AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 166
091 - 100: Amazing... 71 55.04%
081 - 090: Great... 34 26.36%
071 - 080: Very Good... 11 8.53%
061 - 070: Good... 6 4.65%
051 - 060: Average... 2 1.55%
041 - 050: Below Average... 2 1.55%
031 - 040: Bad... 0 0%
021 - 030: Very Bad... 0 0%
011 - 020: Awful... 0 0%
000 - 010: You'd rather be watching Final Fantasy: Legend of the Crystals... 3 2.33%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-06-23, 23:17   Link #1
james0246

[Anime-only] Shippuden Episode 166 Discussion

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted before it airs in Japan (which is Thursday at 07:29 PM).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
    • Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.

This Week's episode:
Confession - 告白 ~ Kokuhaku.

Description:
Quote:
Hinata decides to come to Naruto's aid as he is incapacitated by Pain. Despite knowing her overwhelming disadvantage, Hinata confronts Pain in battle. Subsequently, she confesses her love for Naruto. She is ultimately defeated and (apparently) fatally stabbed by Pain, causing Naruto to transform in his Nine Tailed Fox form out of anger. Meanwhile, Konoha ninja start the search for Pain's controlling body, Nagato.
Credits –
Animation Supervisor: Hirofumi Suzuki (123, 85, 82)
Storyboard; Episode Director; Screenplay: Toshiyuki Tsuru (123, 85, 82)

Title for Next Episode:
Catastrophic Planetary Construction - 地爆天星 ~ Chibaku Tensei.

Last edited by james0246; 2010-06-30 at 16:50.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 23:28   Link #2
Isekaijin

Yep, I can already listen the hordes of fans cheering or weeping.

Normally I don't watch the anime, but hell I'm going to make an exception for this!
Isekaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 01:16   Link #3
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Not that there's much else to do, given that there's no manga chapter this week.

TO WAR!!!
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 05:14   Link #4
neshru

I'm tempted to give it a 10 before the episode has even aired
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 06:44   Link #5
Blaat

Is this what they call the 'quiet before the storm'?
Old 2010-06-24, 06:57   Link #6
EoT
~~

I really loved this episode.

Hinata really shined and I don't care if she lost, it was plain awesome and my respect for her has gone up. The animation quality was really good as well when she used Twin Lion Fists.

She was pretty brutally murdered as well...

Hopefully the Kyuubi brings the pain!

Last edited by EoT; 2010-06-24 at 07:18.
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 07:42   Link #7
Bombo
TSF Fans

..I can't wait to watch this episode...Hinata <3
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 07:45   Link #8
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
Holy shit, Hinata was trashed really good. I didn't like the first 16 minutes of it, it was stretched too long for the sake of seeing Hinata beaten so badly (and I mean really badly beaten).

For the heck of it, 91-100 just for the last scene.
Old 2010-06-24, 07:46   Link #9
herculan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EoT View Post
IThe animation quality was really good as well when she used Twin Lion Fists.
Qualitiy was awful, no shades and just looked terrible even worse then last few episodes :S Sound was awful aswell.....
But overall, what they added as filler material and how they interpreted the chapter and how they brought it to us and the text/lines was AWESOME.. just like the last chapter.. Latest 2 chapters have been much better except for the sound and graphics(I really miss the old tunes)..
herculan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 07:53   Link #10
ReXcore
One Piece/Bleach&Naruto

Send a message via MSN to ReXcore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photonbeam View Post
Holy shit, Hinata was trashed really good. I didn't like the first 16 minutes of it, it was stretched too long for the sake of seeing Hinata beaten so badly (and I mean really badly beaten).

agreeing absolutely
ReXcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 07:59   Link #11
bombyethan1000

Spoiler:

Last edited by bombyethan1000; 2010-06-24 at 08:40.
bombyethan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 08:08   Link #12
Emilis
Sacrificing the elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
I'm tempted to give it a 10 before the episode has even aired
I was too.... glad I waited. Don't get me wrong, I happen to be a Hinata fan, and I did like the episode, but boy a lot of things disappointed me too. I half expected filler material in the fight just because it's Hinata, but I really think they went a bit over board. Maybe if they just gave her the extra flashback, or one or two of the extra attacks. And man, you know they LOVE Hinata when the anime staff actually allows her to land a HIT on Pain! I can anticipate the fall out of that one already. The one filler bit I did really like was her going for the chakra rods more than attacking Pain. It did a better job of showing she was more concerned for Naruto than she was angry at Pain. I cracked up when the same track kicked in at the same time as it did on Smyton4tw's fan animation at the beginning of her confession. One of my biggest gripes was the ending! In the manga it looked like a freekin mini nuke went off, and it was actually OFF SCREEN in the anime (although I can take a guess as to why)! Man that ticked me off! And not to spoil anything, but the last panel in the manga was one of the coolest and they cut it short so it wasn't in this episode ARGHHH!

And most of all, THE STUPID RED CHEEKS! Ugh I hate those! As bad as they are on Konohamaru, I think they look even worse on Hinata. Why on earth don't they at least blend the color to make it a little more like a real blush instead of two stupid solid red dots!?

Last edited by Emilis; 2010-06-24 at 09:23.
Emilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 08:39   Link #13
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilis View Post
And man, you know they LOVE Hinata when the anime staff actually allows her to land a HIT on Pain! I can anticipate the fall out of that one already.
Maybe you didn't notice that she landed a hit just because Nagato had a moment of weakness. Besides that she got completely trashed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photonbeam View Post
I agree. I expected more from the first part of the episode, but the last 5 minutes were amazing.
Old 2010-06-24, 08:40   Link #14
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
This episode nearly brought a tear to my eye, it's been a while seen I've been this moved in Naruto.

When Pein tossed Hinata into the ground and ran a spike through her, man that was a strong scene...
Old 2010-06-24, 08:47   Link #15
bombyethan1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by herculan View Post
Qualitiy was awful, no shades and just looked terrible even worse then last few episodes :S Sound was awful aswell.....
But overall, what they added as filler material and how they interpreted the chapter and how they brought it to us and the text/lines was AWESOME.. just like the last chapter.. Latest 2 chapters have been much better except for the sound and graphics(I really miss the old tunes)..
wow cg graphics and animation with no shades...is the animation staff trolling us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangs View Post
This episode nearly brought a tear to my eye, it's been a while seen I've been this moved in Naruto.

When Pein tossed Hinata into the ground and ran a spike through her, man that was a strong scene...
Did she actually get penetrated in the manga? I don't think she even landed a punch on pein in the manga
bombyethan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 08:54   Link #16
Emilis
Sacrificing the elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Maybe you didn't notice that she landed a hit just because Nagato had a moment of weakness. Besides that she got completely trashed.
Common, I noticed. It just wasn't in the manga. In fact after she quits having the flashbacks and begins her attack, she lasts all of four panels before she's down for good . I love her character, and I like that the anime gave her a bit more of a shot against him, but I do think it's amusing just how far the anime will take things with just her. Giving her several attacks before she stays down, and giving Pain a convenient "moment of weakness" just as she strikes so she lands a hit. I love it, I'm glad the anime staff is on our side , but it is still amusing, and I can just imagine the Hinata haters are going to go crazy over that one!
Emilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 08:58   Link #17
neshru

I don't get what the big deal is. Nothing of what the anime team added or changed looked far fetched to me.
Old 2010-06-24, 09:01   Link #18
'Pryde
I am better than you

i culdnt take this episode seriously cuz of hinata's flopping around in the air like a rag doll, which had me rolling
'Pryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 09:05   Link #19
jsu718

What should have been one of the best episodes based on the story ended up being practically unwatchable for me because the drawing quality was so incredibly terrible. Thin lines, wrong features, terrible movement, no detail whatsoever... just outline and fill the entire episode, and even that got screwed up.
jsu718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 09:05   Link #20
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

its so sad :'(, but naruto and the nine tails this is going to be fun fun

Tags
weekly episode discussion