All the parallels are there: evil person from another planet, self proclaimed guardian of earth, super powerful, last villan in the original series.

Which means...

She's going to be defeated by sealing (this one is obvious after they showed the sealing tools again)

Were going to find out about her home planet (based on her wanting to create an army and being said to have come from a "far away land")

Naruto might even go there after the next time skip (Assuming Kishi continues the series, Naruto will have to go to Namek/Kaguya's home planet and get a bunch of insane power ups from the land where Dragon Balls/Chakra originated)

There might even be a "good" half to her just like there was the Kami/Piccolo dichotomy in Dragonball (this one is more of a stretch but we are going to have to learn how she turned so damn evil!)
Nagatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-11, 14:52   Link #26
Eragon
Still Alive

I think Kaguya just (by just, I mean after centuries of reflection) realized that humanity is too dumb to have chakra and just wants it all back now. When you have people like Obito who wanted to enact IT because they can't move on from a one sided teenage crush, you really can't fault her for that conclusion.

Spoiler for chapter:
Old 2014-06-11, 15:04   Link #27
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Well, personally I don't. I just think the Naruto story is so different from what it used to be, and it just keeps getting stranger.
Fair enough...

I would agree that the story is different but has been since the introduction of the rinnegan. Once the "father of all ninja" box was opened substituon logs and booby traps went out the window. But the one thing that has been consistent is chakra. And I'm excited to wrap up how and why it can about.
Old 2014-06-11, 15:18   Link #28
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

Well in this chapter what I see was :
Naruto : Kaaameeehaaameehaaaa
Kaguya: Kamehaaameehaa
And some sasuke popping out from the sky

And also i figured out what is kaguya plan. To create an army to stop the sayians which are coming to earth

This chapter also killed Sasusaku pairing

Now being more serious , Naruto and Sasuke in order to seal Kaguya will need to extract a part of her chakra
Old 2014-06-11, 15:32   Link #29
DarkHollowIchigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post

Ninja affairs were boring to me, the kage summit just confirmed that these village ninjas are stupid assholes and they deserve whatever comes against them. The world of ninjas was very simplistic from the very beginning of this manga, i don't see a change in that, or maybe now it became even a bit more complex than it was, which is a good change.

Sounds like a copy of our own society, filled with stupidity, we also deserve whatever comes to us...
Old 2014-06-11, 19:11   Link #30
Shinagami
Rubiks Cube

Always Cliffhangers... Pretty average chapter ddnt really explain much or show anything new besides naruto flying, different dimensions and kakashi awesome again. More fights and better explanations would be awesome for the next chapters
Shinagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 00:56   Link #31
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Well that was a boring chapter. Also useless Sakura, changing dimensions, flying Naruto and a villain that exists only to be a final villain and nothing else.
Final villains like that aren't actually a problem. It's only a problem when the other things you mentioned get in the way. When it's done well, a final villain meant to be a final villain is awesome.

The chapter was decent... The dynamic between the three was interesting. I also had the same reaction to Naruto flying... DBZ... but it did inspire Naruto... so it's kind of an acknowledgement in a way instead of just copying it. Even if it doesn't feel right, the intent was likely benign. The flashback between Naruto and Sasuke was one moment I actually really liked. I was waiting for that to be mentioned for a VERY long time.

This is definitely not the best arc I've seen, but it has a few good moments here and there. I also liked the fact that Kakashi isn't useless even though he lost his Sharingan. This proves that Kakashi is a boss just because... he's a boss.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 04:46   Link #32
DarkHollowIchigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
This proves that Kakashi is a boss just because... he's a boss.
Hahahaha exactly this.
Old 2014-06-12, 11:34   Link #33
Casshern

So far the only one that's done anything remotely useful is Guy. Naruto and Sasuke, for all their monkey magic, haven't done jack.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 19:46   Link #34
JustRob

I think it's a shame where the manga has gone in the past few weeks. I thought Uchiha Madara was an excellent final villain, and now he's just tossed away as a pawn for summoning Kaguya, the real big bad nobody gives a shit about.

People said she would be the final villain shortly after she was introduced, and unfortunately it has come true.
Old 2014-06-12, 20:10   Link #35
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
I think it's a shame where the manga has gone in the past few weeks. I thought Uchiha Madara was an excellent final villain, and now he's just tossed away as a pawn for summoning Kaguya, the real big bad nobody gives a shit about.

People said she would be the final villain shortly after she was introduced, and unfortunately it has come true.
im pretty curious about kaguya...actually im really curious about that fruit she ate.
Old 2014-06-12, 21:35   Link #36
Divinegundam

See my sig Lets see Goku and Vegeta vs Buuhan

Slick moves by Kakashi as always! Ah Sakura please stop. I hope the Kages do something meaningful but i feel Kaguya will dispel the Edo jutsu

" Yes; I watched Naruto 15 years ago, it was called Dragon Ball Z"

MY AMV of Tieria/Virtue/Nadleeh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTKrCKoohjU
Divinegundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 22:36   Link #37
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinegundam View Post
See my sig Lets see Goku and Vegeta vs Buuhan

Slick moves by Kakashi as always! Ah Sakura please stop. I hope the Kages do something meaningful but i feel Kaguya will dispel the Edo jutsu
She might but if they were gonna exit stage left I imagine kishi would have let madara do it...I imagine the senju brothers have some insight to impart unless kishi is planning to have kaguya manipulate them since they are made of zetsus
Old 2014-06-13, 00:17   Link #38
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Kaguya wants all the chakra? Does that mean she's going confiscate all of the ninjutsu so that no one will fight anymore?

Ninja: WE STILL HAVE OUR KUNAI AND SHURIKEN LOL

Kaguya: Then I shall confiscate every metal.
Old 2014-06-13, 11:28   Link #39
Sinedd

Send a message via AIM to Sinedd Send a message via Yahoo to Sinedd
680: Once Again
Once again nothing really important happened in this chapter, so I can't say too much.
We know the 4 Edo Kages will join the battle as soon as they get there.
I don't think that Susanoo made by Sasuke will affect Kaguya. Nope.
Sinedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 13:12   Link #40
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post

yea i agree. i would prefer madara to at least be around and important now, perhaps like a mexican standoff type fight where it's alliance vs madara vs kaguya. he was too powerful and important to the story to just be gone for some even older much-less-relevant character
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion