AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-02-13, 11:45   Link #1341
Chris38

I don't think that Arthur has shown his full capabilities as a swordsman yet.

After all ... he claims himself to be ... Kiba's rival and considering what kind of stunts Kiba is capable of ... despite having only a 'normal' Evil Piece ... that declaration shouldn't be underestimated.

Especially considering the fact that Arthur is still a human ... while Kiba is a reincarnated Devil.

So, I think that a mutation piece might be suitable for Arthur ... especially considering the fact, that I think it was mentioned in the novels that in the Khaos Brigade he was ranked higher, then Siegfried ... and we know what the Gremory team needed to pull in order to defeat him...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 11:47   Link #1342
jopjopjop

Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
Well Arthur isn't that OP too.
Well, I didn't say that he is a candidate for reincarnation using Sairaorg's mutation piece. Collbrande is the OPed one

The conversation went like this :
Arthur might die and Sona is the only one who has EP left -> *Sairaorg still has one -> Heracles is a candidate for reincarnation using Sairaorg's piece -> *mutation piece would be wasted on Heracles.
jopjopjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 12:01   Link #1343
G147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
Considering Arthur is better than Kiba, who can hold off Issei one on one, I really don't think he -needs- an artificial sacred gear at this time.
True, well i was just thinking some sort of like a sheath shaped Artificial Sacred Gear that could store the Caliburn/Collbrande's excess power since the Collbrande is kept in the special space like other Holy Sword, i though it would be better to make use of the excess energy than letting it being released pointlessly in another space.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 12:09   Link #1344
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
I don't think that Arthur has shown his full capabilities as a swordsman yet.

After all ... he claims himself to be ... Kiba's rival and considering what kind of stunts Kiba is capable of ... despite having only a 'normal' Evil Piece ... that declaration shouldn't be underestimated.

Especially considering the fact that Arthur is still a human ... while Kiba is a reincarnated Devil.

So, I think that a mutation piece might be suitable for Arthur ... especially considering the fact, that I think it was mentioned in the novels that in the Khaos Brigade he was ranked higher, then Siegfried ... and we know what the Gremory team needed to pull in order to defeat him...
If I remember correctly, it was stated that he didn't even consider Siegfried as a worthy rival. That alone shows how powerful he is. We also saw a good display of his capabilities when he took on Fenrir.
Old 2014-02-13, 12:19   Link #1345
jopjopjop

Fenrir himself acknowledges Arthur's strength.
But does that give him the merit to be a worthy being for a mutation piece? It's a 40-60 to me. >.<

The fact that Surtr and Gasper exhibits enormous potential makes me lean on him being unworthy.
Old 2014-02-13, 12:22   Link #1346
Tbolt

In a conversation between Ise and Kiba (to paraphrase) they were talking about armor being to restrictive in his movements and that his best defense was his speed and technique, and Arthur also being a swordsman its the same for him.
Old 2014-02-13, 12:38   Link #1347
jopjopjop

Off topic~ Are there any news about the contents of Miyama-Zero's Art Book?
Old 2014-02-13, 12:59   Link #1348
Tbolt

^There are 4 images here.

Spoiler for site:

Last edited by Tbolt; 2014-02-13 at 15:06.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 09:22   Link #1349
Tbolt

How do you think Ise and Cao Cao's first meeting is going to go, and what role do you think he is going to play in relation to DxD.
Old 2014-02-14, 10:30   Link #1350
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
How do you think Ise and Cao Cao's first meeting is going to go, and what role do you think he is going to play in relation to DxD.
I think that there first meeting is going to be pretty tense, considering his previous antagonist role...

As for what role Cao Cao is going to have ... obviously it's going to be an offensive one, considering that he is the wielder of the True Longinus.

It might be possible that he is also going to have some role in neutralizing the effects of Valerie's Holy Grail that has been stolen by Rizevim, since from what I remember ... it has been implied that the 3 'Holy' Longinus's are connected in someway in volume 16...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 06:54   Link #1351
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

That Holy Spear will be good against the types of euclid , or the evil dragons .
And i believe that arthur is worth 2 knight evil pieces just like kiba master
Old 2014-02-15, 07:27   Link #1352
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoMuseveni View Post
That Holy Spear will be good against the types of euclid , or the evil dragons .
Or queen/joker in angel reincarnation system
Old 2014-02-15, 08:40   Link #1353
Tbolt

Quote:
Where did you find that probably a 20 year old human was at the same level as a 350 year old Demon/samurai that is so strong he is in Sirzechs Lucifer's Peerage.
Old 2014-02-15, 16:56   Link #1354
it_happens

Quote:
Where did you find that probably a 20 year old human was at the same level as a 350 year old Demon/samurai that is so strong he is in Sirzechs Lucifer's Peerage.
well that also depends on when sirzech reincarnated his knight into a devil . he wasn't a devil before reincarnation he was just a samurai letting spirits/youki live in his body or something like that . but i don't think age matters until after they become reincarnated besides i think plenty of humans are worthy of two knight or other pieces .
it_happens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 20:34   Link #1355
jopjopjop

Quote:
It depends on whose EP will be going to be used. Evil Pieces grow proportional to its master. If the King is just a normal High-class Devil, Arthur would probably need two Knight pieces but if its someone powerful, he would only need one.

Quote:
Okita needed two because of the youkais inside him. If it wasn't for those, he would only need one Knight piece.
Quote:
“That’s why he probably needed two [Knight] pieces. The ones who were fighting the anti-monsters, created from Jabberwocky, were Souji-san’s youkais.”
Old 2014-02-16, 06:06   Link #1356
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

Quote:
Okita needed two evil pieces cause he possessed the youkai inside him , and i presume that arthur need also 2 pieces cause from what i see you need some kind of power to master holy king sword collbrande , plus with son wukong training , i presume he will reach okita level .
Old 2014-02-16, 07:46   Link #1357
jopjopjop

Quote:
Okita needed two evil pieces cause he possessed the youkai inside him , and i presume that arthur need also 2 pieces cause from what i see you need some kind of power to master holy king sword collbrande , plus with son wukong training , i presume he will reach okita level .
It still depends on whose EP will be going to be used.

Quote:
“-That’s how it is, so won’t you become my servant so you can start a business in the Underworld? I think you will be able to become a magic cannon member by attaining the [Rook] piece and with that magic of yours. I just hope that it would be possible with just one chess piece.”
Quote:
“It was recently announced that the unused ‘Evil-Pieces’ change to reflect the growth rate of the master who possesses them. The Maou Ajuka Beelzebub who was part of creating them is famous for including secret factors for the technical programs.”
If it was Rias at the start of the series, she would probably need two Rook pieces to reincarnate Ross.
Old 2014-02-16, 15:52   Link #1358
Tbolt

I wonder about the battle at the school, is everyone there when the attack stars or they arrive there after the attack has started.

Either way would have a slightly different story progression, the ending would be the same but the way they would get there is different.

Tags
light novel, translation